LibertyVol writes:

Can't hate on Tyler too much. Horrible "D" kept us from being 8-4 or 9-3. I hope he can put "childish things in the past" and realize that playing QB is as much about mental prep as physical tools. Agree CJC helped him more than we probably know. Good luck Tyler.

ncvol11 writes:

We won't start winning again until we can recruit in the top 10 in the country. We just received a comittment from a two star lineman. I wonder how that will play out against Fl.Ga. SC. and Bama.
I honestly don't know what that staff is thinking. They are in a new league and over their collective heads!!!!

CCLC writes:

in response to ncvol11:

You're right. As controversial as the D has been I'm sure SOD wishes he could have that decision back to switch to the 3-4. Takes about 3 years to implement. Recruiting, familiarity etc. Still one wonders if that was the only guy he could get to fill the spot and well that is what he brought. Hart is asleep at the wheel letting that slip by. SOD didn't have 3 years. Anyway. I'd be less concerned if the Offense wasn't taking such a HUGE hit. Consider..... are there any three bigger players for a team than Tyler Bray, Cordarrelle Patterson and Justin Hunter?
Patterson and Hunter accounted for over 1850 of the Vols' 3787 yards of recieving this past year. When you consider they are also losing TE Mychal River and WR Zach Rogers to graduation, that is over 2/3 of their recieving yards and 185 of their 285 receptions. If I were to pull out my magic 8 ball would I dial up "Outlook dim." ?
just sayin'

KVCrockett writes:

Wow, DON YEE got a DON KEY.

pcorange writes:

in response to notfunanymore:

Dude, he was one of the better QBs this school has seen. Yeah, he's got some growing up to do, but he's a damn good QB. If we'd had any semblance of a defense whatsoever this past year, we would have been playing Alabama for the SEC championship instead of Georgia. It's no wonder the five stars are passing us up and nobody will coach here the way our fans act.

pcorange writes:

in response to david_light_38230#225602:

If it weren't for Coach Chaney, Bray would have been a complete loss. Bray has the physical tools but the mental aspect has been suspect, this may be due to his immaturity as an individual.

Another year in college would greatly help Bray, but given the new "system", offensive coaches, etc - it is probably best that Bray enters the draft.

Bray owes Coach Chaney a HUGE thank you for his work with him, and the offense that made Bray a college success.

Good luck in the NFL!!

GO VOLS!!

I agree with you about his immaturity, but if you look at Jay Cutler from Vandy and now the starting QB for the Chicago Bears, he is just as immature and has been starting in the NFL for several years now. However, I believe attitude still holds Cutler back and it may hold Bray back as well. Still think he is a very good QB, though, and we will miss him next year.

Prostar writes:

in response to ncvol11:

If you're talking about the guard from Cincinnati, maybe you should research him a little more before you "dis" him. He's 6'4", 300 lbs and rated #3 in Ohio. Eddie Gran was re-recruiting him for the Bearcats and Ohio State was wanting him as well. I'll let Coach Jones and Mahoney do the evaluating, I'll offer the support, GBO

pastor_VOLSfan writes:

For all those bashing Bray, remember that when "that coach I will never name" left for the west coast he tried to convince the student who were going to enroll early to not go to class in case he wanted to recruit them to his new school. Bray held firm on his commitment to TN and that convinced others in the class to stay commited as well. I thought that took a great amount of faith and maturity. In hind sight he might have been better off going somewhere else.

In fairness, his legacy will be that he was one of the most talented qbs to play at TN but played a one of the programs lowest and most turmoil filled times. He has shown flashes of greatness but also sturggled in some of TN's biggest games.

The last I read, he is projected as a late 1st round pick which is a dicy place to be in the draft. Depending on team needs and how the draft plays out he could find himself an early 2nd round pick. There is a huge pay drop from1st to 2nd round and almost no bonus money for 2nd round picks. I think another year would mayby help his quality of play and decision making but with all the unknowns at widereciever he would probably not put up the numbers he did this year and not really improve his draft position. That is a tough situation to be in and it is probably best for him to go now while the money is there.

At this point he has the talent to be a Peyton Manning but the maturity to be a Ryan Lief. I am hoping for the former. I appriciate his accomplishments as a Vol and wish him the best at the next level.

SevenT writes:

TB lead Tennessee to back to back 5 win seasons

No doubt he will be a NFL bust

TNVol71 writes:

Tyler, thanks for making it an exciting 3 years. Wish we could have won more games, but that's the hand we got dealt. Best of luck to you on the next level with your career. Hope it works out well for your. Go Vols!!

Witch_Doctors writes:

in response to notfunanymore:

Witch Doctor say by your post its clear you know more about "girly" men and Losers than sports. Witch Doctor believe you would fit better on www.catfancy.com. Bwhahaha
Bones never lie.

Tru138 writes:

in response to 9willbesofine:

Didn't get to see what you posted before it got poofed, but I'm sure it was oh so witty. Posting at 2:27 a.m.? Get a life. But for the life of me I can't figure out how my post got bounced.

VolGrad writes:

in response to traderjoe:

He'll make a good Raider.

Funny.

VolGrad writes:

in response to Witch_Doctors:

Witch Doctor say easy to see who played sports by their comments and the "hate" bray ones that played with dolls in their moms closet.
Bones never lie.

LOL.

I wish him the best, but I'm still ready to see someone else back there. Mostly I'm just anxious to see what Butch can do for us on that side of the ball.

Go Vols!!!

Witch_Doctors writes:

in response to VolGrad:

LOL.

Go Vols!!!

Witch Doctor believe we're all ready for something new! lol. Witch Doctor say this garden hadnt been weeded in a while ...just had to smack a few of the dumb ones again lol.
Bones never lie.

jryevols#222657 writes:

This just end on ESPNLASTCHANCE .... Steelers have decided that they will not go after bray , when Rottenberger announced that he would continue to throw games as he has in the past. ESPN discovered that Justin Hunter's agent called the Steelers office and informed them that if they needed a second round draft wide receiver that couldn't catch a " cold " much less the ball to take him. He did however indicate that he would need a bonus if he accidently caught one.

VolGrad writes:

in response to Witch_Doctors:

Bones never lie.

That last phrase describes a full time job that has no pay and very few benefits. But I must confess to accepting that challenge myself on a few occasions.

Go Vols!

Orangeblood13 writes:

No respect these days from kids. Announcing on twitter, hiring an agent without even announcing to your school. Under armor game kids want to take a spotlight and line up hats, they haven't done anything yet. I'm certainly showing my age, but respect is extinct in youth these days for the most part

Vol_USArmy_Soldier writes:

Erratic play and tantrums. In three years people will be asking "Tyler who?" C ya Bray.

pcorange writes:

Go ahead and run Bray down. I promise you he will be missed next year. He will do well in the NFL.

pcorange writes:

in response to Orangeblood13:

I agree to an extent, but I'm not sure I blame Bray. Our fans have been awful to him and Dooley constantly threw him under the bus while ignoring the elephant in the room (Sunseri's defense). He's probably leaving with a bad taste in his mouth like Arian Foster did.

murrayvol writes:

in response to BIVOLAR_BEARE:

How bout them Cardinals!!

Shame they couldn't hang 50 on the "greatest defense in the SEC"......NOT.

TigerShark10 writes:

Bad decision,needs more experience and growth. Too bad.

gerwmor writes:

You people who are so negative on Bray, let it go. He did not handle a lot of a bad situation well. But you people who never played a down and sit on your butts and complain about a kid who kept his promise to UT even after the coach that recruited him left are the ones who need to grow up and get a life. Regardless of it all, he will have one as an NFL player, even if he never starts a game.

Rockytopfan96 writes:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im gonna miss Tyler sooooo much. He made Tennessee Football COMPLETE!!
LOVE YA TYLER!!

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

I hope Don Yee isn't in a similar situation like Jerry Maguire..

smokeygrowl writes:

Jeff George

Orangeblood13 writes:

in response to pcorange:

Def think we will miss him more than hate him

Supersayin1 writes:

Some of you so called VOLS fans are Just plain sad!! This kid put his body on the line and gave his all for UT and all you could say is be gone, and glad he's gone?? REALLY????

Bray lit up score boards,and kept us in several games with his arm! With better coaching Bray would have been a top 5 QB this year.

And for anyone who says (We can start winning now) Sorry but Not a single QB we have can make the throws Bray had to make, and niether will that QB have the weapons to throw to to make himself look good like Bray did!

So chill out, dang no wonder Kids don't wanna come to UT after reading these fan sites and posts!!

Supersayin1 writes:

in response to Witch_Doctors:

Witch Doctor ask you been watching sports long? Geez how stupid a comment..hahaha. Witch Doctor guess you one of the dummies saying Foster wouldnt make in the NFL too. Go away retarded bill
Bones never lie.

So true Witchy So true!

KingDanno (Inactive) writes:

Fan, KingDanno doesn't care.

volbob writes:

Bray will likely turn out like Ainge in the NFL, just w/o the habit. He never seemed very comfortable in Knoxville. Rocket of an arm, though. I don't know the guy, but his actions scream immature. Maybe he will grow up. Good luck, kid. Next...

r_tomason writes:

Talented? Absolutely. However, like most, I think he has some serious shortcomings in the maturity department. With that said, I wouldn't think the NFL is the place for raw talent, and raw talent alone (hello? Calling Casey Clausen). I really do wish he would have stayed for his last year, but without his core receivers AND an entirely new coaching staff/system, I really cannot blame him. Even though, I'm not expecting him to to much, at the next level.

Regardless, I do wish him well in the next stage of his life. Whatever that may be.

takespix writes:

The bottom line on Bray. A talented quarterback that, despite the clashes with, was a reflection of his coach. He could get Tennessee in a position to win, but just didn't know HOW TO WIN. Didn't cut it in the SEC and it cetainly won't cut it in the NFL.

suggest_removal_4_all_troll_posts writes:

Hear Yee! Hear Yee!

Bray's not ready but Yee wish him luck.

BigOrangeSassy writes:

He has the tools but I am concerned about his attitude and maturity. Given the right coach and system he could be a great QB if he can get his head out of the way. I beleive if he finds a coach he can put his faith and trust in, he'll do great. Good Luck, Tyler.

hueypilot writes:

in response to volbil09:

couldn't have said it better myself, great talent, but no discipline, heart or dedication. He is a disgrace to the #8 vol jersey. If Andy Kelly had his talent he would he would have been a hall of fame nfl Qb.

Andy Kelly led Tennessee to more big wins over big time opponents than any QB with possible exception of Tee. After the comeback at South Bend he'll always be my favorite UT QB.

jtdavis#215752 writes:

I wish Bray well but dont see where he has much of a place in the NFL. In his entire college career he never won a significant game. As with all former Vols I wish him well- but dont see a huge demand for his services in the NFL.

brokendownoldvol writes:

Bust!!

volfan1202 writes:

Begone Bray!

Keep chucking those beer bottles and golf balls at car windshields somewhere else.

volforeverandever writes:

Thank God and Grayhound he's gone.

mikethehistorystudent writes:

Highlights of Ferguson. Not too bad. I'd give him 3.5 stars.

bolliniu#329476 writes:

AHHH phooey to all you dudes trashing Bray If the Vols had a decent defense rather than close to the worst in the country ( worst Vols defense ever) THEN the results woud have differed to a 7 0r 8 win season Even peyton would have no control over such a crappy defense
You Bray trashers make me want t throw up..