orangecountyvols writes:

in response to GlennFordsFoible:

Hey troll,

Normally, you just throw out your whiny comments, then run.........hence that's why you're the road side bomber. Interesting, now that the season is over and you have nothing else to cry about, you have finally taken time to see what others think of your idiotic posts. Kids? So very funny. Most of the names you've mentioned have been behind the Vols long before Richmond was embarrassed to call you his brother. We know you've been the biggest whiner on this site........always being banned and allowed back in with yet another screen name.

Some of the great Vol players, Karl Kremser, and Glenn Ford..........two we know of whom you've waged your insane jealousy against inasmuch as to stick their names in with your screen name. You being a coward.........would never approach them to tell them your garbage.

Tell you what troll, you along with your partners, such as the 45 Revolver are firing blanks. The legitimate Vol fans want a quality coach to come in........in spite of your twisted thinking. If by chance you ever went to a game, is there a troll section for you and your 'partners' such as Volszfan, Billy the Kid, rtr chatter, ArkyVol, Walt etc? We can hear it now, the great multitude would be rooting for the Vols to win, and your kind would be pulling for the opposition..........just to get rid of a coach of whom you were most jealous. You got your wish. Now what do you do? You're like a fish out of the water...........no one to fire now.

The rest of us Vols want the team to succeed.
We'd be quite curious to see how you would be running things. That would be hilarious. You are the epitome of negativity.

Clearly, your calling anyone a kid is very, very funny. A total stranger could come along and read these posts during the past season and he'd soon see who the kid is.

pingkr62 writes:

in response to dvhill100:

I would love to see Patterson from TCU. Beat Texas (16th ranked), is a defensive coach, and has done brilliantly in the last several years. We could ( and have) do worse.

I like seeing ANYONE beat texas (yes, I meant to spell in lower case) Mac Brown is the most over rated coach in college football. I hope he has a long career at texas. G.B.O.!!!

pingkr62 writes:

in response to GlennFordsFoible:

And YOU are one of these dunces you think you are smarter than. By the way, you mis-spelled Confederacy. DUNCE!!!

pingkr62 writes:

in response to Flyfisherman:

I wouldn't trust the Zooker in an outhouse with a muzzle on. That playbook faxing, slinking out of Knoxville in the middle of the night shifty son of a gun...

I think Jack Sells was the former U.T. assistant that was caught faxing our play book to Spurrier. Just saying.

gerwmor writes:

I know it would be controversial which UT does not need. But I am thinking Jim Tressel. He is a proven head coach of a major program. I know he brings baggage and NCAA issues, but I also have a sense that he is not the type of person to make the same mistakes twice. Maybe it is the sweater vests. But let's face it, unless UT can get Gundy, Fisher, or Patterson, the ranks look thin. And they all have good jobs.

Clarkrm0706 writes:

in response to pingkr62:

He mispelled "fatasize" also but I don't do the grammar police thing because I often make typos. I can't even imagine the added chances of a typo occuring when all of your posts are around the 1000 word mark. I do believe however, that extremely long posts show the inability to make a point. (See his and 45s conversation, whew)

pingkr62 writes:

in response to Clarkrm0706:

Yes, I know. My grammar or spelling isn't exactly 100% either. I took advantage of the opportunity, considering the source.

Clarkrm0706 writes:

in response to pingkr62:

I understand. Everytime I have read one of his posts claiming to always be right, I remember him declaring that we would lose to NC State and would not even be in contention with GA. He prefers to omit those predictions. Of course he can given that he must change screen names every couple of months.

pingkr62 writes:

in response to Clarkrm0706:

It must take a "special" talent to be so long winded and correct all the time.

vol2thewall writes:

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! some of you people are crazy!
For one lets stop these rumors, Seeing Jon Gruden everywhere in knoxville is like seeing Santa on Independence day. I'm not saying he will not be our coach, Anything is possable. He does have ties here but I still dont see him being a college coach. The Bob Stoops rumors are more legit than Gruden. He is in a great program but he is not loved in Oklahoma like you would think. Actually I spent three months in Oklahoma city last year and there were several people that wanted him fired. So if he is a coach that wanted a new start, This would be a great opp. I believe Tennessee has the oppurtunity to get a real gem this time. But remember its not just the head coach we hire, Its who he brings in to be his assistants. I know when I played, I hardly seen the head coach. It was the assistants that make or break you. Look at this years team for instance. If wilcox would have stayed (28 in country total defense 2011) instead of sal we may have been contenders in the SEC east this year and not even looking for a new head coach.

underthehill writes:

in response to GlennFordsFoible:

I believe UT will either lose or settle the lawsuits that resulted in the bungling of he merger by Hart and his bama cronies..and if this proves to be true..UT could and should fire them without giving them any buyouts...I think Hart hired Sunseri and gave him the ridiculous contract because he was a bama crony and not because of his ability to be a DC..Hart can put this on Dooley but I don't think Dooley had any choice in the matter..just my opinion ..but I expect this hire to be made by those higher up than Hart..and if it is not..it could be another bama crony...we'll see

pingkr62 writes:

in response to underthehill:

Good post. You could be right. If Kirby Smart is hired as our next coach, you can change your name to "profit"

asleep#212036 writes:

in response to BeRealistic:

Stoops or Jimbo Fisher if possible. Gruden's college record 0-0. He would be a big gamble like DD.

Your screen name notwithstanding, we simply can't afford Bob Stoops, as if he would leave Oklahoma for UT anyway. He currently makes over $5 million/yr and would certainly not work for less. Plus he has a nasty buyout that we would have to pay. Not happening. Gruden would be a [ridiculously expensive] calculated risk, DD was simply a potshot into the dark but, times were desperate then after the Kiffin mutiny. Fisher is a good call and I think the biggest reason is that the ACC is in trouble and he knows he could theoretically go undefeated next year and be left out of the 4-team playoff. That might just be enough. Problem is, if he comes to the SEC I'm guessing Auburn, where he was OC for 5 years in the 1990's, would be his first choice, not UT. I still think Charlie Strong is Hart's second tier guy. Jurich, Louisville's AD, has been around a long time and is a well respected, shrewd administrator who see something he really likes in Strong. To that end he has said he will pay whatever it takes to keep him. A basketball school willing to pay SEC football money? That's as good a recommendation as you'll find, putting his money where his mouth is. I think we might could get him and we certainly can afford to try. Go Vols!!!

asleep#212036 writes:

in response to VolGrad:

Don't understand NC State firing Tom O'Brien.

Agreed. Went to a bowl almost every year and it's not like they have some great football tradition, even in their own [weak] conference. Unrealistic expectations I think but whatever suits... Go Vols!!!

prideofthesouthland writes:

Story on Tennessee's first committment of 2013 class.

asleep#212036 writes:

in response to 45ReVOLver:

Not to be belligerent but nobody "knew" whether Dooley would succeed or not. Had he not changed the defense we would be sitting in a NYD bowl and all those who "knew" he could win would be crowing to the same level as those who now are bragging about their prediction that he couldn't. The only thing anybody "knew" when he was hired was that we were desperate, nobody else of note would take the job, he had only one stint as a HC and didn't win there, he had a famous last name, and he required Hamilton to pave his road with guaranteed money for him to sign. That's it. And when the next coach is hired, nobody will "know" whether he can win or not either, at least for 3 years. Go Vols!!!

jjk writes:

in response to VolGrad:

Don't understand NC State firing Tom O'Brien.

The AD there is a piece of work. She apparently doesn't want coaches she didn't hire.

Colliervol writes:

in response to alavol:

here is a link to Auburn's fan base:

do not get Tuberville, get a real coach, Petrino!

Auburn or KY would be perfect for Petrino. Both completely bereft of ethics. Their fan bases could care less.

asleep#212036 writes:

in response to lomas98:

I wonder if these other schools have fans who have insider sources to the athletic department? It is comical seeing all of the message board phooey claiming someone knows something or has knowledge. Either other schools fans are not as stupid or their boosters know how to keep their mouth shut.

It is amazing how Auburn can win the national championship one season and be firing their coach 2 years after. This coaching business proves it is a gamble for a well established coach to move anywhere these days for a rebuilding effort.

I live in North Alabama in the middle of Auburn country (Huntsville is high-tech engineer world). When they hired Chizik, the rest of us wondered why. Auburn fans, as they always do, immediately latched onto him and proclaimed him the next great coach (not that they've really ever had a great coach). In non-Cam Newton years, his record is an even 19-19 which would get you fired at every SEC school not named Vanderbilt. He's had three top-10 recruiting classes in a row but can't coach worth a flip. And Malzahn, his offensive guru, who took the gift horse Bobby Louder and Jimmy Raines bought him and tagged a NC, is long gone. Guess who's winning now and going to a bowl? Iowa State, Chizik's old team. And how's this for irony? Guess who else is winning now that their former coach is gone? Louisiana Tech.... We did the same thing, hired a guy with sketchy credentials and a losing record - gave the reins of a thoroughbred to a mule driver and shake our heads at the results. Wow. Go Vols!!!

lemme_axya_this writes:

in response to RollTideJoe:

Doubt anyone is nationally or intra-SEC gives a hoot about your coaching story that would steal any limelight on the SEC Championship. Good luck with that! You need to be more concerned competing with Arkansas and Auburn who have fertile recruiting grounds for recruits than stealing anyone's limelight.

Doubt if anyone locally or intra GVXtra gives a hoot about your opinion.

pingkr62 writes:

in response to asleep#212036:

One other thing to consider regarding C. Strong, The Big East is on it's death bed. With Pitt and Syracuse already gone,and the possibility of Rutgers leaving, C. Strong might want to leave regardless of the money. Just a thought.

pingkr62 writes:

in response to asleep#212036:

Great post. It's good to hear the TRUTH! G.B.O.!!!

Colliervol writes:

in response to GlennFordsFoible:

There you go talking to yourself again. You aren't fooling anybody with all these names. You have now entered the category of laughable and I'm starting to feel sorry for you. Sad when one has to talk to himself to have a friend.

asleep#212036 writes:

in response to 45ReVOLver:

I think the biggest issue with Dooley is his lack of judgment, and not just on game day. He hired Wilcox to run a 3-4 and was told he didn't have the right personnel. So he ran 4-3 for two years and our offense sputtered with freshman and injuries leading the way. We finally have an offense that can score and what does he do? Parts ways with Wilcox, whom he obviously didn't respect, and hires Sunseri, like you say, a Saban clipboard holder who tells him no problem, we can do the 3-4. It should have been obvious even in the spring that our secondary lacked foot speed, our linebackers not named Johnson or Maggitt were too slow to cover receivers, and our D-linemen, at least early on, were not experienced enough to control their gaps in the run game. Somehow it escaped both Dooley and Sunseri. My question is: if this was going to be your make or break year, and you figured the offense was going to be special, and you knew your defense was more than adequate the last two seasons in a bend-don't-break 4-3, why in God's name would you change it now? A man with good judgment would have played this year out, won 9 or so games, gone to his NYD bowl, quickly signed his extension and raise, and THEN made a major change like that next year, a rebuilding season anyway. What a bad call. And you are right, the new paradigm for the big boy coaches, from Saban to Meyer to Spurrier, etc..., is total control of the football program. If Hart won't let that happen then it will be impossible to hire a true top dog. Of course, the reality is that there aren't many Spurriers or Sabans out there, especially not looking for a job so that point may be moot. We'll see I guess. Go Vols!!!

pingkr62 writes:

in response to RollTideJoe:

Joe, don't break your arm patting yourself on the back. Bama could be in the coaching market as well, VERY soon. Think about it, If Bama wins another national title, what else does Saban have to prove? Three letters, N.F.L.

Colliervol writes:

in response to orangecountyvols:

Hey troll,

The rest of us Vols want the team to succeed.

Not to worry about the goof with multiple names. I'm quite pleased to be in the company he named. All of those have been on here long before that dim bulb got on here and we'll be here long after he's history. He is a non-entity and not worth consideration.

asleep#212036 writes:

in response to pingkr62:

Yep, same problem as Fisher at FSU - an undefeated Big East champ could, and probably would, be left out of the pending 4-team playoff, even in deference to one-loss teams from the other power conferences. That's scary if you're Charlie Strong or Jimbo Fisher. And there is no way that anybody, not even an alumnus of Louisville (which Mr. Strong is not), would consider that head coaching position a destination job. Now I'm not going to argue to what level our stock has fallen but I can say UT is a better football job than Louisville every day of the week. It will just depend on our getting the academic issues rectified and making the right dollar offer. Go Vols!!!

pingkr62 writes:

in response to Colliervol:

I honestly think the only coach Jeff wouldn't bi#ch about would be Fulmer. He has his head stuck so far up Fulmer's tail pipe, he can't see daylight.

pingkr62 writes:

in response to asleep#212036:

I think the current state of both conferences, with the teams defecting, and the teams they have added, the product isn't close to the quality of just five years ago. I also think both conferences are in danger of loosing their automatic B.C.S. bids. The next several months will be interesting.

asleep#212036 writes:

in response to pingkr62:

Yeah, 4 teams is dicey. You have the big 4, SEC, PAC-12, Big 12, and Big 10, plus resurgent Notre Dame in the mix. If I'm a big time coach at an ACC or Big East school, I'm looking to jump ship now, while the gettin's good.....Go Vols!!!

terrytennessee writes:

in response to DeltaCharlie3:

I'm hearing even Zook is not interested.

He's a Gator for life.

whatthe84 writes:

in response to pingkr62:

I don't agree with the idea that Fisher would leave because the ACC will have problems getting to the BCS NC game. If FSU was undefeated they would be playing ND. They got beat by NC State and Florida that is why they are not going to the NC game not because they are in the ACC.

VolFanInTheBoro (Inactive) writes:

in response to GlennFordsFoible:

You definitely know about inane ramblings

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to yabadabadoo1026:

For whatever its worth . prob nothing, Chuck Oliver, Mr College Football on atlanta radio and who is tapped in sees it going down like this

Arky---Gary Patterson
Kentucky--Willie Taggart (west kent head coach)
Auburn--James Franklin
Tenn---Kirby Smart

That fat arse Oliver also stated: The winner of the UT/UK game would be allowed to coach one more year..JAT.

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to GlennFordsFoible:

Hey troll, CAD..When I want an opinion out of you, I'll beat it out of your SA!!

BeRealistic writes:

in response to whatthe84:

Please tell me why Jimbo Fisher would leave FSU to come to UT, or why Bob Stoops would leave Oklahoma to come to UT? Fisher is in the state with the most talent in the southeast and has a program on the upswing, living in a state where most would like to live. Stoops is at one of the big time programs in the country bigger than UT I might add and has a much better program at this point than UT has. UT is an overhaul, if it were a house it would be a rip out to the floor joinst and to the studs. The cupboard is pretty much empty with SEC talent and the 2013 class looks like a good year for Wake Forest. You cannot find an SEC quality RB on the roster or on the recruiting list. This programs has got a ways to go to be competing with the big boys in this league. You are dreaming if you think one these two would leave for UT. Why don't we just get Saban heck he would jump at the chance to coach UT...right. Right now we are a second rate program lets face it. The last hire should have proved that, nobody big time wanted it when Derek Dooley (who) with a horrible head coaching record finally took the job. All the plumbing is stopped up and toilets are full we got big problems boys.

Appreciate your expert comments but, as some other posters have given reasonable comments why both might jump ship is good enough for me.

Vol_in_Mich writes:

in response to 45ReVOLver:

Know what you get if you take lum out of your little signature at the bottom of your post?

Vol_in_Mich writes:

in response to BIVOLAR_BEARE:

Does that mean Chaney is our coach for next year? ;-)

MathMan1973 writes:

in response to cyclonevol87:

Tennessee is the best job open,And look for N.C.State to after James Franklin.

ROFL...

MathMan1973 writes:

in response to 9willbesofine:

Things do not good on Rocky Top as the theme from "Deliverance" plays in the background...

MathMan1973 writes:

If you fall behind in the SEC, it can take a long time to catch up...Fulmer, Kiffen, Dooley, TBD...