TommyJack writes:

in response to Munsterlander:

Good grief, people - now we're criticizing the athletic department because of Adams' misleading article? Again, IT WASN'T $50 FOR THE SCRIMMAGE - IT WAS $50 FOR THE CLINIC. This whiny, stupid article should be deleted!

Soooo, Munster. Are you saying one could refuse to pay the $50, miss the clinic, then be allowed into the scrimmage?

sjackson#227599 writes:

Does the UT athletic department really have 37 asst AD's? If they do, what in the world are their job responsibilities? That seems like a lot of wasted money.

TommyJack writes:

in response to steviejanowski:

No, I'm fine. Perhaps if you would read the posts instead of trying to be glib, you would see that I ASKED a question. Did the $50 include the scrimmage, or was it just for the clinic. What's confusing about the question. Adams plainly said "paid scrimmage". Get off your high horse, man.

John_10065 writes:

I think Adams is frustrated over having to fill out an expense report. I think he got his butt ripped when he turned it in.

I know if I spent $72 on two meals on a business trip just for myself, my boss would be questioning my judgement.

UTByrd writes:

I think I see the problem. KNS doesn't pay their sports writer enough money to be able to pay $50.00 out of their own pockets in order to watch (and report) about the scrimmage. Therefore, they can't attract better writers bacause of their lack of money.
Go VOLS!!!!!

Mule_Days_King writes:

in response to FARRAGUT0406:

Right there with ya on Phil. GO LEFTY!!!

TitanandVolfan4life writes:

PAY ATTENTION....

For only $50., which IS a tax deduction, KNS could have sent 1 writer to attend BOTH the coaching clinic and the scrimmage afterwards.

How might this have worked out ?

KNS could have then written 1 article on the scrimmage.

Then a 2nd article on what HOF coach Vince Dooley spoke about.

Then a 3rd article on what the Titans O coord spoke about.

Then a 4th article on what the Titans D coord spoke about.

Then a 5th article on what CDD spoke about.

Lets add that up....5 different articles that would have cost only $50. to get the info on or a average of only $10. a article which is DIRT CHEAP but is also a tax deduction for KNS.

This is UNdeniable PROOF that KNS does NOT care about getting good info for good articles for Vols fans that buy and read their paper.

It's also UNdeniable PROOF that the KNS sports reporters simply do NOT like Tennessee football and WILL take every opportunity to bash and belittle our Vols football program.

Every Tennessee fan should cancel their subscription to a pathetic paper like this and run KNS clean OUT of business.

GO BIG ORANGE !!!

spvol writes:

Those who can, do; those who can't, teach; those who can't teach, become editors.

gaj619 writes:

in response to steviejanowski:

I agree with you pl3. Does not seem to be the TJ of the past. The only thing I can think of that would account for the change is he was and is a KNS writer(Hooker?) who has his shorts in a wad about the new policy. It's bizarre.

TommyJack writes:

in response to steviejanowski:

You may be more comfortable over on VQ with the rest of the teenagers. But your concern for my welfare is much appreciated.

agentorange writes:

Cover the f%*^ing game, Adams. Never heard some much whining and see so many veiled threats in KNS stories b/c the media policy changed. Guess what? Hamilton rather have UT do all its own coverage so they reap the benefit$. So evolve or die...just quit the whining.

orangecountyvols writes:

in response to NoSirRee:

I go to UT games too and even buy them on PPV so don't play that card its worn out. Knowledge gained through watching this team the last few years along with a new coach doesn't equal 8 wins. Which 8 games do you have us winning or have you not thought it out that deeply yet?

So you say you go to the Tennessee games??
Heaven help fans sitting beside.........or around you.

Also, what if in your expert opinion the Vols lose most, heck even all.......of their games. So????

So what are you trying to say?

Seems to me a troll wearing a stolen orange shirt.

ellerbee123 writes:

It is really upsetting to see such a negative article about our football program. Let's give the new coach a chance. Let's give the new quarterback a chance. Let's give the season a chance. Everybody was sooo excited with our past coach, we are not embracing the new one. If the KNS doesn't want to be part of our football program then they should just stay the you know what away from it.

I wish our team nothing but the best in what has been a few hard years for them.

murrayvol writes:

in response to pdhuff#552644:

12 years of no SEC rings.

We have been atilt for a long time.

Amazing the support that still exists for our beloved Orange.

And on we go.

Better days are comin' pd. Can't say fer sure when but they're comin'.

murrayvol writes:

in response to steviejanowski:

If we can amuse you, then our day is complete.

HallowedHill writes:

And since we have to settle with this level of 'journalism,' things are unfair all the way around for fans.

Go Vols!

budd#207344 writes:

in response to tnsportsman:

Adam, I have paid for my 6 season tickets at $2,555. I have made my donation of $6,000 this year, the same as the last 10 years even though times are really hard!

What you fail to understand is that REAL UT Fans will endure year in and year out with THE ORANGE! You should have paid the 50 bucks because you get to cover a TOP NOTCH SEC Program in Tennessee. I know this may seem crazy given the hard times UT went through over the last 2 years. But make no mistake, the Tennessee Volunteers will be back real soon at 8 wins or more in 2010! You AS ALL OF US have to pay their DUES during good times and/or bad times!

Either you are with us or against us! The 'sky is falling' so called fans or the Knoxville Media that abandons The Big Orange now doesn't deserve ANY respect or access in the future when Tennessee is BACK!

CDD is building for the FUTURE instead of the present! Get on board or GET OUT!

GO VOLS!

The media should NEVER be fans of a team. They need to write what they see and hear not what somebody wants to hear. That is how they run the atlanta urinal & constipation here and it always turns out the same way. georiga will win the NC this year. When they don't everyone cannot understand why. Because they were lied to by the sports writers. We are fans, they are reporters. May the two never meet in Knoxville

worldwideturd writes:

in response to SECFB:

Magnolias are white - a color that symbolizes purity. You left out Danny Ford, Jackie Sherrill, Pat Dye, and Richard Williamson. These lilly-white "blooms" off of the drunk's tree also led their teams into the NCAA Penalty Box. Bama fans - unlike a pack of maggots - can still live off of a 30 year old dead bear.

rpratt3 writes:

Football on Rocky Top is more than a football game. Yes we want to win every game. But what about tailgating with friends and family! What about sitting with friends and family at the games and cheering when they do good and not booing when the team doesn't do good. When it is hot or cold or raining, the fans are still there. When the band warms up the stadium before the game and fans go nuts when the Big Orange runs throw the T. It's a year round thing and a passion for all of these things and more. I don't see the real fans running off any time soon. GBO

PepperGrinder (Inactive) writes:

Well it seems Mr. Adams isnt doing his job. You cover UT football yet you wouldnt pay 50 dollars to get a glimpse at the scrimmage and give us a good story.

Keep up the good work, D-Bag.

CroKev writes:

Is it true that Adams, Nosirree and DC are all the same person?

wayoutwill writes:

in response to tnsportsman:

CDD is building for the FUTURE instead of the present! Get on board or GET OUT!

GO VOLS!

Dam strait baby,And for you ship jumping rats that didn't stick it out with me and about fifty of my compadres in the Fulmer gets fired fiasco that the 'Bama game led to;you can iss my grits too,which if it led to Fatso Phil getting fired,I guess it was worth it,but to leave our boys out there looking up at those bammer idiots,well,it made me wanna go puke and die!

KingsportsGoat (Inactive) writes:

Good stuff Adams. Some just can't handle the truth

hueypilot writes:

It'll be interesting to see if Adams tone changes after being a "coach" in the OW game. Any bets on that?

To the poster with the Keith Jackson rant, he used to make me sick with that good ole Georgia boy accent when he became a shill for the Big Ten and the Pac Ten. That was during that "grandaddy" of all the bowls BS when also ran schools could get top billing and not have to play against the best teams in the country. I think we've seen how the best in the Big Ten stacks up in recent years.

And whoever wrote that Danny Wurffel was at fault was exactly right. Regional bias took the day. Looks like Peyton came out of it okay as he will surely be the highest paid player in NFL history in short order, and has more MVP's than any player in history.

Lizardgrad89 writes:

I can see the clinic being worth $50 for HS coaches, as it would help them improve as coaches.

As for the media, why should they pay? They aren't there to participate, only to observe, and report what they see.

I wouldn't have paid either.

orangecountyvols writes:

And Adams is actually participating in the O & W game as a 'guest celebrity?' He is a celebrity??

Seriously, it may be okay, and maybe we might be over reacting. Still, Hyams and Adams profess to be unbiased and 'do not pull for a particular team'....
so they say. Based on that philosphy, it could be construed by some to be a conflict of interest.

At the least, it does appear a little awkward, especially since Adams is to be on one side of the field, and it'll be interesting to note the tone of his post game editorial.

Anyway, what's the look of Neyland Stadium these days?
Is construction moving along? I have been to spring games when Majors was there, and even went to the Georgia "G" game 2 years ago. Tennessee does something Georgia didn't do, and allows the fans to go to the field for photos and autographs etc.

For those who do go to the game Saturday, have a good time !