pcorange writes:

I hope you guys don't misunderstand me when I say Chaney deserves some credit for leading an offense that has put up 38 PPG. Unless it is an emergency hire, I don't want him for head coach. But, to say that he had nothing to do with that 38 pt average is not correct. I'm sure he, like every other coordinator that has ever called a game, has made numerous calls he'd like to have back. Right now, he's got a good unit and he deserves credit for that. I fully understand that a run game and a very good defense are crucial to winning in the SEC. In my humble opinion, there is never an excuse for losing a game in which you have scored 20 or more points. I would prefer a defense that is capable of holding opponents to under 10 points. Offense puts butts in the stands, defense wins ball games.

ashvol7 writes:

in response to VolzsFan:

I am not sure how many more coaches will be 3 and out due to the delusional expectations of this fan base. Phillip did something amazing. What he did was not Tennessee football but the high water mark. Until you all get your expectations in order you will always be unhappy. This is not one of the elite programs. Hart made the remark that it has many historical hurdles. Go tailgate and be happy. The days of 10 wins per year for 16 years is long gone and left with the Hall of Famer. You all wanted this change so enjoy.

When are you Fulmer people going to get over it? He is the very reason we are in this mess, got lazy with his recruiting, play calling was awful. Plus the chief going into his shell when we had the lead (prevent defense) how did that work out for us and you. Should have been fired long before he was. Hope you are enjoying what he did to us in the end. Funny thing no one else wanted him isn't it. Wonder why?

VolinCalif writes:

in response to 6972:

I am wondering when the new dude on block is announced, if he will keep any of this staff or will they all go. What are your thougths? Anyone stay or do they all go?

Footnote: We lack speed but I think I am hearing that we lack good strength. Wonder if the strength coach stays also?

Very good points.

pcorange writes:

in response to vq4nfo:

Would it have helped you and sly_stone99#434111 if there was a sarcasm button on this site? LMAO Dudes it is too early to tailgate for Kentucky.

Lane Kiffen is going to get fired at the end of the season (USC) though.

Well, I thought you were either a comedian or a troll. I'm glad you turned out to be the former. Sorry, dude. I think Kiffin deserves to be fired at USC. Good enough for the dirty b-----.

billwall writes:

Fightin' for 13th place!!! Go Vols!

GerryOP writes:

in response to voodoo101:

Why? Lots of "fans" have said Dooley can't coach; why would they want him at another game. Besides, for Dooley, coaching the KY game is a no winner. If it's a win, it was just KY. If it's a loss, then he lost it intentionally. He's right to avoid the lame duck label and just move on. Consider also that the WY game - played after Fulmer was fired - didn't turn out so well.

Yup voodoo, that's the attitude of our fans. If UT wins, it's because the other time sucked. If we lose, it's because we suck. Just like the above, it's Chaney's offense that is scoring 38 points a game and it's Dooley's defense that is losing the games. But the fans say that they're not being negative, they're being honest! What a bunch of losers.

I agree BTW, give Dooley the day off... He's earned it!

jobrando#216494 writes:

in response to utvols420:

HIRE JIM CHANEY!! seriously.

I'm in if the best they can get is a tier 2 level coach. If it's not a big name then give it to Chaney.

Ironcity writes:

in response to underthehill:

I agree with Chaney that the 13 senoirs will want to win this game and I believe UT will win...but I thought UT would beat Mizzu and thought the Vandy game was a toss up (not a blowout by either) therefore I can not be taken seriously on my predictions..anyway..hoping Bray does not play and Worley quarterbacks the win for the Vols..we'll see...

Its Brays fault. If only he had not come to UT. Where would we be? Well maybe better off because we might have fired Dooley sooner.

wilk58 writes:

I am curious to see the posts from some of you guys next year after oregon and florida whoever the coach is.

ashvol7 writes:

in response to Ironcity:

Has everyone forgotten last years game against Kentucky, Bray and some of his buddies didn't want to go to a lower tier bowl. They played last Saturdays game about like that game. I hope he starts Worley also. I hope Bray leaves and I don't think he is ready, I also don't think Hunter is ready, you don't last long in the NFL dropping passes. I am not so sure that Rogers will not make a better pro than Hunter.He is a good one.

oldvoltimer62 writes:

Escort Chaney to the bus terminal shortly after the clock reads 0:00 final. Ky 100 UT 99 12 OT's.

voodoo101 writes:

in response to GerryOP:

I agree BTW, give Dooley the day off... He's earned it!

Those fans may be honest (or not), but they may also be disappointed. I just read an interesting article that included this quote

"The best way to generate fan interest is ultimately to win," he said. "In my experience, the most critical factor in winning in college sports (or any sport) is obviously overall talent, but also consistency in coaching ... conversely, discontinuity in coaching is a program killer, regardless of talent level."

jt45 writes:

in response to orangecountyvols:

Collier, and fellow real Vol fans,

You said it ! This not-a-Vol/Volzsfan all season has taken negativity, whining, and griping to a new level. He, and Billy-the-kid along with Jeffery-Kremser-GlenFord-Flowers have all made whining and living in the past a negativity work of art.

Yes, these clowns surely must be related to Phil in order to display the lost love of their lives all through the football season.
It's kind of amusing really........to beg for something that's never going to happen again.

We'd say grow up, the lot of you......but apparently.......it's too late for you.

You know, taking cheap shots at Fulmer is just as bad as the Negative junk your replying to. I dont much care for his constant negative opinions, but its also not very respectful to keep blaming the one decent coach the Vols have had in 2 decades. I dont understand how you can have winning seasons 14 out 16, get fired for having a bad season and years later be used as a scapegoat for things not working out. Im amazed that so many fans here in the Vol nation would think this way. Coach Fulmer had a great run and set the tone for alot of Volunteer fans, but now its time for another great coach to bring the Volunteers back to the top. Do we really have point fingers at the old coach when so many other people were pulling the strings on the hill. Hasent that dead horse been beat enough. Its time to move on.

SevenT writes:

Looking forward to Thanksgiving dinner followed by another Tennessee tail whipping.

I believe Joker is planning on running some Wildcat formation with WR Aaron Boyd.

GerryOP writes:

in response to voodoo101:

Oh c'mon voodoo, you aren't going to try to tell these knee-jerk-I-want-wins-and-I-want-'em-now naysaying negaVols that they are wrong are you? I think it's gonna be fun. The 1st year whoever we hire is going to be the savior, the second year, inflated expectations start being shattered, and the 3rd year it will be back to the torches and pitchforks every three years again ... and again ... and again.

Even now, they're demanding a proven, sure fire winner to return us to greatness. I afear that the 3-year cycle above is the closest we will get to greatness for quite a few years. Oh ... well.

Orangeblood13 writes:

in response to VolzsFan:

the only change we want is for you to stfu and leave the site. That would be great. Fulmer was great, that time is gone. If you think for one minute that this isn't an elite program, you're dumber than you sound.

GerryOP writes:

in response to SevenT:

With Sunseri back in control of the defense, it should be ... well ... entertaining or ...maybe ... comical.

Clad_In_Big_Orange writes:

in response to VolzsFan:

Your clearly not aware of the fact that Tennessee is one of the top 10 winningest programs of all time. If this ranking isn't an elite qualification to you then what is?

claiborneh writes:

Make Sunseri offensive coordinator!
When he is playcalling, the ball really moves down the field!

6972 writes:

in response to claiborneh:

Make Sunseri offensive coordinator!
When he is playcalling, the ball really moves down the field!

That's hilarious....no wait, that is sad.

tnoutlaw2001#228008 writes:

in response to GerryOP:

Yup, here we go! Chaney has been the HC for roughly 28 hours and the Vol faithful are already trashing him. That's the way our fans are. Without something to complain about they'd be lost.

Yeah, sure, proven winning coaches are lining up outside the front door just begging to be our coach and take this kind of abuse from the fans. What a bunch of losers.

Our defense is tired of his 3 and out, and throw bombs to score points philosophy they would like to sit down an breath for once.

Just go look at how many 1000 rushers UT has has and then compare the QB stats, even Peyton knew he had to run the ball, Chaney has never figured out what a run game is in football.

This year and last the UT QB threw it over 40 plus times in over half the games, I think that happens at other SEC maybe twice a year.

Yeah with receivers like Hunter, Patterson and last year Rogers you can do that and put up big numbers, but you will not win many games, just examine that record.

6972 writes:

Just checked the ESPN odds site: Tn by 14. Wonder if they think Sal was fired also? Oh well, it's time for the defense to suck it up and help the offense out. Good luck...we may need it.....again.

pingkr62 writes:

in response to VolzsFan:

I think you have struck a nerve with several people, including myself. Maybe you need a history lesson regarding Tennessee Football. We all say stupid things from time to time. I can say this for myself as well. G.B.O.!!! :):)

pingkr62 writes:

in response to GerryOP:

At least we don't have Derrick Dooley to kick around anymore.

UKblue02 writes:

Watch out vol fans the juggernaut that is UK football invades big orange country this weekend, vols can expect to see an exhibition of footieball like no other, after laying a smackdown on the mighty samford team we have truely arrived at elite status...(sarcasm is my best talent)

underthehill writes:

in response to UKblue02:

Will it draw more fans than the Ky-Vandy game..

Shake_Bake writes:

in response to mbible1utk#324980:

Here's the criteria for our coaching search. A top recruit sits on one side of a table. On the other side of the table sit Nick Saban, Les Miles, Will Muschamp, Chip Kelly, Bob Stoops, Brian Kelly, and Lane Kiffin. There's an empty seat with an Orange "T" on the side of the table with other coaches. Who do we get to fill that seat that could compete against those names? Nick Saban has all these NCAA titles, as does Les Miles. Will Muschamp can boast about what he's done in only two years at Florida. Chip Kelly and Bob Stoops have kept consistently good teams that are always near the top of the rankings. Brian Kelly and Lane Kiffin will present their prestiguous programs... so what can Tennessee put out there so that when we get a recruit, we're beating out Alabama, USC, LSU, and Florida for them instead of Vanderbilt, Kentucky, and Duke? We need to think about that. Everyone saying Jon Gruden will cost too much... if we're going to get out of this hole, we need to stop competing with Vandy for recruits and start stealing them from Alabama. Who can we put in that seat who can outshine those guys? How about a guy with a Super Bowl ring whose input is valued by ESPN so much so that they would have him color-commentating them? Nick Saban was an NFL bust. Who would have a better idea of what it takes to be NFL talent? A guy who has won a Super Bowl, or one that took off running from the Dolphins?

Great Post!!! Agree 100%. I don't know if we can get Gruden or not,...but I sure hope we try!!

joevol33 writes:

in response to vq4nfo:

Rumors have Lane Kiffen being fired at the end of USC's season. Why not give him another chance to redem himself? If not then we do need to get Phillip back. Or promote Sal to head coach and get a new DC. Or get the Kentucky coach that was fired or Auburn's coach when he gets fired. No rush. It will give the posters a chance to vent for a few more months and give the recruits a chance to change their minds.

That's why it's not good to listen to rumor's on the internet and actually watch the new's. Before UT announced sunday that dooley was fired, I mean by about 8 am sunday morning, the usc AD released a statement saying kiffin would be the coach at usc in 2013. That was first thing on sport's center sunday morning.

underthehill writes:

in response to GerryOP:

OP.. it is out of character for you to make a critical comment about the Vols..and let me say it appears you were right that Dooley would have got another year if UT had beat Vandy and Ky..the 83% who thought he was gone before Vandy (including me) apparently were wrong due to lack of funds in the UT ath dept..

UKblue02 writes:

in response to underthehill:

Will it draw more fans than the Ky-Vandy game..

I'd say not...and thats not sarcasm...lol

voodoo101 writes:

in response to GerryOP:

I know - mission impossible. Maybe there will be luck - one guy who gets canned manages to set up a pretty good team for the next guy in. The next guy has some talent and wins - or maybe pulls a Chizik and gets lucky. Something like a straight man setting up a comedian. Otherwise, the carousel will end when the AD eventually runs out of other people's money for salaries and payouts.

There was another article today about how coaches used to get four years to get the program going - that gave him a final season playing guys he recruited. The author's thought is we are in or getting to a one and done mode. That means costs and salaries will skyrocket. Who knows; maybe this is the beginning of the end for college sports.

TNVOLNTX writes:

in response to pingkr62:

At least we don't have Derrick Dooley to kick around anymore.

Really? CPF and CLK are still getting kicked around on this site, so I'm guessing Dooley will be soundly booted for at least a decade.

Clarkrm0706 writes:

in response to TNVOLNTX:

Glad someone said this.

GerryOP writes:

in response to voodoo101:

I will always wonder how Derek Dooley and Dave Hart would have done without the fans and the press running around with torches and pitchforks. I really believe that Hart was doing everything in his power to keep Dooley, but the fan and press pressure got to Dooley and he just folded. It's easy to say that pressure goes with the job, but the nonsense we saw over the past few weeks was way over the top. And I really don't believe that firing Dooley was the answer. Probably just the beginning of a more miles of really bad road.

Geofffourmyle writes:

in response to GerryOP:

Dooley wouldn't have done any different less the fans and media.

He was always a fraud and loser who advanced based on his last name.

Now he has a big bag of UT cash to assuage his getting fired. Sweet. For him.

Walt

UT '81

HopeisNotaCourseofAction writes:

OK enough with the Chaney and his "38 points per game" BS.

We scored 51 against ga st who is 1-10, 47 vs akron who is 1-10 and 55 vs troy who is 5-6, 48 vs mo (5-6) in - 4 OT!

Only team we scored over 35 pts that is ranked was uga. We scored 20 vs uf, 13 vs ua and 18 vs commodes.

So please stop with the "we are so prolific with our offense and Chaney is such an offensive guru."

He's runs it up against the cupcakes, what in the he!! is so great about that? Big scores against two 1-10 teams that pulls that average way up and then the other cupcake troy (should be for an SEC team anyway) game.

His play calling in the big games sucked. And he's been coaching 30 years and "has no idea what a HC does". Really, that is refreshing. Any ADs looking for a HC - did you read that? Believe DD, Curly and Chaney are all 3 perfect examples of "The Peter Principle." Google it - employees tend to rise to their level of incompetence.

Good grief, send him packin' Sunday and take Curly too.