Mr_Bandman writes:

in response to rockytopinthedesert:

This is a dimwit making a half-assed Obama reference. Don't you guys get it?
This has nothing to do with football.

yeah...I see it....I'm just too bent out of shape over the events of the day to "get" anything...I hate this...

snowvol writes:

in response to kd45music:

In searching for a new coach, I hope Hart will be diligent but also careful not to hire someone like Petrino. The program has beenn cleaned up and that is to Dooley's credit; he's just not a good head coach. So let's find a man with integrity who also happens to be a danged good coach. I'd love to have a true Tennessee man in charge, but that's not going to happen, so we'll probably wind up with a mercenary.

A "true Tennessee man" doesn't guarantee anything. Was Urban Meyer a true Florida man? Was Pete Carroll a true USC man? Is Bob Stoops a true Oklahoma man? How about Brian Kelly - is he a true Notre Dame man? Not being argumentative. Rather, I think what we need is a bonafide coach. Someone who can flat-out coach, recruit and inspire the fan base. A guy who can look Sabin, Richt, Spurrier, Miles and Muschamp in the eyes and say in essence "We're here to kick your a** today... hope you enjoy it."

If the guy has Tennessee ties, great. If he doesn't, he can still win... and win big.

tanasi2 writes:

I'd take Phil Fulmer back in a second to be Tennessee's head football coach, but there are other proven coaches out there who would jump at a chance to coach at a great university in the SEC. Hart is NOT going to have a problem finding a good coach!!! Look what the 1st year coach at Texas A & M did today!!! I say fire Dooley on Monday and start looking for our next head coach!

chad954ut writes:

I say once again, La Tech is a better program three years after Dooley left than Tennessee is three years with him.

JimmyJoe writes:

in response to coltsman:

How can you say Kiffin messed the program up? he had a winning record and he almost beat Alabama except for two blocked kicks and they didn't have enough back ups in the 2nd half. I can't believe everyone is blaming Kiffin. He done exactly what everyone else would do (go back to their home school)Look at Johnny Majors. I wish we still had Kiffin he could he recruit and he had discipline on our Football team

Dude... We all just hate Kiffen's guts. No he's not to blame. But we still hate him... So let's not be defending that good for nothin snake in the grass ok... We have bigger fish to fry this week.

jobrando#216494 writes:

in response to bigdaddy37821:

He would be better suited being a janitor he sure does not have a clue on coaching. I think he was adopted.

They new he would be OJT when he was hired. Dang it was not his fault. He is a laywer and 5 mil to play like a coach is hard to turn down. The folks to blame are above Dooley.

stormblast writes:

in response to rockytopinthedesert:

This is a dimwit making a half-assed Obama reference. Don't you guys get it?
This has nothing to do with football.

Thanks for pointing that out. I thought something was wrong when Dooley didn't mention that he was "gonna pay for my cell phone" during the post game interview.

God what horribly disturbing times we live in.

6972 writes:

I just cannot get over or believe our record this year. Shocked and speechless. If you had told me this year was going to turn out like this, I would have bet the farm you were wrong.

Vol1983 writes:

In the words of Don Meredith and Willie Nelson "turn out the lights the party's over."

pingkr62 writes:

in response to CrankE:

You're not going to have Tennessee to kick around anymore!

Fire Dooley today. Hire Debby Jennings as interim head coach!

Two birds, one stone?

tomkats3242 writes:

Hart either makes a change now (tonight) or he has to go along with dooley. dooley back to Ga and Hart to ALA. Hire a good high school coach from TN and get the blood rolling again.

DavidB writes:

Hart isn't going to make it official until the season is over. I don't see it improving the season by firing Dooley right now. The players all know there will be a coaching change and I believe they deserve that coaching change.

Lots of coaches would enjoy the opportunity to coach here. I don't thing Gruden is coming though. Maybe Strong. I have heard a couple people bring up hiring Fulmer. Not sure Fulmer is the best but he is head and shoulders above Dooley. If no one else takes it then Fulmer is a thought. But from what I have heard Fulmer is taking over Kentucky.

wilk58 writes:

no kicking game, no defense and dooley plays for ot

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

I have supported CDD from day one even though he was not my 1st,2nd or 3rd choice to replace Kiffin. He needs to do the right thing and re-sign. This stage has been too large for him and the pressure is showing by the bad decisions late in games week in/week out.

volvann writes:

As some of you have seen my posts, I have been a Dooley supporter during his tenure. But the last 2 games have truly showed me he cannot coach.
1. During the Troy game when leading 28-10, he chose to throw 3 times rather than run the ball and take a 3 score lead into halftime.
2. In the Missouri game, with 5:30 to go in the game and he had the ball, all he had to do was run some clock, he passed 3 times only ran 12 seconds off clock. If he ran all 3 plays regardless of amount of yards, Missouri would have received the ball without enough time.
Missouri scored with 40 seconds to go.
3. In the 4th overtime, UT had 2nd and 3, they chose to throw 3 passes. 3 running plays would have probably resulted in a first down. UT did not score and lost to a field goal.
4. In the 3rd overtime, running for a 2 point conversion would have won the game, potentially, we will never know.
My assessment is this, I am not a major college football coach, never have been, never will be, but if play calling is obvious to me, then the head coach should go.

Section A, Row 43, Seats 28-29 (may not be paying for them next year), the hottie next to me agrees.
...

6972 writes:

Footnote to my post: Some are hoping for a bowl. You can be critical of me if you want, but I am sorry, I can't get excited about Music City Bowl or going to Liberty Bowl. I know they get extra practice time but it doesn't seem to have helped all year yet. You feel the need to take a shot at me for my view, go ahead, it won't be the first time. You have a right to your view also.

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to BIVOLAR_BEARE:

Not Re-sign, resign..Duh!

Vol43 writes:

in response to JDX47:

You know, I am sick of hearing people buying into the concept "the program was in such depths of dispair when Fulmer left." Sure, it wasn't where it was in the early 2000s, but it was 9 miles ahead of most schools outside the SEC. I can assure you Missouri wasn't chock full of top recruits either...confident Vandy wasn't either but they have done a lot better than Dooley in the last 3 years.

Everyone continues to talk about "it would be hard to get a coach to come to TN, it is in such depths of disrepair." I will GUARANTEE YOU that there are 40 coaches in America that could take the talent we have RIGHT NOW and have won 8 games this year already...GUARANTEE...

If you think that the cupboard is bare, you are full of it...The COACHING CUPBOARD is what is bare.

Well said JD. Right on cue.

budd#207344 writes:

in response to JDX47:

You are 100% correct. These players have had some horrible coaching the last few years and we need to remember that. Look what happened w/the running game when CJG & CSP were hired and allowed to coach. It has improved 200% in one years time. I have come to the point where I question Chaney as well. Get an experienced (read winning) HC who can recruit. Make sure he hires experienced (read winning) OC & (read winning) DC. Keep CJG & CSP. This team will compete in the East in two years. It is NOT the talent level. IT IS THE COACHING

Olcrow writes:

in response to GloryDays:

Dooley inherited a mess, the previous coaches wrecked the program, and Dooley needs 4 more years to fix this mess. He is doing all he can we just got to keep moving foward!

The guy Dooley had running the CIA resigned because he was caught having an affair(imagine that head of CIA and you still get caught).I wish it had been Obama's defensive coordinator.Neither very good at their job.

Vol43 writes:

in response to BIVOLAR_BEARE:

Not Re-sign, resign..Duh!

Hey ColdNose, I was at the game today. Man, this is hard to take.

arkansasvol1975 writes:

in response to GloryDays:

You are an idiot! Hugh Freeze got handed a bigger mess and a lowly program to run at Ole Miss......what is he doing.....oh yeah winning. Does it make you feel better telling yourself that excuse? In 4 more years with Dooley, where do you think we will be? I know, right below Kentucky with a half empty stadium and an idiot as a coach.

AlWilsonFan writes:

in response to GloryDays:

I used to think that way, but when we STILL can't get the right number of players on the field for a punt and have to take a time out, when we give up score after score to the 109th offense in 1-A, when it takes us 9 games into the season to start changing the defense, when there are still many plays this late in the season where our players look like they just don't understand what they need to do, when we are 0-6 in the SEC after beating Vandy in OT and losing to UK last year... it's time to throw in the towel.

runninbroke writes:

in response to Col26ca:

A real Man would resign, don't expect it to happen with this one. Pray for his family.

Real men would keep fighting!! So would Dooley if we gave him the chance. Course after today, the writing is all over the wall! Sad time in big orange country

jjsteel writes:

If Dooley would do the right thing and stand before everyone in TV land that gives a hoot and say " I apologize to all, I can't coach football. I thought I could, but, I'm in way over my head. Please forgive me. Just to show you I meant well and I'm a stand up guy. I'm canceling my contract and I'll walk away without UT owing me a single dime." I could let it go.

charlyand#601962 writes:

in response to Mr_Bandman:

No. NO NO NO NO NO. This is just wrong. Today was not Phil Fulmer's fault. It wasn't Lane Kiffin's fault. It wasn't Mike Hamilton's fault. It wasn't Sal Sunseri's fault. It wasn't because the opponent was loaded 3-deep at every position with 4- & 5-star athletes. This loss is 100% on Derek Dooley. HE blew it---bad play calling, no clue how to manage a late-game clock, and an inability to counter the other team's adjustments. I'm not a troll on this site---I'm a 1989 UT grade and proud of it---I wear my class ring every day, my car has orange T's all over it, my daughters grew up wearing little orange cheerleading outfits, and Rocky Top still puts a lump in my throat when I hear 100,000 people singing it at Pre-Game. I bleed orange, and, frankly, I'm sick of the excuses we've all made for CDD this year. It's time. I don't care if you agree with me or not. I'm right on this one.

This 1990 alum agrees with you 100%. Coach Dooley is not a bad man. My guess is that this colossal failure has caused him many, many sleepless nights. My guess is that he has put his heart and soul into succeeding at Tennessee but the coaching skills necessary for the SEC just aren't there -- maybe someday they will be -- but we can't afford to wait. Painful, all of this. I pray that my fellow members of Big Orange Nation will allow the man and his family to exit without the usual low-class shenanigans we see from other schools. No moving vans sent to his home please, no threats against his children, etc.

UTBEATEMALL writes:

If they make a change, the first person they should call is Ray Lewis. Who know more about football and would be able to recruit better? Ray Lewis>Nick Saban for 90% of defensive recruits!

bkgunter writes:

in response to GloryDays:

Four more years?!?! Put the meth pipe down there, Boss, 'cause you've had enough. All the previous coaches in the history of the program together haven't created the wreckage that this loser has accumulated in 3 seasons. If this is all he can do, then enough said.

utvols1 writes:

in response to djohnnyg:

Is this all about feeling sorry for "a good man"?

What about Fulmer? He was a good man too but u guys had no problem iviscerating everything about the guy from his weight to his wife to everything else about him.

You feel sorry for Dooley. That's sweet, but this is a tuff business and a tuff conference, but a conference that UT "used to" be one of the top players in.

If winning is so unimportant to everyone now than why get rid of Fulmer in the first place?

Really? Fulmer? It's the tallest midget story. He sucked his last 4 yrs. Dooley just sucks WAY more from the start.

madhatter writes:

end of regulation, unbelievable!!

pcorange writes:

The longer this drags on without Hart firing Dooley, the worse it gets. Hart, please understand this: the vast majority of Tennessee fans are fed up. We have been past the end of our patience for quite a while now. Nothing can be gained by waiting, and we might get a coach and salvage a decent recruiting season if you'll get off your can and get this over with! Hart, you have become the problem! Do your job!

jobrando#216494 writes:

in response to BIVOLAR_BEARE:

Not Re-sign, resign..Duh!

He's not going to Re-sign or resign cause he want get the money..Duh

Olcrow writes:

in response to Col26ca:

I refuse to pray for someone's family who is about to receive 5 million dollars,if you feel sorry pray all you want.I feel sorry for you.

bkgunter writes:

in response to utvols1:

We won the East one of those seasons, you half-wit.

Vol43 writes:

in response to pcorange:

I'm ready

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to Vol43:

Hey ColdNose, I was at the game today. Man, this is hard to take.

My wife begged me to take her to this game and I am so glad we stayed at home..I nearly had a stinkin' heart attack when CDD had our defense out of position on that 4th down play, and that was just the beginning of the horrible calls our coaches made today..I'm so ready for a fundamentally coached fb team..Where art thou?

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to Vol43:

Hey ColdNose, I was at the game today. Man, this is hard to take.

Scoon writes:

in response to Vol43:

Hey ColdNose, I was at the game today. Man, this is hard to take.

Hey 43, did you head straight out to "Mickey" D's right after the game ... alone ??

MFearghail writes:

I have the chorus now:
Dooley coachin’ like a lawyer
Dooley try to be a winner
Dooley gave us a loser
So I’ll send you back someday.

Anyone want to help with lyrics? Maybe someone who has recording talent and technology can make a record. Just give me a little credit!

Olcrow writes:

in response to tanasi2:

Don't rule Phil out,it's being kicked around and Chavis coming with him.

Scoon writes:

in response to BIVOLAR_BEARE:

ColdNose, you said the same thing twice, again. Are you have trouble with this board, tonight. My input is as slow as molasses.

Vol43 writes:

in response to Scoon:

Hey scoony and ColdNose, we're still In Gburg licking our wounds. This sucks.

OldVols68 writes:

Lost to one James Franklin today; we get to lose to another James Franklin next week....boy how low can we go? All we need now is to lose both of our remaining games. Very doable if you ask me...with the lack of defense especially.

sly_stone99#434111 writes:

in response to cantfixstupid:

I like Derrick Dooley ...... but he's just not a good coach. Why can't we recruit ??

Recruits are seeing him as a not so good coach.

brokendownoldvol writes:

Dooley will soon be old news.

Scoon writes:

in response to Vol43:

Hey scoony and ColdNose, we're still In Gburg licking our wounds. This sucks.

Get you some shine and lick away. Uh, I thought cats were the only ones who lick !! lick lick

Tennfan4075 writes:

in response to cantfixstupid:

Vols can't recruit because Dooley is not a good coach.

suggest_removal_4_all_troll_posts writes:

Shaky? Shaky? The San Andreas Fault is Shaky!

Unfortunately, this is a total collapse :( :(

Vol43 writes:

in response to Scoon:

Stayed until the bitter end. It was hard to watch just like November 6.

Rumblefish writes:

in response to volvann:

Missouri scored with 40 seconds to go.

...

Ok. Tell me I was right, and you were wrong, and then we can both move forward in the discussion about a replacement for Dooley. But...you gotta man up first! ;)