BobbyJones writes:

in response to keepitreal4vols:

Hopefully when they get back to LA and start coughing from all that toxic smog in the air, they will decide raising a family in a community not known as Compton would be a good idea.

So you think he lives in Compton? Have you ever been to L.A.? Have you ever been outside of Cocke county? I guess you think Myrtle Beach is a really high class vacation spot, almost as nice as Panama City. You're dumber than hell.

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to pms151:

Because it is LA not Hicksville. He can name his price anywhere in the country, but if he stays put there he will be a HC in 3 years..probably here.

Yeah, I'm sure USC will hire a position coach to be the HC...NOT!!

Witch_Doctors writes:

in response to MOUNTAINofOKEMO:

Witch Doctor say Songwriters dont think about the one they "Had" Witch Doctor say its about the one you are going to "Have" or write or record. Witch Doctor say if she IS in that scene that may be the thing that keeps him. Witch Doctor know the old saying ....if momma aint happy , no body happy.
BNL
Witch Doctor really hopes he does come

Red_October writes:

Tee may be pulling the same thing Charlie Strong did. Using UT to get a big raise! He's had the offer for 2 days and he's still thinking about it? Sounds like he needs to stay in SC. If he don't wanna be here, I don't want him here.

pms151 writes:

in response to 123forVOLS:

Sounds like it is far from a done deal. The money alone could be a stumbling block. Either way, I have a lot of respect for Tee Martin and always will even though I think nothing of the soft cakes twinky head coach he works for in LA. GO VOLS!

You may not think much of Tame Lane but I do not see 3 losing seasons in a row on his resume.

VolsUpsetYetAnother writes:

So you might NOT want to have ALL of yours kids in ONE town. AND continue to work for a coach that help set this great program back... Publicity nightmare if you don't take the offer Tee. And...folks won't be asking for your autograph the next time your in K-town. I've got a framed front page National Champs Tennessean newspaper with your mug on it in my man cave. Please don't make me take it down!! Go Vols!!

ACWLY writes:

"Mulling it over" usually means its over, glad Coach Jones didn't have to mull anything over... I know business is business but TEE has a chance to right a lot of wrongs for the people of Tennessee [the Kiffin farce]. Sure hope Tennessee means more to him than southern cow, guess we'll soon find out whats more important to him... We're hoping you come back home TEE!!!

TheStupidPolice writes:

Jimmy Cheek, you are under arrest for picking and eating.

oldster writes:

Because his wife is a singer it is doubful that he will leave LA.

oldster writes:

in response to utvols420:

"It's about making this decision for the right reason,"

I'm sure he misses his son.

You think his wife would like to have a child around that reminds her of his previous relationship? She is a very broad minded woman if she is okay with that.

Show-me-your-TDs writes:

Sounds like he's pulling a Charlie Strong "looking for a raise "
To bad he's only going to enjoy his new found loot for a year before his boss is fired for pulling a Derek Dooley..." impersonating a coach "

pms151 writes:

in response to VolsUpsetYetAnother:

You will be the first in line when he comes home as HC. The guy has the best job in college football for his career. It doesn't matter what we think of Kiffin, USC on his resume is GOLD.

monstermd writes:

If he's trying to balance his career with his wife's career, down here in Atlanta GA we have a pretty big music scene. It's only like a 3hr drive from Knoxville too. Come on Tee and Vol nation down here in Atlanta will take care of your wife. Think about it :)

ivyvol writes:

in response to govolsgo8586:

I wonder how VOL nation would feel if he decides to pick that scumbag over his alma mater? I sure hope he comes to UT it would be a shame if he doesn't. The only thing other thing I could think of that would keep him in LA is the fact his wife is a singer however, if they don't see each other often anyway why would it matter. When they normally would be able to see each other she could fly to Knoxville during her down time.

Doesn't Nashville have a vibrant music scene and couldn't she ply her trade there?

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to oldster:

Because his wife is a singer it is doubful that he will leave LA.

She can be just as unsuccessful in Knoxville as she can in LA..As matter of fact they'll probably allow her some solos in the church choir..Knoxville, here we come baby!!

Hound_Dog69 writes:

UT needs you more now than ever, your a winner and you would be a great asset for your alma mater with your proven QB playing and coaching experience as well as your great recruiting abilities!! GBO!!!!.

oldster writes:

in response to LifetimeVolFan:

Clearly less risk than what he faces at USC...Kiffin is clearly on the red hot seat. By virute of the new coaching staff contract alone he would have a bare minimum of 3 years at UT. Not so at USC, so I don't see your logic at all.

Good points, Lifer.

cloudodust writes:

in response to LifetimeVolFan:

You may not, but I do. It's not my body of work to convenience anybody. It's just my opinion...Coming Home is a risk. It works or it doesn't. One's future in the business of coaching, especially at the position he's been approached to handle, can be compared to making the right stock picks. You win, you lose in the long or short haul...It's risky and if you play, alot depends on choices. Like I said and to paraphrase myself, I hope he comes back to the land that he knows but if he doesn't, I'd understand. USCw is under sanctions, Tennessee was cleaned up a bit under Dooley. I believe it would be a good thing he returns but it's his choice...

GloryDays writes:

in response to Red_October:

The difference is Tee has no loyalty to the used car salesman Kiffin. LA is an earthquake or riot waiting to happen. USC campus is right out side the hood. The bright lights and glitter should wear off. Its a fantasy world.

pj_ladyvolnMI writes:

Here's wiki info on Tee's wife: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toya_%28...

Sure hoping for a "yes"!!

oldster writes:

in response to pms151:

You would have had a hard time having losing seasons with the talent USC has had.

Witch_Doctors writes:

in response to ivyvol:

Witch Doctor say these hacks down here will steal the elixar gortex coating off your guitar strings! Witch Doctor say the LA scene is HUGE compared to Nashville. Witch Doctor say Nashville is much more accessible but massive for a town this size.
Bones never lie.

JimmyJoe writes:

tee you have a dang street named after you here... Decide quickly and carefully... Because this offer may never come again.

USMC_1959 writes:

in response to Red_October:

You hit it dead on!! He don't want to be here, we don't NEED him!

Millisa writes:

Please Come Tee We NEED You GO VOLS!!! :) :) :)

pms151 writes:

in response to oldster:

You are certainly right about that. It takes a very caring person to adapt to that. Somehow I don't think you would qualify.

10seVol85_Part_Deux writes:

She hasn't recorded anything in ten years, and if she wants to get back in the studio, she'll be close enough to Nashville.

Toya didn't seem to have a problem living in New Mexico or Kentucky with him, and he was playing in Winnipeg when they got married. I'm pretty sure he was back in Mobile between Winnipeg and that first coaching job in New Mexico.

Theo writes:

in response to utvols420:

She is a former singer. She is not currently a professional singer. If she was you would hear her on the radio. She is a mom now, duh. She had her moment, its over. The music business is a young person's game. She doesn't tour. She raises babies!!

I hardly know where to start here...She is a mom now, she raises babies. You seem to think that her brain has now left her body and the best she can hope for is to follow her husband because she "had her moment". Please , God, that she doesn't see this post or they will never come to Knoxville.
You have checked a calendar right? We are no longer in the 1950's. I love UT but I do sometimes wonder about East Tn.

RockyToptoNeyland writes:

This has got to be the worst staff in the country so far, so butch has already lied by promising to put together the best staff, what a joke, I was excited about butch and now im just so dissapointed within 3 days, I mean willie martinez?!?!? wtf?? are you retarded? Did you not see auburn and oklahoma's secondary when he was there, they were worse than ours this year, thats saying something, and tommy thigpen??? yea a good recruiter, horrible LB coach, auburn's LBs were the worst in the sec every year, and tee martin? He was blessed with lee and woods at USC, he wasnt that great at UK, and all the coaches from UC, those are just lazy hires. Once again another coach who makes poor personel decisions. What a shock! Our defense will be even worse next year. Good luck BJ, way to use your resources...

MD_Vol writes:

Regardless of his ties to Knoxville it's got to be hard to move from LA back to East Tennessee, it would be a huge adjustment, if not for him then for his family. But he's got to be thinking that the current USC coaching staff is on the hot seat.

txvolsfan writes:

in response to pms151:

or out of a job after next season when Kiffin is fired!!!

Scoon writes:

Sooo interesting that KNS should show Big T in above photo sporting the KY BLUE, turtleneck, pullover ... the whole 9 yards. The girls said he sure did look fetching in it, too. KNS just can't ever seem to get enough of UK, so I'm not surprised about the KENTUCKY photo and it was in Commonwealth, too.

mrvol2u writes:

in response to Witch_Doctors:

BNL
Witch Doctor really hopes he does come

You are right Witchy! And it did not sound like he was chomping at the bit to get back and you can bet if she is still active in the music scene, LA will win out.

Just bothers me a little he is learning the recruiting ropes from "The Ogre" and Kiffool. Quite frankly, not something that looks good on the NCAA resume.

I think it would be great to get him back and all but my bet is he stays put.

10seVol85_Part_Deux writes:

in response to MD_Vol:

I'd think the adjustment was moving to L.A. Best I can tell, they've lived in Mobile AL, Albuquerque NM, Lexington KY, and maybe Atlanta since they got married. Also, since he was playing in Winnipeg when they got married, they may have lived there too.

jt45 writes:

in response to pms151:

I think he might be from a different Century.

totoiv writes:

This is all a negotiations ploy. If Martin is as good of a recruiter as they say, he will meet with Kiffin and they will give him a raise. Then, UT will have to meet it.

I am trying to look at him bringing so many Cincinnati coaches as a glass-half-full scenario. While they may rely on Graham and Martin and the new coaches from Auburn to help with the south, the Cincinnati coaches may have strong recruiting ties to Ohio, Michigan and states in the upper mid-west. There are a lot of good players there also.

clvolfan writes:

in response to keepitreal4vols:

Yes and all the foul,vulgar,dirty mouth of Oregeron.That in itself would be reason enough to get out of LA.You know what Boomer says"COME-ON-MAN".

pcorange writes:

in response to bigdisbig:

Kiffin's time is limited for without his dad he is a loser. This was his year...number 1 rating at the beginning of the season and now reduced to playing Ga. Tech in the toilet bowl. He can recruit but can't coach. Tee Martin....if you stay with USC you will be walking the unemployment line in 2 years. There is no decision to contemplate. Come back home.

Anybody can recruit the way Lane Kiffin recruits, just not for long. The NCAA is on him like stink on isht. We will be on probation until 2016 thanks to his recruiting prowess. USC has just emerged from a two year bowl ban that was a direct product of his time there as a recruiting coordinator in the 2004-2005 time frame under Pete Carroll. He is a slimebag of the lowest order. I agree with you, he can't coach, but he can't recruit legally, either.

nocleats writes:

The longer this goes, the less likely.

tdvol1989 writes:

I have no idea why this is such a big deal. Without a doubt, Tee is one of THE all time greatest Vols. Specifically, I remember his big runs at Syracuse and 2 of the prettiest throws in BCS Championship history. Big throws in a big game. I totally understand the love for Tee here.

But, you can't always go back home...Johnny! It's ok to move on. Some people want nothing more than to go back to their alma-mater. Others believe you can't recreate the magic of the past. So, if Tee comes back, that is great! If he doesn't, it does not diminish his legacy or his loyalty or Butch Jones respect of UT one bit.

So, the outcome of this is really irrelevant in the grand scheme. Both Tennessee and Tee will succeed.

ivyvol writes:

Maybe Tee is going to display some class by going back to his current employer and giving them the courtesy of telling them that he is going to leave before he accepts the TN position.

pcorange writes:

in response to pms151:

Maybe not three losing seasons in a row, but he has been directly responsible for getting the last two college programs he has had anything to do with put on NCAA probation, Tennessee for the first time ever.

Vols4Ever writes:

in response to Scoon:

Just like your teams, you're more focused on style vs. results. Was that photo taken after our 25th or 26th consecutive victory?

ivyvol writes:

in response to ivyvol:

Or maybe I've got my head up my rear end.

10seVol85_Part_Deux writes:

in response to totoiv:

If UT meets it, it will be like he's getting about a 70% raise. That's how much more a dollar is worth in Knoxville compared to L.A. That doesn't even factor in the tax savings you get when you don't have a state income tax.

Home prices are 242% more expensive in L.A. Just for comparison.

VolinCalif writes:

in response to LifetimeVolFan:

GIVE ME A BREAK...."Mull over an offer". I say press on to the next candidate if he doesn't answer tomorrow. This is his school where he won a national championship and he needs to mull over whether to stay with the scum bag who walked out on his school or return to UT. I don't believe for a second this is about his wife's singing career--his decision will speak volumes about his allegiance to UT. I guess we'll see where his true colors lie.

Green!!!

SummittsCourt writes:

Seems to me he took the usc job as a kind of a "stick it to Dooley" move after being shunned by Dooley. Tee Martin wanted to coach at UT last year but Dooey went another way.

This is the time for Martin if he truly wants to come coach at UT, otherwise he may never get another chance like this one.

One thing is clear - he is not as loyal to UT as many of the fans are - otherwise he wouldn't have left UK for weasel boy's team.

BolivrBob writes:

It's a great staff with or without Tee. Great recruiters and position coaches. Really excited about Jancek as DC. He put a heck of a defensive product on tbe field last year with a lot less talent than Tennessee had. Pay Tee what he wants. I would venture to say he made the University well over a million. Having a Tennessee guy with a ring would be invaluable.

jt45 writes:

in response to RockyToptoNeyland:

Putting together a staff with only a few days until signing day, and your bashing them before the ink has dried. You know if he had started a nationwide search for assistants with that whopping 3 Mil in resources and just a few days
left to recruit you would be on here posting how he couldnt recruit because he was too busy looking for assistants. Im curious how you would manage to reel in your best staff on short notice with most of the best assistants still coaching upcoming bowl games. Those lazy hires your talking about are already on the recruiting trail working to help rebuild the Vols Football program.

So tell me how you think searching out that dream team would go over if we dont have a staff by signing day.

Coach Jones is really doing a great job from what I can see of getting the most out of what he has the time to accomplish, heck he has staff still coaching a bowl game

Somehow I dont think it would matter who he hired you would still be hating.

Witch_Doctors writes:

Witch Doctor say since the GV24/7 writers troll here, Witch Doctor say we should tweet them every 15 mins or so for updates!! Witch Doctor say be sure to ask the same question differently each time to be sure we get the scoop! haha
Bones never lie.