85sugar writes:

Tennessee expects you to do the same thing you have always done. Like lil mindless orange sheep.No matter who they get fill up the seats and take what they give you. Hart dumped Gruden, counting on this... DONATE TO YOUR LOCAL HIGH SCHOOL.TENNESSEE IS NOT DEDICATED TO WINNING. CLASS OF 86

Orangeblood64 writes:

in response to docwater#225789:

Mr. hamilton explained it to the UT faithful that this is a BUSINESS and we would have to PAY to PLAY. Loyalty counted for nothing. Now, UT is reaping the whirlwind. Folks have dropped their season tickets and discovered there are other things to do on Saturday, record the game and watch if we win, at our leisure. Money is being spent elsewhere. Once the pattern of support was broken, it will be hard to re-establish it. Really, too bad for UT and us long time fans.

Your so right! the Tn, Florida game was the first to get sold out in 2 or 3 years and only because of the team looked like it had promise, a chance to finally beat florida but Vol fans are tired of hopeing and wishing. I pray we get back to the"good ole days" where we had the chance to beat anyone and did alot. where we were never underdogs by double digits.

Hacker38 writes:

Gus Malzahn to Auburn....ESPN

Hacker38 writes:

in response to Hacker38:

Gus Malzahn to Auburn....ESPN

So it also was reported Auburn interviewed Kirby Smart, si /If Tennessee takes Smart, We're getting Auburns leftovers....

underthehill writes:

in response to Classof72:

"AJ Arem
IMG Learfield Ticket Solutions
General Manager
University of Tennessee Athletics"

Is there a problem with this title? UTAD doesn't show up until the third line. No man can serve two masters. This is a symptom of the problems UTAD has. It's been bought out. There are corporate reps selling tickets, mercenaries everywhere. The commitment and passion for the Vols may or may not reside much in these people. Judge by the results; the results speak for themselves.

Couldn't have said it better myself and I'm glad you beat me to it..UT fans have been more tolerant of incompetent adm than I would have ever thunk...think a list of stockholders is available for Ticket Solutions..or is it a private company..maybe offshore..

GOJO writes:

in response to BigDaddyOrange:

Ok. Finally! I'm not the only one thinking about David Shaw. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/14...

*************

How did that last left coast hotshot work out?

GOJO writes:

in response to Hacker38:

SandySpringsVol writes:

in response to underthehill:

I don't know if you've heard, but college sports is a big business. IMG Sports is an outsourcing company that handles lots of functions for lots of schools. For example, the Vol Network is a division of IMG Sports, as are the networks for Arkansas, Auburn, Clemson, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio State, South Carolina, and Miami, just to name a few of the more than 200 schools they work with.

Dunce.

SandySpringsVol writes:

in response to Hacker38:

And Kirby Smart has not been mentioned in connection with the Tennessee job, but I guess if you're looking for something dumb to say, this'll do.

10ACfan100 writes:

No donation for select seats (bring your own oxygen)

rb4346 writes:

in response to TheRealDragonSlayer:

I hope you guys dont whine to much about Bret Bielema going to Arkansas. Know that he is a very arrogant and rude person, a personality that players dont really take kindly to, and is not that great with the media. This is not the kind of personality we need right now. Yes, he may be good at Xs and Os, but we need much more than that. We need a coach who can attract talent in the SEC, someone who conservative parents will trust their kids with, someone who can take on recruiting giants like Saban and Miles.

That is not Bielema. I still think if we get someone like Butch Davis, we will be much better off. The bad rap he got at UNC has been proven not to be his fault, and he is a tremendous recruiter, not to mention a great Xs and Os guy.

I didn't realize Butch Davis had been cleared. Hart needs to be signing him to a contract right now if Butch will accept. Best coach on the market now.

rocky_topper writes:

What happened to the waiting list to get them? Oh wait, never mind! I remember now!

Millisa writes:

I WISH We could get Gruden But If Hart wont do it I guess they'll be giving away tickets to the games because NOBODY wont buy them unless we have a BIG Name Coach

volmark57 writes:

in response to volmike55:

David Shaw is the Stanford Coach! He wouldn't leave Stanford right now anyway

Who could blame him for not leaving, he has to get past Oregon, maybe USC or UCLA and he rules the less, I mean west coast, wins PAC12 goes to a BCS game, a-la-da rosey bowl to face a subpar litte10 team, finish in top 10. Maybe we can restore a pristine shade of orange to my faded orange dreams, can't say that Mike Gundy gets me fired up, if we have to settle, I would take Charlie Strong over him, He has been thru the SEC and knows how to recruit.

FanNotSheep writes:

The times they are a changin'

eVOLved writes:

in response to vorangel:

The best seat in the house is at the house.
No charge. No parking issue. No long ride home after a poor performance. If it's not on TV, no big deal, it probably wasn't a very good opponent anyway.
Donation? You've got to be kidding me...

I traveled from ATL to see the KY game, after many years of watching from the television (even when I was a student, I didn't wait in line for the single free ticket). The game was so interesting, and if I hadn't gone, I wouldn't have known how great CP and Bray are from watching the television.

BigDaddyOrange writes:

in response to Vol_in_Mich:

Who is David Shaw? Never heard of him.

Ok. Obviously you didn't check the link I posted. David Shaw is the coach of #8 ranked Stanford... led them to be PAC12 champs in his first year... going go the Rose Bowl first year. I guarantee you he would jump at the chance to coach with the "big boys" of the SEC. If you get a chance check out the link I posted.

jacksontnbob writes:

Hire Dave Fart!

arkansasvol1975 writes:

in response to gobigorange5090:

You can bet the non-donation seats are on the top row of the upper deck in the end zone where the steps, etc are very steep!

Yep, you ever been up in the top bleachers? They are like straight up it seems, steps are steep as hell. I remember when I was little, thats where we sat at and I was afraid as hell climbing those stairs, they are aluminum it seems and slick too. Players look like ants.

arkansasvol1975 writes:

in response to eVOLved:

Huh...Atlanta? Kentucky? what? You mean NC State game? Your remote control was broke it seems.

underthehill writes:

in response to SandySpringsVol:

Dunce.

It is my opinion UT is capable of marketing their own tickets to their fans without outsourcing and they should do so..regardless of what IMG does for anyone else. As for college sports becoming big business I think that is exactly the point the person was making that I responded to (not you)..and as for the UT adm and ath dept being incompetent..I think this opinion is being expressed on a national level..ever get out of the house any...

jacksontnbob writes:

They don't call those seats the nosebleed section for nothing. Why don't they go back to giving students free tickets? Oh, I forgot. It's way more fun to study for exams than to go to a game!

jarvol writes:

Hambone destroyed UT Athletics. The end.

Banner writes:

Sad!!!!! Boys we haven't bottomed out yet! It is going to get worse before it gets better.

HopeisNotaCourseofAction writes:

Did not read the article, but think I'll wait til they PAY ME at least $500 to take these season tickets off their hands. I remember when we used to have to pay UT for the privilege of watching our Vols on Saturdays, but who would want to even consider such a ridiculous waste of hard earned $ today? Pay us to come, that is what it has turned into the past few years and with this farce of a coaching search.

And throw in tokens for free hotdogs and sodas too. Pay for parking - get real.