bob.bigorange#605842 writes:

also, first time we have EVER been 0-7 in SEC play in football. EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if we don't win next week, first 8 loss season ever for UT.

Vol-in-GA writes:

ESPN Chris Low late this past week on names he hears: Patterson, TCU; Golden, Miami; Fisher, LSU; Cutcliffe, Duke; and Gruden.

CommodoreCapital writes:

As the voice of the Commodores, feel free to jump on the bandwagon and have a team to pull for over the holiday season (again).

Just think you don't have to wake up every morning wondering what current or ex UT (VFL) player got arrested the night before.

Welcome aboard and ANCHOR DOWN.

joevol33 writes:

If dooley is still coach this time tomorrow night, then I'm sure dave hart and himself are trying to destroy the vols. There is no way they beat a worse ky team next week with the moral they have right now.

TNPilgrim writes:

One almost has to feel sorry for Dooley - he was in over his head the minute he set foot on campus, placed in an impossible situation by a fool masquerading as an A.D. Note to UT administration: you all are the reason UT football has become irrelevant. Hire a head coach with an established record and pay him what he's worth. You've wasted enough money already trying to get by cheap, and put the program in the dumpster to boot!

RatherBeDrivingaTitleist writes:

in response to Rich_Is_Re-born:

Where are the "true Vol fans" who have continually made slanderous comments towards me and a few others for saying Dooley was a joke? I can't wait to see what they have to say about this.

I haven't made any slanderous comments to you or anyone else but I have been hoping CDD could do the job. But hey, I voted for Romney so you know I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed.

gwh_1947 writes:

Georgia downs Alabama in the SEC championship and beats ND in Florida to win the national championship. If Stanford beats UCLA next week, Oregon is locked out of the PAC 12 championship game.

pingkr62 writes:

in response to bob.bigorange#605842:

Hopefully, someone else will be calling the shots next week. Hell, we might even win a game!

traderjoe writes:

Don't worry Vol fans, even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every 34 years or so. We'll be in the win column next week...I hope. If we can't beat a team that hired a Joker as a coach, then we're going to have to move to the clown league. Let's turn our attention to helping whoever does the hiring (I'm not assuming we can afford a $750,000.00 a year AD who may be responsible for the hiring of Sal Sunseri) to make sure we get the best coach out there as well as some of the best recruits in the country. We are down but we are not out. We are Tennessee, home of the Vol nation!!! OOHRAH!

snafu14u#241639 writes:

There is really not a lot to say. It was all on TV for everyone to see. Even the commentators called it right. Once again "halftime adjustments", poor tackling and communication, an unbelievable amount of dropped and miss thrown passes. Those are all teachable skills. And the same conversation we have been having for 12 weeks. A surreal game to watch as a UT fan. Just numb. This not Bama/Gators/etc. No excuse for this.And now we'll see what kind of AD we hired. Drum roll please.........BonzaiVol

oldster writes:

I followed the Vols since 1957. The worst era that I had ever seen previous to the current one was the Bill Battle era - and the aftermath that he caused. Please note what that era and the current one have in common. They were both lead by people with close connections to the University of Alabama football program. Battle played for the Bear. Dooley is a protege of Saban. Sunseri coached at Alabama. Hart is a former AAD at Alabama and insisted on the hiring of Sunseri for that ridiculous contract. Do you think that this is just a conincidence? I propose that UT fire everyone with connnections to that university's football program (and run off Bray, Hunter and Patterson, btw) and start with someone, anyone without such connections.

rockytopjeff writes:

in response to WhoDat:

Doolander has continued to set records at UT, unfortunately they aren't records we want to have. Just hope I see "Dooley's Fired" on Sunday, I don't think I can handle another day knowing he's still employed with UT.

Technically, he will be employed by UT for 36 monthly installments totalling $5 million. He will laugh all the way to the bank. He couldn't win at La. Tech and he couldn't win here. By the way La. Tech was ranked in the top 25 this week. They have done just fine without Good Ole Derek. Just hope we can move on with a REAL coach who can make it past 3 years. The Buyouts are going to break us if we keep this up.

sly_stone99#434111 writes:

in response to skyhawk836:

Don't know who is going to get it but you're going to hear Al Golden's name.

Good ole Al with his wrinkle white shirt and out of date neck tie. But the man can coach.

budd#207344 writes:

in response to gwh_1947:

jawja will be lucky if their team survives the championship game. They will finally have to play a real team and they will be exposed for what they are- losers.

DwayneElizondoMountainDewHerbertCamacho writes:

in response to pingkr62:

Things will improve. Tennessee has had poor seasons in the past, and has always came back, I must agree thing haven't been this bad in decades, but hopefully the next coach and staff will clean up the mess that has been building over the last several years, and set us back where we belong. G.B.O.!!!

Man...I really hope so, but the SEC is so freaking competitive right now that I hope we haven't fallen too far behind and end up in a situation like Ole Miss where our name brand means nothing. That's why getting a marquee coach is so important. We're going to have to ride that coach's reputation until we can get UT's image back to where it was.

I sincerely hope that Lane Kiffin fails at everything he does, but that guy knew UT had to improve its exposure on a national level. Of course, he could have been a LOT better at how he exposed UT (i.e. not exposing our backside to the NCAA), but it's important to not lose the lesson by ignoring the messenger.

TheEffect writes:

Tennessee has become the absolute laughing stock of college sports. It is to the point that it is no longer fun poking at the Vols......they are irrelevant.

CommodoreCapital writes:

Gruden is not coming. Go to bed.

oldster writes:

skyhawk836 writes:

Al Golden, anyone?

OldVols68 writes:

in response to AHOUSE:

The only good thing after this is Kiffin lost again.

Not the only good thing: Oregon lost. Wasn't that happy to see KState lose because Bill Snyder deserves better.

The only problem I got now is which of the two evils is worse? Lane KIffin Beating Notre Dame or Notre Dame winning and getting to the BCS National Championship game?????

BigOrangeSmoker writes:

I think Dooley and Bray should have to walk back to knoxville...why Hart didnt fire Dooley on the spot is beyond me....Bray dont need to play next week for sure.I doubt we can beat Kentucky next week,i just gave my ticket away

mumfordfan writes:

The pathetic, embarrassing situation is systemic and now appears to go much deeper than Dooley. Hart's deafening silence over these last few weeks has been inexcusable. He left the players floundering. He has left the fans floundering. Presumptuous hubris at its worst. All you Georgia (Dooley) and Alabama (Hart & Sunseri) infiltrators need to go back home. Tennessee needs to get over its "little man syndrome" and quit making these small minded hires.

MikeNPS writes:

in response to jacksontnbob:

Hey Dooley! GET OUT! GO AWAY! WE DON'T WANT YOU! ARE YOU DEAF? GO NOW! PLEASE!

That's classy, Jacksontnbob. Really classy.

pingkr62 writes:

in response to Rich_Is_Re-born:

I for one gladly admit I made "slanderous" remarks to you because YOU were making "slanderous" remarks about my Volunteers. And I will continue to do so to anyone who talks bad about them. And if you start talking trash in the future you will get a lot more. So, if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen!

Rumblefish writes:

Nice to see Bray pull the same cr ap today as he did in the Kentucky game last year to avoid going to a lower-tiered meaningless bowl. Who needs the extra practice?--surely not him!!! (sarcasm)

MikeNPS writes:

in response to ULTIMATEVOLUNTEER:

Is there any of you out there that wanted Phil Fulmer fired 4 years ago that can say that it was a good decision? Karma is a you know what....

Yes, firing Fulmer was the right decision. Bad decisions were made in hiring his replacement.

volpreacherman writes:

I'm truly sorry that Coach Dooley could not turn the program around. I believe he is a good man. I'm sorry for our players that this year has turned out so bad for them. I'm sorry for all of us true VOL fans that love our team. But let's remain classy. Coach Dooley has a wife and children that do not deserve to be treated with disrespect. Our players that chose to come to this university over other places deserve to be treated with respect as well. They play for us! I'm a Vol fan through and through and I look forward to better days but let's stay classy. And as always Go Big Orange!!

oldster writes:

in response to pingkr62:

Yes, firing Fulmer was a good decision. This all started in 2008. Tennessee's loss to Wyoming is all the proof that is needed. G.B.O.!!!

No, firing Fulmer was NOT a good decision. The loss to Wyoming occured as a direct result of the firing of Fulmer. The team just quit because they no longer cared. Fulmer did err in much the same way as Tuberville did at Auburn. They both hired offensive co-ordinators to update a stagnant offense and lacked the patience or personel to make the new style work (as most everyone knows, it takes at least two years to make such a drastic offensive switch, e.g. UT to the T from the single wing).

TheEffect writes:

I hear Kentucky has thrown away their entire play book, but for one page......and have picked a receiver to play QB next week.

mumfordfan writes:

in response to MikeNPS:

That's classy, Jacksontnbob. Really classy.

Lack of class is what we saw in Nashville tonight. MikeNPS is having to scream BECAUSE APPARENTLY NO ONE IN UT's IVORY TOWERS IS LISTENING TO US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stooley_Dinks writes:

in response to VOLnChattTown:

Dooley said in the post game interview "I've loved the State of Tennessee and loved the Vols"

I wonder if he got fired before the game and UT just didn't make the announcement!

Dooley is only stupid as a football coach. There have been daily articles on his firing and, even if Hart hasn't told him, he knows. We all know. The players know. The announcers knew. Hart has already failed by not announcing something that we all know. It didn't accomplish anything positive. We may have competed better with an interim. Then the players see the game as an audition for the new guy.

Lets stop talking about Dooley altogether and just talk about our new coach. Time to move on.

MikeNPS writes:

in response to CommodoreCapital:

Welcome aboard and ANCHOR DOWN.

Why would we ever lower ourselves to jump on the Vandy bandwagon. And that "Anchor Down" phrase is one of the dumbest phrases I have ever heard.

TNORANGEDOGDAD writes:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tedstryker1980 writes:

in response to Rich_Is_Re-born:

Agreed. 80% of this board bad mouthed anyone who had the foresight to see that Dooley was a bad, *BAD* hire. Now they are nowhere to be found.

orange_eVOLution writes:

in response to Show-me-your-TDs:

It's official ....Dooley's out of here

It's been official since the Florida game. Now it is official times SEVEN.

pcshowtime writes:

in response to skyhawk836:

Don't know who is going to get it but you're going to hear Al Golden's name.

not griping on you but al golden is another dooley his overall record is 38-45. He maybe different but we can not afford to gamble anymore.

usnavyvolfan__times_free_press_can_shove_it writes:

in response to tedstryker1980:

80% ? REally? Um, no, I'd say less than half, actually. And it's really easy using 20/20 hindsight to say Dooley was a bad hire. If you guys were AD's, you'd fire every new coach after their first loss. I guess "Doolaid drinkers" and "Dooleyphiles," etc, we're perfectly ok phrases to use. Yes, I believe he needs to go now. BUt please stop acting all sanctimonious in saying that only YOU guys endured ridicule. Those of us who DIDN'T support his firing 5 minutes into his tenure got plenty as well. Oh, well, next year, 12-0 baby!!!!!!!!!

CommodoreCapital writes:

in response to MikeNPS:

Is it as dumb as the ceramic dog, Dooley broke out last year? No hating, just jump on board, 2012 NCAA tournament champions, College World Series participant, and soon to be Atlanta Bound bowl game.

ANCHOR DOWN.

pingkr62 writes:

in response to oldster:

Please allow me to correct you. Fulmer was fired AFTER Tennessee lost to Wyoming, not before. And if the team quit, that was Fulmers fault as well. And the reason Tennessee's offense went "stagnate" was because Fulmer kept Randy Sanders as O/C about five years longer than he should have.

ULTIMATEVOLUNTEER writes:

in response to pingkr62:

B.S. the wyoming loss was after the decision was made to fire him. NO way Fulmer lets the program slide this far. It was a terrible decision and everyone knows it.

djohnnyg writes:

Do you any of you see any possibility Dooley remains as coach?

jacksontnbob writes:

in response to MikeNPS:

That's classy, Jacksontnbob. Really classy.

But he still keeps hanging around. Why can't he just go away? You just can't put a shine on a turd.

Rumblefish writes:

in response to pingkr62:

Please allow me to correct you. Fulmer was fired BEFORE the Wyoming game, not after. Get your facts straight. Yes, he finished out the season, but the announcement came before the WY game.

tedstryker1980 writes:

in response to usnavyvolfan__times_free_press_can_shove_it:

Foresight does not equal hindsight. Do you know the difference?

I do not think 12-0 is realistic next year... but you are obviously an optimist if you supported Dooley... and fwiw I hope you are right on that one.

djohnnyg writes:

in response to pingkr62:

Please allow ME to correct YOU.

Check your facts.

Somebody look this up.

I know for sure it was already announced it was his final yr. BEFORE the Wyoming game.

lyafarre writes:

With the near certainty that he'll be fired, I feel sorry for Coach Dooley. But I bet $5 million can buy a lot of Kleenex.

SouthALVol writes:

in response to pingkr62:

And possibly the worse beating by Vandy in 80 years.

1954: VU 26-UT 0.

Worst of all time-1909: VU 51-UT 0.

TheEffect writes:

in response to CommodoreCapital:

ANCHOR DOWN.

2012 NCAA Tournament Champions? In what?? Can't be basketball......that one belongs to The Big Blue.

Show-me-your-TDs writes:

I have 1 inside sources,.... and Dooley will be fired at 10:30 Central Time.... on Monday morning... they said they will mess with it tonight but they will work on it sunday and have everything ready to go by Monday if not before.... this is third hand news to me so who knows

skyhawk836 writes:

in response to pcshowtime:

Oh, I understand. But, he has been contacted.
And, most of that record was while building the Temple program. He can coach.