Vol_in_Mich writes:

Pleeeeeeze, no Dooley stories in '13.
Pretty please!

PUL4VOLS writes:

Vol_in_Mich...you can bet on a lot of Dooley comparisons, good or bad. That's the landscape. One thing seems to be true about Butch Jones, HE WON'T CARE what is reported about former coaches! A New Day is Dawning in Vollaland for football. It should be exciting.

volforeverandever writes:

in response to Vol_in_Mich:

Pleeeeeeze, no Dooley stories in '13.
Pretty please!

There will be when they can't think of anything else to write about with a Kiffin story thrown in too.

utjunkie writes:

in response to collegegrovebilly:

I think the jury is still out on Hart, as bad as the kentucky loss was he would have taken more heat for firing him.
To say that Hart doesn't want UT to win is a little crazy. If they don't win he will lose his job, a job making 750K a year (I think thats his salary). You don't find jobs like that anywhere, if he lost it he would working at school like Carson Newman making about 25 percent of what he was making. Trust me this guy wants UT to be sucessful and win big, because he doesn't want to lose that gravy job he has now.
Many people don't like him because he is from bama, Pat Dye was a georgia guy who made auburn winners, Vince Dooley was an auburn guy who made georgia winners. Bottom line is you may not work for your alama matter but they aren't writing your check and you don't want to be a failure.

underthehill writes:

I don't see how any reasonable person can say Hart had the best interest of UT at heart when he signed Sunseri to a contract that I think was a bama buddy buddy deal that done more harm to UT than can be determined..

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

Dooley being fired was a huge story, not only because he didn't win, but also because he was so close to getting it done. I know he lost Wilcox and Sirmon, but UT was on the cusp of turning this around if not for the horrendous decision to hire Sal and Ansley.

GoVols025 writes:

in response to collegegrovebilly:

Only if, as you promised, you had delivered Cowher would there by any chance of UT being in contention for the SEC east this year. But, as usual, street punk billy failed again. Failure ... the story of street punk billy's life. A born loser.

For this program to truly move forward, UT needs to shed itself of idiot naysaying negaVol loser "fans" like street punk billy ... from Tuscaloosa.

born2ride writes:

The #1 story in 2012 was Jon Gruden.

People do not realize how close we came to getting Gruden and the immediate impact he would have made. It came down to salaries for his assistants but Dave Hart dropped the ball. We could have been a national power again.

volforeverandever writes:

in response to born2ride:

The #1 story in 2012 was Jon Gruden.

You do know that stuff you're smoking is illigal don't you?

VolzsFan writes:

anything UT football should not have been in the top 5. Get a life and understand that UT is just back to it's mediocre pre 1990 ways and will remain there. Adjust your expectations because it is going to be a very long and painful ride.

movol53 writes:

born 2ride please provide proof of this "Gruden" rumor. Also, if born2ride is in Washington state or Colorado what he is smokin' is legal. If he's typing from his mommies basement; probably not.

fearthehound writes:

in response to born2ride:

The #1 story in 2012 was Jon Gruden.

Proof, please. Or evidence--any little tiny shred of evidence will do. Nothing, I bet!! You have nothing, except your normal BS nonsense. What do you got, chump?

fearthehound writes:

in response to GlennFordsFoible:

Will we ever be free of you? That's the question. First, it was Hamilton you hated, then Dooley and Hamilton, then Dooley, then Dooley and Hart, then Hart, next Hart and Jones, then Jones, then Jones and whover else is the next AD. It will continue on until KNS bans you and appoints someone to monitor when you create another screen name. I'm available. Sorry loser.

fearthehound writes:

in response to GlennFordsFoible:

He is 100% correct, is he? Well, that's comforting to know he got a testimonial from a fine, upstanding witness such as you. Let's see your evidence, as well, sissy boy. Like I thought, you have none. I guess your evidence will be some retread Basilio BS. You do realize that's how those guys make a living, right?

Couchdummy writes:

The retirement of Pat Summitt should trump any of the other 2012 stories. After a 38 year career at UT, she is a national treasure. The noble way she handled herself and her illness in stepping down caught the attention, admiration and love of Americans and literally people throughout the world.

volforeverandever writes:

in response to GlennFordsFoible:

So,you have been smoking the wacky stuff too.You and the lonesome rider must be on some kind of wild trip.I think someone put something in the weed because it won't make you that crazy without something added.You both are out there.Jon Gruden and Dave Hart said the very same thing.Hart asked and Gruden said I am not interested,I like the job I have so I can spend lots of time with my family,and if I did go back to coaching it will be on the pro level.Please call my agent and let him know of your offer because that is his job.I wish you well in your search.That is all that that ever happened in the great Gruden chase.Both say money was never discussed.He likes being with his kids in their youth.Both said the same thing plus the agent.People like you were being laughed at on ESPN because they knew it was a fantasy.So take another hit on that big one you have rolled up there and then you can come back and tell us that you and congress and senate have solved all our problems. We owe no money it's all been paid and the budget is balanced and all is well.Must be some trip you and the rider are on. Dream on.

SevenT writes:

in response to collegegrovebilly:

Lay off the sauce Pal because you are delusional, UT doesn't have enough talent to beat an SEC team with or without doofey. Don't be ignorant

allvol8 writes:

in response to GlennFordsFoible:

You are 100%WRONG! Gruden never had interest in the job ..get that thru your thick skull..

Vol_in_Mich writes:

All B.S.

Vol_in_Mich writes:

in response to SevenT:

Beat Kentucky, didn't they?

chad954ut writes:

Can this newspaper publish three articles without bringing up Dooley. He was the worst coach in UT history. Stop looking at the past and take a page from new coach Butch Jones and stay positive for the future. Positive attitudes for the team and the fan base will go a long way.

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

Whatever that dolt GFF said, looks like he's p1zzed off..Looks like my job is done.

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to SevenT:

I suppose you're correct, beating tucky shouldn't qualify as an SEC win.

rtrchatt writes:

in response to collegegrovebilly:

You know nothing about Bama fb Skippy, but let me give you a few FACTS. Bama has more alltime wins, bowl games, bowl wins, 10 win seasons, SEC Titles, National Titles, undefeated seasons
consensus allamericans and NFL Hall of Fame menbers than ROCKY FLOP...... Series record is 49-39-7 and Saban will OWN YOUR SSA again in 2013.

Did I miss anything? Enjoy your repeat appearance in the Home for the Holidays Losers
Bowl...... I say its great to be a tinUHceeeee
vul.

KVCrockett writes:

in response to underthehill:

I think hart put in more effort on his hair makeover than anything else.

SevenT writes:

in response to collegegrovebilly:

Four first round picks.....that is hilarious! OK toddygirl please name these 4 first round picks.

SevenT writes:

in response to collegegrovebilly:

Patterson has a shot as a late 1st round. I would say Hunter except for the questions about his knee injury. Bray and Thomas have no shot as a 1st round pick.

Ever heard of Carson Palmer toddy?

abnerPeabody writes:

in response to utjunkie:

Utjunkie. why try to explain anything to Collegegrovebilly? You should know by now he dosen't have enough between the ears to comperhend the truth.He is too full of hatred to reason anything.

abnerPeabody writes:

in response to born2ride:

The #1 story in 2012 was Jon Gruden.

Gruden was never close to being our coach. He said from the begining he was not interested in as much as an interview.Born to lie should be your name. By the way,if you were born to ride,I would suggest you not ride with Petrino.

abnerPeabody writes:

in response to collegegrovebilly:

You may have gone too far with the Logan Young statement. I truly hope that is your downfall.You deservre anything that could potentially become you.

Moesart writes:

"People do not realize how close we came to getting Gruden and the immediate impact he would have made."

Wow. Denial is another river in Knoxville. Bet you though they just had the one.

Vol_in_Mich writes:

in response to collegegrovebilly:

Why the HeII you pulling for Notre Damn? Satan wins another NC at Bama, he has nothing left to do. That record should last a while. The Browns would be a good job for him, the money would be outa site & Haslem (unlike the Dolphins) would get the players Nick wanted. He'll be outta here. It's just a shame (in my opinion) that Vol fans think that's the only way UT will ever beat Bama. Things are just not the same with Vol football as it once was.

Vol_in_Mich writes:

Being the big UT boosters they are, I wonder why Haslem doesn't offer the Browns Job to Fulmer?

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to Vol_in_Mich:

Or why has no other job been offered to PF?

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to collegegrovebilly:

Got to agree with you this time, Toddy..Bammer's Cornelius Bennett purposely broke Tony Robinson's leg in 1985 and the crowd applauded the move..I hate the tide to this day and have pulled for the Irish over them since Ara Parsegian's team upset Bear and his boys in the early 70's.

BigBadVol writes:

in response to utjunkie:

Dang, that is an insightful post. I wish I could come on here and read more comments like this. I will always love my Vols! VFL will endure!

Vol_in_Mich writes:

in response to OrangeAndBlueWaffles88:

You being a Gator fan, I don't give a flying f... what you think.

volforeverandever writes:

in response to Vol_in_Mich:

They want to win.

decades_vol (Inactive) writes:

in response to rtrchatt:

Bowl...... I say its great to be a tinUHceeeee
vul.

Maybe Saban won't own the Big Orange next year. Maybe he will be wearing brown and orange next year, trying to turn Trent Richardson in the next Jim Brown. He has been to the NFL once with the Dolphins, so why not try it again? Maybe he'll try to do what Steve Spurrier would not do. If Bama wins against ND (3-4 national titles would be outstanding, I hate to admit), maybe Nick will take Haslam's money and run. It would be ironic, wouldn't it? Then if he didn't make it, maybe the Browns would turn to Gruden. That would really be something, wouldn't it? It sounds almost Shakespearian, doesn't it? And I would love every minute of it.

fearthehound writes:

in response to collegegrovebilly:

Damn son, I might like you better than I thought I did.

Einstein writes:

Well now we do not have Derek Dooley to kick around any longer.

Einstein writes:

What about the Olympics track and field medals? They were more impressive than the swimming relays. Dee Dee Trotter and Tianna Madison both won Gold Medals in the 400 and 100 relays respectively. Dee Dee won a Bronze in the 400m. Tianna placed 4th or 5th in the 100m is what I remember.