snafu14u#241639 writes:

in response to movol53:

Another thing that would help the turn around would be for UT to "buy out" of the Oregon game.
Oh, wait UT is out of money; hey that doesn't stop the federal government - - either party!!!

Not a option....I live in Oregon and don't want to hear their quacking about a cowardly buyout by my Big Orange...rather get speed bumped by the Ducks than a buyout.They went crazy enough when they misunderstood the schedule and thought Tenn Tech had replaced us. Just say NO. Bonzaivol

volfaninutah writes:

Yeah and a change in columnists could increase readership @KNS right.

golfman1975 writes:

in response to OrangeAndBlueWaffles88:

Nope...orange and white.

TheRealDragonSlayer writes:

in response to OrangeAndBlueWaffles88:

Does your dad still regret not being pro-choice when you were conceived? I am sure he does.

VolinCalif writes:

in response to snafu14u#241639:

Come on guys, what makes anyone think that Butch is going to roll over and p..on his self for any team? Have you taken the time to look at the history of teams he has played? I'll name a few that were wins.
Va Tech, Syr, Mich st, B Grn,
Ohio, Ind, Boston college, Army and that is just a few. He also played some other very good schools but lost. Just because these teams were not Al, LSU, and Fl doesn't mean he didn't play above his conf level. Who knows just maybe Bama was lucky He was never on their schedule. He has played Pac 10 schools I don't think he is the least bit worried about who is on his schedule,he'll show up.

golfman1975 writes:

in response to OrangeAndBlueWaffles88:

LMAO! At least you have a sense of humor.

cloudodust writes:

JA jumps all over the key offensive players over a 50 year span right off the bat in this column. JA, we gotta have a D to boot. I would think that in 2012, Tennessee had a little more O than D. With the right everything, Tennessee will be right back in the thick of things. Out there in this universe are players that will buy in. In the past 50 years, the QB that comes to mind in Tennessee football lore is one Condredge Holloway, speaking of the type of player that could elavate UT football as you so chose to name (no-name). Bring 'em in and the sky's the limit. They're out there. Maybe John, you can appeal to their good senses. Anything you can do to help would be greatly appreciated..

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to OrangeAndBlueWaffles88:

Why call, just yell out from the basement and save your minutes.

VolinCalif writes:

in response to cloudodust:

Adams is only pointing things out that could help at this time. I am not saying that Dooley was great coach, that would be foolish. But if you revisit this season he was just a 4-3 away from a 9-3 season and coach of the year. Butch has a good group of players to work with and if he gets a mobile
QB he could be very dangerous even without the famed three-0.

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to OrangeAndBlueWaffles88:

ZONA BABY!!

Snapshot writes:

in response to OrangeAndBlueWaffles88:

Down go the gaters...Down go the gaters!!!

Good game, but the gaters choked, plain and simple.

VOL56 writes:

Those of you that do not subscribe to GoVols 247 are missing the best information about the Vols - all up to date, great articles, well worth the $10 bucks per month. Most of John's articles are his opinions but 247 is actual interviews-facts. Currently, they are profiling the 2012 freshmen Give it a shot, you wont regret.

VFLs

fearthehound writes:

in response to OrangeAndBlueWaffles88:

No, but your sorry arse is sure keeping up with the Vols, aren't you?

fearthehound writes:

So I guess Peyton and Eli just don't stack up to Manziel and the others. Manziel is a freshman. Let's see what he does in his later years. After all, this was a pretty down year in the Heisman race. Adams is a talentless tool.

fearthehound writes:

in response to OrangeAndBlueWaffles88:

Wouldn't really matter. You're on here day and night. You're obsessed with all things Big Orange. Or you really just don't have anything else to do (most likely).

fearthehound writes:

in response to OrangeAndBlueWaffles88:

You're not on here that much? I hardly ever read posts on here that I don't see your sorry little Gator posts. We're obsessed with Florida? What are you, some sort of idiot? You're posting on a Tennessee website day and night and making the absurd statement that we are obsessed with Florida. I'm sure the real Gator nation (people who really went to school there) is real proud to have you represent them. I'm so obsessed with Florida that I can honestly say I have NEVER logged on to their site if they have one.

fearthehound writes:

Well, my argument was that you're a loser trolling other schools' sites, but I guess you didn't really get that. Not too surprised. Now post something else about how much we love to beat you.

Do you also spend a fair amount of your day on the Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Kentucky, etc fan sites? How many hours a day do you troll? Are you on unemployment so you have a lot of time on your hands or something?

VolsUpsetYetAnother writes:

God bless you for writing this. Please recruit anyone that resembled Tee Martin in high school. If I want to watch a pro style offense I will watch football on Sunday.

fearthehound writes:

in response to OrangeAndBlueWaffles88:

Oops, hit the wrong button I guess. You.

claiborneh writes:

The reason we won a national championship with Martin but did not with Manning was that whenever a receiver ran a wrong route, or a play broke down Martin could scramble and make yards. In 1998, we were able to get in field goal range against Syracuse to win because Martin was able to turn a disastrous play into a huge scrambling gain.

Supersayin1 writes:

in response to BIVOLAR_BEARE:

Actually before NP was injured last Spring he was very close to surpassing Worley as the #2 QB. With a full Spring under a different system he may emerge as UT's #1 QB. Also, Riley Ferguson has a cannon for an arm and isn't a complete statue like Bray became.

Hmm! Thats good news to hear! But i'd still like to go after Asiantii Woulard! That Kid has a look that could last here in a SEC schedule!

Supersayin1 writes:

in response to claiborneh:

EXACTLY!

VolzsFan writes:

in response to VOLtage:

and Bo Jackson. Right?

McFadden? How about the guy most in football would tell you is the best ever....Peyton maybe? Adams is showing his biased.. and ignorance.

volforeverandever writes:

in response to VOLtage:

and Bo Jackson. Right?

My first thought when I read the article.If we were choosing sides in a game and Bo and Cam were standing there I would take Bo.

tgiles1944#654264 writes:

You have hit the nail right on the head the days of having a QB that runs like water are over - Cobb and Boyd were lost by Fulmer and Kiffin - Our program was set back 10 years by our incompetent administration and their poor judgement on hiring the right coaches

erniethecatladd writes:

in response to Supersayin1:

I agree with John! I wish we would go after that kid who won the Elite 11 tournament (Asiantii Woulard)! He's 6'4 and 200lbs,and looks like he will either light you up with his arm or his feet! I'm not sold on that Nathan Peterman kid we have nor the other target Riley Furgeson. Is UT afraid to get another Tee Matin??? It makes me wonder why we havent with this class!

Yes, I believe.Asiantii Woulard is exactly the right guy and at the right time. He de-committed to South Florida when they fired the coach. And, I read that he is at least giving the Vols a look. This staff needs to hit a lead-off home run, and reel this keeper in.
(Dual sport double metaphor - Bam!) :-)

GBOEngineer writes:

Did I watch the same team as Adams this year? I don't think that our offense was the problem. If we had an average defense, we have 7 or 8 wins; a good defense, we have 9 or 10 wins; a great defense....who knows?

VolFanInTheBoro (Inactive) writes:

in response to andforhisnexttune:

troll I doubt Peyton ever thinks now about how he couldn't beat FU

SummittsCourt writes:

I stopped reading when he left Peyton Manning off of his list and included Johnny Manziel.

Really JA? Are you that stupid?

JayTee writes:

The team with the pro style QB won the NC game last year as I remember and will probably win again this year. Ask Les miles how that mobile QB thingy worked out for him.
Once again Adams is cherry picking facts to fit his opinion.

FanNotSheep writes:

What stands out to me is the assumption that a star player makes up for holes everywhere else. I have watched UT compete against great teams since 1967, and the vast majority of those games were won or lost at the line of scrimmage. If one team consistently penetrates the other's line they usually win. If you have the best QB on the planet and cannot stop the worst one you will lose as many or more games than you win.

I have never seen a defense as inept as the one UT put on the field. They could not stop a good high school team. And you can't blame that on Tyler Bray. At least we hung with Georgia and made a game of it. Without Bray, Hunter and Patterson they would have had to hand out barf bags at the stadium gates at every game this season. If nothing else there was entertainment value to the team scoring so often.

Auburn had great offensive linemen and defensive players on that National Championship team. If that team had the Vols' 2012 defense they would have lost half their games.

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to VOL56:

VFLs

That's true, but that site is even behind Volquest and other pay sites as far as releasing information. If I'm going to pay it won't be to these guys.

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to SummittsCourt:

Really JA? Are you that stupid?

I think the article was suggesting you need a mobile QB, which PM is not.

fearthehound writes:

in response to FanNotSheep:

Good post. Tee Martin was a good--not great QB. That's all that is really required when you have the great supporting players to go with the QB.

JonGrudensAgent writes:

This is just the set up for a couple of years of "adjusting" to Jones' system as the losses mount.

Maybe Jones can convince Munchie Legeaux to transfer and the NCAA to grant him a hardship so he can play next season because we don't have a dual threat QB on the roster or in the recruiting queue.

Somehow, I don't think Munchie would stack up to Cam, Manziel, or Tebow however.

JonGrudensAgent writes:

in response to VOL56:

VFLs

Hey Wes, how is it going?

Acting as a shill on here for KNS and GVX24/7 I see.

Pompey writes:

...I remember in the mid-1960's when UT junked the single wing because they could not consistently find a superman tailback to run it...there are not many Tebow's, Newton's, or Johnny Football's in a lifetime...!

Supersayin1 writes:

in response to erniethecatladd:

(Dual sport double metaphor - Bam!) :-)

I AGREE!

in response to Supersayin1:

Which class are you talking about? The one Dooley was recruiting when the whole country knew he was on the hot seat? The one Butch Jones and staff have been working on for a whole week now? Get real! I hope we get at least a decent full class of major-college-caliber recruits, but getting any real world-beaters looks to be pretty much out of reach right now. If Jones has decent success with the team he has right now, which is at least potentially not as bad as some might think, the big-time recruits will come.

Supersayin1 writes:

in response to JayTee:

Once again Adams is cherry picking facts to fit his opinion.

Lets see:
Tenn
Tex
LSU
UF

All won a National Title in the BCS error with Mobile QB's

Speaks for itself!

in response to tovolny:

More than half of my work is done free of charge working with the County and the local prisons. My client list includes lots of celebrities, politicians, and ESPN employees.
I also help Disney interview prospective, managerial personnel. I split my services among the Cocke County mountains (or foothills), Florida swamps, and New York City. Today I had lunch at Bobby Flay's in the Big Apple, and now I am sitting here at a new restaurant in Las Vegas writing this stuff on my Kindle Fire waiting to be served. I have forgotten this restaurant' s name ( somewhere in the Polo Towers), but tomorrow I will have a late breakfast at Blue Berry Hill, and then go out to my place at the ____________Springs Saloon. Can't tell you the full name, or KNS could charge me for advertising.

Now don't you wish you hadn't asked. LOL.....!!!!...YES!

You certainly would seem to have a nice career going, but that doesn't make you an expert on football. I agree with some of your comments and disagree with others, which puts you about in the middle of all the posters on here, almost none of whom are true sports experts either, just fans with opinions. Not that there is anything wrong with that!

in response to OrangeAndBlueWaffles88:

Well, you might have a point about us wanting to beat Florida in anything, but at least we are not on your fan sites all day and every night. And if you ARE so superior, why do you waste time with us? Have they kicked you off the Florida sites, or ARE there any Florida sites?

SignalMtnVol writes:

in response to golfman1975:

Great thing about dual threat QB's? They never get injured.

I know, right? I mean, look at Micheal Vick.

Supersayin1 writes:

in response to johnlg00:

This class! I think we have a shot at him. I'd love to see him battle Peterman and Worley for starter!

budd#207344 writes:

in response to tovolny:

LOUSY John...another STUPID article has just gone down. Archie had a couple of sons, then there was a Spurrier, a guy named Bo Jackson, and a Mark Engram. Heisman Trophys just don't rate in your book. Your top five were great, no doubt...but c'mon Archie rated higher than Steve and Bo? Why don't you write your stuff one day, and then wait 24 hours and look at it again. I bet, even you, would cancel it, amend it, or emend it. It is just stupid stuff, John. You know who I am. So, I will give you two free hours of therapy per week if you will just call and make an appointment. You are obsessed with dissing UT to the point you are actually manufacturing stuff out of the thin air much like Weedeater from Chattanooga Free Press and Gomer at the Tennessean. John, if you don't like me, I can get you a free hour with Doctor Phil ...if you will agree to let it be Televised. John, seriously, get some H E L P.

Your post is hilarious. It is just pointed the wrong way. If you are giving out free therapy then you should offer it to yourself and the rest of the people posting their negatives about JA. You do it on EVERY article which tells me you read every article. People who continually hurt themselves and cannot stop are in deep need of mental help. Heal thy self.

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to SignalMtnVol:

I know, right? I mean, look at Micheal Vick.

Great reply, RG III is injured right now and Romo would be done if he started running more than passing. The NFL doesn't want their most important player running the ball, that's why Tebow and players of his ilk are not used as every down players.

budd#207344 writes:

in response to tovolny:

Now don't you wish you hadn't asked. LOL.....!!!!...YES!

No because now I am really worried. You are so important to the world and yet here you sit in Vegas commenting on a local writer in the Knoxville paper. With all the breathtaking things you do daily , your obsession with a local scribe becomes even more concerning. I say again , Heal thy self.

SummerfieldVol writes:

We had two of the best pass or run QB's right here at Tennessee. Condredge Holloway and Jimmy Streater. I wish we could get another clone of either one to sign up at UT. It would be a great Christmas present for UT. You talk about putting pressure on Linebackers and Defenseive Backs, it would be nice to have a QB with these skills.

ModelMaker writes:

I agree with John 100%. I think if we get a quarterback that can run as well as pass I think it will be a real key. I like a guy that isn't afraid to take a few risks and has good football sense vs. a guy that is afraid he might make a mistake and lose the game.

Vols20 writes:

I am a fan of the pro-style offense when you have the personnel for it. I love watching a team run it down hill and throw it down the field. Though, one of the key ingredients is at least one dominant down-hill back. Tennessee does not have that guy right now. Those guys are committing to Alabama, Georgia, LSU, USC, etc. Tennessee still has and is still getting quality guys who are serviceable but they are not going to dominate games (Eddie Lacy, Trent Richardson, etc) Therefore, I have made this comment several times over the last couple years, when you don't have those type backs, a dual-threat quarterback is the great equalizer. Again, I am a fan of a pro-style offense but I think Tennessee will benefit greatly in the next two or three years with their new approach. If Bray stays, mold your offense around him until you get the personnel.