skyhawk836 writes:

in response to SO_GLAD_THEY_LOST:

Yea, Tyler--- listen to this genius and, "stop using Twitter and get a life".
Post on message boards like us mature people do.

lomas98 writes:

Twitter and Facebook is something college players 10 years ago never had to deal with and I think they were better off. The pressure on the players and coaches is even greater today due to public "access" to these guys. When I was in school the players phone numbers were not listed in the school phone book. This was just in the early and mid 90's. Imagine if Peyton Manning had a twitter page after the interceptions he threw against FL or what the players on the 96 team would have had to deal with after the Memphis loss. Today's fan and player are totally different than what it used to be and if a fan says something disparaging on the players twitter, you can sure bet he will type something back out of frustration. Then of course he regrets it because it makes him look stupid and then you get the apology. I would hate to be a college athlete in today's world compared to just 10 years ago. I would need a bubble to live in to not get in trouble.

Ironcity writes:

in response to rclarkvols#224537:

I just wish that once before he leaves Tyler would consider running for positive yardage instead of just throwing the ball away. Many times the field in front of him has been wide open for him to run for a first down but he just won't do it.

I agree. That was coached out of him. Look at him as a freshman and he ran for positive yards all the time. Instead of teaching him not to run the coaches should teach him how to slide and avoid big hits.

SewaneeVolFan writes:

I like Tyler Bray and think we're very lucky to have him. I hope he stays another year and that his progress, which I think is substantial, continues.

I have no problem with legitimate, football-related criticism -- "Tyler should have tucked the ball away if he was going to scramble" or "it appears the coaches don't trust him to change a play at the line of scrimmage," but hate mail? Gracious. Leave that to the GA so-called fans.

JohnnyBeGood writes:

QB is the team leader, leaders get results they don't whine and make excuses. suit up and play hardball or go home.

RollTideJoe writes:

in response to Central_IL_Vol:

Looking forward to laughing my arse off at the filthy, classless, inbred, uneducated mullet-sporting, toothless, tampon-colored clothing wearing hillbilly MORONS from Bammer that will stink up the state of Tennessee this weekend. There is no more disgusting group as the Bammer Moron Nation!

Not a one of the Bama fans will be as classless as you! You're an embarrassment to your program.

15_counting writes:

in response to mlynn1:

Also smart___, at least Tennessee has never had to fire a coach before he even coached a single game!

It's obvious Tennessee has no idea when it's time to fire a coach! There's a Bama man in charge now though! He'll take care of that little problem for you!

Gyno_American writes:

Tyler, you are doing a fine job at QB for UT. A great team is not made of one or three superstars. A great team is made up of competitive, competent players who put in a lot of hard work and heart. You have what it takes. I would focus on three things to improve your level of play: Game and post game poise, not looking at your intended receiver from the snap to pass, and checking your entire passing tree for opportunities in coverage.

Now our defense, as we all know, needs work. The 3-4 seems to elude them. But that's nothing that can't be fixed, should the coaches wish to stick with it. We just need to get them out of the cushy indoor/outdoor fields and practice in an overgrown meadow with old fashioned hard work. Bear knew what he was doing with the D. We should take note of his lessons.

RollTideJoe writes:

in response to mlynn1:

Bama fans never sent a moving van to one of our coach's house either (Bill Battle) or burned a coach in effigy (Kiffin)!

VolFanInTheBoro (Inactive) writes:

in response to 15_counting:

Nope! Been painting rocks this week!

I thought you might have been t bagging someone

WoodshedVol writes:

Bray is still maturing as a QB and a person. When I was his age I was wilder than a crazed dog. I could not imagine having to represent UT football at that age. Everyone has a different walk in this life.
I hope Bray learns to be more patient and take what the defense is giving him. The homerun will be there eventually. He's got all the talent in the world.

mlynn1 writes:

in response to RollTideJoe:

Don't think I called you a smart___ Joe, maybe I should have.

CrankE writes:

Open post to Tyler Bray:

So you were only responding to hateful tweets. So what? Why respond at all?

You may never silence out the hateful tweets. But LEAD your team to victory and see how many and how loud your supporters get. Oh, and see how the haters lose their boldness and volume.

Tyler, you have talent like no other QB in this league. Lay aside every distraction, chip away the bad habits and BECOME the great QB that we all know is lurking inside of you.

OLROCKYTOP writes:

No one has the right to go on Twitter and bash a 20 whatever year old kid. I dont care who he is or what he does. We all need to remember these kids are no more than 5 years removed from high school and are sons to mothers and fathers.

abnerPeabody writes:

in response to smokysbark:

I don't think anyone questions whether he puts his heart out there on the game day ... I do, however, have HUGE questions about whether he puts his heart into the film room! Learn to read the defense Bray! You can only do that by watching hour after hour of game film on your opponent and voila! Hey coach, they're lined up just like I saw on film! Ugh ... please get serious about how you approach the next game when you go to work on Monday thru Friday ... not just on Saturday at noon.

You don't know one darn thing about his film time.Man,it would be sweet if you were as smart as you pretend.

If you don't like a player,don't scorn the player. Scorn the coaches for recruiting him. If you were offered a scolly to play for a major college,you would not turn it down by saying "I am not good enough". Grow up and act like you are a human being even if you are not much of one.

redskinvol1 writes:

The hate is not for Bray.It is for Dooley!

iowavol writes:

in response to smokysbark:

So true. I'm not saying Tyler is a Brett Favre, but he reminds of him in the sense he is a pure gunslinger, just not as much athletic ability as Brett. If Tyler would really think more about moving the chains, making good reads and understanding what the defense is giving him, we can keep our offense on the field. That's a good thing.

But give credit where credit is due, he is dang good at hitting the big play. The last two games, both Hunter and CP have not gone after balls or short armed ball or just dropped balls that could have kept drives alive or resulted in TD's. Both games could have been won.

Stepchild_nFL writes:

in response to 15_counting:

“I was just frustrated at the time. It’s been two weeks in a row that we could have won, and it’s frustrating.”

Well maybe knowing up front this week that you don't have a chance will make it a little easier!

I would love to be at the game this weekend and I know we have a chance. Or not. I would still love to be there. My team is playing hard and I love it. Win or lose.Tennessee Vols. Nothing better. Who knows? We might win. I'll be watching till the end.

Stepchild_nFL writes:

in response to smokysbark:

Thats one thing I respected about Peyton. At Tennesse and now in the pros he has always been a student of the game and if he is not playing he is in the film room. We'll never see another Peyton. Kids today with talent don't think they need to work. Me included.

usafvol writes:

in response to navarrebeachvol:

don't you have a mullet to comb? get a life. get a job.

He's like the rest of the losers on here who only gripe and complain. Chances are they've never accomplished anything in their lives and aren't happy unless they have someone to belittle. These guys are out there taking the punishment and doing their best and the so called "fans" act like a bunch of spoiled little girls who didn't get their way. If you're only a fan if we win, you're no fan..

vols2#227315 writes:

If Ala dam bama had Bray as their quarterback, they would be scoring 100 points per game.

smokysbark writes:

in response to abnerPeabody:

What the heck is wrong with you? You idiot ... Did you even read the post. I don't know where your second paragraph was even going. Scorn the coaches for recruiting him? Shut up idiot ... that doesn't even make sense to insinuate that is what I said. Bray is talented with a cannon for an arm. It's time for him to now take it to that next level. He cannot read a defense and that is obvious ... so you point out to me whose fault that is and I'll be happy to place the blame there.

SummittsCourt writes:

in response to DukeDeLuca2:

Seems to me that Bray was right on target.

I've been a season ticket holder off and on for four decades (I moved away for a few years).

My degree is from UT.

I've never seen so many fickle, shallow fans in all my life. I used to think that Florida fans were the worst in the SEC. Without a doubt, our fans have beaten them out for that title.

We're now The Big Orange Bandwagon Nation.

Tell it like it is. However, I expect you will receive hate filled comments too.

We don't have true bandwagon fans, what we have as fans of UT Football is too many fair weather fans. Fans who only care if the team is winning and filled with hate when they don't.

The truth hurts, and you told the truth. Tyler was just being honest about his frustrations too. The fair weather fans can be pretty classless at times as well.

Sir_Spanky writes:

Heads up everbidy! - If you like canned vienna sausage you better get to the store by Thursday night or it'll all be gone! And all the Waffle Houses will be packed too!

brokendownoldvol writes:

Maybe he needs to spend less time on twitter and Face Book and more time looking at the playbook.

volsgirl writes:

Tyler_ do something about this!!!! show them what you made of, don't get mad get even.Go Vols beat Bama.....Whoooooooo!

Central_IL_Vol writes:

in response to RollTideJoe:

Really Joe?

I have given you a pass in the past because you are a Bammer troll, but you never seem to "stir the pot". The fact that you would defend other Bammer Morons that troll here makes me second-guess my decision. If you want to seperate yourself from the rest of the Bammer Moron riff-raff, then jump on 14 and rtchatt; not me. I will not have these useless maggots come here and stink up the place.

BTW, Bammer may not get moving vans, but they do toss bricks through coaches windows!

Central_IL_Vol writes:

in response to 15_counting:

14 Years Old,

I am saluting you; guess which finger is up?

CLASSLESS BAMMER MAGGOT!

RealisticVol writes:

Mr Bray, those immature enough to write hateful tweets to you are not worth reacting to. That is why I want you to grow up emotionally and not act like those stupid tweeters. If you get yourself under emotional control, the millions you can make in the pros will be your best revenge. I am pulling for you.

Volumnus writes:

in response to smokysbark:

I was reading through Dooley's press transcript from yesterday (UTSports.com) and he said something interesting that I can't recall ever hearing him say.

He was asked about the "stature" of the defense and his (paraphrased) response was that they went hard after offensive players in recruiting and it paid off. They have about 9 legitimate SEC starters on offense and are getting better. He said they dropped the ball on defense. In his estimation, there are 2-3 SEC starters on defense and the staff will make that the priority.

Just throwing that out there ...

I think we may be one SEC head coach short as well.
If Mississippi State can recruit the talent to go 6-0, then UT should be able to recruit at least .500 talent....

Volumnus writes:

Bray was getting pressure all night. He took some licks. He made some bad decisions but that loss was not his. He did not line up a single play as a down lineman, he did not run a route, he did block on one wildcat play. How many QB's do that? Tennessee was out coached on both sides of the ball. He is not the coach.
The Tennessee staff has not be able to make adjustments or coach the team to make adjustments during a game. They won't close a game out until they do it. Dooley wins against a ranked opponent, "0", one very telling stat.

Jenna1009 writes:

It is a shame that some make their frustration personal. The team still has problems but they have gotten the running game going and that should make things better. The defense it the biggest issue now. I don't know if Dooley will survive this season, but I think he deserves 1 more year as frustrating as that might be. He took over a team that had 2 coaching turnovers in a row. that in itself would cause the recovery time longer. I would like to see the fans fill Neyland no matter what the record is and who we are playing. That will make Tn a more attractive for recruits and for coaching prospects. So in away when we are bad mouthing the team we need to look at ourselves also.

decades_vol (Inactive) writes:

in response to RollTideJoe:

Agreed, and I could live off of a Big Orange IV.

RockyTopApologist writes:

If you can't handle the charge of the mosquito (ie, the negative comments on social media),
Then you won't be able to handle the charge of the elephant (ie, Bama or anything else larger than a mosquito). You've got to let that stuff roll off you dude and maintain that same attitude in a game if you want to win. Knee jerk reactions (ie, your bandwagon tweet) never work. You'll lose in football, public relations AND life. Let it go when you read that stuff. I know you can. Now, go be even-keeled leader and beat Alabama. No more knee-jerk reactions on or off the field please; they are a sign of not being able to control your emotions.