golfman1975 writes:

in response to coffy73:

You know, after the loss to Baylor, I read many awful, disgusting things regarding Griner from sore loser fans of Tenn. and I'm seeing similar things about Diggins. Listen, this LV team is good, but not great and disparaging another teams great, star players won't fix it! All it does is make LV fans look like sore losers; Both Skylar and Brittney are amazing players and deserve the accolades they receive. I wish either were on the LV side!

I called Cattlejurk out on this in an earlier post. He is NOT a LV fan and I told him to quit using "WE" on his posts. Don't think we are like that because we are not. He just wants us to look bad when in fact he is showing just what a arse he or she is.

maxvolfan#217855 writes:

in response to Utstudenteric:

This ball game would of been entirely different had Izzy not went down. The rebounding advantage ND had would of been gone much earlier. Not too mention when Izzy went down is when things started to quickly go downhill. Graves said it for herself and probably for the rest of the lady vols when she said she was just "more worried about Izzy at first but then I started playing for her and my breath started coming back to me."
They just got too nervous about what happened. There was a clear change in demeanor. Then you saw them kind of settle down and look what happened. They battled back. That takes a lot of heart and grit. It just came too late. This team has had to deal with a number of obstacles all season. Everyone's doubted them, but they continue to surprise. Don't forget we were ranked 20th at the beginning of the season. Picked 5th in the SEC. Look where we are now! 1st place in the conference. Ninth in the nation. All hope is not lost in Tennessee. Holly Warlick knows what she is doing. You can't expect someone to step in to a head coaching position without a household name player and expect to win a national championship. Just be patient. Give the plethora of talent we have the time it needs to come through.

Just a side note here. The referees had it out for Tennessee the whole evening. One of the Notre Dame players even nearly broke one of the referees hips (which was quite comical after I realized she was okay) and they still let Diggins continually push our players all over the place, as well as let every single one of their girls go over the back all night. Yet they called some of the cheapest fouls I have ever seen in my entire life on the girls in orange. That wasn't why we lost though. Just didn't help. It was especially nice to see Warlick get real fired up after one ref. Don't know if anyone else saw it, but I thought she was about to put a hole through the hardwood as hard as she was stomping around. Elzy even had to pull her away from the ref. Quite a sight.

Hoping Izzy is all right, but it didn't look good.

Good point. One thing I know about this team is they are a tight bunch. And I too could tell that having Izzy out took the team out of the game. Lessons learned they put JJ in too soon in the first half when ND went up 14-9. We can speculate all night but they just have to get back on track Thursday night. I think if Izzy gets back and Burdick gets that shot back we win the SEC .

Theo writes:

in response to maxvolfan#217855:

Well my bday ended on a sour note but I'm proud of my girls for toughen it out and I hope my Izzy gets better. We need you gal. Ok back to getting after Miss St . Thursday.

Sorry the LVs couldn't pull this one out for your big day. But other than that hope you had a great one!
Happy birthday, to you. Happy birthday, to you etc., etc.
I type much better than I sing. You should be thankful. LOL.

Theo writes:

in response to Theo:

Happy birthday, to you. Happy birthday, to you etc., etc.
I type much better than I sing. You should be thankful. LOL.

What I meant was you should be thankful you were only seeing my typing. Not hearing my singing. I've got to proof read more.

coffy73 writes:

in response to maxvolfan#217855:

Name any team with a first year coach that was/is ranked in the top 10 and undefeated in the conference? My friend coach Holly is not going to have very many losing seasons if any at all. That is not Tennessee. Can't you see that we play more lower classmen than any other team in the NCAA? What does that tell you? They are going to be awesome and win championships once the Griners and Diggins of the league graduate.

So what...once Griner/Diggins graduate, Tenn. will magically start winning big games and championships, lol! I'm sorry, but there are some great talents coming to teams like UConn, Baylor...will you blame them if the LVs don't win then? All I heard during the Bjorklund/Strickland/Glory years is "they're young, give them time", but in the end things didn't get better. Gotta stop with the different excuses. I do, however, see a difference in this team and maybe when mercedes russell joins the team, we'll have that leader a top team needs!

jt45 writes:

I hope Izzy recovers Fully before she gets back on the floor again, she has taken some big risk playing with that knee injury on more than one occasion, I dont think she had recovered enough to play yet.

Diggens is the best guard in the country and IMO pretty much schooled Simmons tonight by using screens at will and knocking down alot of key 3 pointers. NDs passing off of screens is nearly impossible to defend in man to man coverage and they picked us apart cutting to the basket, our post need to learn how to step over and help sometimes. It was nice to see the LVs pick up their defensive intensity late in the game and get some stops but it seemed like ND was getting too many offensive rebounds and most of the loose balls. Graves needs help inside and didnt get much except for Jones who continues to impress me with her ability to defend and get rebounds against taller players. She can jump for sure. I suspect with some polish she may be one of our future stars.

Dont really understand the negative comments on spani she has played well this season for a pure shooter.

Normally a Simmons fan but I was not too pleased with her or Massengale tonight, they had several unforced turnovers and you cant win against teams like ND making mistakes like that.

ESPNs commentators sounded like Diggens fangirls, even my wife was disgusted with their constant Diggens talk and she isnt even a LV fan. (UK native).

Still I think once all the underclassmen get together next year, its just a matter of time before another banner gets hung up in TBA.

Congrats to the LVs for fighting back with 3 players out against perhaps one of the best teams ive seen this year. Now go sweep the SEC and get those irish gals in the big dance where it counts the most.

SoddyVol writes:

Could a healthy Burdick have been the leader on the floor the team needs? Just a sophomore but I believe she might have made a difference in keeping up the Vols confidence during the game. Missed layups and some shots thrown might have been better shots with more confidence.

Some of the sour looks Izzy was giving in the prior couple of games must have been from knee pain. Izzy tried and they may have lost anyway but she wasn't healthy from the start. They are just missing too many of the better players.

Simmons and Spani should try to imagine strong opponents to be a weaker SEC team. Maybe then they could have a good game.

Ichabod writes:

in response to Theo:

Be glad when Diggins and Grinner graduate. The really good news is that three years from now I believe the rest of the nation will be glad that Graves and one or two of her teammates will be graduating.
Loved that we fought, a couple of stops, Izzy stays in the game. We could have bagged this one.
Coach W and her staff are doing a great job. Meighan and Taber have just got to breathe and show up for these big games. Still much better than Stanford and Baylor.
The future is so bright for the LVs it makes my eyes hurt! Love this team, love this staff. Go LV, beat the Bullies.
Any news on Izzy? Will we hear something tomorrow?

Keep drinking the KoolAid. Love the team, and love the staff ? Mid level SEC team that will come nowhere close to the Final Four..... Sounds like the Dooley bunch half way thru year two.
Face it folks, the run is over, our place in the Elite, has, and is long gone. Championship games, a thing of the past.Plenty of sentimental banners to be hung, but I challenge anyone to say that there will be another Final Four, or NTL Championship banner lowered within the next 5 years. Holly is in obvious pain - lets move on.......

SoddyVol writes:

Love the team, and love the staff! A top SEC team that will within two years (maybe sooner) be in the Final Four. Coach has them playing more like the Head Coach is in her 2nd or 3rd year instead of just her first. Only a year since Vols went to the Elite 8 and they won’t go more than one year without going that far again. The sooner, the better. I expect either a regular season or a tournament championship in the SEC this year. I have confidence they can do it – just hope the players keep up theirs..

RollTideJoe writes:

in response to emailnodata:

Holly, pretty damn good job.

UT isn't ready to beat any top team yet, but there were some good sparks.

Graves continues to play well and hard.

Holly is on the right track.

Diggins.....sick of her. Period. Gets away with murder.

Come on. Skylar is fantastic. The girl can play basketball. She was the best player on the floor by far. IMO the best in the girl's game, excluding Grinder who has height as her best weapon. But Diggins is a great all 'round player.

emailnodata (Inactive) writes:

in response to RollTideJoe:

@roll
She gets away with murder, rarely has a foul called on her.

You combine a good player with basically total freedom to hack, shove, push off, body, and the like, and you have a nearly unstoppable force.

UT had the same luxury when Holdzclaw played, sometimes Candace Parker, thought Parker really WAS just that good.

Sir_Spanky writes:

"The All-American cut down the lane unimpeded early in the second half, as if she was jogging through a park. She received a pass and scored a layup".

Kinda sums up the entire sports program at the U of T. Looks like the only thing left over there is women's softball. The University Of Tennessee Athletic Dept has turned into a complete joke.

orangecountyvols writes:

Some of these comments border on the ridiculous. Whenever it's not a win over the likes of Baylor, Stanford, and now Notre Dame, some of these idiots want to show their rear ends with such as "program is finished, Holly is no good as coach, etc, etc."

3 players not available due to injuries, coming from 19 down to within 5 over the #2 team in the country........Vols already have beaten 6 ranked teams.........and still some are whining?

Sort of like your favorite race car driver blew an engine in the big race..........but he was still supposed to win. You whine and get all frustrated simply because you expected him to win but he didn't.

Of course we ( Vol fans ) wanted, and want them to win. When it doesn't work out the way we wanted, the first thing is to forget about how well the other team played and instead just trash our own team. Many expect the instant success now.......can't wait until real help arrives, such as Mercedes Russell and no doubt other great recruits, plus getting 3 injured players back.

We've got some knowledgeable and realistic fans here and a handful of jerks unfortunately.........as well.

underthehill writes:

in response to Sir_Spanky:

This game was won by ND the first 5 min of the 2nd half and UT was "opening the gate" as the old coaches used to say..no switch on the screen and no one helping..it used to be that was considered a no no on defense and a timeout was called and it didn't happen again.. but it was open to ND anytime they wanted to take it..I hope this gets corrected before the Ky game..this Lady Vols team can still go undefeated in the SEC..the Athletic Dept may be a joke and that is not likely to change..but I don't see this team as being a joke..they are having a very good season..

madrigal writes:

The dollar store cowboy and all the unemployed coaches are sure having a field day here. Y'all are a bunch of whiny spoiled brats. If you're all such wonderful coaches, why aren't you employed by some top program?

I didn't think the Lady Vols looked that bad for a young team that was already missing 2 starters. Then Izzy went down and I figured they would fold, but they didn't. Ten points is not a big loss to the #2 team, especially when they were 19 down at one point. And one thing the armchair coaches failed to notice is that even though Diggins had a big night, the rest of the ND team was in single figures. This is not normal for a team that prides itself on balanced scoring, so obviously the Lady Vols shut them down pretty well. Yes, it would be nice to shut them all down, but even UConn couldn't do that. One thing that pleased me a lot was the play of Jasmine Jones. I hadn't gotten to actually see her much because we don't get the Lady Vols on TV much up here in VA. JJ looks like she will be a very effective defensive player, and she's not a bad shot either. I look to see a lot more of her, especially if Izzy is out for any length of time.

Now will you armchair coaches please take your blankies and go back to bed? The amount of whining indicates you didn't get enough sleep.

volboy81 writes:

Disappointed in the loss, but when we were 19 down, it could have gotten ugly. A better D on Diggins & we win this game. I dont think the LV are far from being a REALLY good team. I hate to lose Spani & Williams next year, but with our freshmen coming in and the players who do return...watch out!! Baylor & ND better enjoy this year, because they both lose their big gun next year & they will be back where they belong...pretty good, nothing special! Izzy, get well soon!!!!

cobragolfer writes:

in response to ModelMaker:

You can't keep losing key players to injury (three starters) and except to win anything. The Lady Vols certainly have had their fair share over the last four years. I think Holy has done a good job with what she has had to work with. If this team had everyone healthy like Notre Dame, who knows what might have happened.

I know that the Irish would have still won!

Tennfan4075 writes:

The LV have been demoted to the lower half of the top ten programs, primarily because of being out recruited by teams such as Stanford, Baylor, UConn, and ND. LV players while good overall have not consistently had a go to player for past 3-4 years, I am in hope this will change with next years class and with a couple of the younger players on this team. Recruiting again is the heart and soul of college athletics and while the LV have drop the ball recently they have not deteriorated to the point of the men's programs both FB and BB. The LV program over the years have been built on rebounding and defense, but it sure would be nice to see some more quickness to defend against being beat with back door plays so often, uncontested layups are hard to overcome.

BxVol writes:

Proud of the Lady Vols for not folding and storming back late in the game.I had said that composure was important for this team and they let me down a bit there.Still too many sloppy passes, throwing shots up at the basket instead of shooting them.Defensively at times they played great and other times fell asleep.
Of course having Burdick and Carter on the bench hurt as well as losing Izzy , and yet we hung with the Irish for long stretches.We have talent folks, but they need to play better together and not be so up and down.After his game I`m thinking we are getting closer to being an elite team again.Please work on shot selection, screens, pump and head fakes,and help defense.
Hope Izzy is not hurt bad and will be back soon and with Burdick coming back soon still feel we can win the SEC.How far this team goes in the Big Dance will depend on how much they improve.Liking this team alot!

Volinflan writes:

in response to Theo:

I must disagree on a small point of order. We do have a first team All-American on our team. She is just an underclassman at the moment. She is in high school at the moment. This team is very talented. Our time is right around the corner.

I think we have a first team All American on the team now - class 2014 or 2015 - and her name is Graves.

ps11824 writes:

emailnodata writes:
Over the years, under a different screen name, I took Summitt to task over her recruiting. ]]]

By any other name arrogant is still arrogant. You wish you could take a Pat to task. All you have posted, under whatever name you post is but DUNG.

If ever you had the opportunity to pose condescending statements the likes of which you continue to utter to Pat Summitt, you would very likely sound like the bumbling one I read in angst.

And thank you webmaster for correcting me. I almost stooped to the level of cowpatty.

richvol writes:

The LadyVols are so far from being an elite team it's amazing. For years now they haven't been able to compete with Baylor,UConn,Stanford or Notre Dame and it's totally about their execution. They throw the ball away carelessly,don't box out,can't stop scorers,miss layup after layup and watch the ball on defense when they should be watching their assigned player. The biggest problem is not being able to execute an offense. Why is UConn,Notre Dame and Stanford able to pass the ball with so much precision and we are not?

Lack of execution is killing us and has for years. You can only lay the blame at the feet of the coaching.

Volinflan writes:

On the good side of things, last night I noticed that Burdick had the hard cast off her hand. The reports say she will be back in "early February".

Hope Izzy is OK.

Theo writes:

Well, I see the trolls and Holly haters are out in force this morning. We have to forgive their venom. They've been waiting to pounce the entire time the Lady Vols have been proving all of the naysayers wrong. A bump in the road for sure but the staff will get the team back on track. The ND game was very important for us for tourney time (both SEC and NCAA). You've got to learn to win the big ones, I think the second half comeback was key and I think this film will be very helpful to Holly et al.
Go Lady Vols, anxiously awaiting word on Izzy's injury.

Theo writes:

in response to Volinflan:

Well, Graves is one of the players I was referring to as a future all-american. I'm, not convinced we don't have at least one more already on the roster. Guess I was trying not to call out kids and my original post was a little obtuse.

maxvolfan#217855 writes:

Graves is definitely an All-Freshmen player . Right now she is not getting attention because everyone is so fixated on Breanna Stewert and Jewel Lloyd. Between the three Graves has been playing better ball . She knows the game, she doent get rattled, she is a 'workhorse' and she makes her free throws which is huge for a post player, especially a freshman.

kazoo writes:

Make no mistake, Vol fans: Muffet McGraw again schooled Warlick and the UT coaching staff. ND is NOT a more talented team, though Diggins is a great player, they are simply a better coached team. UT probably has more overall talent than ND--but our half court offense, as has been the case for many years, is not very good (too much standing around watching one player go one on one) while ND passes and plays smartly. How many layups did the Irish get running the same high post set against our soft defenders--20? Their offense generates easy shots, while our offense results in poor shots and misses. Notice how the Vols always shoot poorly against the better teams?

Warlick claims the Vols are "young." Wrong. Spani, Simmons and Massengale--who all had bad games--are the most experienced players on the team! I fairly expected Simmons and Spani to play tight in this game, because that's what they always do in big games; they are not mentally tough, and because the half-court offense is mediocre, they don't get the open looks they need to make shots. Spani is great at scoring 16 against inferior competition, but when we play a strong team she disappears. Simmons, too. Massengale is a major disappointment: She is talented, but doesn't seem to have a lot of fight or leadership in her. She needed to make Diggins work more in this game, and she didn't. With her body and ball-handling skills, she should be taking the rock to the rim regularly--but she doesn't do it. Again, poor coaching. ND is a better coached team than the Vols--it's as simple as that.

maxvolfan#217855 writes:

Did anyone hear the commentator say that Skylar pulled a MJ (Michael Jordan) when she made a three? It was one of many pushoffs she did throughout the whole game. The great ones get away with it. She's good though have to give it to her.

maxvolfan#217855 writes:

in response to THECATTLEMAN_IN_CHARGE:

I hardly call 10 pts embarrassing at home to the #2 in the country when the same team beat Uconn in Gampel and Uconn destroying Duke by like 30. So now you wanna search for another coach? Did you get dumped by Holly in HS or something because you definitely have something against her. She's the coach , let her coach. Sure theres a lot of work to improve on but this team lost by 10 with basically only 6 players against arguably the best all American in the sport. We toasted the rest of the team

#stillTenn

phhome writes:

in response to BIVOLAR_BEARE:

Missing point blank layups will kill you in a highly competitive game. Not to mention turnovers and poor decisions with the bb. Did UT practice before this game??

IF YOU CAN COACH BETTER YOU GET OUT THERE, THEY WORKED THEIR BUTTS OFF, AND FOUGHT BACK THAT'S WHAT YOUNG TEAMS THAT WILL BE GREAT DO, ALL I'VE EVER SEEN YOUR SORRY BEHIND DO IS HARP ON EVERY LITTLE MISTAKE THEY MAKE, YOU'RE AS WORSE AS JOHN ADAMS!!!!!!

maxvolfan#217855 writes:

in response to THECATTLEMAN_IN_CHARGE:

Negative sir. I know you are referring to Diggins sitting on the bench for about 3 mins in the 2nd half but clearly the 12-0 run the Vols made got Diggins off the bench quickly. There were no mass substitution as Achowa fouled out with a min to go.

orangecountyvols writes:

Cattle herder,

You are another one of the whiners clearly.
Fortunately, we only have a scant few like your type here..........the holier than thou expert but obviously the most distant thing from actually being an expert.

Candace Parker yes, would have been embarrassed to hear you and your garbage mouth anywhere near her.

Stick to herding cattle.

SoddyVol writes:

Just like the Stanford game. Once the Lady Vols decided to play serious defense, Stanford had to fight for their lives to maintain their lead. ND had to do the same. Diggins had to rescue them, and yes she does get away with more use of her arms against her defender than most anyone.

emailnodata (Inactive) writes:

in response to ps11824:

emailnodata writes:

Interesting comment, thanks for the personal attack.

No, I've never looked at coaches as gods-on-this-earth and I never will.

If you take that for arrogance, I'm sorry.

If you believe my comments are too critical of Summitt, just flag the posts and KNS will eventually kick me out.

However, the facts are there: without Candace Parker, UT would have long ago slid to the likes of a Texas.

Have a good day, ma'am.

golfman1975 writes:

in response to cobragolfer:

I know that the Irish would have still won!

You KNOW the Irish would have still won?

When is the world going to end then?

golfman1975 writes:

OK trolls.......get off the soap box, you don't KNOW anything or you would not be here...you would be day trading stocks and stock options. Please keep posting because we love humor. We WILL get the last laugh.

Theo writes:

in response to THECATTLEMAN_IN_CHARGE:

OK, if not troll how about ignorant jerk? I've noticed that after being thrown out of this site twice you have very carefully walked the line regarding the program. The problem is we all know what you are about. So, please, you have zero credibility and waste your time and ours be being on this board. Your life must be very small and pathetic if you think you are doing anything with sheep.
BTW, I'm still guessing your Valentines Day will be pretty lonely.

vettefool writes:

I've stated before that I feared that the lv coaching situation would turn into North carolina after Dean Smith retired. they were almost forced into hiring Guthrie as head coach because he had been a long time assistant, and coach Smith recommended him for the job. the athletic director had no choice and it didn't work out too well for nc.
this was the same situation as we had here. long time assistant who wanted the job and much support for her hiring. no way the athletic dept could have gone out searching for the best coach available after coach ps retired.
lets all hope in works out in the long run for the lady vols. guess we will know more in a couple of years.

kazoo writes:

in response to emailnodata:

Interesting comment, thanks for the personal attack.

No, I've never looked at coaches as gods-on-this-earth and I never will.

If you take that for arrogance, I'm sorry.

Have a good day, ma'am.

This is true: Had PS not landed Parker, we'd be looking at a program that would have been down for a long time. Our recruiting in Summitt's last several years got very spotty--but the coaching was even spottier. We still get a ton of talent, but we do not get a ton of great coaching. That's been evident mostly in the fact that team's half-court offense and passing are just not that good. PS relied on defense and rebounding, and on offense she relied on great players--not good players playing good team basketball. That is what has been missing. UT has lots of GOOD players--more than ND, for sure--and so ought to be able to beat the Irish. But you have to play good, solid team basketball to do it. Yes, there have been injuries--but we were behind with Harrison in the lineup last night. You can't give up 20 layups off the same high-post set and expect to win a big game. And you can't keep shooting 30 percent and expect to win big games. UT will get Burdick back soon, and I hope Harrison is OK. If so, we might still make some serious noise in the tourney. This is a talented group, but the Vols have to be better and tougher in the big spots.

bigdisbig writes:

in response to PureOrange:

This team needs to realize they are pretty good. But the freezing up against top teams has got to stop. We go into these games acting like we are in awe of these teams. Throwing the ball away with very lame passes, and throwing up shots like a three year old hoping for something good to happen, and slinging up layups hard enough to break the backboard. We are much better than this.

Looks like Holly needs to load some prozac in their water before the game. Relax and play their game. Our defense can be good, but at times we act like we do not know what defense looks like as we allow uncontested drives to the basket.

Hope we learn from this. And certainly hope Izzy is ok. We cannot do without her.

This team is a reflection of their coach. Did Holly not realize SOMEONE NEEDED TO GUARD SKYLAR??? To allow a player to light you up for 33 points is poor coaching.....I remember Pete Maravich averaging 40 points a game back in Ray Mears days. He NEVER scored that against the Vols because MEARS KNEW HOW TO STOP A GREAT SCORER. Its a shame Mears is gone. Holly AND Cuonzo could have learned much from him.

r2d2 writes:

in response to Theo:

I was excluding Ms. Russell.

richvol writes:

Kazoo and several others are right...it's the coaching.If a team cannot execute with all this talent it can be nothing else. Wake up people. Geno or Muffet would have this team undefeated.

ps11824 writes:

emailnodata writes:
in response to 98reax:

emailnodata writes:

Interesting comment, thanks for the personal attack.

No, I've never looked at coaches as gods-on-this-earth and I never will.

If you take that for arrogance, I'm sorry.

Have a good day, ma'am.]]]

No sir, not a personal attack, just truth & don't call me ma'am. I'm not your ma'am. And FYI, I had to retract my first post because I got flagged for using the perfectly legitimate word for a donkey, while you, on he other hand can get away with condescending to Pat Summitt, Holly Warlick, myself and the other posters who choose not to bash the coaches and the players.

even if they banned you, we all know you would grab yourself another screen name and continue your same tired slanted jabs. It seems the inmates are running the asylum on this thread.

the bashers have come out in droves and taken hater to a whole lower level because we did not beat the #2 team in the country. Not one of you who continue to blame the coaches could coach a decent peewee league team. Yet you profess to know all about recruiting at the top level. Who are you kidding? No parent with a thread of decency would allow their child to play for any of you who show such disrespect to the coaching staff.

Is it OK for you to constantly attack Holly? Is it OK for you to call us sheep? You may be personally acquainted with sheep. Don't you dare associate me with your sheep. Lady Vols fans are not sheep, yet you think it is OK to call us names.

maxvolfan#217855 writes:

This comment section shouldnt be laced with personal attacks on individuals it should be about women's bball.
I hope our young ladies are not on here seeing what the fans or trolls think of their coach. Like me I know they don't care.
Back to bball. The voters seem to agree that the Vols played well enough to keep their #9 spot. We take care of business and we just might get a 2 seed.

SoddyVol writes:

. .richvol writes: ...Geno or Muffet would have this team undefeated."

Nonsense! Those two have had many years to develop their teams. Geno went 12-15 his first year as Head Coach at UConn (losing record), then went 14-13 his second year. It took him his 6th (Sixth) year to get past the second round. That after he had worked as an assistant coach, the most prominent position being at Univ of Va.

I can see a lot of improvement in the way the team plays but once bad habits are formed, it’s difficult to overcome. The Vols have to play Ky in Lexington. I fully expect them to have more confidence in themselves than they had against ND. With Izzy hurt and Burdick still out or at least not playing for a while, the rest of the team better be on top of their game.

Theo writes:

in response to SoddyVol:

. .richvol writes: ...Geno or Muffet would have this team undefeated."

Really nice post. Can I add that the other coaches and media, folks who make a living at this picked the LVs 5th in the SEC. 5th! With any luck, go away injury bug, we will be either first of second in the SEC, very likely to be in the final game of the SEC tourney and probably a 2 or 3 seed in the NCAAs. And yet, there are people on here criticizing the players, the program, Pat and most of all Holly. I believe this team and coaching staff are way outperforming expectations and are on their way, with great recruiting classes, 2012, 2013 and 2014 (I think the years work with Graves, Carter and Jones in 2013, I might be off on how the years are referenced.)
Anyway, Go Lady Vols, staff and team. The sky is the limit.

ModelMaker writes:

in response to Volinflan:

Hope Izzy is OK.

She will be back Thursday.

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to collegegrovebilly:

If UT could make layups they would've run ND out of the gym.

voloffaith writes:

in response to ModelMaker:

She will be back Thursday.

Ms. Harrison or Ms. Burdick back Thursday? Thanks! :)

maxvolfan#217855 writes:

As much as I would like to see Burdick play I'm sure she would have to shake off the rust of her shot in the gym. I'm sure she's still rehabbing her hand . I'd be shocked to see her against Missst. Hard to tell about Miss . Izzy a meniscus injury sounds serious.