SevenT writes:

in response to BIVOLAR_BEARE:

That's a lot better odds than 1 out of 27 like the mildcats fb team against UT..jUsT sayin'

Don't you have anything better to do than camp out on GVX 24/7?

8ball writes:

Scoon, sevendust, RKDK , record ky 151 VOLS 76 that's not 10 to 1 or last 50 years. Plus Tenn been on probation total of 7 years ky has been on probation 75 of last 95 years.

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to SevenT:

Don't you have anything better to do than camp out on GVX 24/7?

I'm already on GV247 as a member, but thanks for asking..PS: UT 88 tucky 58, Bwahahahahaha!!

licknpromise777#651578 writes:

in response to UK2K:

Thanks for the classless win Vols. Up 30 and still playing your starters and full court pressing?? Nice call coach. Enjoy your once in 50 years success against UK. We are down but not out.Your Vols won't shoot 58% the rest of the season. Promise you.

Try listening to Cals post comments..He said no problem..It's Martin's job to get his team ready to play

shoelessvol#236864 writes:

ALWAYS great to beat the Kats...but by 30 points...amazing!! Great effort the last three games...maybe too late but...a NCAA bid is at least in the discussion. GO VOLS!!

licknpromise777#651578 writes:

in response to claiborneh:

ESPN more interested in Kentucky' first game without their star power forward resulted in blowout than the fact Tennessee played a solid game. Tennessee's tournament hopes are over unless they win the entire SEC tournament (if they can beat Florida)

Agree,,I post on ESPN's juvenile comment board all the time and today it was full of back and forth snipes between UK and Louisville fans..No mention of great vol effort

licknpromise777#651578 writes:

in response to BIVOLAR_BEARE:

Hey Beare whats your 247 screen name so I can find you?_?_ Guess your as thrilled as me about this beatdown Long time coming Bro

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to licknpromise777#651578:

J Beare1962 is my GV247 name, look forward to talking to you on a real vol fan board..P:)

jopad writes:

My goodness SevenT and 8 ball, the purity of your Ky. basketball program overwhelms me. But don't I seem to remember something that happened there with players like Bill Spivey that was unusual? Surley it couldn't have been cooperating with gamblers to "fix" scores of Ky. basketball games. I went to high school with a boy who went to Ky. on scholarship to play basketball. He started on your freshman team, led it in scoring, then transfered to another school because of the scandal and corruption in Ky. basketball. By the way, he led his other college in scoring for the next 3 years. It s interesting to see you two use words like "thugs" and "classless". "None are so blind as those who will not see."

usnavyvolfan__times_free_press_can_shove_it writes:

in response to SevenT:

Don't you have anything better to do than camp out on GVX 24/7?

Hey, genius.... GVX stands for "GoVolsXtra," as in, VOL FANS. AS in, NOT YOU! Don't like it? get lost! No one wants you around anyway! 88-58!!

usnavyvolfan__times_free_press_can_shove_it writes:

in response to Playsomeorange:

Hope miss Ashley (Judd) was on hand to witness!!!

Yeah, not a big fan of Miss Judd.

usnavyvolfan__times_free_press_can_shove_it writes:

in response to UK2K:

Gotta admit...pretty daring calling UT classless with the coach and team you guys have. You're just mad because our boys beat your guys at your own game. And beat them rather soundly. And we've beaten your guys more than once in the last 50 years. Love seeing Teflon John b**ching and moaning about calls not going his way. And two of your guys getting tossed from the game was also gratifying (I believe one was even an assistant coach!) ESPN already has your boys out of the NCAA bracket field right now! How's THAT for your storied program! Now, BEGONE!!!

kyvol98 writes:

in response to SevenT:

Don't you have anything better to do than camp out on GVX 24/7?

According to you, I will now live forever and never have to pay taxes! Unfortunately, you are wrong about that as well.

67classut writes:

It was obvious from the outset UT was loaded with tall athletic perimeter players. Why did it take the coaching staff four months to play only one post man at a time? They have been a different team since the realignment.

Jakevol writes:

in response to stevefrommemphis:

What we saw today was a glimpse of what Kentucky basketball would be about if Adolph Corrupt had not started a tradition of skirting the rules and pushing the envelope at Lexington 80+ years ago. Kentucky basketball would not have any better basketball history than Ole Miss or Georgia. So I have no respect for Kentucky - only contempt.

It was the eighth Tennessee vs Kentucky game I have seen in person, and the Vols are 7-1 in those games.

Steve, keep going to more games.

underthehill writes:

in response to UK2K:

The Vols whipped Ky so bad physically that Cal said ..they ran over us..backed up and ran over us again..I enjoyed that far more than the 30 point win..far from classless..Classic...

JonGrudensAgent writes:

in response to SevenT:

Tennessee has the opportunity to beat Kentucky 1 out of 10 times they play. Too bad the win is wasted because this horrible program will not even make the NIT. A couple of years ago they were interesting because Pearl brought in thugs and cheated to get recruits, but that is not history.

Just Saying

Do you think your boys in blue stay in the top 25 after this drubbing?

How does this help your RPI rankings, losing to such a horrible program?

Now GTFO and try to wrap your head around losing to the Vols by 30.

Just sayin'.

tovolny writes:

The Vols did a good job. The players seemed to move faster and seemed more aggressive. The odd thing that I noticed, they seemed surprised every time something good happened, AND they probably strutted and gloated too much for a few people. The push by More on a Kentucky player as he was stumbling out of bounds maybe was not necessary. I enjoyed the victory, but there was something that just didn't taste right. Probably I was thinking: why haven't they played like this all year, and can they keep it up(?). I played football, basketball, baseball, ran track and was on the swimming and golf teams; but, my heart is with football. I am very hungry for a football victory sandwich. GO BIG ORANGE____play like Vols.

straightshooter writes:

The basketball program can only build to greater heights with play and win such as this one. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

manningberrychism writes:

a WIN over KY in BB is AWESOME at ANY time!!! love my VOLS!!!

manningberrychism writes:

in response to mlynn1:

Any true Tennessee fan knows the significance of beating Kentucky in basketball, you just proved your no Tennessee fan so your opinion doesn't count. The best thing for you to do is go on somewhere else.

Einstein writes:

Incredible Game!!! Vols should have much more confidence now after this shellacking of Kentucky.

volsxsnos writes:

in response to bigdisbig:

This is the same Vol team that got beat by Memphis, Ga. and stomped in the dirt by Ole Miss at home and everyone is crowing over beating a weak Ky. team. I still say Cuonzo is a lower level coach who gets lucky every now and then. The guys played a great game today....probably the best of the year in spite of a weak coach.

Wow! Talk about "can't see the forest for the trees". As my username implies, I am a Vol football fan first and foremost. However, I will support the men, and ladies, wearing Big Orange in even tiddly-winks. In all fairness, it may be still too soon to tell what kind of coach CCM will be. "The proof is in the puddin' " as my Tennessee granny used to say. But, good or bad, it usually comes back to coaching ( see Derek Dooley), and as bad as those losses were, this win is equally good. So let's enjoy this one and GBO!

orangecountyvols writes:

Vols,

Hello there friends. I just came aboard. After a horrible night's rest for the two trolls, uk2k and his partner, Seven IQ, it was surprising to see any kitties here today. Obviously, these 2 stewed about the drubbing and will never get over it.

The troll, uk2k, is actually calling someone classless? You see, they have become accustomed to having their way with people in basketball, so
now they are like a little fish out of water.

Not playing reserves??????? As was noted correctly, every body was having their way with the Kentucky defense, so don't whine to us because the 5 star one and dones couldn't stop anyone. You've apparently not learned the hard lesson............the "what goes around, comes around" thing. It's been years, but you seem to forget the something like 101-40 job U K put on the Vols , after Happy Chandler sang My Old Kentucky Home, had everybody crying, and then the Kats demoralized Tennessee. As I said, what goes around..................

The punk bandwagon kid, Seven T.......is a desperate little soul showing his rear end today after his rambling and babbling about death, taxes, curtains etc.

What's cruel about this whole deal is Kentucky has a coach now famous for throwing his players under the bus, more losses are forthcoming, and the two trolls are beside themselves.

in response to SevenT:

Don't you have anything better to do than camp out on GVX 24/7?

Now THAT is FUNNY! Just imagine a Wildcat troll calling out a UT fan for hanging out on a Vol site when you are on here, pouring tripe out of your keyboard every danged day! Do you even READ what you write? Are you truly THAT lacking in self-awareness? Thanks for making my day!

MooseandSquirrelVol writes:

in response to BIVOLAR_BEARE:

My 247 name is Lostball.
Be lookin' for you.

golfman1975 writes:

in response to SevenT:

Don't you have anything better to do than camp out on GVX 24/7?

What on earth are you doing here 24/7?

jmaples54 writes:

in response to tovolny:

record-breaking alltime biggest victory over the top team in ncaa history-- and something "doesn't taste right"? maybe as a six-sport star, you can't relate. I admire your athletic prowess, if true. however, something just doesn't smell right. maybe it's my feet.

golfman1975 writes:

in response to usnavyvolfan__times_free_press_can_shove_it:

Yeah, not a big fan of Miss Judd.

Another Hollywooder running for public office. She thinks Washington DC is in Washington state.
She thinks the Middle East is located somewhere in
Virginia.

murrayvol writes:

in response to UK2K:

58% - Sure we will. Might be from the free throw line but we'll hit that number again.

You should be tuning up for the Big Blue Line. It'll be loads of fun this week.

golfman1975 writes:

in response to Volborn:

Trae Golden 4*, McRae 4*, Stokes 5*, Hall 3*. Richardson is one of my favorites. I think he was a 2 or 3 *. I LOVE the effort of Armani Moore. He rebounds with such authority and is much stronger than he was in November. Moore is going to develop into an All-SEC type player IMO. We do not have the talent of UK, but we are not a bunch of 2* players. If Golden had been playing like this all year, Vols would be 19-5 instead of 14-10. If he keeps playing at this level, Tennessee may sniff 20th win in the SEC tourney.

Barring a collapse, this team has played it's way into the NIT and could make a run at the big dance(I can't believe I just wrote that!)

I was being a s.a. I hear we have no coach or players but as I have said, you can take a bunch of H.S. All Americans and play that bad (UK) it says volumes how important a coach actually is. Cal couldn't coach without his 5*s. It takes a team...not a great recruiting class, they don't always make the best team.

ACWLY writes:

in response to UK2K:

The whole world is Laughing!!!! UK2K is just like PHATCAT, win and its all about us, lose and it's still all about us. This was a great win and we all knew the CRYING was on it's way from Blueville... TWHK [The World HATES Kentucky]

Ironcity writes:

Getting to the game it was nice to see UT run inbound plays with intent to score. I have been complaining about this all year. Coach Martin seems to have finally allowed the guys to attack and its paid off.

VolGrad writes:

in response to UK2K:

I guess you weren't paying attention. With our starters, we were up 39 points on Kentucky when we started subbing in the bench guys. With the bench players in for UT, Kentucky got it back DOWN to 30 points.

Go Vols!

usnavyvolfan__times_free_press_can_shove_it writes:

in response to golfman1975:

She thinks the Middle East is located somewhere in
Virginia.

actually, if you take a trip up around DC in Northern VA, you'd think you WERE in the Middle East.

usnavyvolfan__times_free_press_can_shove_it writes:

in response to golfman1975:

She thinks the Middle East is located somewhere in
Virginia.

There was only ONE Hollywooder I ever liked in Politics, and he kicked arse as President.

in response to volsxsnos:

Well said. It's funny how some people just don't understand the concept of "getting better"; to them, what you were is what you will always be. There is one guy who posts often on the Lady Vol articles who constantly rags on Holly Warlick because in her FIRST GAME as the head coach, they lost to Chattanooga! In his feeble mind, nothing they have done since or will yet do this season can erase the stain of that loss. I have no time for such people since they would be just as likely to expect their children to support themselves as soon as they are weaned and would think sending them to school would just be a waste of time.

usnavyvolfan__times_free_press_can_shove_it writes:

in response to orangecountyvols:

Vols,

now they are like a little fish out of water.

agree with...well....everything.

tovolny writes:

in response to jmaples54:

Yeah, THANKS. I probably should have kept my feelings to myself. You were right to straighten me out. Just pretend I never said anything. I had no right to act like an individual and just relate my feelings. I will try to think it through a little better for my next post. THANKS again.

UkJarhead writes:

Well, I am a man of my word... And as I have for years, I come back and post even in defeat.... Took an extra day on this one though. Had we had Noel, we may have only lost by 18-25, but we were beaten. We are not a very good team this year and UT wanted it, played hard for it, and actually made me think there is some noise to be made in the tourney by this group. Don't give up on Martin just yet. UT played hard and with enthusiasm. Congrats and enjoy. You know what they say about payback though....

UkJarhead writes:

in response to UK2K:

We don't all feel this way. Its our job to stop whomever you play. As Coach Cal said, Coach Martin's job is to coach his team, not worry about the other team. What are you supposed to do? Stop running and let a team score when you are up 30? Vols deserved it. Our guys could have played harder if they didn't want to be embarassed. Congrats

orangecountyvols writes:

in response to tovolny:

tovolny,

Nice reply to jmaples. It's good that Vol fans can talk to each other in a rational manner.

However, it's tough.......but most of the time we do ignore the trolls. Sometimes, out of curiosity, we'll check out one of their posts to see how absurd they are sounding. We have to remember that the trolls feelings have been squashed with this 39, then 30 point whipping.
Had Cuonzo chosen to do so, this easily would have been the biggest slaughter in the sleazebag's career. Maybe these one and dones were shall we say..............over rated?

We've had our fun with the trolls, but it does appear Tennessee is headed in the right direction. Next on the radar is LSU. Penciled in is a date with Florida. IMO, the Vols will give the lizards everything they can handle. Don't write the Vols off just yet.......how many believed U T would 'behave' toward U K as they did?

Snapshot writes:

in response to SevenT:

Just Saying

Now that is really rich seventeen, since you have a thug for a coach. Cal has cheated and left two programs on probation, and you want to call someone else a thug and a cheat! Look in the mirror, punk!

stevefrommemphis writes:

in response to VolGrad:

Go Vols!

Absolutely. It takes a lot of nerve for a Kentucky basketball fan to call any other school "classless."

He would be talking about "classless" today if they had let me coach the last 8 minutes of yesterday's game. Tennessee would have won by 50.

This Kentucky team won't win another game outside Corrupt Arena, and may lose a couple there.

If Adolph Corrupt had not started Kentucky's 80+ year tradition of skirting the rules and pushing the envelope ethically, the Kats would have no better basketball history than Auburn or Ole Miss.

mocsandvolsfan writes:

in response to golfman1975:

She thinks the Middle East is located somewhere in
Virginia.

Virginia? don't she live over in east Kentucky?

budd#207344 writes:

in response to UkJarhead:

Thanks for an honest post. You have always been a fair fan and I appreciate it.

decades_vol (Inactive) writes:

in response to UkJarhead:

Good post, Jarhead. In spite of yesterday, I still think Kentucky is a pretty good team. Your big problem is that you sometimes become the victim of your own success. According to many, this year's team was supposed to be in the hunt for a title again this year, simply because of its star quality. The same for next year, with another blue-chip recruiting class. But, bottom line, I don't think that Kentucky can consistently compete for championships with 5* one-and-dones. Calipari was able to do this last year by getting some superstar kids (along with some more seasoned players) to sacrifice incredible high-school stats to play outstanding team basketball. I think Calipari, in spite of what some think, is a very good coach. He explained in detail what his guys needed to do to win yesterday. Problem was, they wouldn't (or couldn't) do what he asked. And I think that will be KY's biggest problem year after year. Look, the Cats will almost always be good, simply on talent alone. But with these young players, it's gonna be hit and miss. Honestly, I think that last year's success may create unrealistic expectations at UK. That's gonna be hard to duplicate. Calipari may be able to do this again. But I don't think he can build a dynasty this way. (Case in point: in the game at Rupp, the freshmen played well, Noel included, but Kyle Wiltjer was the guy who beat us. One of your "experienced" players).

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to UkJarhead:

I earned a little bit of respect for you after that post..Now, get back to being our enemy.

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to UkJarhead:

brod writes:

i've seen lsu a few times this year. they are playing better now than earlier. i expect another tough game against them. hopefully all that toughness that martin talks about when stick to the team.