OrangeBloodFlood writes:

The dominoes are falling....lets go Hart !

VolGrad writes:

Bielema to Ark and now Malzahn to Auburn? Wow. Didn't see that coming.

Scoon writes:

in response to VolinCalif:

Hello Scoon
Sorry to see Ky slide, but it is early and they'll do fine.
I have to agree on the Strong deal. I think UT should be looking very close at the Pac12 team coaches. UCLA and Stanford both have the real thing. I think that both could be had by UT. I'm a die hard SEC fan but other conf. also play pretty good football and have good coaches. May be that the really good coaches come from other areas than the SEC. Yes I love Steve, Phil and the Bear but Sab, Les and Urbin aren't bad either. I also loved both Woody and Bo. We should hear something today or tomorrow.

Coach Cal,

I still and will always have residual negative effects from UT's football players under the watch of L. Kiffin that one year, as they literally stopped in midstream while running off of the field, jeered and taunted UK fans within their seats and yelled the worst of vulgarities and made the worst of vulgarities in motion at us, imaginable, and all in front of very young impressionable children and sweet old grannies. However, even with that what had happened, I believe that I would almost rather see UT regain the SEC football helm as KY remain status quo, then as to see the likes of to those obnoxious LSU people or Florida or Bama continue on their non-stop agressions toward BCS championship titles. It's true. Ut can become the football queens; UK will stay the basketball Kings. Now, what do ya think about that??

And, also.... then and maybe then, will Vol43 will quit ahanging his head out his car window in the middle of the night a letting the rain beat him in the head and whilst aeating his BigMac with ketchup and fries. He could catch cold that way, ya know??

SavageOrangeJug writes:

in response to djohnnyg:

Brett Bielma leaving Wisconsin to take Arkansas job.

My apologies if you already knew this.

Looks like Arkysaw will beat us on the coach hiring.

VolGrad writes:

Tweets from Vols Couch and Posey:
Mo Couch- D@mn Arkansas got a coach already? lol
Mo Couch- What?!! FORREAL??!! Auburn too"
Alan Posey- If Malzahn is going to Auburn, I feel for the players at Arkansas State. 3 coaches in 3 years.

Colliervol writes:

in response to VolGrad:

Bielema to Ark and now Malzahn to Auburn? Wow. Didn't see that coming.

Neither did I. And I don't think either are particularly good hires. But we shall see. Not sure what the Hogs are thinking but Auburn may very well have gotten what they could. Who in their right mind would want to come into that state to face Saban and the NCAA sanctions that are coming?

Colliervol writes:

I have no issues with either one IF:
-Charlie Strong hires a good offensive coordinator or
-Mike Gundy hires a good defensive coordinator

Strong is a noted recruiter with good ties in Florida and Gundy has experience and is a winner at a school with recruiting disadvantages like UT has. Either way, I'd be good with the choice. (I still think Gundy and Sexton are using it as leverage to get more control for Gundy at OSU but we shall see.)

VolGrad writes:

in response to Colliervol:

As per @Footballscoop,
"Want to know how close Kirby Smart was at Auburn… Saban had already called another DC in prep for if Kirby accepted. Fact"

"At Arkansas, several agents & coaches felt that Bo Pelini had the job… and then Wisconsin rolled them Saturday night & now Bielema 2 Ark. wow"

djohnnyg writes:

Don't underestimate Bielma from Wis.

He's had to go toe to toe with Michigan and Ohio State for years and often times came out on top.

He is formidable and Arkansas will be better becuz of him.

CMKSIDESHOW writes:

BRING ON THE PROFFESSOR!!!!!!! JIM TRESSEL or BUST!

djohnnyg writes:

Strong is a good candidate for the fact he's gonna want to beat Florida more than anything.

I think for UT specifically it is very important as they are always our first SEC game and a win..or loss..can set the tone for enitire campaign.

I want a coach who is absolutely consumed with beating them. The bonus to that is IF you can beat Florida, you have a good chance of handling Bama, GA and the others too; but in my opinion beating Florida should be priority # 1 and the rest falls into place.

Strong gives us that chance i think.

sly_stone99#434111 writes:

Hart is too afraid to hire Strong. He'll go with Gundy as a safe choice. Charlie Strong would be the better choice, but he also will speak his mind. Hart needs someone he can rein in. Strong would not be that person. IMHO. I hope I am wrong.

CMKSIDESHOW writes:

Midwestern Coaches as of lately seem to do pretty good in the SEC, MILES, SABAN, MEYER,

Why not go get Dantonio from MICH St. , his defense was ranked 4th this year and that Pat Bertuzzi his defensive cordinator pretty dam good, its not like GA blew them out in that bowl game last year matter of fact I believe MICH ST won that game. Ill take a B1G coach from a big school knowing he will have SEC talent over FEDORA, or STRONG. MICH ST. is very hard to win at . Just throwing it out there, all these names of these coaches from the Bigeast/ACC combination conference. If he brought Bertuzzi with him , Ill take a running back with Bells' caliber anyday.

oldvoltimer62 writes:

I'm not crazy about Strong or Gundy ,but both are a great improvement over Dooley.Strong even with SEC experiance as a assiatant didnt have all the pressure of a head coach,and Gundy might just be tring to play OKST for more money for him and his crew I don't think he will come to Knoxville. I'm no football guru,but heres a few names Freeze-ole Misss,Riley Ore.St,Cutcliff- Duke,Fedoera-N.C.,Shaw- Stanford,Butch Jones-Cinn.I'm sure that there are several more that deserve consideration.What do you all think.

CMKSIDESHOW writes:

in response to westknoxrepub:

I hear Charlie Strong's a good coach. . .two 7-6 Seasons in the Big East and no outright titles. . .I hear Charlie Strong's a good recruiter. . .currently he has the 6th ranked class in the Big East. . .please tell me why we should hire Charlie Strong?

If he was really good, the B1G, Big12, or PAC12 school would have picked him up 2 years ago. HART is not hiring STRONG I think that would seal his fate in Knoxville.

DalTexVol writes:

in response to CMKSIDESHOW:

You spinned it one way, so I will spin it another. He has taken Louisville to the Sugar Bowl in only his 3rd year.