TommyJack writes:

Jimbo, Schmimbo. Would not be the right choice.

6972 writes:

in response to movol53:

GloryDays, You are missing the point!!!! Vols Fans do not want "good" they want GREAT!!!! "Good" will,at best, get us to the middle of the pack. Did you notice that we play teams that are currently ranked 2, 3, 4 ? With other SEC teams not far behind in the rankings. And this is NORMAL in the SEC.

MoVol, you are right, Tn fans don't want to settle for just a "good" coach. They want a great one. And my fear is, there is not one of those available who wants to come. What school would let a GREAT coach go without a dogfight. So, I fear we will end up have to settle for a mediocre coach. After all, right now we are not the sexiest babe at the prom. Hope I am wrong.

SummittsCourt writes:

Here's your coaching news. Strong interviewed with UT...

Vol1983 writes:

in response to Snapshot:

Gruden is still in play. I heard from a super, secret source he is flying to NY tomorrow for a meeting with UT officials. Yeah, it is going to happen. Will probably announce a deal Sunday afternoon.

You must be the source for the Chattanooga Times Free Press.

GloryDays writes:

in response to movol53:

I am trying to be realistic. Winning 11 or 12 games a year is not easy to do. The state of Tennessee puts out about 20 Division I prospects, Georgia 100 Florida 125, Texas 150, Alabama, Miss, LA, SC around 40-50. Thats a huge disadvantage. Most of the SEC programs have good coaches and are doing their best to win also. I want a chance to win and be competitve and show improvement. 9 to 10 wins a year looks really good to me and then a chance to win a National Championship every now and then sounds reasonable. Golden is a guy I think can do that. I keep thinking Hart has a plan or even a silent agreement in place. Perhaps it is Jimbo Fisher.

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to Snapshot:

At this point I don't GAD!

pingkr62 writes:

in response to golfman1975:

Maryville High School head coach George Quarles...anouncement coming after the Blue Cross Bowl....unless he loses. Great recruiter...gone through puberty succesfully and can coach um up. Just remember that most college coaches started.

My point is simple...nobody knows jack so save your fingers and stop typing.

Exactly!!! No one knows doodley-squat. Just shut up and listen. The announcement will come soon enough!!!

alavol writes:

in response to 6972:

Que sera, sera. I just hope it is someone with the cahoonas that it will take to put this forest fire out. This job will not be for the weak in heart. I hope there is someone out there who is genuinely interested.

Petrino, why is everyone hung up on these losers? he was rated #3 at Arky before his Harley accident. Write in his contract, no more harleys!

pcshowtime writes:

I tell you all I have a hard time getting excited.
I have a feeling hart had jimbo and did not want to look anywhere else.
1. Jimbo Fisher: top 5 recruiting classes and can not navigate the ACC with out losing 1 or 2 games.

2. Al Golden Give me a break he is 40-45 Dooley 2.0

3. Charlie strong well he does ok in a rinky dink conference.

4. Gundy I could get real excited about that.

But I believe hart wanted jimbo and he will sabotage any other hire to get him hired.
I am trying not to be negative. but it is hard.

alavol writes:

in response to SummittsCourt:

Tennessee was a good defense from being at least 9-3 this season. The offense was fine - just needed a better running game at times, but they did improve this season. Overall the offense improved by 17 points a game this year.

Whoever Hart hires better be able to hire a Defensive coordinator that can improve the defense fast.

just hire defensive coordinator and give chaney the hc job!

SummittsCourt writes:

in response to pcshowtime:

I tell you all I have a hard time getting excited.
I have a feeling hart had jimbo and did not want to look anywhere else.

2. Al Golden Give me a break he is 40-45 Dooley 2.0

3. Charlie strong well he does ok in a rinky dink conference.

4. Gundy I could get real excited about that.

I am trying not to be negative. but it is hard.

I don't think you are trying very hard at all to not be negative. You are completely negative.

UT could do a lot worse that Jimbo Fisher, Charlie Strong or Al Golden.

G8RH8R writes:

There are only two or three active coaches who are not in the SEC, that could possibly compete with the SEC. They are, in no particular order, Stoops, Meyer, or Chip Kelly. If the new coach is not one of these three, we are doomed to bottom dweller status for quite a while.

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to collegegrovebilly:

I wish you could be right..Where's Cowher, coward?

movol53 writes:

in response to pcshowtime:

I tell you all I have a hard time getting excited.
I have a feeling hart had jimbo and did not want to look anywhere else.

2. Al Golden Give me a break he is 40-45 Dooley 2.0

3. Charlie strong well he does ok in a rinky dink conference.

4. Gundy I could get real excited about that.

I am trying not to be negative. but it is hard.

PC - - I believe as you do that the FSU - Hart - Jimbo connection is the one with the strongest possibility. He's going to hire someone that he is comfortable with - - and that is Jimbo. Second would be Strong through the Bama connection. Hart was at FSU longer than he was at Bama; so more time to develop a relationship. Hart knows his alpha sierra sierra is on the line with this hire if it does not work out in the 3 - 4 years there will be two moving vans in front of his house and whoever the HC is; the vans will be paid for by the Fans of the Vols. Yes, 9 - 10 wins in the SEC is good but until we can crack through that ceiling we will never be great.

BigOrangeSmoker writes:

We've got to have someone in place NOW,for hart to say they same day doolittle was fired he wasnt in any hurry he had plenty of time tells me we also need a AD....a name i havent seen Skip Holtz but of all the names ive read about bring on Jim MoraJr....charlie strong aint happening,heck he has a hard time winner in a weak conference he will get killed in the SEC and 3 years from now we will all be right back where we are at now...wondering who our coach is gonna be...

Fan4TN writes:

I never thought TN football would fall this far. It is embarrassing. We need a coach to bring this fan base back together. Come on Hart! Come on Big Boosters!

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to OrangeAndBlueWaffles88:

Hey, you can't make fun of our coaches!! Only we can make fun of them..BTW, Galen Hall made Phillip look like Charles Atlas..Do some research, young pup.

pcshowtime writes:

in response to SummittsCourt:

If you are going to look at the pros you have to look at the cons. defense 9 of 11 starters back from 27th in 2011 to 105th 2012. No improvement in kicking game either may have gotten worse. Basically Dooley should be arrested for robbing UT of 5 million

Red_October writes:

in response to OrangeAndBlueWaffles88:

You guessed wrong, beyotch.

TheStupidPolice writes:

in response to GloryDays:

Golden started at a really bad Temple team that went 1-11, his last year was 8-4. I like the fact he improved. Perhaps Hart has Jimbo lined up and it doesn't matter. But Golden is a good caoch and he would be good at Tennessee.

You do realize that Temple's "ascendency" was in large part due to the fact that they moved to the MAC? Unless UT is planning on moving to Conference USA, I wouldn't be getting to high on Al Golden.

alavol writes:

in response to collegegrovebilly:

so lets do it! Hire Petrino before Auburn does. much better coach than Jimbo and Gulden and the other ilk bandied about.I used to rent the Empire room of the Waldorf Astoria for the Copper Club- not as luxurious as the article makes it out to be. Hart will probably spend most of his time in the Bull & Bear lounge downstairs. It is dark and conducive to getting drunk!

TheCopper writes:

in response to titletownz:

7 is about the number of guys that turned down your momma's invitation to the prom. She had to let her brother take her. You were born 9 months later.

hueypilot writes:

in response to collegegrovebilly:

All this Jimbo Fisher, Charlie Strong, Al Golden mumbo jumbo is going to get three guys raises at FSU, Louisville and Miami. We are running the risk of committing ritual suicide three times in four years. Kiffin was a desperation hire because offers were turned down. , Dooley was a double desparation hire because of the timing and a bushel basket of offers were turned down. If this happens again with these guys we are looking like the typhoid Mary of college football. That's why I say offer the job to someone who will absolutely take it. Hire Butch Davis and lock him up with conduct clauses insuring his ethical compliance. We need to make an offer to someone who can coach, recruit and won't turn us down or have his agent make a statement containing the word "fantasy." (I hope for LaMonte's sake he never needs any help out of Knoxville for anything. He'll play hell getting it) That person is Butch Davis. And by the way IMO he is the best hire available.

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to collegegrovebilly:

I believe with all my heart you are the most idiotic person I've ever encountered.

VolinCalif writes:

in response to 6972:

All the Vols need is a good def. minded coach, the Off. is set. Why would anyone want to mess with the Off? We could have been 9-3 with a 4-3 def. I look for UT to be wanting to keep this Off and that may turn some coaches heads. But it will save UT a bundle. Probably Strong is going to be the choice. I think he would keep the off in tack.

djohnnyg writes:

Gruden to reconsider.

125 mill, over 3 yr's.

Contract in hand.

VolFan_InFlorida writes:

in response to underthehill:

2013 schedule...Oregon..Fla..S Car.. bama..Ga..
..5 games ..no likely wins
Austin Peay..South Ala..W Ky...3 likely wins..
4 other games..Vandy..Mizzu..Auburn..Ky
Any new coach will have his work cut out for him to win 6..my point is ..it's gonna be a while don't matter who is hired...

Gee, thanks for bringing reality into this. Next year will be tough regardless of the coach. We need a good coach that will recruit and show improvement. Going 7-5 or 6-6 with that schedule can be improvement. We were already competitive with SC, UGA, and UF this yr. Be competitive with Oregon and Bama, recruit well, beat Vandy and Misouri, win a bowl and be 8-5. Show improvement the next year, knock off SC or UGA or both, go 8-4, and win a bowl, finish 9-4. 3rd year of new era should be real progress, 9-3 or 10-2, compete with Bama. Don't expect miracles next year. Find a good coach, support him, support the Vols, and give it a little time.

asleep#212036 writes:

in response to TKO:

Great SECCG but Bama is not close to their defense from last year. The NCG will be a toss up.

Agreed but Bama's biggest issue is in the secondary, something Georgia could take advantage of that Notre Dame can't. Georgia on the other hand would have gotten steamrolled by ND's run game, just like Bama did. I'd like to have seen the Dawgs get their chance but just like our Vols, their lack of defense did them in. Run and stop the run- it's as old as college football and it still works. Alabama and Notre Dame do those two things about as well as anybody and they're playing for it all. Hmmm. DD and Chaney, maybe there's a connection.... Go Vols!!!

asleep#212036 writes:

in response to wharfrat:

Gundy is out after today's loss. Only two people Hart would know is Jimbo and Kirby Smart. What is so impressive about Jimbo, ACC is a weak conference. And, since Hart likely recommended Sunseri to Dooley, why would we be excited about a Bama defensive coordinator with Georgia roots? Watch, Sunseri takes his severance and goes back to Bama, Dooley takes his severance and will be an assistant at Georgia, and Hart will be the next UT athletics department staffer getting a severance check.

Charlie Strong is the only hire that is at all exciting. If he finds the Auburn job more attractive than UT it is a sad day for UT.

According to multiple sources, including ESPN, he likes the UT job if he decides to leave Louisville. Go Vols!!

asleep#212036 writes:

in response to titletownz:

The number right now stands at zero since no coach has been offered a contract. Go Vols!!!

djohnnyg writes:

Jimbo Fisher?

I'd prefer we'd get a coach that knew how to beat Florida.

alavol writes:

in response to hueypilot:

petrino is a better coach!

Vol1983 writes:

in response to djohnnyg:

Gruden to reconsider.

125 mill, over 3 yr's.

Contract in hand.

You must be Stephen Hargis or his "airtight" source.

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to asleep#212036:

ESPN had Kelly going to UT before Kiffin was announced..They tend to jump the gun on these hires and speculate like everyone else..However, I would be excited to see what Charlie could do at UT, we know he can recruit and would probably push UT's 2013 class into the top ten before NSD. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed..GBO!!

TheStupidPolice writes:

in response to BigOrangeSmoker:

STUPID!!! You can't suggest Skip Holtz who is 5-15 in three seasons in the Big East and then bash Charlie Strong who won the Big East. If you believe the Big East is so weak and Strong would struggle, how the heck do you even think about Skip Holtz?

asleep#212036 writes:

in response to collegegrovebilly:

Wow, I think both of you need Prozac and counseling. Any hire we get will have his opportunity to win. And the fanbase will be there come August, we always are. If it's Fisher, Golden, Strong, Fedora, Jones, Gundy..... it doesn't matter what any of us think about it. He will either win or lose, getting a raise/extension or fired. Nobody on this site will "know" for sure which way it will go, just like nobody on this site "knows" what happened with Gruden or what Hart will do next. Chill out people and just have fun with it, it's college football not cancer. Go Vols!!!

Millisa writes:

The only person I want for Coach is John Gruden :) :) :)

takespix writes:

in response to TKO:

I believe an announcement will be December 5 th

I agree...the college football version of the "hot stove league" will start monday.

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to Millisa:

The only person I want for Coach is John Gruden :) :) :)

Get-R-Done..

TheCopper writes:

in response to collegegrovebilly:

Hopefully you and your boyfriend Flowers disappear before Hart does.

golfman1975 writes:

Maryville lost...Coach Quarles is off the short list.

movol53 writes:

in response to GlennFordsFoible:

So GlennFordsFoible who are your number one, two and three picks for HC at UT?

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to movol53:

So GlennFordsFoible who are your number one, two and three picks for HC at UT?

He won't say, because UT may pick one of them and he couldn't whine anymore. The man (I'm using the term loosely) is nothing but a malcontent/antagonist that hates UT.

Wauconda_Vol writes:

So if we get Jimbo, do we have to ditch Jay G. and add Eddie G.? That would not be cool.

volcop writes:

in response to pcshowtime:

I tell you all I have a hard time getting excited.
I have a feeling hart had jimbo and did not want to look anywhere else.

2. Al Golden Give me a break he is 40-45 Dooley 2.0

3. Charlie strong well he does ok in a rinky dink conference.

4. Gundy I could get real excited about that.

I am trying not to be negative. but it is hard.

as much as I hate to admit it , I think you hit the nail on the head

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to Wauconda_Vol:

Who knows, I guess we'll get Eddy Gran back unless FSU names him the HC. Remember, Gran is one of the best recruiters in the country.

pcshowtime writes:

in response to alavol:

petrino is a better coach!

I agree proven sec winner can be had cheap with a contract that keeps him from leaving. Also James franklin fits the bill. But I am afraid UT is going to hire someone from small time conference. Then when this coach gets to the SEC the other teams will tear him to pieces.

ivyvol writes:

in response to alavol:

No, he'll probably spend his time a few blocks north at Scores.

TheCopper writes:

in response to collegegrovebilly:

HaHa, ok, ok, so we are supposed to believe that you, Walt, and little Jeffy are the reason Dooley got fired! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Moron.

stormblast writes:

in response to alavol:

petrino is a better coach!

The problem with Petrino is when he is NOT coaching. Adultery, trying to take other coaches' jobs, QUITTING on his players like he did in Atlanta, etc.

Petrino is garbage. If UT hires him, then UT will deserve the off-the field filth disgrace that follows Petrino. It's just something that Tennessee doesn't need right now. We don't need Petrino.