mocsandvolsfan writes:

in response to Bubba_Knows:

Good one Scooter - nearly spit coffee on my keyboard.

"How old are you"? If you don't mind my asking? What ever. sometimes I wish you would spit on your keyboard. SOMETIMES we'd all like to spit on your keyboard. SOMETIMES. But I'm not sure 'cause I think I may be confusing you with Ban2rid or westknoxviral? SOMETIMES I forget things...like who is Bubba? Only Bubba_Knows.
I confess I do like the name...SOMETIMES!

DaveVol writes:

I wasn't expecting much from the team this year, but it looks like they will be more competitive than I thought.

VOL1972 writes:

I think we need to get through our pre-conference schedule before we get too excited (or down) about this team. We lost by 10 to Duke (Belmont lost by one -- at Duke) and Memphis has been drubbed by Michigan and beaten by Georgetown. The point is we really don't know how good Memphis is (certainly not the 8th best team in the country).

mocsandvolsfan writes:

in response to VOL1972:

You're correct about not knowing anything about the teams we've played. We did learn some things about our own team though. We can play with at least a coupla teams who are well thought of and who have talent regardless of who has beaten them. We (UT) played to a level that to me looked as though we could easily have won against Memphis. A little better defense and we could have won against Duke.

Bring those early top ten on. We can almost beat any body.

OOps that sounded like a TROLL with that last sentence here!

Point IS Why can't we just enjoy the games and all get along?lol

DOWN WITH POLLS!!

SilasDogooder writes:

in response to Orange_Scooter:

Your mom.

No, the 7th place trophy looks better than his mama.

mocsandvolsfan writes:

in response to SilasDogooder:

No, the 7th place trophy looks better than his mama.

Some of these SAME posters thought we'd lose to Chaminade! To listen to them means losing every game. KNS uhhh I mean the "posters" look for every chance to stir us up against them. I guess it's a little fun sometimes but they should not throw out there garbage on KNS's site. supposedly a UT site. I wonder sometimes.

VOL1972 writes:

Monday's game at Oakland should tell us something about this team. If we beat Oakland at their place (after them beating us at home last year) then you've got to think Martin has UT way ahead of where most anybody thought we would be.

I miss Pearl, but he's gone.

mocsandvolsfan writes:

in response to VOL1972:

I miss Pearl, but he's gone.

Everything you said makes good sense except that last year has little to do with this year. We are a totally different team. I don't know what Oakland has this year.
I don't miss Pearl or last year's team. I do miss Loften and J. Smith.lol