usnavyvolfaninva_still_getting_paid writes:

in response to allenf1#223463:

Rich_Is_Re-born writes:

in response to steviejanowski:

vols1990 writes:

say what you want. it was an unfortunate loss, but the players arent pros and theyre kids with so much expected of them. no one feels worse than they do so let up, everyone of them cares they wouldnt give up their entire lives basically unless they wanted to go out and compete and win every game they play.

allenf1#223463 writes:

in response to GerryOP:

Really? One of the worst losses in UT history? How much basketVol history have you seen?

Don't want to break your heart lil' fellar, but I'm sure you won't be missed in Charlotte Friday night.

GerryOp, meant to say one of the worst in the Pearl era. I lived through the Ernie & Bernie glory years as well as the Houston debacle years. To answer your questions, I've spent time and money on UT sports for over 50 years, and it's a pattern that happens year after year. Win one or two big games, get national attention, then lay an egg. So, though I'm no lil' fellar, enjoy Friday night. It'll cost me less to sit at home and watch and if we don't learn from mistakes at least the hour and a half drive back to Winston-Salem won't be miserable. Enjoy Friday and cheer extra loud, from what I saw tonight the team needs some crowd energy to feed off of. If you go Friday, enjoy yourself and bring us home a road victory. We need one after tonights utter failure.

Rich_Is_Re-born writes:

in response to bankofdad3:

You never have ANYTHING good to say in regard to others posts. Then you post this stupid trash. Get lost punk.

usnavyvolfaninva_still_getting_paid writes:

in response to shen24:

yes, but sadly, nothing new to decorate the Tuscaloosa Wal-Mart with this year.

james#216392 writes:

in response to 92volalum:

I agree with all the posters TN was up double digits and oakland goes on a run and Steve P and most of the second team stays in the game except for Scotty H and he is a baby walking around the court with his shoulders and head hanging low.. WTF

BP is a great coach but he look lost tonight... to much time talking about the pitt game?? you just don't lose this game if you are a top 10 coach and team...IMO (so everyone slam me now)

sorry I'm pissed because every time this team gets a lot of media play they fall flat on their face and that my friend is the coaches fault.... WTF were they thinking.. its oakland people oakland................

Again, I wonder about coaches who let these big runs go without taking a time out (11-2 run and 13-0 run) and then take two time outs home with them. Makes no sense. You are up 13 and they hit a 11-2 run. Take the time out, get focused. When I coached, I never took timeouts home. They don't carry over to the next game.

mytrifecta writes:

just when you think Hopson has arrived he pulls another no-show. How do you score 27 against one of the best teams in the country and 2 against a team like Oakland? We may be investigated for shaving points. I can't see another explanation.

SEC1 writes:

in response to unleashedslimsmokey:

Hey, he is only stating the truth the vols are 0-9 combined vs the gators and tide in the past 6 yrs so if you would take off your orange sunshades and put down your sweet class of orange juice you could see who's ya daddy

BubbaJ writes:

Not that suprised about this. Classic case of playing down to your opponent, guessing MSU did the same thing. Not saying Oakland is a bad team though. Historically, upsets in NCAA hoops are not uncommon in December, but I must say, not as much on ones home court. What is sad is the Vols had a big lead and could not protect it.

Hopefully a lesson learned. With Charlotte, USC, Belmont, and College of Charleston on the horizon, it had better be.

LEXKYVOLS writes:

We suck! Fire Bruce! Scotty is horrible! We should not even have a basketball team - oh wait, we don't.

Whew, feels good to get that out of my system. :)

Rich_Is_Re-born writes:

in response to mytrifecta:

That's the 1st thing I thought. But I can't understand why nobody else stepped up. Hopson didn't lose this game, the team did.

utjunkie writes:

It's just one game and not even a conference game, so we should move on and learn from it. Better it happen now than in March when it counts. This should wake them up to the lesser known teams.

TopTenn writes:

in response to steviejanowski:

It is a long basketball season. This game will be forgotten by these posters in March.

RollAFatty writes:

Hopefully the activation of Maymon and the return of Bone will bring an end to the S. Pearl-McBee rotation. Maybe just use S. Pearl, McBee and Tyler Summitt for the "Free chicken dinner" scoring.

Rich_Is_Re-born writes:

in response to steviejanowski:

You know, Scotty HAS lead this team. He had a down game. Steven Pearl isnt a legit D-1 player, Hall is. If Hall would have been given Pearls minutes up until this point, Hall would have been a beast. If you wanna blast Hall, look at your head coach. He played his son above a LEGIT D-1 PF.

lomas98 writes:

in response to getsimmsout:

Do you just get on here to make negative comments only after losses. You have made more nonsense comments just on this article than you did combined after wins over Nova and Pitt. Just like a lot of bandwagon fans. Now the sky is falling after one loss. How can people say the bad things about Hopson and being inconsistent. This was his first really bad game all year. Get a life people. They will not win every game and here is a newsflash, they will lose again. Saying people suk is not right. These kids have a lot on their mind everyday being a college student and are not getting paid to play basketball. Oakland was a hungry team and finally got the win they have been so close to all year. Move on and beat Charlotte.

rdrgtr writes:

in response to LEXKYVOLS:

Whew, feels good to get that out of my system. :)

I hate to break it to you, but you will never be able to get stupidity out of your system.

LEXKYVOLS writes:

in response to rdrgtr:

Can you say - SARCASM? Just trying to fit in tonight!

Rich_Is_Re-born writes:

in response to rdrgtr:

You need to turn your sarcasm meter up. I'm pretty sure he was playing.

MOOREVOLS writes:

in response to GerryOP:

Glad to see all the loyal Vol fans around here. You guys must get really exhausted jumping on and off the Vol bandwagon.

Being upset about losing to a no name team does not mean we're off the bandwagon. It just means we care. This was a pathetic loss. No excuses. After beating Villanova and Pitt there was no reason to lose to a 5-5 team. Especially a mid level team that no one has ever heard of and no one even knows where they came from.

RaineyVol writes:

It's called pearl... I would love to see the Kid hang on to the ball and not throw a dumb stupid pass! kid is awful!

wildcatbasketball writes:

in response to Rich_Is_Re-born:

The_Rich_Rollin----I agree with your post!!! We went through the same thing at Kentucky when Sutton played his boy Sean, and then again the next decade with Tubby and his son Sean.....The bench players had much more talent but these kids played. I guess it is part of it. This is my only knock against CBP...Steven hustles but let's all be honest, he is not SEC D-1 talent!!

Rich_Is_Re-born writes:

in response to BolivarBob:

Then don't get on here. Look at Kenny Halls offer list, look at Pearl's. Why bust your azz when the coaches boy will get the reward. You and some others need to wake up.

MOOREVOLS writes:

in response to steviejanowski:

4 of Oakland's losses were by double digits and 3 were blowouts. This was a horrible loss, similar to losing to Memphis, North Texas or Vandy in football, no doubt. Especially after beating 'Nova and Pitt.

rdrgtr writes:

in response to RollAFatty:

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!!!!

Noiseboy writes:

Message to "Mr. Kentucky BB" Hopson: games like this is why you're in Knoxville. Get a grip dude or Dyron Nix is gonna come take his haircut back. No more excuses. BALL IN BASKET or get outa the way

volnut64 writes:

Until Scotty learns to play EVERY game, we are just going to have to deal with losses like this! I think Tobias will be an EVERY game player soon and we will be able to depend on him week in and week out. Scotty was supposed to be a one and done kind of player, but the only one and done I see in him is one good game and DONE for a couple of weeks! Tobias is our future and I wish it would arrive SOON!

lomas98 writes:

in response to MOOREVOLS:

Would losing to Pitt and Nova and instead beating Oakland make you feel better. There are really not anymore no name teams in college basketball and teams can get beat on any given night. When the other team has an NBA caliber big man and some other good fortune on some bounces it can be a loss. Don't just look at records, but how the other team competed against their schedule. These mid level teams you speak of beat someone they shouldn't every week in college basketball. Be upset all you want but be realistic sometimes.

Rich_Is_Re-born writes:

in response to steviejanowski:

Hall was hurt for a while. He will be STRONG. He should have redshirted last yr, but Tatum, airball FT Williams, and crew were ridin around thuggin. Look no further than the coaching staff for Hall's lack of development. Pearl's minutes go beyond the game, he gets those minutes in practice. Give them to Hall, or watch him transfer.

allenf1#223463 writes:

in response to usnavyvolfaninva_still_getting_paid:

VolfaninVa, considering my account was hacked and I did not make any post about tonights disappointing loss, I'm more disappointed that one vol fan would stoop low enough to cause another vol fan names such as "pathetic loser" and "jackwagon". I've cheered the vols through thick and thin for over 50 years and been a season ticket holder for over 30 years. Think twice before writing slamming responses. Go Vols!

allenf1#223463 writes:

in response to bankofdad3:

bankofdad3,my account was hacked and I did not make any post about tonights disappointing loss, I've cheered the vols through thick and thin for over 50 years and been a season ticket holder for over 30 years. Think twice before writing slamming responses. Go Vols!

juce writes:

bottom line: Steven Pearl and Skylar McBee can not be in the game at the same time, period.

MOOREVOLS writes:

in response to steviejanowski:

No problem Pl3. I could tell you needed help. I'm always glad to help you realize there is a huge difference in 'Nova / Pitt and Oakland. Just like the difference in football between 'bama / Fla and Memphis.

allenf1#223463 writes:

in response to bankofdad3:

It's all good. GBO!

eduardo writes:

Cant believe we just lost to the crumy RAAAiders!!!

schymtz writes:

in response to Plasticman:

Excellent post. Thanks for making the read worthwhile. Oakland was overdue and Tennesse looked tired. We,ll be fine." Just true.

vol75 writes:

Yes it was a pathetic effort. But we just beat Villanova and Pitt on the road. My prediction is the sun will come up tomorrow. Time for bed....

TheFuj writes:

in response to unleashedslimsmokey:

Agree. The subtituitions took away from the momentum in the 2nd half. I think the bench had more fouls than points. Pearl stunk. McBee still cannot shoot consistently. His 2nd half wide open three miss, and then they hit a wide open three was a big momentum shift. Williams is still a free throw liability at the end of games.

mocsandvolsfan writes:

Too tired to comment...GBO, next time.

dbc5361 writes:

Can't wait til Vandy double dips these NON-academic athletes again.

UTVOLSRROCKN writes:

I should have known this article would be full of trolls and "the world is coming to an end" Vol fans. Oakland is a very good team with a GREAT player!

Harris had a great game, along with Tatum, Goins, and Williams(until the late missed free throws). I feel like if Harris had not gotten into foul trouble, we probably would have won this game. He is as solid of any player that I have seen in a long time, and yes unfortunately, Hopson was a no show.

Keep the faith, the season is early. GBO!

acworthdave writes:

My gosh people...take a big chill pill. I will be shocked if that team (Oakland) is not in the big dance. I sure would not want to see them in the first round. That is a quality team folks and just because they are not a household name does not mean they aren't a good team. I look at this loss as a blessing in disguise. I guarantee you they thought they could come out in the second half and put up 100 points. This should now get their attention that they aren't the next great dynasty they (and many posters here too) thought they were. Scotty wasn't scared, CBP didn't forget how to coach, Dr. Martin didn't cost us the game, SP wasn't to blame. They ran up against a battle-tested team that was not scared of playing the Vols, even after getting behind at half. We played poorly down the stretch and it cost us the game. You learn from it and move on. It's College basketball folks. It ain't the end of the world to lose a game. Here's to you Oakland. Great job and good luck the remainder of the season. I hope we don't see you again!

BTW...I feel sorry for Charlotte Friday if the Vols come out ready to take some revenge. GBO!

Witch_Doctors writes:

in response to volballrocks:

Witch Doctor say its not doom and gloom . Witch Doctor say if you notice these usernames whining aint on here when the Vols win...they are only here to whine when they lose.
Bones never lie.
*Witch Doctor wonder how much this game will be talked about in March.....right...none.

bookman58 writes:

I am a Memphis fan, but think the Vols have an awesome team this year. I watched the Pitt. game and as in past years they can look so good you wonder how anyone could ever beat them. Basketball is so different from football, and there are so many teams out there who can catch you on an off night and beat you. I expected us to loose to Kansas, which we did. I did not expect us to barely win in OT to Arkansas State. I also don't put too much stock in what happens in December, win or loose. Tennessee will be fine because they are fundamentally an excellent team with a great floor coach. Shake this one off and forget about it.

fpcoach writes:

Nobody that knows basketball is surprised by this game. The loss was a team effort just like the wins are. Oakland will be dancing and so will Tennessee. GBO

bookman58 writes:

in response to Navalorange:

I gave that troll phooey up a long time ago. We all love our teams. I found that there is really no purpose in tearing down another team. We all like our teams for many different reasons. I happened to grow up in Memphis and was caught up in the thrill of the 73' championship game. Every Vol fan has their story. I have come to hate trolls. I enjoy a good discussion about sports, but no one is better or worse because of the team they happen to pull for.

jryevols#222657 writes:

Let me tell you what really suks....our at home fan base. You don't see any other power house team's fans just sitting on their dead azzzes with a couple hoots here and there. I understand getting dead if you gettingblown out by 20-30 , but it looked like an x-lax gattering in the center. Yes the play sucked tonight we all could see that , but the loss should be shared with the fans. Playing at Tennessee is no home cour advantage. Am I the only one to see that we play better away....at least someone is cheering , even if it's against us

rebvavolfan1 writes:

in response to RockyToptoNeyland:

dude, it's f@#$%&^ oakland, oakland, oaaaaaakland, who in the hell is oakland? there not even from oakland, ca, so yea, we are going to be a little heated when we just lost our reputation we had going

Dude,it is Oakland, who came within 1 point of beating MS. Also played Purdue and Illinois tuff. They are a very good ball club. The season aint over its just the begining and I still feel pretty good about this team.

VOLKING writes:

in response to james#216392:

Pearl lost this game with about 10-11 minutes to go (13 point lead) and they hit a 11-2 run and Pearl took no timeouts. He didn't get any offense into the game and let them take control. He shouldn't be wondering why they out scored us in the second half. He should be wondering why he is taking two timeouts home when they had two big runs and none were used.

Amen brother. We are still learning how to deal with a lead late in the game. Against Pitt we were up 20 with ten or so minutes to go and win by 7. We were up 11 with 10 to go in this one and could not close the door. This team is still learning how to win down the stretch. Hopson has to show up every game!! Defense and rebounding can never take a game off...ever. Cannot emphasize this enough. Harris is going to be one of the all time UT greats. Glad this game is in Dec. and not March. Guys, learn from this and mature from it and you will be a force to be reckoned with in March. Give Oakland credit, they kept coming and we could not finish. GBO!