arkyvol writes:

after the trashing by hamilton and dooley, it's a ucla, maryland, iowa level job and sinking fast. getting rid of orange pants helped.

formervol1950s writes:

in response to eprahm:

Good article!

Concur

Couchdummy writes:

in response to 15_counting:

Everyone just relax! Hart will get it right this time. In a couple of years Tennessee will be right back in the mix. As a Bama fan I sympathize with you guys and all these coaching changes (been there done that). I was shocked to hear Tennessee had 12 presidents since 2000. There lies the problem. However, it sounded like in Harts press conference he had full support of the current president. I have no clue who Hart will tap as the next head coach but it will be the right man for the job. His reputation and career are riding on it!

Here's an early "Welcome Back"

Roll Tide!

Classy post! Even rivals like NCAA football better when there is strength and competitiveness in the other conference teams.

brod writes:

what is funny to me is this. i always hear that we have to recruit nationally, but i see players from outside of florida on florida's team all of the time. percy harvin, and several other lineman. mathew stafford isn't from georgia, but yet he played for georgia. we are not the only program that recruits nationally. yes, the numbers are better for blue chippers in florida and georgia, but there are three big time programs in florida that compete with each other, 4 if you include south florida, who is really trying hard to be a good team. tennessee recruits more regionally than nationally, and that is not as hard as what the press is saying. bottom line...it's not that hard to recruit at ut. that is a bunch of bs.

underthehill writes:

in response to 15_counting:

Here's an early "Welcome Back"

Roll Tide!

As a bama fan I can understand your joy of Hart being the UT AD..pardon me if I ain't as excited as you are about it..but I do think you are correct in stating he seems to have the full support of our current incompetent school president..I really don't think your sympathy is sincere..I think you and all bama fans are laughing your ..off and I am thinking about joining you to keep from being a cry baby...

Coach_K writes:

in response to brod:

Your right, except there is some damm good instate talent. The problem is we just haven't been able to land them. Some the best players in the country come out of TN ie:Golden Tate, Donta' Hightower, Randal Cobb, etc. The longer we fall off the map, the harder it is to get those guys. They haven't grown up watching the Vols dominate. We will get back on track and start to turn the corner. It just needs to happen quickly or else the road gets harder.

Vol86 writes:

in response to bigorangesux:

Of course it is; that's why Dooley took it (when no one else would) and is leaving with a $5million parting gift.

Very simple, we were not willing to pay the price back than, but we will have to this time. If we do not go big we will be in for a long struggle. Home run or who cares. A bad hire will make us a Miami.

ournextguest writes:

in response to DeltaCharlie3:

Ron Zook! Throw whatever he's asking plus $500,000 on the table and dare him to decline!

Listen...theyre calling your name to begin your lobotomy. Gator dunghead

BigBadVol writes:

in response to Vol86:

I'm afraid we are already Miami.

jmaples54 writes:

in response to stout40GOBIGORANGE:

Adams is an idiot. Tennessee is a top 5 job and with its tradition and history,its higher than that.

wow. 37 posts before someone calls adams an idiot. do you think you could respond to an article that most others think is accurate without the name-calling? i won't lower myself to your level, but if i did, seems like you're the idiot.

jmaples54 writes:

in response to rainbow6:

Yes Tennessee is a top 20 program but is shackled to a loser for an AD and a worthless rag for a News Paper .
I read recently where the sports editor was advocating a riot if Dooley wasn't fired .....immediately.
How professional is that?

i hope you're a troll and not a tennessee fan. you make us look illiterate. adams uses satire-- look it up in the dic-shun-ary.

OwensboroVol writes:

in response to 15_counting:

Here's an early "Welcome Back"

Roll Tide!

I think you are correct. As a Tennessee Alumnus I cannot understand why We don't have a Tennessee Man in that Presidents seat. As someone who Adopted the State of Alabama as my home state, I know the pride that the people there take with their football programs, but also in the other positions within the State Schools. As only an Alabama native can understand the Alabama Program only a true Tennessee Graduate can understand the Tennessee Program. We currently have a Florida Man in charge of our school. I don't like it, I don't like it at all. Behind Enemy lines for 20 years!

VolnTex writes:

in response to Orangethrunthru:

Having played their first season in 1891, the Vols have amassed a successful tradition for well over a century, with their combined record of 794-349-52 ranking them ninth on the list of all-time winningest major college programs as well as second on the list of winningest SEC programs. Their all-time ranking in bowl appearances is third (49) and sixth in all-time bowl victories. They boast six national titles in their history and their last national championship was in the 1998 college football season. Glen just who the heck do yu think you are??? Who died and left you the right to determine who is insignificant??? I would suggest that your "bantar" is worthless dribble and that you nor anyone else has the right to dispurge the accomplishments of those who gave their all for Tennessee.

Exactly where did you copy the information you pasted? I'm not arguing the truth of it, but it's obvious where the plagiarized part ends and your part begins. Work on your spelling and grammar a little bit before you start insulting other people.

FishtailCove writes:

All this mess goes back to Fulmer's firing...the only UT coach to win an undisputed national championship except Neyland. It is all Mike Hamilton and KNS's John Adams fault. They went after Fulmer and got him and look at the mess you are in now. Hamilton is gone...time the KNS got rid of Adams so UT can really start over.

us43137415#376444 writes:

in response to rocky_topper:

Too bad it isn't a top 20 program.

If it were a top 20 program, we wouldn't need a new coach.

DUH.

pcorange writes:

in response to bigorangesux:

Please go away. This is not about you or your little sissy team, whoever it is. Dooley ended up here because our drunk former AD wouldn't offer up enough loot to get a real coach. I'm confident that won't be a problem this time. It takes money to make money.

pcorange writes:

in response to 9willbesofine:

I guess like your 108th ranked offense. Get ready to get your butts handed to you by FSU.

Georgia 17
Florida 9

Still laughing over that one. 9 points against a porous defense like UGA's? "OH, MYYYY!"

pcorange writes:

in response to 15_counting:

Here's an early "Welcome Back"

Roll Tide!

Good post, and I appreciate that. Alabama gives me hope for Tennessee considering it hasn't been that long ago that you guys were in this shape (well, maybe not hardly this bad). Made a good hire in Nick Saban, the recruits started coming, the cash started pouring in, and suddenly that big salary was a very smart investment. That is the lesson UT has to learn from all of this, cheap coach equals losing program. Again, thanks for the good wishes. I, for one, am glad to see Bama and Notre Dame reclaim their places in college football, and I am definitely ready to join you there.

spvol writes:

in response to Tau_of_Tennessee:

Good point! I spent last summer in Oklahoma City/Norman. Knoxville is like nirvana in comparison.

I have pondered what a Dan Mullin or Mullin clone could do with UT resources.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

pcorange writes:

in response to brod:

That is 100% right. Fulmer recruited numerous top 5 classes in his 17 years here. It wasn't that the SEC was pitifully weak, it was that he was the coach that was winning and putting players in the NFL. That is what recruits are looking for, not conversations about bamboo. You have to win with what you've got, then the recruiting will start to take care of itself. It will not necessarily take a big name coach, but it will take a solid coach who is competent in building a program around what he has right now. A big name, like Saban at Alabama, will make it happen faster just because of his name recognition, but the big name isn't a necessity. We'll just have to wait a little bit longer for the underdog wins to start gaining attention and landing the 5* and 4* players.

SummerfieldVol writes:

Ok John who do you want to get the job? We say who we want, but the press never prints who they want or why they believe this would be a good fit.

LaneBrains writes:

in response to 9willbesofine:

When Hammy brought us in, we recruited the #1 player in the U.S., and beat UGA (our major focus)...and clearly positioned the team to compete with 'Bama, Fla, SC and appear in the Conf. Championship games and New Year's Day games. Haslem and Dooley messed it up.

CLK, Monte and Ed

OklaVOL writes:

in response to asleep#212036:

We don't know who might have wanted the job if the money had been right. Hamilton was an accountant and didn't have Hart's fortitude to address all the financial issues with Dr. Cheek and company, choosing rather to live inside very restrictive financial boundaries with his coaching search. Had Cheek given him (though he didn't ask) the apparent open checkbook he's giving Hart, who knows? Of course, things weren't as glum back then off an 8-5 Kiffin year and a Chik-Fil-A bowl appearance. I think the Dooley era will help us get our coach of the future. Richt followed Donnan, Miles followed Dinardo, Meyer followed Zook, Saban followed Shula...well, we get the picture. Had Dooley not changed the defense and had we subsequently won 9 or more games, guess who would have gotten a big raise and an extension? Does anyone think Dooley could ever have taken us to a NC? How about an SEC championship trophy? The East? My point is that Dooley is a good coach but to win at Tennessee in 2013 and beyond, we will need a great coach. His three year fumble may turn out to be a turning point we couldn't have reached otherwise. Write the check Dr. Cheek! Go Vols!!!

Kiffin was 7-6. Let's keep our facts straight. He LOST his bowl game.

pcorange writes:

in response to andforhisnexttune:

The football program IS Tennessee athletics. Football funds the athletics department. We haven't struggled financially in decades until recently. Restore football, the financial problems will go away. As far as the buyouts, don't let Dr. Cheek kid you, they had that worked out before they pulled the trigger.

fur_burglar writes:

in response to scvols:

All it takes is the right coach. With the right coach we will be playing for the east in two years and playing for a NC in four. But remember when we hired Dooley, no one wanted it.

No one, except Kevin Sumlin

Lizardgrad89 writes:

You guys are killing me with the "UT is a top 5 program" stuff.

Ok, UT has a nice stadium/facilities, a big alumni base, and a good sized athletic budget. But, uou can't be a top 5 program unless you are located in a recruiting hotbed, like California, Texas, Louisiana, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Ohio. Unless you are Notre Dame, of course.

Schools that clearly rank above UT (in no particular order):

Nebraska
Oregon
Florida State
South Carolina
Clemson
Stanford

So I would say UT is probably somewhere around 15, give or take. But that's how adults see it, and that's the REAL problem.

The recruits don't remember back when UT was good. UT has very little home-grown talent, and the kids in other states just see UT as some lower division East school. Don't get mad, the kids only remember back about 5 years, so for them, those 5 years are the total reality. This makes recruiting tough. Kids who want to stay home will stay home, the kids who want to travel usually are looking for something high profile-the mercenary type. Convincing these kids that UT is a high-profile team is going to be tough.

My personal opinion is that from about the 1970's onward, UT has been using the "we're good because we're good" recruiting pitch. But now you aren't good. So what will you use to woo the best kids there? It's a catch-22. I really doubt UT will ever again be a major player in college football. That's just IMHO.

15_counting writes:

in response to underthehill:

You have a right to feel as you wish. However I never said I wish we were losing to Tennessee every other year or so. Obviously I never want to lose to UT again. However I do remember the long way back from numerous coaching changes and wish that on no team (except Auburn). You are simply wrong in regards to my "laughing my ..off". Furthermore I couldn't care less if Hart is you AD or not. He is in my opinion much better than the genius he replaced however!

JCJ1986 writes:

in response to Lizardgrad89:

You guys are killing me with the "UT is a top 5 program" stuff.

Schools that clearly rank above UT (in no particular order):

Nebraska
Oregon
Florida State
South Carolina
Clemson
Stanford

Unreal. I actually agree with the Lizard fan. Seriously, do you think big-time high school players care how many national championships UT won in the 50s? Easy. No. All they know is UT hasn't been good or relevant since they were at least in middle school.

Tennessee is a great job, but only a true homer thinks we're sniffing anywhere near top-10 status.

asleep#212036 writes:

in response to Orangethrunthru:

Before 1934 there was no such thing as a "national title" because there was no consensus national group voting. Various indices and regional polls are silly. By definition a national championship must be a vote among people [coaches (UPI then SI, or sports writers (AP)] from all areas of the country and until 1934 no such vote was taken. Once the AP started their NATIONAL poll, then teams could claim a NATIONAL championship. It's really that simple. No more than Bama has 13 NC's, we don't have six. Since 1934 we have two, 1951 and 1998. That's it. Claiming more than that based on some individual's index of calculated strength or some local/regional paper's or radio station's opinion is not only illogical, it smacks of Bama BS - not letting the facts get in the way of a good story. Please fellow Vols, we are better than that, no matter who gave what for our Vols. Go Vols!!!

Ayres_Hall writes:

If you had the money to hire Jon Gruden, would you actually hire him? Or would you go after Jim Harbaugh or Pete Carroll, instead?

All the talk about "not spending the money" is silly talk. Phillip Fulmer was one of the top paid head coaches in 2008. Kiffin was well paid. Dooley was over paid.

The Tennessee football program is a Top 10 program. I'm not so sure the head coach job is Top 10.

asleep#212036 writes:

in response to born2ride:

We will not spend the money needed to get Gruden or a big name coach.

Most likely we will end up with a mid major coach or an assistant.

I have no issue with a mid-major guy. Meyer (Bowling Green to Utah, Tressel (Youngstown State to Ohio State), and Saban (Toledo to Michigan State) all came right out of the mid-majors and all three are pretty good coaches. It's just that that's a bit riskier and I'm calling these guys great hires in hindsight - not sure what people thought at the time. And from what we've seen and heard from Hart, it appears even the tightwads at the top are finally tired of losing. If so, they way to respectability once more is paved with cash, and lots of it.....We'll see. Go Vols!!!

asleep#212036 writes:

in response to FWBVol:

Actually Miles followed Saban at LSU when Saban bolted for the Dolphins.

Yeah, I remembered that right after I posted. Argument still good though, Saban for Dinardo? I'd take that every time... Go Vols!!!

asleep#212036 writes:

in response to OklaVOL:

Kiffin was 7-6. Let's keep our facts straight. He LOST his bowl game.

Fair enough -I've tried to block all things Kiffin from my mind. Still, the program didn't seem so desperate at that point. We had, I think, 4 SEC wins, including the Halloween win over Spurrier, and he had recruited what, at the time, was a great class. Of course, he bolted, the great class either quit, failed out, or got arrested, and we had to hire the only guy who would take the job for the money Hamilton was allowed to offer. Boy, have we paid in spades for that! Go Vols!!!

chinarobert writes:

Just DO NOT hire Petrino. The guy is a bum.

chinarobert writes:

in response to DwayneElizondoMountainDewHerbertCamacho:

"Coaches probably would add more schools to the list, especially when they consider that Dooley had only three years to turn around the program."

This is such a B.S. argument. Dooley had three years to show PROGRESS, not win an SEC championship or the BCS or totally turn around the Vols. Any serious coaching candidate can see that Dooley was given more than enough time and that he squandered it. He lost his staff. He implemented an extremely complex defensive scheme in a year when he had the offense to win close games (not to mention that he was on the hot seat). He alienated players, former players, and recruits. He lost his team at the end of 2011. His post game press conferences were nothing more than excuse festivals and strange discussions on topics such as horticulture and shower discipline. His play calling in close games was either cowardly, illogical, or almost designed for failure.

Dooley set his own chair on fire. Let's not act like Dave Hart is at fault because he put the fire out too quickly. Any rational and sane coaching candidate will see that Dooley was in over his head and was given enough time to prove that he was more than a WAC coach with a career losing record.

IF Hart hires a proven winner, I have faith that the fans will weather the assuredly tough times ahead. If Hart hires another experiment or a Rich Rodriguez type, then the fans will (justifiably) demand quick results.

Rich Rodriquez is a GREAT coach and proving it again at Arizona, which is a great place to live and coach. Someone as good as him would be wonderful.

HighPlainsVol writes:

in response to volbike:

If we keep fumbling around Peyton will be retiring in about 3 more years and so will Saban.

I bet PM would give his eye teeth to coach at UT, maybe for free. He certainly won't need the money. He will need something foot ball related.
I think his reputation and sincerity would make him one of the greatest recruiters of all time.

I'll take that bet. Peyton will use his great personality and communication skill in the broadcast arena. He will get a top job in the studio or broadcast booth and he will be great--much better than Aikman Simms, and Gruden.

in response to fur_burglar:

No one, except Kevin Sumlin

I wish we had gotten Sumlin before; if they had fired Dooley after the Kentucky debacle, we might have gotten him then.

(In the interest of full disclosure, I was not in favor of firing Dooley at that time. With all the returning talent they had this year, I thought they would be ready to make a move. I didn't imagine that the defense would be so bad or that Dooley's run of incredibly bad luck would get worse. I was not pleased with some of the bad decisions he made in game management, but I thought he would learn from his mistakes.)

I doubt Sumlin would leave Texas A&M after only one year with the team he has now, including next year's likely Heisman winner. I'm afraid the Sumlin train has left the station, or will remain at College Station, if you will.

I think the only chance the Vols have of getting well quick is to open the vault for a big-time hire. I don't know what it would take for some of the top dogs to consider us, but going cheap again will mean football irrelevancy for the foreseeable future.

MathMan1973 writes:

Based on the pressure and unrealistic expectations by the sidewalk alumni, what current head coach in his right mind would sign up to coach this "train wreck" called UT football? I have followed UT football for 50+ years. I remember the Doug Dickey and Johnny Major days...When UT pushed Johnny Majors out and replaced him with Phil Fulmer, it may have been a good football decision; however, it lacked class. IMHO, the handling and unceremonious dismissal of Fulmer and Dooley with the Kiffin debacle sandwiched between them would cause any respectable head coach to steer clear of UT. Get ready for a Petrino type hire...Like CDD, you would have to beg anyone else to take the job...

in response to Ayres_Hall:

Best I recall, Fulmer was about the fourth-highest paid coach in the SEC in 2008. Kiffin got about half what Fulmer made. Dooley was about the same, around the $2mil/yr mark. So no, UT has never paid top dollar since Fulmer. They will likely have to go over the $4mil/yr mark to get anybody who can make a big move in a year or two, if indeed anybody can do that here now.

MathMan1973 writes:

in response to JCJ1986:

If you are talking facilities, UT is probably In the top 20 nation wide...if you are talking athletic vision, leadership and TRUE SUPPORT for the football program and next steps, UT administration may be in the bottom 20 nation wide!

asleep#212036 writes:

in response to johnlg00:

It seems Fulmer was behind Meyer, Saban, and Miles, about even with Tuberville at around $3.4 million/yr plus some incentives. Considering his winning percentage and a NC, that wasn't unreasonable (relatively, of course). USA Today had an article today about the salaries of all the D-1 coaches. The Big 12 passed the SEC in average salary this year and yes, from looking through the list, most any experienced winner we would want is gonna run at least $3.5 million/yr. Some would require $4 million or more. That's a lot of scratch but unfortunately, if we want to run with the big dogs, we're gonna have to get off the financial porch. Here's hoping Hart has a blank check (within reason) to get the right man for the job. If not, UT football may be headed down a road no reasonable amount of money can fix. Go Vols!!!

jbc writes:

Gary Patterson
TCU
6-4
16th defense

Navaloranges writes:

in response to MathMan1973:

First of all you don't know squat if you actually believe UT's facilities are only in the top 20. Reading your posts, I see that all you do is trash UT. So if you hate UT so bad, what are you doing here? If not for ATTENTION, then for what?

UT has a history of having great "athletic vision". It is absolutely true that a top program might have down turns, but it will return to the top. After Dooley proved he couldn't cut it, the UTAD will react by paying up for a coach. As much as some of you Trolls would like for UT to remain in the woods, we WON'T.

Obviously the University just made a move to free up money to pay for a good coach, and they will. Gruden is your, and the rest of the Whiners/Trolls/Posers, worst nightmare. A coach that will re-unite the fanbase, and that almost unquestionably will be able to get us BACK in the mix quickly.

The only folks that will trash Gruden will be the chronic whiners and the gator trolls. I don't know what gvx will do for the hit count if he does get hired, and we can almost all agree on something. The fanbase would be united like we were in the late 90's, and UT WOULD back in their rightful place, and you'd just have to deal with it like a grown up.

tenndave writes:

IF Bobby the Liar Petrino is in the mix, I will have to start rooting for ALA. or FLA. No on second thought just shoot myself. He and Lane Kiffin are from the same mold. Find a good high school coach if he is the only choice.

wmaze24 writes:

If it is a top notch job we will know by the quality and number of coaches that are interested.
If we could get Stoops from Oklahoma how would waiting till after the bowl games affect recruiting. And could it have some good coach not available.

pcorange writes:

in response to Lizardgrad89:

You guys are killing me with the "UT is a top 5 program" stuff.

Schools that clearly rank above UT (in no particular order):

Nebraska
Oregon
Florida State
South Carolina
Clemson
Stanford

I guess you would've said the same thing about Alabama prior to Nick Saban's arrival there. Everybody pretty much had your little sissy team with the ugliest stadium in the history of college football marked off as done during the Zook era. It doesn't take long at all to get back up when you've got the right man leading your team. You guys got Meyer. Bama got Saban. Notre Dame got Kelly (and they were much worse than Tennessee is right now before he took over. Front Butt made a mess out of that program.) I know you are just a typical mullet clad Florida butt wipe trying to poke your juvenile fun at us while we're down. Florida wasn't relevant in any way until 1989 when Spurrier came back. In the early to mid eighties, everyone thought Miami was building a dynasty. How has that been looking lately? You guys have one of the worst offenses in the entire country. Thankfully for you, the defense is pretty stingy. However, having to struggle to beat UL Lafayette in the final seconds on a lucky play and getting held to 9 points in a loss to Georgia makes me think you guys are pretty over-rated. Florida was pretty good mid-season, but they've gone downhill since and stand a good chance of getting spanked by FSU. Now that I've rambled on, the point I'm trying to make is that football is cyclical. We're down right now, Bama is up. 10 years ago it was the other way around and we had beat Bama several years in a row and most people thought Bama was a thing of the past. This state, UT fans, UT donors, and the administration from the governor on down are committed to seeing this program return to relevance, and it will. Hide and watch.

pcorange writes:

in response to tenndave:

I hope they are just talking Petrino to throw everybody off the trail. If they are stupid enough to hire him, they'll get what they asked for. He is Lane Kiffin 2. No loyalty to anybody. Ditches teams every time he sees something he likes better. Ditches his wife when he sees something he likes better. Lies to his bosses. Yeah, he's a pretty good coach, but we don't need another flash in the pan that lingers 4 or 5 more years in the form of NCAA sanctions. This needs to be done right, no excuse for hiring a Bobby Petrino and letting Arkansas run off with Gruden. If we don't get Gruden, I'd like to know it was because he's chosen the NFL or staying on MNF and not that we didn't try hard enough.

Shooting myself isn't an option, I've become fairly accustomed to breathing and I think I'll stick with it, Lord willing. I can stomach Bama better than Florida. I absolutely hate Florida. Sorriest fans in the history of sporting. I love Tennessee. The only way I have any say at all is to just withhold what little financial support I'm able to give if Petrino is the man. I'd rather go back to losing under Dooley as to have a POS like him leading the Vols.

asleep#212036 writes:

in response to MathMan1973:

Johnny Majors deserved better treatment and Fulmer's botched dismissal I'll give you but I saw absolutely nothing improper about Dooley's firing. We just got trampled by Vandy for gosh sakes, our Vols rolling over like a trained dog. No bowl, a third consecutive losing season, historically bad defense, three years of missed opportunity on top of missed opportunity - he was done and everybody, including the players and the coaches, knew it. There was no reason whatsoever to postpone the obvious - it would have been laughable to pretend he was going to be around next year. It was Dooley's choice not to coach the Kentucky game and make it a bit stinky. I live in the midst of Bama/Auburn country, far away from Knoxville, and to a man every one of them agreed with both the action and it's timing. In fact, the Auburn folks are bemoaning the fact that they have to wait until Dec. 1 on Chizik so they can save a couple million dollars of buyout. Unfortunately, in big-time college football the days of "respectable" coaches have long since passed my friend - they are simply mercenaries, hired to the highest bidder, and with egos to match their ridiculous salaries. Put the right number on the check and getting the next guy won't be a problem at all. But like in times past, I'm just not convinced Cheek will let Hart put a big enough number, the very reason we got CDD to start with. Go Vols!!!

MathMan1973 writes:

in response to Navaloranges:

Everything that you state is based on the past AD's and past UT accomplishments...If you choose to view and talk about the past that is your call and choice...I want UT to hire the best coach that they can; however, IMHO I believe that the current AD will not be able to draw or beg a top name and caliber head coach to UT. The next coach will probably be Petrino or someone of his caliber.

asleep#212036 writes:

in response to MathMan1973:

I don't disagree MathMan that Hart's job is a daunting one. It's the toughest conference in the land, each division having more good teams than most conferences. We are hiring our 4th coach in 5 years and coming off a historically bad season. We have to recruit nationally and our athletic department was, until today, so shackled by the academic side of the university so as to make it almost impossible for us to compete. I get all that. But I don't believe that the job is so scary that nobody will be interested. We were an average defense away from 9-3 and our last two recruiting classes were solid by anybody's standards. We have upgraded our facilities and have secured a commitment from our chancellor to help our athletic department become more financially competitive with our SEC brethren. I'm not a "hire Gruden at all costs" fan nor do I believe we should hock Neyland Stadium to get Bob Stoops, Jimbo Fisher, or any other established superstar. I'm also dubious of Petrino and I think Hart's emphasis on integrity in the next coach says volumes about that issue. I think there are plenty of successful mid-major guys (like Tressel, Saban, or Meyer) and/or good BCS coaches who have won everywhere they've been (Tuberville, Fedora, Patterson, Peterson) who would be interested in giving the SEC a shot. Like I've said before, the most successful programs in the SEC don't try and build winners, they hire guys who've already won. In Kiffin and Dooley, Hamilton tried to build. Hart plans on buying the finished product. It will happen, Hart has been around enough big programs to know the deal. Keep the faith my friend. Go Vols!!!