usnavyvolfan__times_free_press_can_shove_it writes:

in response to 8inarow:

I don't think people are stupid about this, I think they are realistic about the prospects of the Big Dance.

Probably a better chance of hiring Dooley back....

Probably a better chance of the Gators beating Louisville.

8inarow writes:

in response to usnavyvolfan__times_free_press_can_shove_it:

Probably a better chance of the Gators beating Louisville.

Vandy.

8inarow writes:

in response to BIVOLAR_BEARE:

Who would have guessed UT would sweep FU last year?? You never know..

Yea..how did that work out for you?

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to 8inarow:

Vandy.

I didn't know Vandy had defeated FU?

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to 8inarow:

Yea..how did that work out for you?

I agree that was hilarious..Sweep Sweep..

8inarow writes:

Heck, I posted about basketball, and you posted about Louisville, so I though you wanted to talk about how well you did in football now..remember Vandy?!!

YOU LOST TO VANDY!...of course, you lost to the Gators for the 8th straight time and 22 out of the last 27, but who is counting.

usnavyvolfan__times_free_press_can_shove_it writes:

in response to 8inarow:

I didn't know Dooley was a basketball coach....DA

usnavyvolfan__times_free_press_can_shove_it writes:

in response to 8inarow:

We could count the number of arrests of FU football players, but that would rival the national debt, and I have better things to do.

8inarow writes:

in response to usnavyvolfan__times_free_press_can_shove_it:

I didn't know Dooley was a basketball coach....DA

I will type slowly this time so you can keep up. Some yokel posted how the Vols were going to win the SEC Tourney and get an automatic bid.

I said there was a better chance of you hiring Dooley back.

Get your granddaughter to explain this to you if you still don't get it.

8inarow writes:

in response to usnavyvolfan__times_free_press_can_shove_it:

Who is "The Fulmer Cup" named after?

JonGrudensAgent writes:

in response to usnavyvolfan__times_free_press_can_shove_it:

IT's hard to believe that there are people dumb enough to forget that even if the Vols DO finish under .500, they could still win the SEC tournament and get an automatic bid.

1979 was the last time the Vols won an SEC tournament and there have been a lot better teams than this one fall short in the SEC tourney over those years.

Just because something could happen doesn't mean it will happen.

laraccoon writes:

in response to usnavyvolfan__times_free_press_can_shove_it:

Probably a better chance of the Gators beating Louisville.

at anything, lol

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to JonGrudensAgent:

Just because something could happen doesn't mean it will happen.

Uhhh, that's the whole point for or against..Was it over when the German's bombed Pearl Harbor??

JonGrudensAgent writes:

in response to BIVOLAR_BEARE:

My point was pretty clear in the first part of the post.

Much better teams than this vintage took a shot at winning the SEC tournament and failed.

This one will as well and that is their only shot at getting to the Big Dance IMO.

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to JonGrudensAgent:

My point was pretty clear in the first part of the post.

Youth is wasted on the young..

JonGrudensAgent writes:

in response to BIVOLAR_BEARE:

Youth is wasted on the young..

"One man who has a mind and knows it can always beat ten men who haven't and don't".

I always feel like the one man when I post here.

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to JonGrudensAgent:

I always feel like the one man when I post here.

I always feel like you are an egotistical JA, that knows far less than he thinks he does..Just an observation.

MooseandSquirrelVol writes:

in response to 8inarow:

Who is "The Fulmer Cup" named after?

Some guy who never won it.

in response to BruisedOrange:

As they say on Beale Street... "Didja get a whistle with them steamboats?"

Seriously though, when Stokes gets a feel for leverage, and realizes what kind of fulcrum those big-20s can be, he'll be able to do some serious damage in the lane. Right now, he still gets moved out by taller defenders.

Much to learn, grasshopper. But you will prevail.

I agree. There aren't going to be many SEC post players Stokes can jump over to score on the way he doubtlessly did in HS. But guys his size and build can score reliably in the NBA who have learned how to use angles and leverage created by good fakes and footwork. Golden is another one who will get better and better the more he learns to do his work on the floor rather than trying to improvise in the air. On offense in particular, he seems to forget that he is only 6'1". He leaves his feet too soon on some of his drives to the basket and he tries to throw over guys when he is double-teamed in the back-court. He is strong enough in his lower body that few guards can dislodge him or turn him when he gets his hips and shoulders past them, and he wouldn't turn it over as much when pressed if he learns to get low and throw firm bounce passes between double-teamers. Even so, both Stokes and Golden looked a lot better than they have in most recent games. You have to take a win against a team like MSU with a grain of salt, but for this game at least, nearly all the guys were at least trying to do the things they do well and mostly succeeding at them.

in response to richvol:

It's not Maymon that causes his misses from point blank range. He missed 4 or 5 shots right under the basket last night and every game for that matter. Stokes needs drilling on shooting contested,and even uncontested layups.

Good points in this and your previous post. Stokes still seems to play too much up on his toes as if he was the tallest guy on the court, as he no doubt usually was in HS. His biggest asset at this level is his strength and ample backside, but that only does you good in wedging out space on the floor. That is all you need if you do it right. I also agree with your previous comment about needing to use the backboard more. That seems to be a common failing with modern post players. As with many other bad habits of modern players, I think much of this goes back to playground ball when they were growing up. Playground goals are often shaky, lots of the backboards are the small metal half-moon type that have a smaller area than standards ones do, and the ball doesn't bounce uniformly off every part of them. So guys grow up trying to power the ball up inside and then trying to just ease it over the rim. The thing is, standard college rims are also tighter than those in many playgrounds so a shot that catches any rim is less likely to lay there until it decides to fall in. It takes regular, constant, somewhat boring drills to instill proper use of the backboard in players who haven't grown up using it.

Basketvol writes:

in response to JonGrudensAgent:

Just because something could happen doesn't mean it will happen.

"Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford

in response to VOLSnTITANS:

Good win. Passed the ball well. Keep it up vols.

My only complaint is that I'm not a fan of CM calling timeouts after the vols make a big shot. Kills momentum and quiets the home crowd. Yesterday CM called timeout after the vols hit a big 3 and out of the timeout the Vols immediately committed a foul and then gave up a layup. I prefer to let them play w/o stopping the mojo when it's on your side.

I agree. Pre-programmed timeouts and substitutions are a bad idea. A coach has to have a feel for how a game is going at a given time. When things are going your way, put the hammer down and let the guys who are playing well play until they STOP playing well. THEN call a timeout, substitute, and regroup.

in response to licknpromise777#651578:

Good call..All the player rotation Martin has been doing has paid off.He no longer has to worry about inserting Reese or Moore and having a drop off or turnovers.Hall and McBee are rightfully losing minutes.It's unfortunate that Yemi still has trouble handling the ball when he gets a great feed pass.Iam loving how Richardson is totally fearless.Josh will be first team SEC his senior year.IMO that Bama loss is looming somewhat large..Big difference between 1 and 3 and being 2 and 2 right now..Getting a win and some ESPN hidelines at Ole Miss would be huge

Good comments. Yemi is improving all the time, but it is still obvious that he really hasn't played all that much--five or six years altogether, maybe? He looks like he is always surprised when he gets a feed, even if he is in position for one. He needs to make a habit of keeping his hands up in a good "catching" position so he doesn't have to move them as far to catch a quick pass. He also tends to have his knees too straight and tends to shoot from off his tiptoes as quickly as he can get a shot off rather than gathering himself, seeing where his opening is, and then EXPLODING to the basket. The other young ones are indeed coming along nicely. Now if Cheivous and Edwards can get a clue, this team will have all it needs to be a handful for anybody.

brokendownoldvol writes:

Both teams bad, very bad.

golfman1975 writes:

in response to RememberWhen:

LMAO! hard to believe there are really people dumb enough to put this team and the Dance in the same sentence! This team will be VERY lucky to finish above .500!

RememberWhen...you weren't here...

golfman1975 writes:

in response to Samuel_L_Salma_GataBait_HowBoutDemCowboys_BlueWaffles88:

Hope you guys are ready for Feb, 26.

We are always ready for you...check the history.

You are our btch..

golfman1975 writes:

in response to laraccoon:

if i was fixing to clock in at Hardees i would be bitter too .

Ouch! Good one. Love good zingers..

golfman1975 writes:

in response to BIVOLAR_BEARE:

What are your credentials? True enough I only played HS BB, but have been following the sport NBA/CBB for almost 50 years. I do know more than most, and would almost guarantee I know more than ewe.

I am so impressed...you are so humble.

golfman1975 writes:

in response to 8inarow:

I said there was a better chance of you hiring Dooley back.

Get your granddaughter to explain this to you if you still don't get it.

I will type slow so you an follow...Here is the quote.
IT's hard to believe that there are people dumb enough to forget that even if the Vols DO finish under .500, they "could" still win the SEC tournament and get an automatic bid.

Did you see the word...COULD...not WERE.

Try hooked on phonics...and if you have trouble there is always a dictionary you can refer to.

Be sure to keep us posted on your life in the stupid pit...never mind.

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to golfman1975:

I am so impressed...you are so humble.

Hey, I'm not trying to win a popularity contest..Just defending my statements against a troll, if that bothers you IDGAD!

Samuel_L_Salma_GataBait_HowBoutDemCowboys_BlueWaffles88 writes:

in response to golfman1975:

We are always ready for you...check the history.

You are our btch..

Maybe YOU should try hooked on phonics. There's no such thing as a "btch."

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to Samuel_L_Salma_GataBait_HowBoutDemCowboys_BlueWaffles88:

Maybe YOU should try hooked on phonics. There's no such thing as a "btch."

I have to say; That was funny, 88..

Samuel_L_Salma_GataBait_HowBoutDemCowboys_BlueWaffles88 writes:

in response to BIVOLAR_BEARE:

I have to say; That was funny, 88..

Likin' the new name?

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to Samuel_L_Salma_GataBait_HowBoutDemCowboys_BlueWaffles88:

Likin' the new name?

Yeah, you sure you couldn't add a couple of extra words to make a complete sentence..lmao.

Samuel_L_Salma_GataBait_HowBoutDemCowboys_BlueWaffles88 writes:

in response to BIVOLAR_BEARE:

Good idea... I'll keep that in mind next time I get kicked off lol

golfman1975 writes:

in response to Samuel_L_Salma_GataBait_HowBoutDemCowboys_BlueWaffles88:

Maybe YOU should try hooked on phonics. There's no such thing as a "btch."

Btch=you. Takes a man to be a bass terd.

Samuel_L_Salma_GataBait_HowBoutDemCowboys_BlueWaffles88 writes:

in response to golfman1975:

Btch=you. Takes a man to be a bass terd.

GolfGirl,

I see you still think "btch" is a word. Take my advice and pick up a dictionary. A spelling tutor wouldn't be such a bad idea, either.

golfman1975 writes:

in response to Samuel_L_Salma_GataBait_HowBoutDemCowboys_BlueWaffles88:

GolfGirl,

You really that stupid? Can't you figure it out?

Samuel_L_Salma_GataBait_HowBoutDemCowboys_BlueWaffles88 writes:

in response to golfman1975:

You really that stupid? Can't you figure it out?

Hooked on Phonics is a commercial brand of educational materials, ... and its telephone number "1-800-ABCDEFG" (1-800-222-3334),

Just call the d*** number, already

golfman1975 writes:

in response to Samuel_L_Salma_GataBait_HowBoutDemCowboys_BlueWaffles88:

Just call the d*** number, already

Keep it up...you won't be here long anyway.

Then you will have to come up with another great name...I think Goofy is available.

Samuel_L_Salma_GataBait_HowBoutDemCowboys_BlueWaffles88 writes:

in response to golfman1975:

Keep it up...you won't be here long anyway.

Nah... I'll keep the next name short and simple. I think "btch" would do just fine lolololol

golfman1975 writes:

in response to Samuel_L_Salma_GataBait_HowBoutDemCowboys_BlueWaffles88:

Sounds good. Simple fits you.

VolFanInTheBoro (Inactive) writes:

in response to Samuel_L_Salma_GataBait_HowBoutDemCowboys_BlueWaffles88:

punk

Lizardgrad89 writes:

in response to usnavyvolfan__times_free_press_can_shove_it:

Probably a better chance of the Gators beating Louisville.

Vol fans now have to live vicariously through Louisville? I knew you guys had fallen, but wow.

golfman1975 writes:

in response to Lizardgrad89:

Sorry you lost to Louisville...like a pebble in your shoe.

Samuel_L_Salma_GataBait_HowBoutDemCowboys_BlueWaffles88 writes:

in response to golfman1975:

Sorry you lost to Louisville...like a pebble in your shoe.

11-2... Sugar Bowl berth.. Wins over A&M, LSWHO, Lamecocks, Vawls, and of course, the one and only Free Shoes University! I'll take it!!

golfman1975 writes:

in response to Samuel_L_Salma_GataBait_HowBoutDemCowboys_BlueWaffles88:

I said I was sorry...WOW!

Take a chill pill.

Vols4Ever writes:

in response to Samuel_L_Salma_GataBait_HowBoutDemCowboys_BlueWaffles88:

Your team previously had what could be a truly exemplary record. Usually at least 2 felony charges a year. Now you've descended to having those that can only steal motorized bicycles. The University of Felons can't keep up with Free Shoes and the Criminal Canes.

Samuel_L_Salma_GataBait_HowBoutDemCowboys_BlueWaffles88 writes:

in response to Vols4Ever:

Exactly! The University of Florida is known for WINNING. Football, basketball, baseball, tennis, beer bottle throwing ( wide grin) we want to win! The "U" needs something that can compare to the Fulmer cup.

P.S The "U" will always be the dirtiest school in the state of Florida. Still don't see how they steal recruits from UF and FSWHO. SMH!!

Samuel_L_Salma_GataBait_HowBoutDemCowboys_BlueWaffles88 writes:

in response to golfman1975:

I said I was sorry...WOW!

Take a chill pill.

I'm not mad at all. I had tears of joy typing all those great wins UF had this year. Oh.. Btw, I don't need a chill pill. I got Canadian Mist by my side.

:D