shipperman#280095 writes:

in response to VolFanInTheBoro:

you must be one of the numerous "insiders" on this site

I am not an insider and have never claimed to be. I do however know a couple of very much insiders. But all you have to do is listen to Dooley and the players. They all know he is gone

voodoo101 writes:

Sorry, but that "dream" is in the nightmare category.

volforeverandever writes:

in response to ProfessionalHandicapper:

You people who are predicting 51 points most likely have no clue Vandy's defense has allowed only 4 TD passes all year. Ut has the number 111 ranked defense in points allowed. Unless we have an extended overtime periods, UT will not put up 50 on this Vandy team. Vandy's offense is very good at eating up the clock and running the football. This will not be a track meet. Franklin is too smart to play that style vs UT.

It does not matter what style game is played.vandy will saying wait till next year.

RoyaltyVol writes:

in response to CantStandCantStandSaban:

Tony Basilio is about as credible as the National Enquirer.

Sorry, but I don't agree with you! Basilio is right sometimes.

voodoo101 writes:

in response to orangecountyvols:

Vols,

Vol Elite was saying it was going to be Gruden to Tennessee. I just said whomever started that was like a little snow flake which turned into a big snow ball. Maybe he will, probably he won't.

But I'll say this, people like 'Climate' aka Dave Climer would literally be sick if it happened. He, Adams, and the like thrive on adverse things happening to Tennessee so they would not know how to handle something positive taking place on the Hill.

After reading Sam Venable's article (which has apparently been purged from the topics), it's clear that he'd be a very fitting and welcome replacement for Adams. As for Climer - well it's the Tennessean, so good luck with finding anybody competent there.

voodoo101 writes:

in response to CantStandCantStandSaban:

Tony Basilio is about as credible as the National Enquirer.

Maybe, but the Enquirer is more ethical - and yeah, that's a low blow - has to be to reach him.

voodoo101 writes:

in response to ACWLY:

My DREAM would be for David Climer and John Adams to marry [now that its legal, almost] and move to a place they LOVE, like Kentucky, Alabama, Arkansas or Florida, ANYWHERE BUT TENNESSEE!

Can you imagine the team forming a saber arch like they do for military weddings? The team may not despise Adams and Climer as much as we do though, and they might pass unscathed.

CCLC writes:

in response to ccjackson40#254643:

you forgot the excellent recruiting i mean this pipeline of La. Tech caliber talent should get us straight to the top of the SEC

La Tech is 9-1 and ranked 17/19 in the polls.
just sayin'

BigOrangeFreak writes:

I would personally, make a $5000 additional donation to the VASF, if they need funds to go after this guy.

Alot of people have doubted his ability to come in and be a winner, but I for one, believe he would have us competing with the upper-tier (Bama, LSU, Florida, UGA) in two seasons.

ccjackson40#254643 writes:

in response to CCLC:

La Tech is 9-1 and ranked 17/19 in the polls.
just sayin'

well maybe we should move to the Sun Belt where we could have a good record and a token ranking

Twinkie50 writes:

I'm holding on to HOPE! Been watching this team play ball for 27 years...it's pretty appalling what the program has become. I read a story talking about the 90's being some sort of flash in the pan that skews our fans image of what our program should be...I don't buy that phooey! What about the teams Coach Majors had that beat down Vinny Testaverde in the Orange Bowl? What about the great names like Gault, Webb, Cobb, Ziegler, Kelley, Francis, followed by all the great players and teams of the 90's?!? There was an EXCELLENT tradition of football in this state, and it has escaped in the last 7 or 8 years. Something changed in the sport of football as a whole...it became, like everything else in this world, a bought-and-sold commodity. And Tennessee still has refused to catch up to the times. Football coaches like Saban that have no real loyatly to anything other than their own ego are the route to a championship, and we need to make a BIG splash with this next hire. Let's just all hope that the AD, along with the rest of us, can all hold our noses and step into the 21st century! GBO!!!!!

VOLSONTHECOMEBACK writes:

Heard from a reliable source that John Gruden is looking is in Knoxville looking at schools for his kids. You guys can interpret that anyway you want, but I think that makes me more hopeful something is going.

RoyaltyVol writes:

I remember everyone complaining when we were consistantly in the top 10 that we could never win the big games. How many of us would love to go back to that compared to now. Vols fans in times past have become greedy, if we ever get back to consistantly being top 10 or 15 in the country how bout lets not complain about it or say the coach needs to be fired, lets just be content with being consistantly good, that is if we ever get back to that!

RoyaltyVol writes:

in response to VOLSONTHECOMEBACK:

I will be shocked if it isn't Gruden!

Twinkie50 writes:

Believe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigOrangeFreak writes:

in response to VOLSONTHECOMEBACK:

I will quit my job and personally, home-school his children at no charge if he will take the job.

(Can't guarantee they'll learn anthing, but my offer stands.)

CCLC writes:

in response to ccjackson40#254643:

Judging by current results and looking at the future.... that might not be such bad idea.
just sayin'

voodoo101 writes:

in response to RoyaltyVol:

They'd still forget and want more. But just to show they are a little tolerant we have the "constant improvement" crowd. It's OK to be imperfect as long as you are moving toward perfection - they only measure in wins though, so a 9 win season must be followed by a 10 and so on. So after a 12-0, what? Certainly a slip the following year would call for dismissal. Some fans cannot be satisfied. But you are right; we tasted the grass on the other side and it was only greener because it was dipping into the septic tank. Speaking of which, we are still receiving Lane's blessings.

djohnnyg writes:

Gruden to UT? Sure are alot of rumors swirling about this.

BigOrangeRock writes:

Hire Fulmer back. I hear he stops getting a check next month.

HopeisNotaCourseofAction writes:

in response to ccjackson40#254643:

Why?

We would just be 5-5 now, likely beating 4 even lesser cupcakes and MAYBE 1 conference win there.

ccjackson40#254643 writes:

in response to CCLC:

just sayin'

i guess if you are willing to settle for mediocrity instead of expecting UT to return to elite staus then maybe you should find a mid major team to root for
just sayin'

djohnnyg writes:

in response to VOLSONTHECOMEBACK:

If this is for real it would be significant.

Why would he be looking at schools for his kids in Knoxville if he weren't moving to Knoxville, and why would he be moving to Knoxville if he weren't coming to be the new head coach?

These rumors can be made up by anybody just to fuel the fire and turn out to have no substance whatsoever.

Interesting that Gruden doesn't deny the rumors. I believe (like the writer of this article suggests) that Gruden gets off on the rumors...regardless if there's any truth to em or not.

VolBall18 writes:

For the people that don't think Gruden would be a tremendous catch for UT, you're CRAZY!! Gruden is exactly the kind of coach/character the Vol Nation has been missing. Not only is he a great coach and fireball (which UT desperately needs), he has some of the deepest recruiting connections in talent-rich Florida. He even helped coach a high school team last year down there! If that isn't enough, the hardware he has on his finger should be. Yeah, did it with a team that was basically formed from Dungy, but Dungy didn't take them there. Gruden did. You don't think that a recruit would love to learn from a coach what it takes to get to the ultimate level,the NFL? He knows how and I truly HOPE that he becomes our next coach.

kazoo writes:

Gruden will take the job if he can also work as color commentator during the games. "Watch for the screen pass in this situation."

KingDanno (Inactive) writes:

I keep hearing he IS coming. I quit listening to these writers a long time ago, but it pleases me to express my concern here for the current state of our program.
I heard today, he has signed a memorandum of understanding and will come after the TItans on MNF in Nashville. I want to believe it is true, so I will. It would be very satisfying for everyone to eat their words while Gruden brings us back!

CCLC writes:

in response to ccjackson40#254643:

just sayin'

Judging by the Vols past 3 years of performance isn't that where they are at.
just sayin'

jobrando#216494 writes:

in response to agentorange:

Adams and Climer are truly embarrassing themselves.

Climer is all Vandy. Adams is just wanting to stir the pot. Gruden is coming.

orange_eVOLution writes:

in response to BigOrangeFreak:

(Can't guarantee they'll learn anthing, but my offer stands.)

Excellent! LMAO.

cloudodust writes:

Let's call it a pipe dream. That at least makes it seem reasonable...

vettefool writes:

in response to CantStandCantStandSaban:

Tony Basilio is about as credible as the National Enquirer.

that is funny and so accurate. he always has inside sources, right. he and his 100 listeners are, well, I can't come up with a discription. oh well

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to KingDanno:

Until he says a definite "NO", the door remains open. Gruden would energize this fan-base like no other personality/coach would. He's going to coach somewhere so why not UT? ESPN wants to push the Philly job as a more enticing hire, but no one in their right mind wants the fan/media persecution that comes with that job. At UT JG would be idolized and not scrutinized (especially if he beats a rival other than VU & UK)..JAT.

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to CCLC:

La Tech is 9-1 and ranked 17/19 in the polls.
just sayin'

La Tech hasn't beaten anybody worth a flip, UGA-troll..But keep running your mouth, POS..

10ACfan100 writes:

I heard Gruden talking about another UT alum during an NFL game (Dan Williams I think) and he shouted out that this player was a Tennessee Volunteer! He may not come here but sure is fun to think about it.

CantStandCantStandSaban writes:

in response to RoyaltyVol:

Sorry, but I don't agree with you! Basilio is right sometimes.

Maybe so, but even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Shake_Bake writes:

in response to djohnnyg:

If this is for real it would be significant.

Rumors are not always false! When there is this much chatter about a potential coach, sometimes it turns out to be correct. I don't think we will have to wait much longer to learn the truth. In my opinion we will see a coaching change, ...it might not turn out to be Gruden, but we will have a new coach!

CCLC writes:

in response to BIVOLAR_BEARE:

They've beat everyone on their schedule except Texas AM....loosing to them by 2 points. Point spread loss was less than what Alabama managed. You are in some serious denial there. You know there is something about a train wreck.... it takes a long while until it is finally over.
just sayin'

pcorange writes:

in response to DeltaCharlie3:

More delusion from Vols fans. Why on earth would Gruden come to UT? He doesn't need the money, and if he had the competitive urge to coach again, he'd choose one of many NFL jobs to come open yearly.

But don't get me wrong, I could care less if he did come to UT. Gruden would lose between 5-7 games in each of his first 3 seasons at UT and y'all would be calling for his head.

I think your best bet is keeping Dooley for another 2 years.

Shut your piehole, Richard Noggin.

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to CCLC:

just sayin'

Okay DA...Then UGA is no better than La Tech under your astute (really stupid) observation. Does La Tech play in the SEC? No, they play in the WAC, but according to you they are on equal footing..Yes, 9&1 is great, but switch schedules with UT & La Tech, and there is no way La Tech is beaten only once.

KENVOL writes:

Just heard Gruden is going to Arkansas as head coach. To be announced tonight at 6:00.

pcorange writes:

What great coach in his right mind will come here now that the NCAA has added new penalties and recruiting restrictions? I'd say with today's news, we can forget Gruden or anybody else worth a damn. You don't want to take a team that has just reeled off back to back to back losing seasons and try to rebuild it with recruiting restrictions. I'm just sick. Right now, it sucks to be a Tennessee Vol.

pcorange writes:

in response to KENVOL:

I hope this is a joke. If not, you may as well drive a dagger in Tennessee.

volfaninutah writes:

in response to KENVOL:

Fayetteville to Knoxville is quite a commute for the kid's school everyday.

CantStandCantStandSaban writes:

in response to KENVOL:

I just heard that Jon Gruden joined the Peace Corps and is moving to Uganda. Announcement coming soon. You heard it here first.

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to pcorange:

I hope this is a joke. If not, you may as well drive a dagger in Tennessee.

Yeah, unless Jon and his wife are now divorced I can't see her endorsing an Arky lifestyle.

ACWLY writes:

in response to voodoo101:

A saber arch, now thats funny... Interesting name VOODOO, does it work, ever use it? Just kidding, see ya'.

Volunatic writes:

in response to volinlm:

Still don't get the Gruden craze. Eleven years as a head coach, winning % of .540 with three scattered years of over 10.Superbowl win..he gets credit for offensive changes, but defense (which wins championships) was all Tony Dungy. He would certainly bring some recruits because of name, but I still think that are better choices. Besides, if Dooley beats Vandy and Ky, he's here in 2013.

Didn't Tampa FIRE Tony Dungy?

Volunatic writes:

in response to agentorange:

Gruden will not be at TN. Even writing about it is stupid.

You wrote about it.

ULTIMATEVOLUNTEER writes:

How bout talking Bobby Bowden out of retirement?

KENVOL writes:

560 Sports Radio announced that Arkansas is holding a news conference at 6:00 tonight. And it is announce Gruden as Head Coach.