r2d2 writes:

in response to golfman1975:

LV's had a 10 loss team that won the NC in 1996. Every team in the final 4 had beaten the LV's and they beat an undefeated UConn team in the semi's. You never know what will happen, all it takes is an off night by ND and some strong play and it could happen. If the same team shows up that beat North Carolina you never know. I think HW will zone...mix it up to give inside help.

Remember, Chamique Holdsclaw was on the 1996 team. She was injured and did not play most of those 10 losses.

golfman1975 writes:

Lady Vol's have the 3 worst records to ever win the NC...fact. That is why they play the games
instead of taking the favorite every time.

Theo writes:

in response to smokeygrowl:

WHO CARES

Pretty much everybody here since this is a Lady Vol site. Odd.

Volinflan writes:

in response to maxvolfan#217855:

A lot of watercooler talk until Monday. Here's my take. This game against ND will be just another measuring stick on how well we can play come tourney time. I will be happy with a win , but I wouldn't be disappointed if we lose by 8 or less. That would prove we can compete. Not sure how we would stop Griner and co. One game at a time. Key games TXAM and UK . We win out even with a loss to ND I think we can squeeze a #2 seed .

So, if we win out including ND do we get a One seed? Of course there's still the SEC tournament and it's gonna be a bugger boo with 14 teams.

golfman1975 writes:

in response to r2d2:

Michelle Marciniak was the MVP in 1996

SoddyVol writes:

in response to Volinflan:

Nothing is guaranteed and they would probably need help with a couple of teams losing again, like Duke & Cal, or Stanford. Most likely a 2 seed if they can beat A&M and Ky. plus do well in the SEC tourney.

r2d2 writes:

in response to golfman1975:

Michelle Marciniak was the MVP in 1996

Yes she was. I should have said that Chamique was the "missing piece" for the 1996 team. Michelle was the MVP.

smokeygrowl writes:

in response to golfman1975:

All caps...all the time. Brilliant!!!!!!

It is like yelling...anger issues obviously. I bet you could take Megan Simmons one on one, right?
AR!

YES GOLFMAN I COULD BEAT A WOMAN AT ONE ON ONE BASKETBALL THAT WOULD PROVE NOTHING. SO COULD ANY HIGH SCHOOL BOYS VARSITY PLAYER MY GOD.I'M NOT DOWNING WOMEN ITS JUST BORING TO WATCH.

in response to smokeygrowl:

Unless you are at least 6'6", 210, and in terrific shape, you would have all you could handle from any player on the LV squad. You might still have trouble with someone like Candace Parker. If you haven't actually played anybody like that, you have no idea how quick, tough, and strong top-level female players are these days. Unless you have, your attitude is pure unreflective sexism.

in response to THECATTLEMAN_IN_CHARGE:

There is criticism of play and there is personal criticism. You and Smokey often seem unaware of any such distinction. Anybody can criticize this or that aspect of play, but sometimes what you say goes way beyond that. Smokey in particular says up front that he doesn't like or respect women's basketball. That's OK, but why then come on a fan site and proclaim that distaste to obvious fans? I don't have anything to do with things I don't like or respect, but I don't rub it in the faces of people who do like and respect those things. There are ways to criticize with respect; you have done so on occasion but Smokey rarely does.

golfman1975 writes:

in response to smokeygrowl:

No need to yell...take your cap lock off!

You can take your comments and clone them...you always say the same thing.

If you don't like women's college basketball and think it is boring, why even be here?

If you were to play a Lady Vol in basketball...say Megan Simmons, you would get smoked like a cheap cigar. Then you would say they cheated...

golfman1975 writes:

in response to THECATTLEMAN_IN_CHARGE:

I am glad you finally understand...you are sexist and don't understand that women are not going to play like men. My suggestion is you keep away from women's sports. You even criticize them when they win.

If you don't like women's basketball why pay attention to it and then bust their chops on things you think about their game compared to mens college basketball. You need to go criticize mens basketball or some sport you understand like full contact horseshoes...

You can deny it but you are a troll....and we don't care...glad you are here. You keep us entertained.

Good luck finding a good women for Valentines day! If you have one, what do you talk about? How dominant men are over women?

in response to THECATTLEMAN_IN_CHARGE:

I'm glad you are amused. I'm just saying that there is WAY too much overlap in skills, strength, endurance or any other characteristic between men and women that it is completely nonsensical to say, in effect, that ANY male basketball player can ALWAYS beat ANY female basketball player. All you would have to say to be somewhat reasonable about this is to admit that there could well be SOME woman somewhere who could beat SOME man somewhere. And no, I'm not talking about a man with disabilities. Otherwise, as I said, you are just displaying prejudice.

golfman1975 writes:

It is fun to prod Cattleperson...or Cattlewoman...he is just too easy. Like my dad always said...if they put it on a tee...hit it.