UTKin1992 writes:

It's a bit late for the usual crowd of Dooley defenders to post, but they'll be here Monday. Spinning their nonsense of youth, depth and the ignorance of everyone who isn't 100% behind Dooley & Co.

orangecountyvols writes:

Vols,

Really, we weren't expecting to win but there is such a thing as the early tone of the game.
We had a nice opening drive and a pretty good chance to go up 3-0 but the poorly executed 4th down Palardy pass was a disaster.

Next, we held Arky on 3rd down and at worst would be down 3-0, but Couch hit the player out of bounds and instead of being down 3-0, it was 7-0 early. Then, on the punt return, every orange shirt on the field had a shot at the guy, but all were interested in trying to tackle around the guy's shoulders and above.

Bottom line, about as poor tackling as you'll see.

Worst margin of loss in a game since 1981 ( 0-44 with Georgia. )

gwbask writes:

we looked fat, slow and weak. and the scoreboard showed it.

volsreign writes:

in response to pingkr62:

Things could be much worse. We could be Ole Miss.

Ole Miss would beat us by 20 this year.

tuvol4u (Inactive) writes:

in response to beaus27:

I am probably alone here, but I am proud the way UT played tonight.
Our team did not quit.
The teams UT lost to(bad)this season, UF,UGA,LSU,AL,SC and Ark, their respective talent WILL be gone next year.
Bray, Hunter, D. Rodgers and the rest of the team will return next year as upper classmen.
GO VOLS!

Our defense, which was supposed to be the most suspect of the team is actually doing well (save for that horrendous punt return). I AM proud with their heart and play, especially the DL. Good coaching there and it shows. Im just sick of the defense getting us a chance to get back in games and the offense BLOWS it, every gotdam time!

Freshman are playing well and cohesive with other teams in their respective offenses. The offensive coordinator is in over his head at UT and Dooley needs a change.

usnavyvolfan__times_free_press_can_shove_it writes:

Here, I'll even help some of the troll population out....

49-7 (yes, Merlot was right)
worst loss since '81
first 0-6 start in nearly 50 years.

Bad, yes, but so what? it's one season. They WILL get better!

Razor784 writes:

I'm done with 'em this year, just can't bare to watch anymore, this is the worst team i've ever seen at UT, even worse than Fulmer's last team. Dooley has had some bad breaks there's no doubt about that, but there are coaches out there that are doing more with less - James Franklin at Vanderbilt comes to mind, and now Franklin's even getting recruits that we should be getting. I definitely think he should have more than two years, but he's fast becoming a football version of Buzz Peterson, a guy that everybody likes but he just flat out can't win. After Vandy cleans our clock on Saturday night, he might not get more than two years.

CommodoreCapital writes:

BREAKING NEWS!!!!

Arkansas arrested for abusing the 16 underclassmen, that Derek Dooley always makes excuses for.

VU up and coming!!!

GreySmokey writes:

Listening to Dudley on the radio. Looking forward to some D-Day analogy to explain why we can't compete or why we are always so bad against good teams. "We made a lot of mistakes and gave up some big plays." mmm deep Coach. Glad you noticed that. Please don't say we will work like heck, please don't say that. "A terrible night punting the football." Keen observation. "Went with Simms to try and get something going." ummmm and why would you think he could get something going? After a whole season of SEC blows outs, you would think that Dudley would be a pro and eating humble pie. I know we are behind and Dooley inherited a mess, but I feel that good coaches find ways to compete and win, and poor coaches find ways to make excuses for their lack of success. There is an atomosphere of losing at UT right now and I don't think Dudley is up to the challenge.

Vol43 writes:

I don't think Dooley can do it and it's gonna be a long time before UT is back. Years.

GloryDays writes:

It's very frustrating. I think most of us love the Vols and when we get beat like this and are 4-6 it hurts. It hurts because we care. It bothers me this team is not improving, there are no signs of getting better, its hard to believe the future will be any better, when there is nothing postive going on.

underthehill writes:

I can't remember seeing a UT team so lacking in sound football technique in all parts of the game..and I'm old ..I did not expect this kind of effort after seeing Vandy outplay Ark and ended up giving them the game..the missed 6 tackles made the play of the day on ESPN so we did get some TV exposure from this game..I continue to wish the best for Dooley but it ain't looking good..

mytrifecta writes:

Dooley is completely lost and overwhelmed by this job. We need a coach that can motivate his players and he clearly isn't getting anywhere near the best from these players. If James Franklin were coaching this team we'd have at least two more wins.

Southland writes:

this is not the worst team ever I remember well the start of the 1988 season 0-6 but this team without bray and hunter is a real close second. I hate saying this but most of us know it. Vandy will beat UT by a couple of touchdowns and then we will beat UK or at least I am hoping we beat UK The odds makers picked us at the first of season a 6-6 team and now we are struggling to be that. I really hope Dooley is the answer but he sure does not look like it at this point. If next years team does not win nine then here we be again looking for a new coach. Maybe just maybe someone will want the job this next time around but hopefully dd will prove most of us wrong and go on to great things with the vols.It is possible but it sure does not look like it at this moment.

AZ_Vol writes:

in response to MerlOT_GoVols:

Awww, still butthurt, I see.

Here...

You've been served, sir/ma'am.

Harleydls writes:

CDD has worn out his welcome. It's obvious hid not inherit the coaching gene. Let's admit to Hamilton's error and get a coaching search started now while we can still salvage a few recruits.

DwayneElizondoMountainDewHerbertCamacho writes:

in response to pingkr62:

Things could be much worse. We could be Ole Miss.

We aren't that far away.

KFDLaw writes:

Nothing like being the brunt of a bad joke. We are what we have become. Every week our team sets new records for poor performance. We have sunk as low as we have ever been. I have been a UT fan since the early 1950s, and I truly believe this is the worst UT team and coaching staff I have ever seen. They have no pride and no heart.

tuvol4u (Inactive) writes:

in response to CommodoreCapital:

Check my name Sherlock. The new team in Tennessee is making noise. Kimbrow, Jelks, Azuaibake. Franklin turning the corner.

the sad part is, yes you are getting the state commits over UT right now. The bad news for YOU, you still manage to lose to even the worst of UT's teams. So, sure, keep em. lol

lomas98 writes:

in response to pingkr62:

Things could be much worse. We could be Ole Miss.

We are but have much better facilities. Sigh!!!!

AZ_Vol writes:

in response to CommodoreCapital:

BREAKING NEWS!!!!

VU up and coming!!!

A Commodore. Talkin' smack.

Yin. Yang.

Nope. It don't fit.

VOL_FROM_A_FAR writes:

in response to EightLetters:

So you really think Doolittle can beat FL, SC, GA, ALA, NC State will probably win, and where do you get 7-8 wins? Vandy will hand our a.. to us and KY might even win..they have already won the head coach match-up..I'm a VOL but sometimes you have to be realistic..2012 will be 5-7 or 4-8 if we're lucky

CommodoreCapital writes:

in response to tuvol4u:

2 teams moving in different directions.

Keep your chin up Lady Vols tip off soon.

usnavyvolfan__times_free_press_can_shove_it writes:

in response to CommodoreCapital:

BREAKING NEWS!!!!

VU up and coming!!!

Oh, wow, your football team is relevant for the first time since, what, WWII? Big whoop.

volcop writes:

in response to VolfanClinton:

I miss Lane Kiffin more every game !! Dooley is terrible !!

we're still paying Fulmer, so lets oh yea you fired him cause he was 7-5,well you got what you wanted

crmcm44#321757 writes:

Deeepressing. The Vols are unlucky and bad, a deadly combination.

jhayes0926#638474 writes:

Considering Ark. will probably be ranked in top 5 next wk. this was not a surprising beating. I am surprised that our team is still not playing aggressive, giving up before the play is stopped (coleman) and our linebackers are so slow. I really think we have to replace some defensive coaches to improve.

I still see some holes opening up in the running lanes, trouble is that our backs don't seem to have the speed burst needed before the hole closes.

We have some major problems to correct, but Dooley needs another year. Lets see how improved they are next year before sending the moving van.

VolunteerLifer writes:

Dooley cannot be fired. To do so would put this program back another decade, absolutely send it into a shambles it may never recover from. But he must make moves to improve his performance and change his staff. For example, whoever coaches punters should be fired right now.

GloryDays writes:

in response to 10seVol85:

Yes, those things you say are true, but where is the improvement in this team. The second half starts and they get blasted, has Dooley coached up any players? Has he inspired this team to win a game they weren't suppose to? The answer is NO!

bigOutfan writes:

in response to CommodoreCapital:

Any word on that Jelks kid commitment. I heard he was committing tonight. I sure hope we don't lose another one to Vandy.

Vandy got him

oldbasshead writes:

in response to EightLetters:

How do you know next year's schedule will be easier. Is a schedule out? With the expansion, I haven't seen a 2012 schedule.

GetSimmsandTeagueout writes:

Voloyalty writes:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,
...were young without our best playmakers! Shut up and stop crying. I am certain you would have wanted Patrino fired 4 years ago if you were a fan of Arkansas. 14 starting Seniors for Arkansas...14 starting Freshman for Tennessee. Firing Dooley is not the answer!!! And I hate to tell you this, Dave Hart is a smart enough man to know that. Bunch of babbling Babies!!!!

zigvol writes:

U guys are a joke! Next year barring no significant injuries your looking at 9-3 maybe 10-2. We lost the best QB and WR in the sec this year. If that does not happen we are easily 7-3 right now. Just some really bad luck this year keep the faith. We are Tennessee!

CommodoreCapital writes:

in response to usnavyvolfan__times_free_press_can_shove_it:

I appreciate the kind words but I wouldn't consider 5-5 relevant. Maybe that is the new UT mantra, but what I do see is a team that is improving every week and a coach that can get his team fired up.

budd#207344 writes:

in response to 10seVol85:

There is a difference between losing and being humiliated. These players are not being coached up. The O line is an embarrassment and it is impacting the rest of the team performance. They are no longer young. And they are not progressing. There needs to be changes to the assistants and soon

BigVolFaninSC writes:

in response to tennesseebee:

First time ever that I just couldn't watch anymore. It is easy to get down on our team, but they drew a mean bull this season schedule/injury-wise, but there needs to be vast improvement next season. Another mediocre season and the Orange Nation will be calling for Dooley's head. Go Vols!!

How many posts have you read? They're calling for his head NOW!

snakeplissken writes:

This season, UT has been outscored 191-58 in 6 SEC games and have only scored 5 TDs. We've failed to score in the 2nd half of 4 straight SEC games. We're now 0-6 for the FIRST TIME EVER in SEC play. Do you see the improvement in this, Dooley's second year?

GreySmokey writes:

in response to redskinvol1:

Goodnight Dooley.I will most likely fire you in the morning.

My name is Robert Neyland. You killed my program. Prepare to die. (good one Redskin)

jhayes0926#638474 writes:

in response to usnavyvolfan__times_free_press_can_shove_it:

Allow me to undress your brilliant analysis of the game...

stupid fake FG.... you DO know, of course, that there were swirling 30mph winds all night during the game. our kicker is suspect at best.... unless he was kicking an extra point, I sure wouldn't bet on our kicker getting it through....

Couch...yes, stupid hit. Freshman mistake. It's not like Dooley made the hit out-of-bounds.
the Wildcat... the first Wildcat actually got them more yards than most of their running plays have had all year... when your 118/120, what are you supposed to do?
Worley underhand pass for almost INT... another Freshman mistake ( you DO know of course it was his first SEC road game, RIGHT?)
How many other SEC East teams drew Arkansas, Alabama, and LSU as their 3 Western opponents? Arkansas did what they were supposed to do. You DO know they're #8 in the country, RIGHT?
YOu can easily say from behind a keyboard this team quit. I tell you, if any of the players read this board with any regularity, I'd probably quit, too. B/c it's filled with the most mal-educated, vile, vitriolic hatred b/c this team can't beat three top-10 teams (2 on the road); it's SO EASY! SO EASY!

But you know what's hard? To wear the colors and cheer your team on, and talk about the one or two good things this team did during a horrible season. But I can do that; you see, I don't know if Dooley will be THE answer. But I know that he came to a program no one else wanted to touch with a ten-foot pole. HE's the one that has to go out there week in and week out, endure huge losses, endure questions on why his team lost, etc. NOT YOU. So, go ahead, revel in the fact that you were right... if that's what's important to you....

but there will be a day when this team will be restored to greatness, and I'll be able to say I was there for them win or lose...and you won't.

best post of the night!

thevoice writes:

For Dooley's own sake, I sure hope he's been stashing away a good portion of his $1.8 mill salary. It's not going to last much longer.

volcop writes:

in response to Vol43:

well i have to give doolittle a by for this year with the injuries and all, and UT can't afford paying another coach for not coaching, but if he does not win at least 8 games next year i would show him the way out of town

jobrando#216494 writes:

we double suck

AlpharettaVol writes:

I never thought I would have to say this, but our guys just plain quit tonight. It was the worst pass defense and tackling I believe I have ever seen from the Vols and I've been watching Tennessee football for several decades. Just pitiful.

curtisjones writes:

The funniest thing is this: if Tennessee somehow miraculously beats Vandy, and then defeats a high-school level Kentucky team, some Vol fans will actually think this team EARNED an appearance before a national audience in a (minor) bowl game.

Best facilities in the nation. No expense has been spared. And yet it's home to a historically bad team.

wallingdad writes:

one thing i do not understand is why Simms cannot at least be coached enough to manage the game. he is a senior isnt he? why cant he at least be a journeyman game manager. surely he is coachable enough for that (given the right person coaching him)

AZ_Vol writes:

in response to GreySmokey:

Wrong coach(es), Champ.

Here. For the pain.

jobrando#216494 writes:

in response to AlpharettaVol:

maybe because they are so bad they just appear to quit

curtisjones writes:

One thing is for sure: in 2012, the Vols will dominate... Georgia State, Akron, Troy and Kentucky.

tuvol4u (Inactive) writes:

in response to CommodoreCapital:

you commodes say that every year. i remember that phooey with Johnson as your coach. lol. vandy fans dream big dont they?

Oh yeah, one more thing, at least the hoops season is around the corner for you.