beartn#223846 writes:

I wish Hunter well, and glad he was a Vol. I think it's the right decision. If he were projected 2nd rounder and hadn't been injured, I think he should have come back. However, second round is still good money, and he doesnt' risk another knee injury before he gets paid.

murrayvol writes:

in response to Witch_Doctors:

*So good it had to be said twice?
BNL

It's okay Doc. I missed the first one.

Huttdawg100 writes:

McCullers is staying too.

Congrats to Hunter. I hope Hunter goes to a team with an elite QB. I would love to see him with Eli or Brady. I'll never forget that game against Ole Miss! Hunter went crazy on their secondary. Bray had a career day. That was awesome. Wish the best for David Ricky Rogers as well. Da'Rick had a big time 2011 campaign and is an elite prospect. Terrell Owens prototype on and off the field.

murrayvol writes:

in response to SevenT:

Hunter will be a good pickup in the 4th or 5th round.

Kentucky fans should never...EVER...evaluate football talent. You have no clue.

murrayvol writes:

in response to rtrchatt:

JJames you lost your opportunity for championship rings after decommitting from Alabama. No shot at rings now,
but at least you got the playing time Kiffen promised you lol.

Go Irish!

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to beartn#223846:

If he is seriously training he can improve his draft status by kicking arse at the NFL combine. His 40 time, standing broad jump, and skills tests will determine if he wows the scouts and improves his draft day projected pick..Mel Kiper doesn't know everything, he may very well impress the scouts more in person than taking opinion from Mel.

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to murrayvol:

Kentucky fans should never...EVER...evaluate football talent. You have no clue.

Now that was funny..LMAOF!!

rb4346 writes:

in response to rtrchatt:

but at least you got the playing time Kiffen promised you lol.

He may not have gotten a ring, but he got something you never had or will ever have. CLASS AND A BRAIN TO THINK WITH! GBO

oldster writes:

Hunter's season was a disappointment without a doubt. That was mainly because of how high the expectations were and the great talent he possesses. Everyone forgets that frequently the greatest damage an injury can do is to an athlete's confidence. I was not pleased with all the dropped passes and, particularly the timing of almost all of them (missed TD's and drive killers on third down), but as I played receiver and dropped a few myself, I must say that I am in no place to throw stones (I just wish I had gotten as big a paycheck after dropping them as Hunter has coming).

Orangeblood13 writes:

in response to rtrchatt:

but at least you got the playing time Kiffen promised you lol.

Just another gator hanger
You bring nothing to the board
Just hang hang here like the last kid
Picked on the playground
James play brings more to the field than
You bring to Burger King making fries

jt45 writes:

I hope Hunter has a great pro career but I wish he would stay another season. The Vols will miss him as will many fans Im sure.

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

What's the deal?? Did he commit?

10seVol85_Part_Deux writes:

in response to OrangeBloodFlood:

Butch Jones understands "wide receiver U" so he will simply re-load....watch him work !

I have a feeling there are guys who will step up. We saw flashes from a couple of young guys this year, like Jacob Carter, and I think Pig will be good once he's on the field at WR more consistently.

I think, although we're losing a lot of our production and talent in the receiving corps, losing Hunter, Rogers, Rivera and probably Patterson, but I also think that's one of the few areas where we really can re-load.

cloudodust writes:

Thanks to those staying to hone their skills and get a degree. Wise men all. Good luck to those taking an early out. Seriously wish them the best.

Show-me-your-TDs writes:

in response to snowpeapod#263184:

When a player declares for the draft, does he drop out of classes immediately and does he continue to use UT facilities? Someone with actual knowlege and not opinion let me know.

I don't know the answer to your question but if it was me I'd try to get as many credits as I could just in case that NFL( NOT FOR LONG) thing didn't work out.... Try to get a semester in during the offseason And before you know it you have a diploma and big bucks in your pocket at the same time

GO VOLS!!!

BruisedOrange writes:

This is going out on a limb, but I'm gonna make the statement anyway:

I predict, in their first NFL season (injuries notwithstanding), Zach Rogers will be more productive than Hunter.

Justin has more career upside, but Zach's game is more NFL-ready right now. By August some team is going to be real happy to line him up in the slot.

I also fear Justin's ultimate goal has been to make it TO the NFL. I don't know if there's a fire in his belly to excel once he gets there.

After a few decades, you remember the things coaches said about those guys who went on to success on Sundays. I never heard UT coaches say those things about Justin. (but maybe I missed a post-game or two)

VOLFAN4LIFEINFLA writes:

in response to BIVOLAR_BEARE:

What's the deal?? Did he commit?

No he is a diamond in the rough and likes the University of Tennessee. I talked to him at there state championship game against University School. Check out his two teammates that have numerous SEC offers. One of his teammates is committed to Florida State but is looking at other options.

Tennesseebob writes:

Justin Hunter played not to get hurt this year. Let him go. Tyler Bray didn't show up against Kentucky last year or Vanderbilt this year. He had three straight turnovers on our last three possessions against Georgia. He turned the ball over against South Carolina. He padded his stats against weak teams. Let him go. Patterson needs to stay another year but can't blame him if we goes. Glad everyone else is staying.

VOLFAN4LIFEINFLA writes:

"WES CHECK THIS ATHLETE OUT" http://rivals.yahoo.com/tennessee/foo...

2Geezy writes:

Good luck JH!! Glad you came to Knoxville to put on the BIG ORANGE!!!! Now lets go to that wing T and run the ball on every down!!!! LOL

golfman1975 writes:

in response to FanNotSheep:

Agree with first half of the post, not the rest. Hard to blame a guy for getting a paycheck. Hunter is walking proof that serious injuries can happen without even getting hit. The knee injury happened without contact.

It's a sure bet he was going to risk injury in 2013 no matter where he played. At least he will be well-paid for the risks he faces in the NFL.

Good post...it always hard to pass up money. My only fear is Hunter not being picked as high as he wants. Not as much but still a bunch of money...there are chances no matter where he gets drafted and by whom. Maybe Denver with Peyton?

6972 writes:

With the loss of ZR, JH, CP, and MR, new QUALITY receivers and a strong power back sure would be nice next year. Let's hope we can have a true balanced attack next year. Go Orange.

cloudodust writes:

It's not just the WR spot here. It's QB, D players, etc. CBJ is starting from scratch with a few good seasoned roosters. It's recruits looking for playing time with veteran coaches. It's building blocks. We're guaranteed nearly and almost 3 (good) years from the guys brought in. We fans gotta deal with the possibility that after 3, many move on. That's the cycle. Here's to hoping that when CBJ pulls the one-armed bandit, he gets three-of-a-kind across the board...consistenly.

VolsUpsetYetAnother writes:

Image if Hunter wouldn't have dropped all those passes this year! Super Star = Not! Bray leaving = who cares! Patterson leaving = Nooooooooooooo!!!!!

alraguc#466367 writes:

Hunter was not the same receiver this season. At times, he shied away from contact. Justin, they only get bigger and hit harder in the NFL. Good luck!

eVOLved writes:

Freshman Alton "Pig" Howard was the only other UT receiver with double-digit receptions, and some of his 13 were on short pitches or shovel passes.

--Debbie Downer

Ironcity writes:

My initital thought was he needed to stay. Dropped a lot of passes and ran some weak routes. THat said, he also showed some serious talent at times and coming back from an ACL probably changed his perspective on things as well. I think JH has the potential to be great and it would be great for UT if he turned out to be. Good luck JH, I hope you get drafted as high as you think you.

redskinvol1 writes:

The Redskins will be looking for play makers about where Hunter grades out.GO VOLS AND HTTR!!

iowavol writes:

Interesting comments both ways. Not sure why so much venom toward Hunter. Not sure why all the unbridled adulation claiming certain success either.

Justin obviously has the skills for the next level. The professional soothsayers say he needs another year to polish those skills. I tend to agree. He has to get the ACL behind him and out of his head. A really productive year could be worth several million in signing bonus alone. But, he has made the decision to work it out at the next level so we should wish him the best and make us proud.

KevDVol writes:

We are UT not U2. We can live...with or without you.

jamalamerican31 writes:

in response to BIVOLAR_BEARE:

No, you're the buffoon that knows absolutely nothing about fb..What have you ever brought to the table other than childish antics?? I challenge you to say one thing thought provoking in regard to fb..Well, we're waiting!!

I am very confused by your reply to this post. Do you think that the word "Buffoon" means stupid or ignorant? If so you are wrong! I hope that you do realize that you misspelled Devon Hester's name and that we have NEVER read anything "provoking in regard to fb" that you have ever posted. Take note of the 3 fingers pointed back at you when you point your finger.

WhoIsJohnGalt writes:

Good luck at the next level. I wish you well. But your effort at the NFL better exceed what you put forth for the Vols this year, or your stay will be a short one.

crutch1966 writes:

in response to Witch_Doctors:

Witch Doctor say some really dumb comments by a few. Witch Doctor say Big Paycheck and bright future. Witch Doctor say good luck and make us proud!
Bones never lie.

the doctor must be out. hunter has the dropsies.

DRORANGELOVE writes:

Although Hunter and Patterson are very, very talented receivers, they both had problems running their correct pass routes and were both inconsistent in catching. Personally I feel that Zach Rogers and Rivera will be missed more and harder to replace. They both always ran the correct pass routes and were pretty consistent in catching the ball when it was thrown on target by Bray.
Irregardless, I wish Hunter, Patterson, and Bray the very best in the NFL and hope they make the Vol Nation proud. GBO

Snapshot writes:

in response to SevenT:

Hunter will be a good pickup in the 4th or 5th round.

Where is that outstanding ky. receiver going to be drafted? Oh, that's right, your mildcats have never had an outstanding receiver!!

pms151 writes:

in response to BIVOLAR_BEARE:

No way Peyton would co-exist with a undisciplined athlete like CP..PM has completely revamped Denver's offense and the WR's not on page don't get passes thrown their way..I see Patterson as a Jevan Hester type athlete that probably never puts in the time to develop his skills/technique..JAT.

BS comment. If he goes to a team that nurtures players he will be fine {like the Texans for example. Arian Foster was on the practice squad 4 years ago) PM is a patient guy. He looks for talent and uses it when he can.

tmcretired writes:

good luck in the draft

Biggie writes:

You can't blame the guys who leave early, but I can't help feeling like they've abandoned us. Don't think they deserve VFL status when they do and they should have to pay back their scholarship. As for Hunter personally, I thought he was an average receiver this year but not a great one.

laraccoon writes:

in response to DEMS_KEEP_ME_IN_CHAINS:

you show your ignorance every time you post !

bebecerveza writes:

in response to jjk:

Uh, Meachem is hardly a nobody! He was one of Drew Brees' top targets with the Saints for many years. He's with San Diego now, not sure how he's doing. Regardless, he's had a great NFL career.

I think the word "great" is being a little overstated. Great careers end in the HOF, Meachem is nowhere near that. He hasn't even been first round worthy, solid yes.

This year - Rec 14 / Yds 207 / TD 2

Career GP 75/REC 155/Yds 2,476/TD 25

There is nothing great in these numbers

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to jamalamerican31:

No, buffoon or clown is exactly what I meant, Einstein..Still confused, DA??

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to pms151:

BS, PM demands a similar fb IQ and unless I'm way off CP isn't studying film and running percision routes that are needed in PM's offense.

GainesvilleVol1 writes:

Good luck to all the Vols headed to the NFL, can't knock them for leaving. Thanks for being a Vol in a very tough era.

GO VOLS!!

tensie2004 writes:

Dropping t.d. passes in the nfl is not a good thing Justin. Good luck with that.

TitanandVolfan4life writes:

Nothing new here.

Hunter has a kid and needs to take care of his family.

Real fans need to simply be thankful for the time these young men give to our footVol team and say THANKS and wish them all the best in the future.

I hope he does well and will always help and support our Tennessee program.

VFL...GBO!!!

DeltaCharlie3 writes:

in response to dvols:

Go get Derrick Green......

TN is due a stud RB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Word is, he's a silent commit to Michigan.

DeltaCharlie3 writes:

Who? You mean UT managed to land a 0-star rb? Wow, Butchy is on a roll.

underthehill writes:

in response to DEMS_KEEP_ME_IN_CHAINS:

I think it had to do with grades..and not attending class..which would indicate to me he may have to attend Jr College..

BornTNfan writes:

I truly wish JH would stay and CP would go. I am tired of seeing CP run 55 yards east/west to avoid taking a hit instead of putting his head down and running north/south. Yes, JH dropped some easy balls as did CP and Rivera...Rodgers was the go to guy this year. I wish them all the best in their decision and thank them for wearing the colors of true vol fans...ORANGE & WHITE!