voldoll73 writes:

in response to nvavol:

Sounds as if Ralph did not believe that he had a team that was capable of beating the Okies. Imagine his surprise when they played so well in the Monday night game. Thought that he sold his team short and the coaching decision in the 11the inning in Monday's game to not change pitchers when he was up 3-0 is evidence of that. As a coach to not have any or very little information as to an opponent's 2nd pitcher is in excusable.

Now genius how many teams did you ever coach to any level? Please reveal on here for all to see. you could never even carry Ralph's softball line-up.

voldoll73 writes:

in response to vts1965:

Now, in slow pitch softball you were not doing anything special!!

Did you think the LV's needed a hitting coach when the beat Bama, Fla, Wash, and Tex.? Did you think they needed one in those 52 games the won this year?

VolQB writes:

Proud to be a Vol!

I tevoed game one and the recording stopped right after Shipman's 3 run homer. I was in a fist pumping excitment thinking that no way OKies would score 3. In 10 minutes after felt te shcck of defeat fron the ESPN ticker.

Went to bed thinking there was a pitching change. I am glad there was none. Pitcing did not lose his game. Imagine the ourtage with a pitching change lose? I think the Weekly's are great. They lost some focus in a Washngton game but overall great to have them as a Vol.

Ok
TN
Wash
FL
MI

Sounds about right.

UTKin1992 writes:

Fine run by a great Lady Vols team! OU was just that much better than the rest of the field...even us.

On the bright side, our girls actually looked like girls. So that was good.

MisterTibbs writes:

in response to snowpeapod#263184:

What I make of it in regards of acting with class and dignityis that it just shows the difference between the two teams and coaching staff. Also, kudos to you for being able to stomach their post game presser. I couldn't sleep for three hours after the Monday game so I definitely didn't want to watch them gloat over themselves.

What do you want OU players and coaches do, gloat over TN? Many players on both teams have known each other for years, even played on the same teams in HS/USA Softball teams. The OU players knew that TN was a very good team in thier own right and even stated so in many interviews before the last two games. Quit being butt hurt about the small things. Geeesh!

SewaneeVolFan writes:

We all can offer advice on what the Weekly's could have done better. Whether we're qualified to offer that advice is a much different thing. I know that I am NOT qualified to do it. All I do know is that I loved what the Lady Vols accomplished and loved how they played. I think they should be very proud of themselves and of their season. I didn't follow softball enough through the year to know much about Oklahoma, but it appears that they were the better team. Only if you fail to compete as hard as you can is there any shame in losing to a better team, and as far as I can tell, the LV's fought as hard as they could. Way to go, Lady Vols!

frblalack writes:

in response to vol98champ:

Some thoughts.
Don't think Ivy was 100% since she did something to her finger. Can you imagine the criticism of the Weeklys if they had put Ivy in the 11th and she gave up 3 runs? I have had it with the "coaches" on this board.
I am ready for electronic calls on balls and strikes in big FPS games. I can tolerate a strike an inch or two off the zone, but when a pitch is perfect like the "strikeout pitch" Ivy threw in the 3rd inning, I say it is time to get rid of these incompetents. Also, replays on close plays on the bases. I wonder how many they missed.
We almost beat one of the best teams in the world. Be proud Lady Vols.
I say IT IS GREAT TO BE A VOL.

+1 Ivy had numerous pitches which were called balls by the umpires which were strikes. That alone would affect a pitcher's confidence. With the recent tragedies in Oklahoma, I think the announcers and the umpires were for them to win.

Anyway, great effort Lady Vols!!! Classiest group of players out there!

And thanks for the entertainment of these past few years to all of our seniors! It's great to be a UT Vol!

All Vols - All the Time - Looking forward to football in 88 days!

SLM85VOL writes:

in response to vol98champ:

Some thoughts.
We almost beat one of the best teams in the world. Be proud Lady Vols.
I say IT IS GREAT TO BE A VOL.

I hear ya on the incompetency of the umpires to determine champions. I was incredulous at the last strike called on the last batter that almost hit the her shoulder. I guess the ump wanted a dramatic ending call to the series. I don't agree with you about not putting Ivy in the 11th of the first game even if she did give up 3 runs or more. Logic dictates that if she was good enough to start the following game, she had enough to finish the first game. All that being said, the best team won the series and the Lady Vols should be proud. It's hard coming second in a national championship. Not taking anything away from the Sooners, but they had everything going for them--In addition to the most talent, they had: Home Field advantage (99.999% of the crowd wore Crimson), they had the announcers on their side, which was readily apparent with their comments and never really questioning the bad calls, and they had the trajedy of the tornadoes in OKC to draw support from. Taking nothing away from the victims of those storms, but I bet I heard ad nauseum how the Sooners were winning this championship for the State of Oklahoma. Going back through the videos, OU got every close call by the umpires. All that is hard to overcome.

vol98champ writes:

We are on the same page with Ivy relieving Ellen. I'm just saying that the "experts" on this site would have screamed bloody murder if they had changed and Ivy blew the save. Remember, they put Ivy in against Missouri in the second game and Ivy gave up about 8 runs.

MisterTibbs writes:

in response to voldoll73:

Now, in slow pitch softball you were not doing anything special!!

Probably don't need a hitting coach. However, one thing that needs to be corrected is this. How does the coaching staff NOT know about OU's other pitcher? She had a lower ERA than Ricketts. When thier #1 pitcher just pitched 12 innings, I tend to believe that OU would go with thier #2 for game 2. Yet, nobody knew about this pitcher?? Anybody call the other Big 12 coaches to ask if they had info on her? Just wondering.

MisterTibbs writes:

in response to SLM85VOL:

The final strike on the final out was made due to the fact that the player looked as though she was turning into the pitch to get a free pass. It happens all the time. And it's in the books.
OU can't help it that the ASA Hall of Fame stadium is in thier back yard no more than the PAC-12 has the Rose Bowl, LSU has the Sugar Bowl or Nashville host the SEC Basketball tournament. It is what it is. Too many complaints about the calls, no calls, blown calls. Take care of business on the field with pop ups, stolen bases, etc it's a done deal.

SummittsCourt writes:

This is why it is great to be a Vol!

vol_fan8 writes:

someone in marketing has probably counted how many time the OU fan club at the ESPN booth said rickets and gasso. had to be several thousand times. more times than the capital one commercials. The cheri lady with the bad face-lift back in the studios must have been the fan club president. This team went toe to toe for 12 innings with the OU team that ESPN made out to be god-like. At that point, it's just down to who is going to make a mistake. otherwise it would be called a tie. And we played a lot of juniors... and a #5 recruiting class coming to town (that must not have been in ESPN's talking points). we have a lot to look forward to next year.

kazoo writes:

in response to AlpharettaVol:

Maybe one of the best coaching seasons ever for the Weekleys. This team over-achieved every step of the way. There is so much for the Lady Vols to be proud of this year. Watching on TV I felt a hurt for the players but at the same time I was proud to be a Vol!

Overachieved? You have NO idea what you're talking about! This was the best UT softball team ever--and we've had some good ones: we had about six players who were either ALL SEC, All America or both. We will be hard pressed to put together a more talented unit. Pay attention.

orangecountyvols writes:

Vol fans,

I've enjoyed the majority of you paying tribute to this group of classy young ladies. They deserve every such favorable comments from Lady Vol fans.

Someone said we might need some of those so-called 'big uglies' that some teams have. We have had the trim, athletic girls, whereas quite a few teams have had people that might have been borrowed from the football teams. Those big 6:02, 200 pound plus girls have been up to the plate with a purpose........to hit it out of the park. It's amazing how anyone can hit those 70 mph deliveries from what......43 feet?

Anyway, let's see if Tennessee stays with the 3 recruits ( making the roster only 15 players ) or whether a few more will show up.

Darn it......it was fun waiting around for the next game all these weeks. Our Lady Vols were awesome. These teams they defeated ( N C State,
Texas A & M, Kentucky, Georgia ( 3 in Athens ) Florida, Washington, and Texas for example, were all excellent teams.

Check out U T Sports.Com..........and look at the reception they received when they got back. Football players, coaches, fans.........well deserved tribute for the great work they did !

jjk writes:

If the Lady Vols weren't playing, I wouldn't have given two poops. However, from what I saw I was very proud of the Lady Vols and the way they played. It was too bad that they lost their momentum and a little confidence when OU came back in Monday's game. No one expected this team to go this far, and they have a lot to build on in the future, and they should be proud.

Rasputin writes:

WOW - THEY WERE PLAYING FOR THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP! I hope that the Weeklys are paid more than I think they are. Let's keep sinking money into the bozos we hire as football and basketball coaches and lose to Kentucky playing with no quarterback and to the first NIT opponent who comes along.