GerryOP writes:

in response to underthehill:

Speculation among media..TV & radio..commentators has been that it appears Hart may have hired Sunseri and turned the defense over to him..when Dooley kept insisting he had nothing to do with the defense this speculation increased..then all of sudden Dooley was going to take over the defense..I heard one TV comment that we may never know the truth about this..one commentator said UT would have been better to have kept Thompson and made him the DC..instead they brought in Sunseri and Thompson went back to bama..at this point if UT wins out it will be hard to justify not giving Dooley another year..but who knows..some say the decision is already made..I am not a big Dooley fan but I do see the point of those who say it would be in the best interest of UT for Dooley to be successful...regardless..I have UT winning today 27-17..

underthehill, I believe that report! That is the only explanation that makes sense. I really believe that Dooley is holding a stronger hand than we realize. After the display of defensive futility last Saturday, Hart had to fold. This could be an important game. Dooley is betting his job on the outcome.

underthehill writes:

in response to GerryOP:

I hope the defense steps up and makes Dooley look like a genius..then maybe the truth will come out...

GerryOP writes:

We will see what we will see! It never made sense that micro-manager Dooley would willingly not get involved and let the defense fall apart the way it did. It should be interesting... I hope!

Just curious, what announcer gave that opinion? Do you suppose that Dooley wants it all, HC and AD job?

thevoice writes:

in response to underthehill:

Doug Matthews, a former UT coach and now respected media member in Nashville, just reported this morning that he KNOWS Dooley has discussed with UT a negotiated buyout/resignation.

aldntn writes:

Focusing on the biggest problem is the right thing. Forget all the talk and go out there and win. GO VOLS!!

GerryOP writes:

Sure! He could have said something like "Let me do the job you hired me to do or fire me. And I'll sweeten the pot by reducing UT's buyout cost!"

underthehill writes:

in response to thevoice:

Discussed means nothing..the question now is if the defense steps up and UT wins out..how can UT justify not giving Dooley another year..and if Hart did in fact hire Sunseri instead of keeping Thompson and making him DC..did this play a part in the shoddy defense that may have cost UT a win or wins...

jobrando#216494 writes:

How can he have a imprint when he's just learning. What's wrong with KNS and these ridiculous stories?

jobrando#216494 writes:

in response to thevoice:

Dooley would be a true idoit to resign. Dang, get it all and make them fire.

ArmyO6VOL writes:

I see the imprint alright and it spells, Loss!!!!

budd#207344 writes:

in response to thevoice:

Doug Matthews a what? the former coach is right but that's about all

oldvoltimer62 writes:

Great D today Dooley up 21 7 at half squandered TO's in first half and in OT.The bright spot was took 4 OT's to lose the damn game.Just spare Vol fans some pain and forfit the last two remaining games and leave.