ULTIMATEVOLUNTEER writes:

in response to FulmerForever:

If something crazy happens and we lose Phillip (God forbid) here is my list of candidates ranked in order.

1. Gruden - tough, a winner, and would be a great recruiter.
2. Sly Crooms - has worked miracles on the farm in Starksville, would be awesome with our resources.
3. David Cutcliffe - same as Crooms, would be awesome with some real resources.
4. John Zook - UF regrets losing him. The man knows the SEC like the back of his hand.
5. Steve Spurrier Jr. - 'nough said. Good offense in the genes.

who is John Zook?

BillsBrother writes:

in response to gatorzz:

Would love to answer your question ZZ, but pretty much any score over 20 looks like running it up to a Vol fan now.

dcvolfan98 writes:

I have ceased getting mad at the TV. I just want this season to end in a mercy killing. This is the ugliest I have ever seen the team look. Something is definitely wrong when Eric Berry gets an interception that could provide a spark, and the offense seemed as lifeless as ever. <<sigh>>

thevoice writes:

in response to salocke#209467:

Jonathan Crompton taking snaps again! YIKES!!!!!!!!! How about giving BJ Coleman the next 3 games to audition for next year?

Most thoughtful statement of the evening. Just wish the coaches were reading this board! Am I the only one watching the UT vs. Tech game thinking how impressed I am with Leach (sp) and Tech?

TommyJack writes:

in response to FulmerForever:

1. Gruden - tough, a winner, and would be a great recruiter.
3. David Cutcliffe - same as Crooms, would be awesome with some real resources.
5. Steve Spurrier Jr. - 'nough said. Good offense in the genes.

Now there's a short list any AD would drool over.

shipperman#280095 writes:

in response to FedUpVolFan:

Now that's funny stuff. I don't care who you are!

Yeah that "John" Zook was a real loss to the Gators

socalvol writes:

I was pulling for South Carolina, so I actually enjoyed the game.

DennisVols writes:

Nothing like a train wreck. A train wreck doesn't last this long and not that many people are hurt compared to this.

FedUpVolFan writes:

in response to BillsBrother:

LMAO! That's funny too.And no.He didn't run the score up.Didn't have to.

newtonrail writes:

in response to WalkingClassic:

How good would Boyd, Giles, Oku, and Stokes look in a Mike Leach or Chris Peterson offense?

Fulmer may need to go. With that said: If we hire Leach, When do the Fat jokes start on him? Peterson: Playing with Hawkins players who is failing at Colorado. Can Peterson relate in the South and Build a program on his own? And the TJ or whoever was discussing the UConn coach, Please noooo.

Vols1998 writes:

Fire Clawson and his team...they really do suck, and I mean that in the most respectful way. Go back to DII and get your "scheme" up to date. That stuff does not fly in the SEC.

CPF, come on buddy, do the right thing, fire Clawson's staff before you lose your job...ok, I'll do it for you, I really do not mind, I think you really want whats best, but Clawson and his Richmond buddies....well...they just transformed the mighty UT into a DII team....OUCH!! that hurt typing it :\

hotrodvol writes:

in response to WalkingClassic:

I don't know, but i'm ready to see it. They are my top two coaches now.

Tommy Jack, you got to give Leach a hard look.

Jed writes:

in response to mdvol:

I didn't see Hardesty get a single snap at tailback. Was he hurt or did Fulmer forget again that he plays for us?

I would go with the latter.

huntined#565710 writes:

Am I just dreaming are all these recruits really going to come to TENN? I mean they are some good players in this group and a lot of them would start if they do come..
We sure do need some new blood that can run-pass and catch the ball!!

asleep#212036 writes:

OK - I get the frustration with the (inevitable, I think) coaching change but forget the pro guys. 4 million/yr won't touch a pro coach and besides, most of those guys came up through the pros and thus don't know how or don't care about recruiting. At UT, that means death. We will have to get a guy with big-time school experience (NOT Connecticut) who would be willing to leave where he is. Not sure Leach would leave. Pretty sure Butch Davis would at least think about it. Whichever side you're on, it would seem extremely unlikely that Phil will be allowed to stay even if he wins out. Lose another, and I would bet the farm on it. Go Vols!!!

TommyJack writes:

in response to newtonrail:

Not me. Don't lay that on me, Newton.

ncvol17 writes:

Tim Priest saying in the post game ' win out and go to a bowl'.. couldn't hear any laughter in the background... pretty good attorney to make that case with a straight face isn't he?

Wyoming scored 35 today... how many games combined does it take to get 35 offensive points from us?

chrisw2967 writes:

Fulmer probably stuck Crompton in the game to piss the fans off even more , I think he has a mental problem,cause you would have to have one to even think about putting that pathetic POS into the game.
he has lost all control and I dont even think the players respects him.
I think Fulmer is calling the plays , I dont hold Clawson responsible,this is the same off. we have been seeing forever.
there is no reason to keep fulmer for another week , let alone for another year.Just because we have a good recruiting class doesnt mean nothing.he doesnt do nothing with these recruits once he gets them except ruin them or let them set on the bench until their jr. year.
Its time for him to go ,any place I dont care just leave.

Jshoop writes:

Nothing is gonna happen until the season is over and then, most likely, Phil will get an extension so he will have time to work like heck and get better.

We love you VOlS but don't give up in the first half. Keep your heads up. Some of us are still supporting you as hard as ever, but tonight I saw some deep-sad eyes and some I don't care looks. Don't ever quit!!!!

Seniors, win out and get a little respect back before you graduate.

volsthunder writes:

Are you kidding me? Is it possibly for a team with the tradition, resources, alum, and fan base to be more poorly coached? The execution lapses, the inept coaching decisions, and the overall quality of a program once considered a power is the laughing stock of D1 college football. Hamilton, are you and the trustess just sipping your scotch and getting so blind that you cannot see the detriment of direction for our football program? Look at the statistics, look at the current standings, look at the fragmented alumni and fan base. Dont give us the excuse as "I have to evaluate the overall body of work" horse hockey! The overall body is rottening on every field in the SEC including Neyland Stadium. It stinks! From Cumberland Avenue to the Ag Campus, from Kingsport to Reelfoot Lake. Every game day for the last memory of years smells like decayed feces. Enough!!! Hamiltion, either come out and make a public statement or do what you were hired to do and send this pitiful excuse for a coaching staff packing. What?? We want to wait and see what happens with another recruiting class? Why?? This staff hasnt developed recruits since h3ll was matchstick! Its like a sick joke for the alumni and fans. Im tired of being sick and if Im going to be sick, give me some medicine to at least fight off the disease. We have a disease Hamilton and its name is Phil Fulmer....Get rid of this before it becomes a plague! You are supposedly a smart guy. Maybe you have heard of the "black death" from history. If you know your history Hamilton, it took decades to overcome..Is that your legacy Hamilton? Do you really want to be the one abused and blamed for the death of Tennessee football?

khelton657 writes:

The view never changes....

JACK8254 writes:

in response to Voltillyafall:

Looks to me like Nick got in a coach's face and yelled at him, so he was benched the rest of the half.

it was interesting that Crompton hasnot gotten any better- still making up his mind before the snap where hes going with the ball-still not accurate, still throwing too flat and getting the ball knocked down by the d line. How can these guys never get better. Do you think that maybe they dont really practice?

hotrodvol writes:

Texas is coming back.

oldbasshead writes:

I don't want Clawson as the head coach, but in his second year, I'll bet he could do better than Fulmer would do if retained for another year. Today a lawyer in Knoxville told me that most of the 09 recruits had been recruited by the new offensive coaches. Any truth to that?

JNutz33 writes:

in response to FulmerForever:

1. Gruden - tough, a winner, and would be a great recruiter.
3. David Cutcliffe - same as Crooms, would be awesome with some real resources.
5. Steve Spurrier Jr. - 'nough said. Good offense in the genes.

Who is "John" Zook?

tenuscvol writes:

Give Nick credit for having to try to read a defense thrown at him by Spurrier and playing against one of the better defenses. The Crompton experiment was a joke but I'll give the benifit of the doubt that it was a discipline issue. Gators spanked Georgia pretty good. Considering our new QB situation (and I stay stick with Nick) we have played against some very good football teams and probably would have lost most of those (SEC) games anyway...

The team (offense) is not executing for some reason but the play calling is also not working...

..think thats the key and not sure who to blame ...

We'll get through this ....

Hope we get a bowl but next year looks promising...

GoVols!

WalkingClassic writes:

I know I said Leach or Peterson, but in all honesty I am a defensive man. I would much rather have muschamp, or especially Butch Davis. I'm currently in a offensive deprived hangover. I just really want to see some points scored

budrhon writes:

in response to FulmerForever:

1. Gruden - tough, a winner, and would be a great recruiter.
3. David Cutcliffe - same as Crooms, would be awesome with some real resources.
5. Steve Spurrier Jr. - 'nough said. Good offense in the genes.

Slowly put the pipe down and back away from the keyboard. Blogs aren't for you.

GeorgiaVolunteer writes:

Fat Phil Fulmer's Farewell Tour...
Only three dates left.
Tickets are available.

asleep#212036 writes:

in response to huntined#565710:

We sure do need some new blood that can run-pass and catch the ball!!

That stellar recruiting class may ironically be Phil's undoing. It won't be hard to entice someone to come and coach a team with that much returning talent and a top 5 recruiting class. If the cupboard were empty, like Arkansas last year, it would be much harder. Just think - Phil works like heck to get all those kids to commit and that ends up making it easier for Mikey to fire him. Wow. Go Vols!!!

jt1369w writes:

in response to Voltillyafall:

No coach could win with that QB, offensive line, and receivers.

Really, but who is responsible for recruiting this qb, ol, and recievers?

Jed writes:

in response to hotrodvol:

Texas is coming back.

If Bama trash becomes #1, it may be over for us Tennessee fans. Gather the troops and artillery, we gotta train for the worst.

JohnnyVol writes:

in response to conr1976:

It's over. All the Phat Phil Phulmer supporters just need to shut up and realize that he's gone. If he DOESN'T come out tomorrow and resign, I'm going to be very disappointed and if he's not gone at the end of the season, this 32 yr vol fan very well may be done. It's time for a change. I'm tired of seeing the Great Pumpkin on the sidelines, clapping every time a player does something stupid. This is TENNESSEE! Tennessee football used to be something I was proud to be a fan of, but now my neighbors (Florida fans) don't even talk smack to me anymore....out of pity. It's just sad.

The something that UT football used to be was just 5-9 years ago under CPF. It was not as if UT footbally was dominant for decades before CPF. Unfortunately, the something he made it is no more. Probably time for a new face there.

volfan1971 writes:

Foolmer locker room show coming up. This should be good!

SCVolsFan writes:

in response to salocke#209467:

Might I suggest Thompson-Boling Arena for basketball?

Good one ;)
Can't wait.

oldbasshead writes:

I had never heard of Bruce Pearl before he came to UT. Think Hamilton can pull another one out of the hat?

DennisVols writes:

Hmmmmmmmmm
Lets see. This week the KNS had a story suggesting Foster would probably not become the all time rushing leader at UT because of using Hardesty and Creer and his lack of production.
Tonight Hardesty was never on the field and Foster got most of the plays. Someone want to tell me why we allow this kind of bias to continue. One player is not bigger than the team. On 4th and inches where was Hardesty? You know he would have gotten the 1st down.
Some one put Warrens picture on a milk carton because he is missing as well.

WYLOVER writes:

in response to tenuscvol:

..think thats the key and not sure who to blame ...

We'll get through this ....

Hope we get a bowl but next year looks promising...

GoVols!

are you kidding? next year looks no better. other teams get better while we get worse.

get off the pills

Jed writes:

in response to GeorgiaVolunteer:

Fat Phil Fulmer's Farewell Tour...
Only three dates left.
Tickets are available.

Yes Sir, tell Sonny Perdue to throw in a donation towards a new coach.

BOHICA writes:

Don't blame Phil. He wasn't playing, he was just coaching.

Knoxobserver writes:

I'm wondering if jasonn1970 still thinks this team should go to a bowl game? Are you out there Jason? What do you think after today's debacle? Do you really want to see this team on national TV again? Would you be proud of this squad if it became bowl eligible at 6-6?? Are we as UT fans really supportive of a program which now has no hope of having a winning record even in the SEC? The best we can hope for is a 3-5 record vs the league. And after today's performance, how many of us really believe we will beat Vandy or UK, much less both of them.
As I have said before, I am no fair weather fan. I have followed this team and lived and died with them for almost 40 years. I may not have played or coached at the college level, but I am a lifetime student of the game. I know when we are headed in the wrong direction. Some tough decisions have to be made. These are sad days for the large orange.

JNutz33 writes:

We are 1-5 in the conference. How have we lost 5 conference games? Points for in the losses- 6, 12, 14, 9, and 6. 48 points divided by 5= 9 & 3/5. 9.6 points? How can you justify retaining any member of the offensive coaching staff?

ncvol17 writes:

Fulmer post game radio show: 'same song, second verse' we gave a poor O team 17 points as result of turnover...

Crompton put in because ' nick wasn't seeing the field well' Cromp did OK but went back to Nick...

Hardesty has injury.. Arian played well

JACK8254 writes:

in response to CatScratchFever:

you are right. Fulmer may have lost his coaching smarts ( make that for sure) but he is is still crafty and slick regarding money- thats why he got that simpleton Hamilton to re-do his deal. No Fing way he will leave $5 million on the table. This will not be easy, but there is no doubt that he has to go.

hotrodvol writes:

in response to Jed:

Yea, it would be sweet if Auburn could beat them, But they sukk as bad as we do.

volfan1971 writes:

in response to Jed:

I would go with the latter.

he was hurt. just well enuf to play a little on special teams.

dvols writes:

anybody got any kool aid, im fresh out

west_tn_volfan writes:

in response to FulmerForever:

1. Gruden - tough, a winner, and would be a great recruiter.
3. David Cutcliffe - same as Crooms, would be awesome with some real resources.
5. Steve Spurrier Jr. - 'nough said. Good offense in the genes.

No wonder your a Fulmer fan,your list is as ridiculous as keeping Fulmer would be.

volsthunder writes:

in response to hotrodvol:

Texas is coming back.

Hopefully they will continue to come back..Anything to keep the obnoxious Alabama bunch from being 1.

TommyJack writes: