rockytopatl writes:

Perhaps after tonight the Kool-Aid drinkers who talked about a 9 win season and upsets over top five teams finally understand where we are.

And it ain't pretty.

What happened tonight is so typical of teams with 15 or 20 good players, but no depth behind them. You play well for a half but get smoked in the second. Think about Vandy and Kentucky. How many times have they played us tough as nails for a half only to wilt and be blown out after intermission? It's the very same problem --they have a decent first team but no depth behind them.

The bright spots are that we appeared to be well coached and motivated. A lot of people think we quit, but I don't buy that. When you suddenly realize you aren't going to win, you tend to lose some motivation and it is a lot easier to realize you are gassed. Is that quitting?

Florida isn't as good as advertised, but please lay off the Kool-Aid. We still face that same depth problem and it's not going to go away until these freshmen backups start to figure out the speed of the game.

We've yet to get the injury report. I don't look forward to that.

volpreacher writes:

in response to SEC1:

Ha get ready for the gators? vols have not been ready for the gators in the last" 5 " yrs!! good luck with that

The Gators sweated one out over the Vols last year and Tebow is gone this year. Don't know if you watched your beloved GAtors this year but they look worse than UT

DiegoVol writes:

What bothers me more than anything was watching UT turn stupid. 2 Touchdowns because we forgot how to tackle. 1 touchdown cause Simms gets pressure and puts way to much air under the ball. After the Int TD we lost all confidence and they ran us over...
Also, before the Half was over we had a bunch of tired guys. We just didn't have the depth to play smash mouth D. Our D dominated Oregon in the first Quarter on the front. I could slowly see our D losing its speed before the half was over and knew we were gonna be in trouble.
Oh well! Cant win them all.

abnerPeabody writes:

If I were a man that used cuss words, I would tell you what I really think about Fulmer,but I won't.Only I will say he is a no good loafer that ran a good program into the ground and left us with very little talent.For years he was my man and I was very proud of him and I thank him for those good years.He is gone now and I am proud he is. I predicted the Ducks in a cake walk because of the lack of quality players,lack of experience,new coaches and never havening been able to stop an option or spread offense.Pl3 and Boliverbob gave me a hard time going so far as to say I don't know Quack,Wilcox ain't Chief nor Monte.They were right.Wilcox ain't Chief nor Monte.Chief and Monte actually kept the games closer.The Vols Depth and experience ,or lack of such,will keep this team home for the holidays.I thought 6-6 would be attainable,but that dosen't look possible after watching games today.These Coaches need time to over come the last two administrations before they will be able to compete with the biggies.People,think with your head,not your heart.Be a Vol fan just as I am but be real.Tennessee has a lot of ground to make up before they will go bowling again.GIVE DOOLEY TIME.

BigOrangeinCharge writes:

The first half was good, but the lack of depth and lack of a good QB really killed the Vols in the second half. The defense and OL just got wore out and the one dimensional offense couldn't hang with a top 7 team's defense.

Before we all go patting this team on the back for "hanging with a top 7 team for a half," let's remember that's what Vandy and Kentucky fans do just about every other week. I'm not saying we should pile on in the middle of a rebuilding season, but let's still have some standards!

What I saw tonight makes me think we can be a middle of the pack team in the conference with 4-7 wins. At least I'm not afraid we'll go winless in the SEC anymore. Before the season I was seriously only expecting 2-3 wins with all the players we'd lost.

It's way too early to use this as a measuring stick for Dooley.

luvmygn writes:

ugh

BeatTheHeels writes:

63???????

ClarksvilleVols42 writes:

in response to flafan2001:

Open Letter From SEC Commissioner Mike Slive- I highly encourage you to withdraw from the SEC and join the WAC for the next 5 years and apply for reinstatement. You will be more competitive with teams like New Mexico State and La Tech. You only have to catch up to Boise State and Hawaii. Option 2 is to buy out the remaining teams the rest of the season.

kinda funny when your screen name resembles the year we smacked you right in the mouth.."Stephens breaks Gus Scotts tackle"..ring any bells troll??

ryanbard writes:

Really classy of your administrators to not allow my dozen or so comments this last week to go unposted. Then, after taking the time, everything I had to say wasn't posted. Nothing derogatory or unsportsmanlike, just good old-fashioned sports talk. It would have been nice if my comments had been posted, along with my 45-17 prediction... along with a few jabs back at certain Vol fans named Richie Rich and Mdvol (the official troll of Oregonlive)... alas, somebody didn't want me to be heard. So now that I have the forum- Mdvol and Richie Rich- there went the hurt, your players deserve it a lot less than you two... along with a few of your cohorts. Your talk was full of bloated enthusiasm and unrealistic expectations and the result on the field was pretty decisive. Way to go Vols for playing hard in the first half- your team has a lot of heart. In the end, speed and experience made the difference. To the guys with all your mud slinging before the game- talk history all you want, but Oregon is a team of the now and a team of the future.... where would you rather be? Good luck with your rebuilding.

NewSchoolDuck writes:

To Vol fans who refrained from trolling Duck pages:

Good game. Your team played tough in the first half. You have a new coach and a young team. You'll get better as the season progresses. I think you have a good chance to beat Florida given their shaky performances so far.

To mdvol, a troll who spent the last week on Duck sites: You little coward. You troll all week and then disappear after a loss? Weak. I'm going to keep calling you out until you return to www.oregonlive.com/sports and take your lumps. We're waiting.

To Duck fans gloating on this site: C'mon act like we've won before.

utband00#235574 writes:

Boy...I'm so glad we're not winning 7-10 games a year. That was SO boring. Good thing we made changes. We'll be right back at 7-10 wins in 3-4 years! I'll feel better then.

OrangePsyched writes:

What I learned tonight...Simms is a game manager not a game changer. Our lack of depth showed. I am still very happy with CDD and staff. I'm still optimistic about the season. I still think that 8 wins are possible. If there are any duck fans out there...you convinced me. You have a very good team and with your schedule, should go undefeated..congratulations. Let's get ready for next week. ROCKY TOP!

utband00#235574 writes:

why are oregon comments getting through but not mine?

GEORGIA_BOY writes:

in response to listentothemusic:

Craig James makes me sick. He is all in the Ducks jock strap. I muted most of the game.

nakamine writes:

It's all due to talent, and we must live with it.

rudy123 writes:

in response to grvol:

To answer your question, we have Worley on the way and we have Bray on campus. Next year, Simms will most likely start again. Worley will red-shirt next season. Then in 2012, Bray and Worley will compete for the starting job. If Bray wins it, he will start his junior and senior year. If Worley wins the job, then Bray will sit the bench his Freshman and Sophomore year behind Simms and will sit the bench his junior and senior years behind Worley.

nakamine writes:

in response to Nivram:

He played a high school team last week,lmao

renegade37918 writes:

until tennessee get a qb that can run if needed this will keep happening. they killed us all night with that hand on qb keeper and we will never be able to do that.

DuckingtheTrend writes:

To all the other VOLS fans that have run for dem there HILLS. SCOREBOARD BABY, I'll return on Monday to collect those apologies I ask for Wednesday. I told ya'all we were coming into Neyland, to steal what was left of your UT Tradition. Love seeing the empty lower bowl headed into the start of the 4th Quarter.

Ducks WON THE DAY, UT's reward a date with the Gators.

SanDestinVol writes:

in response to SEC1:

i like our chances if the offense can get going, because right now FL's best offense is their defense

flafan2001 writes:

in response to ClarksvilleVols42:

Any reports whether Coach Dudley Dooley was giving any hygiene shower classes after the game tonight?

OrangeCounsel writes:

in response to grvol:

Palardy was hurt. No choice.

nakamine writes:

in response to renegade37918:

How will a spread QB solve our problems you dolt?

rockytopatl writes:

in response to ryanbard:

I doubt very seriously that any of your posts were removed. I bet it took you awhile to figure out there's an editing mode and you have to click a second time after "preview comment."

By the way, it wasn't your speed and experience. We see plenty of teams with lots of both. It was our lack of depth.

Meanwhile, we hope you smoke USC in a big way. And please batter UCLA as well. We don't like them either. Good luck!

nakamine writes:

in response to NegativeBillSportsAnimal:

With that caps-locks, dribble, I doubt anyone read it...keep trying to make a point I guess.

ClarksvilleVols42 writes:

in response to DuckingtheTrend:

Ducks WON THE DAY, UT's reward a date with the Gators.

Bye.. have a nice flight if you actually showed up

WinkeyVol writes:

How in the world can TV watching people question the loyalty and integrity of the fans because some left in the fourth quarter. There was a weather delay and some fans got soaked.It didn't mean everyone was that disgusted.

utband00#235574 writes:

Look poeple...Fulmer was a UT guy. They way that whole thing that went down was NEARLY the same as the Majors deal. Majors loved UT, was better than the previous coach. Fulmer loved UT, was better than the previous coach. Fans wanted more. You can't do much better than Fulmer did. ANYONE name one school since 1990 that has done ALOT better the we did!

ClarksvilleVols42 writes:

in response to flafan2001:

Now now..dont call him names..afterall it was Vince that kicked your butt for years

everydayisorange writes:

in response to NegativeBillSportsAnimal:

You sir are not a vol fan. I have been a fan for 56 years, and I cannot believe the fair weather what have you done for me lately socalled FANS. THIS TEAM IS YOUNG. It will be a tough season, but as always I will cheer them on!

ClarksvilleVols42 writes:

in response to everydayisorange:

Ahh..real fans do exist..I for one am on this ride with ya

Tgordon writes:

in response to grvol:

I'm not sure I do know Marvin played a couple years for the Jets way back when. Of course they had like 4 win seasons then so you may be right.

CUSA_NEWS writes:

I TRULY ENJOYED THE GAME!

quack quack

rockytopjc22#1360044 writes:

in response to grvol:

If your talking about kickoff the other guy pulled his groin! If your gonna give up on Dooley that quick BYE we don't need u anyway. See u again when the weather is better!

nakamine writes:

I never said anything about level headedness either....LMFAO

ClarksvilleVols42 writes:

in response to VolnotHAMILTONfan:

Hmm..I think we were pretty good in 85,86,87,89,90,and 91 as well..oh you must have not been born yet

holleyab writes:

in response to SEC1:

This is the worst gator team in at least five years... maybe more.

Tgordon writes:

The only thing worse than being drummed by a Duck would be beaten by a Beaver. If this should ever happen in the future I just hope it's at the hands of Oregon St. and not Karns High School ;)

everydayisorange writes:

in response to NegativeBillSportsAnimal:

I don"t drink anything. I have seen bad teams but still cheered for them. I doubt that most including you remember the early years of Payton Mannings? He was not very good but he did improve. JK. This team is young and most of the coaches are young. Please just give them a chance and cheer loudly for them. I promise the coaches and teams will get better!

BillJanis writes:

Thanks Vols players for your great work and discipline. Yes, it SUCKS we lost. And thank you Coach Dooley.

Vols fans, don't be too sad. A team like Oregon has been working on their program a while. We have had 3 coaches over 3 years. They have a high school stadium half the size of ours. Of COURSE they would beat us today. We learn from it, use it, and get BETTER!

Onward, and UPWARD! We knew this would take a couple of years. No pain, no gain!

And I'm a very big fan of Coach Dooley! A huge amount of discipline was clearly present! 1 penalty in the 1st half. Yes, it SUCKS, but we move onward.

Now we can root for Oregon to humiliate USC on 10/30. Go ducks.

Tgordon writes:

in response to holleyab:

This is the worst gator team in at least five years... maybe more.

But are we the best Vol's in at least 5 years?

ClarksvilleVols42 writes:

in response to Pablopeepants:

Thats funny right there...I dont care who you are..you might wanna get checked at the clinic after polling mother though..I ended up with a rash..dang!!

everydayisorange writes:

volscantball where are you? I left you and SEC1 an offer on the third quarter thread. I even sent you an email. Whats a matter u? CHICKEN?

GoDucks16 writes:

Okay well first off i just want to say thamk you to Tennessee for playing a good first half against Oregon. I know the final score wasnt in your favor but Tenn is in rebuilding mode. I'll give them all the credit for hanging in there Maybe in the future Tennessee can come taste the Autzen experience. But "mdvol" please stay off the duck chat boards if you have nothing good to say.. You embarrassed not only yourself but many tennessee fans too. Good luck on the rest of the season! Go Ducks!

Bogus writes:

in response to grvol:

Wow. That really hurt my wittle feewings. Then again, I wouldn't expect anything less from a bigoted little girl.

NeylandWest writes:

in response to grvol:

Lost all confidence in you after reading that post. Your future is not very bright.

rudy123 writes:

in response to everydayisorange:

We tried to get Butch Davis, he wasn't interested. We tried to get Bill Cowher, he wasn't interested. We tried to get Kelly, who was coaching Cincinnati, but he wasn't interested. We tried to get Utah's coach, but he wasn't interested. We tried to get Air Force's coach, but he wasn't interested. We tried to get Texas's assistant coach, but he wasn't interested. We tried to hire Gruden, but he wasn't interested. Kippy Brown wanted the job, but we didn't want him, even Memphis didn't want him. We flirted with Spurrier and he wasn't interested. WHO DO YOU SUGGEST WE HIRE????
Very few coach's want to coach in the S.E.C. East against Florida and Georgia each year and then against LSU and Bama in the S.E.C. championship game. They are intimidated and won't come. We got the best we could get.

Slystone writes:

Less Simms throwing the ball and more Poole running it.

GoDucks16 writes:

@BillJanis.. You can think Autzen stadium is a "high school stadium" But our 60,000 fans are louder then your 103,000 fans and everyone in the country knows that. Loudest stadium per capita in the nation. Go to autzen stadium.com if you want to see what teams and opposing coaches have said about Autzen.

nakamine writes:

in response to Slystone:

Less Simms throwing the ball and more Poole running it.

this is the infants answer, yes...