in response to BIVOLAR_BEARE:

No doubt, but since I started doing this UT hasn't lost a game..So after my Celtics game Sunday night (which I always run) I'll be back at it Tuesday night for the hated gators..GBO!!

Dang! Maybe I ought to look into buying a treadmill, too....nah, maybe not. However, I was doing raises off the arms of my chair. Did four sets of ten and any number of ones and twos. Seriously. Not too bad for an old man of 66 if I say it myself!

in response to BigBadVol:

Very gutty win. Very proud to be a VFL right now. CCM is a class act and tough man which is spreading to the team. We will be a NC contender in five years with progress throughout.

You may not have to wait that long. If this team can just keep the mindset they have now and everybody stays healthy, they could make major noise NEXT year. If they should sneak into the tourney THIS year, any opponent would be nuts if they were looking forward to playing them, the way they are going now.

in response to BIVOLAR_BEARE:

Agreed, I would have short-armed that FT so bad it probably would have missed the rim by a foot..Way too much pressure after a long timeout..He made up for his FT misses when it counted..

Right, BB. He MADE some big ones today, too. They're ALL big in a 4-OT game!

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to johnlg00:

I'm 50 so you got me by 16 yrs..Keep up the exercise and invest in a treadmill, you don't have to run..Walking up inclines does just as much cardio low impact aerobics as jogging/running..P:)

in response to BIVOLAR_BEARE:

Thanks for the advice, BB. I gave up running some years ago. I never had a serious knee injury but all the accumulated wear and tear finally did me in. You saw my account of that marathon tournament on the other thread. Between rec ball of several kinds, including adult leagues with ex-college players in three different cities, Army ball, and three years on a German sports club team, I played competitively until I was 48. My last game was in a staff and faculty league game at UT. I scored 27 points but then couldn't walk for about three days. I decided then it was time to hang up the sneaks and take up golf!

Bark_at_the_Moon writes:

If this team could cut down on the bad passes and hit a few more free throws, they could beat Florida.

volboy81 writes:

in response to jt45:

Florida is a very winnable game the way this bunch never gives up. Salute to McBee for coming up big on offensively and hustling every second he was in the game.
Hollered so much at the TV my pets wont come out of hiding for a week.

I think my cat has learned if she sees orange on the TV, she better hide or go outside, because there's gonna be some serious screamin'!