CleverUserNameVol writes:

...and yes I'm well aware we were only at the top for a day and a half, but it was nice to finally be there. Thanks Bruce, for everything.

CoverOrange writes:

The rankings come out every Monday. We were #1 for a week. Nobody could take our place until the following Monday. Don't apologize for it.

knoxnewsuser writes:

Daniel West loss hurts a lot. Bobby Maze will have to prove his juco accolades are well warranted for UT to be a top 10 team.

shoalcreekvol writes:

in response to The_the:

Playing the "if" game? If Carolina could have finished some easy layups, they would have won by more. If Hansbrough and Ginyard played, they would have blown them out. If UT had played someone with a heartbeat, they would have lost. =-P

Someone with a heartbeat? Like VMI?

shoalcreekvol writes:

in response to mattlock:

Yeah, and your cupcake tour starts when you enter conference play. . .what's the difference?

DIN DING DING...AND THE WINNER BY TECHNICAL KNOCK OUT IS....MATTLOCK!

shoalcreekvol writes:

in response to CleverUserNameVol:

Heck yeah he was getting in their face. I bet he's still picking pieces of Woolridge's butt out of his teeth. He really tore him a new one at one point. I used to play a UT football drinking game with some buddies and we had to take two big gulps every time Fulmer showed improper emotion after a bad play. We were plowed by halftime.

We used to play a game like that but we had to drink one every time one of us would yell "what the hell is Fulmer doing?". The problem was we kept blacking out by the end of the 1st quarter so we never knew who won the game.

shoalcreekvol writes:

in response to Plasticman:

Amen, bro. I was shocked when they had only hit two 3's by halftime, but I'd been so busy enjoying the game I hadn't noticed...

shoalcreekvol writes:

in response to overatedvols:

Boy, is it a nice day today or what. I don't know if you Vol fans know it but Memphis landed the top.....No, i'm not going to do it. I refuse to boast. I'm not even going to say what I was going to say:

Others might get on here and brag about certain things:

Not me, no sirre, i'm not even going to say what I came here to say.

I've just got too much class for that.

overatedvols writes:

Hello there brownie, you too mparker and b_nease. There are a few class acts on this site among the many volnecks. Sorry nothing personal but you understand, it's my job.
Griz are better this year brownie. Now if they could just get some people back in the seats.
Special shout out to Robvols and his cousin Sobvols the trollhunter.

Myrsaad writes:

Well.. we're definitely not short on talent. We have to get better as a team though. Our defense, while spectacular in the first half was very lack-luster in the second. I know UTM is supposed to be picked to win their conference.. but if we played the whole game with the same intensity we would have won by 50.

That said.. I'm in love with our team.. Williams is becoming what everyone hoped and thought he could become.. and how about Bobby Maze?! 17 assists in his first 2 games.. He can score if required as well.. I'm super excited about our point guard play and our low post play. We have strength in areas that were previously our biggest weaknesses.

I agree with whoever said it.. that we may have the most talented team UT's ever put on a floor right now. We just have to gel. I fully expect us to win some of those big road games at this point.

b_neas writes:

in response to overatedvols:

Special shout out to Robvols and his cousin Sobvols the trollhunter.

No doubt....OJ Mayo is playing huge for my fantasy team

in response to overatedvols:

State of Tennessee cupcake tour rolls on.

Listen you no good disrespectful punk who can't show any homage to who the 2008 National Champions are, go back to your post and stay there or I will go to your post and smoke you and each member of your cult off your own home.

in response to overatedvols:

State of Tennessee cupcake tour rolls on.

What are you calling a cupcake, HUH?

Your league is full of cupcakes so before I can anything here about ours, I would look at your lackluster members who we would probably kill that we must as well be declared the first team in the tourney of 64.

yabadabadoo1026 writes:

seemingly overlooked is Negedu's 7 rebounds in just 10 minutes--thats impressive in a area we havent been dominant lately-----thats the definition of a good role player till he gets his entire game honed

in response to overatedvols:

UAB, a team from that soft conference called CUSA beat Arizona last night. Memphis beat UMass the night before.
In the meantime, in the mighty SEC (the conf. that put 6 teams in the tournament last year and 4 got beat in the first game) Kentucky 0-2, Georgia squeaks by Eastern Michigan and wins by 1 and then loses to Loyola of Chicago by 21 points. Alabama was beaten by Mercer. Good luck in the brutal SEC conf.

And besides, no one cares about who UAB beat because Arizona is on a rebuilding mode; show some dam gone respect; something you can't show with KU.

So you better leave or else!!!!

in response to overatedvols:

Special shout out to Robvols and his cousin Sobvols the trollhunter.

YOU LISTEN HERE,

YOU AND YOUR TROLL CULT ARE IN A HECK OF A LOT OF TROUBLE.

trollhunter writes:

Don't worry fans, I'm here to smoke out that troublesome troll and his followers.

overatedvols writes:

Man, that trollhunter is a tough one. Much meaner than his cousin Robvols. I'm just not so sure about his education level. Some of the stuff was unreadable sobvols. You mind
if i just call you sob for short?

indianacurly writes:

in response to askUncleMaze:

Hello B.Maze can go to his left... Check out his handle... First yall said he wasnt a PG. Then you said he cant play no defense. He shut that guy down last night. B.Maze has 17 assists in 2 games...

uncle, i was cautious before seeing him on the court, but i'm nearly sold at this point - love his defense and the way he plays hard but under control. reminds me alot of cj but maybe a little quicker on d.

THE_VOL writes:

Couple of things here:

1. Lester Hudson is NOT an NBA player. Period. End of discussion. He did NOTHING when TN wanted to defend him. Their length bothered him significantly so what's he gonna do against NBA guys???? Hope your taking a foreign language course Lester.

2. Don't get overly excited with B.Williams game. UTM had ZERO inside game. At least half of his rebounds were totally uncontested and just happen to have fallen right in his hands. UTM's total lack of post defense allowed for snowbird after snowbird for ole Brian. REMEMBER we saw this same kind of game from him against one of the patsies early last year and he never duplicated it as the competition got tougher. MAYBE this year will be different.

3. I posted yesterday this game was about nothing more than TN showing they have the discipline and maturity to maintain focus, intensity and execution against a weak opponent. Not too bad for about 10-15 minutes. Other than that they blew an opportunity to get better.

4. Next week's tournament is going to be extremely interesting and may well be where these Vols find out what it's going to take if they want to garner any hardware this year. They'd better be ready for Sienna.

indianacurly writes:

in response to HamptonsVol:

So you admit that you are a Dancing With the Stars fan? There is no shame in that. If Warren Sapp and Emmitt Smith can like it you can to.

not sure what 'winner, winner, chicken dinner' has to do with your dancing show there AG ... those that have been to vegas or watch movies based on blackjack (21 from last year) might recognize the phrase as cheesy exclamation uttered when dealt a 21. that a show that you seem too familiar with picked up on this piece of pop culture is great ... i guess. keep us posted on the latest happenings with the foxtrot

overatedvols writes:

Vol fans you won't want to miss the next Memphis game. We'll be playing one of your cupcakes (Chattanooga)tommorrow at 3:30pm (central time) on espn2 from Puerto Rico. Leave work early if you have to or you may just want to call in sick. You won't want to miss it.

Raynoch writes:

I like how all of the sudden playing Fairfield and UMass at home is perceived as good scheduling by some fans.

mattlock writes:

in response to overatedvols:

Special shout out to Robvols and his cousin Sobvols the trollhunter.

Dear Memphis,

We've thought about this for a long time and we just can't see a future with you. You're poor, uneducated, crime-ridden and corrupt. Sorry, but we have to break-up. Don't dispair, I'm sure Arkansas or Mississippi could use some more welfare receipients.

Sincerely,
The Rest of Tennessee

overatedvols writes:

Mattlock, you guys don't want us Memphians? What would the state be without us? Vanderbilt would be the only decent team in the state if we left. Also anybody that comes into the memphis city limits has a 50-50 chance they'll get out alive and a 25% chance they'll get out without being robbed. What more could you ask for?

mattlock writes:

in response to overatedvols:

You get better odds than that in Tunica. . .

Colliervol writes:

Others might get on here and brag about certain things:

Not me, no sirre, i'm not even going to say what I came here to say.

I've just got too much class for that.

Oh, you mean the Henry kid who is a great player for sure. (I suppose it didn't hurt to give a scholarship to his brother who is a questionable talent at best.)

You guys are becoming a Home for Wayward One Year Wonders who need a temporary crib for a year until they are old enough to declare for the draft. That's OK I guess, just not my cup of tea. Hard for me to root for a steady diet of players whose only interest is getting to the NBA.

Bottom line is that you should probably pay attention to your business because most of us aren't interested in Memphis or what they are doing until January when it's time to play. And then only for a day or so before that game. Lots of other things to keep us occupied before then. But, of course, when you only have one sport in a sad sack conference, I guess it's more interesting to get involved in what everybody else is doing.

coach75 writes:

in response to overatedvols:

State of Tennessee cupcake tour rolls on.

maybe cupcake right now, which i doubt since these teams are picked to win their conference and go to the dance. but nam me another team that would play the national champion, runner-up and a top twenty team in the middle of their conference schedule, instead of before they get to their conference.

CleverUserNameVol writes:

in response to overatedvols:

I hate you. That's all I have the energy for right now

overatedvols writes:

Now Collier, I won't be here regularly as much as I am today. I just had to break the rust off. I'll leave you guys to your team. I'll probably throw in a negative comment or two all along. Also you might want to go over the CA site and tell your vol boys the same thing. They stayed on our site all last season and they are doing it again.
Your points are full of holes.
As for Henry's brother getting a scholarship, I'm afraid you are wrong. He's a walk on and his schooling is being paid for by the new york yankees or mets or whoever he was playing with.
Wayward one year wonders huh. Well, I have no regrets with getting Rose last year. No regrets with having one of the top recruits this year, tyreke evans and now we just got the top high school player in the nation for next year and have a very good chance at John Wall. If that happens we'll be back in the national championship game. I don't think you'd be saying these things if the Vols had of landed Rose or Xavier Henry but since you didn't and the dreaded enemy did then .....the jealous comments flow. What's even more funny than vol fans jealousy is to go over to the kansas site and take a look at their comments after losing the battle over henry. Suddenly he's no good and they didn't want him when all along they did nothing but talk about how great they'd be if they got him. We've already got probably the top recruiting class for next year and if we land Wall there is no doubt.
I really thought your comments about Memphis only having one sport and what would we be doing during football season would have halted. You have other business to take care of? Can't be the football team as you said all summer. They are worse then Memphis this year. Looks like you've only got one sport now also.

THE_VOL writes:

in response to overatedvols:

Hey idiot - First of all you have absolutely NO SHOT at John Wall but you're free to dream. Second, why are you so proud of that murderer you've got playing there? Third, EXACTLY how much longer do we have to listen about all that supposed talent Cal's bought before they actually beat us???? Fourth, how long is that home winning streak now???? Fifth, does CUSA still exist? And finally, are you really as phucking stupid as your posts infer???? Maybe you need a TIMEOUT????

Hey you overated punk,

Get your propaganda off this website right darn now. No one cares about you being a bunch of sore losers because you can't win the big one.

Here is the facts:

KANSAS JAYHAWKS: 2008 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

and there is nothing you can do about it.

So why don't you go back to the sandbox and play nicely with your other trolls at the CA, or I will except the ending won't be as nice.

in response to brownsvillevol:

I don't know what the heck you are talking about but he is my cousin and he told me he is not interested to waste your time with you.

We are two seperate people so if you have a problem with him.....you are going to deal with me.

in response to overatedvols:

if i just call you sob for short?

Here is something that is not readable:

evbl wpw, npsifs evdlfq

Beast writes:

in response to overatedvols:

I'm right here in Southaven--I USE memphis every day--just like in basketball--bring all your national championship banners to shelby and getwell and learn about survival rates.

Irwin_Linker writes:

I have watched both Memphis games and there is only one word to describe it. SlOPPY. They are no where near as good this year, and will be lucky to make it past the sweet sixteen. Look for a close game with UTC tommorow I'm calling Memphis by 12. There is no way they will beat us in TBA this year.

xvolx writes:

williams most improved player on team. whats with hopson cant get ready to play. pearl needs to light a fire in his shorts.

in response to brownsvillevol:

Looking at the archives of this website, it seems like you formed some sort of silience alliance with that troll.

Let me tell you that I will question your loyalty towards this program as a fan would never associate himself with a tigger fan.

It also looks like you decided to be his "protector". So are you a fair-weathered fan?

Don't worry about my cousin Rob, you better worry about me!!!!

I don't take kind to potential Benedict Arnolds and leakers like you.

ATTENTION,

brownsvillevol is a dangerous leak to volnation and must be seriously dealt with without any cost. Why in the world would he protect a troll scum like overated?

overatedvols writes:

Whew, all the hostilities. I thought I could come over here and give my objective unbiased opinions and get some love from my friends across the state and what do I get..abused..heartache. I'm almost offended.
In response to irvin_linker, yes you are correct. Tigers are rather sloppy at this time. They've got alot of young players right now and a lot of learning to do. Quite different from the last couple of years. Hopefully they can learn to play better together fairly soon. In the meantime, I would not be surprised if they do not win this tournament they are in starting today. Just have to see, but it's their first road game, in puerto rico with a bunch of rookies..worries me.
Looks like i'll have to leave with all the hostilities and this new trollhunter guy. Now, I could take Robvols but his cousin trollhunter..that guy is just too tough.

Irwin_Linker writes:

in response to overatedvols:

The people barraging you with abuse embarrass us all. (Not real Volunteers,but hillbillies who like to pretend that they attended this University) As a Memphian and Volunteer alum I have nothing but the utmost respect for the Tigers. In fact I pull for them in every game that they are not playing against UT. As a fan of both teams I can unbiasedly say that at this point in the season UT looks like the stronger team. Not to say that I do not expect the Tigers to be exponentially better in a month or so, but we are young too. Most of my UofM friends tend to agree with me. I think the weak conference schedual might do them in come tournament time, also I wouldn't be surprised if UAB will get a W on their home court this year. They always play the Tigers close.

overatedvols writes:

Irwin i'll agree with everything you said. Tigers are not ready for any tough teams right now. Vols definitely the better and more experienced team at this point. Hopefully that will change by Jan. 24 and yes UAB will definitely be giving us a run for the money this year.

in response to overatedvols:

Then get the h-e double hockey sticks of this site, and don't come back here...period!!!!!

in response to brownsvillevol:

HOW DARE YOU INSULT MY COUSIN LIKE THIS!!!! WE ARE TWO DIFFERENT INDIVIDUALS!!! I DON'T THINK HE IS GOING TO LIKE THIS WHEN HE COMES BY THIS SITE.

I THINK YOU ARE THE ONE WHO NEEDS THE HELP!!!!

in response to brownsvillevol:

YOU ARE AN INSULT, YOU ENCOURAGE TROLLS ON THIS SITE!!! WHAT A SHAME!!!

THIS SITE IS ABOUT UT SPORTS FOR UT FANS, IF YOU WANTED TO GO AHEAD AND DEAL WITH OTHERS WITH DIFFERENT TEAMS, THEN YOU NEED TO GO TO A GENERAL SPORTS FORUM.

DON'T YOU EVER, EVER INSULT MY COUSIN ROB LIKE THAT EVER AGAIN BECAUSE I'M ALREADY HAVING A PROBLEM WITH YOU ALREADY.

GOODNESS, WHEN DID YOU BUY IN IN BELIEVING AN IGNORANT MORON LIKE THIS OVERATED GUY? I GUESS WHEN YOU DECIDED TO PLAY BOTH SIDES OF THE FIELD.

THE_VOL writes:

Beast writes:

in response to Irwin_Linker:

I don't know WHERE you came from, but listen up. I am a Tennessee fan--I did attend UT--I also am(was) a memphian(luckily could afford to move to Southaven)--I also Respect the Tigers--big time Tommy West supporter--DO NOT like calipari(but absolutely respect what he can do) BUT! sick of their whiny as! fans and YOU 2. They will be in the tourney and if they are the best, they will be the champions. It has NOTHING to do with their schedule. Grow a brain along with a new allegiance...

Irwin_Linker writes:

in response to Beast:

You must live a sad life my friend

Irwin_Linker writes:

Also, I never once said they would not make the tournament. I was stating that spending the last two months of the season playing weak mid major teams is not the best way to prepare for March. Overated understood the point I was making. Why all of the anger Beast? My post must have really irritated you. The other thing. You can now afford to live in Southaven. WHERE are you from, Berclair?

Beast writes:

in response to Irwin_Linker:

It goes back to all the "we don't get any respect" garbage from tiger fans(you know you've heard it). U and overrated(perfect match)--PS-more NEW HOODS in the Haven with $300G+ homes than anywhwere else in the mid-south. Hitch hike on down here and check us out! If you need a ride, I will pick you up. Meet me in ORANGE MOUND where all the big boys come from..