mocsandvolsfan writes:

in response to OwensboroVol:

I believe Worley or Peterman will start the first couple of games. However, I just don't believe either can win in the SEC. I firmly believe that one of the freshman will be starting before the year is over.

I have to admit I pushed for Worley to play more last year. I was actually hoping he'd deveop more on both left and right sides of the field than Bray. Guess not. But we don't see the practices mostly. I'm still pulling for Worley but I think you're right. It'll be Peterman, Ferguson, or Dobbs soon enough. My guess is mainly Peterman at first. Based just on his current status. Who knows? It'll probably be a long season and they'll all get a shot.

C'mon Worley and show your experience. Step it up and that'll make the others step up too. We'll need our receivers to get open though. I'm a little worried if they can't break open against our D. Still early I guess.

AllforTenn writes:

in response to GatorHater1998:

i trust butch jones to choose the right choice, but if it were worley, i would hope he would be much better than what i've seen of him. Whenever he came in last year he never seemed comfortable in the pocket. He always seemed jittery and awkward. I would want to see him improve like crompton did after kiffin got coached him. I say just start Dobbs. He has a great arm, he can run if needed, and he's probably the smartest guy on the team. He would be a great guy to build a team around. And this would be the best year to start Dobbs given how talented the O-line is this year. He wouldn't have to face much pressure.

You sound like the start Brandon Stewart over Peyton fans. Leave it to the coaching staff and stick your opinion where it belongs.

AthensVolGirl writes:

in response to DawgDayAfternoon:

Who hasn't looked at the series record. FYI and in case you haven't been paying attention: By the time Butchie Boy tanks out, in three years, the Dawgs will own it, never to look back. Just like your series with the Gaturs, Auburn, and Bama. It's not 1939 anymore and you're now the Minnesota of the SEC. Once pretty good, but now just a faded glory and a big empty stadium.

And last year? Now, all you can do is brag about another loss!

How sad it must be in Knoxville

My friends are all UGA fans, and sometimes, I really have to wonder about them. A loss in the beginning of the season and the entire Bulldog nation is calling for the head of one of the best coaches Georgia's ever seen. Hell, I'd much rather go through a series of difficult seasons and come out stronger than have an entire fanbase full of naysaying crybabies!

How about instead of coming to this board and spewing hateful commentary to fans who actually give a damn about their team - win or lose - you go back to the ABH boards and talk about what your own team is gonna need to do to have a fighting chance against an ACC team in your first game?

in response to claiborneh:

I have reservations about the possibility of a Tennessee quarterback with tattooed punk redneck arms that look like Ed Hardy, Dennis Rodman, and Axl Rose all vomited all over them (see above pic). Call me a traditionalist, hater or a tattoo racist (tattooist), but I don't like them, especially on the field general representing a university and state. I don't care if they are branded for your momma, dog, or they are some beach trip mistake, they have become trite and makes one look like a knucklehead to a large sector of fans or viewing audience. If he does not at least make arena league, good luck getting a descent job. Sorry but that's the harsh reality of the real world. The real world "judges." Josh Dobbs, however- that kid is clean cut, exudes intellect, and appears to have the tools to be an exciting leader and representative on and off the field. Despite my brutal cynicism, they are both just kids, and I wish them both much success. Just please wear long sleeve under armor.

Purely as a matter of aesthetics, I pretty much agree with you, but I do recognize that this is a generational thing, and like many fads, it is hard to say how much staying power it has. The percentage of the population who feel the same way about it as you do is declining all the time. For such a person, a future in which "body art" is generally accepted everywhere can only be viewed with alarm, but that has historically been the case with generational change.

bUTch_please writes:

Estimated net worth -

Dennis Rodman - .9 million

Axl Rose - 150 million

Ed Hardy - 5 billion

claiborneh writes:

in response to bUTch_please:

Estimated net worth -

Dennis Rodman - .9 million

Axl Rose - 150 million

Ed Hardy - 5 billion

Estimated net worth of most every redneck in the Neyland Stadium stands with tattoos trying to mimic somebody they saw from television like a Dr. Seuss Sneetch: probably not much

Net worth of every person with a mugshot with tattoos in the crime beat section of every gas station counter: even less

Net worth of Riley Ferguson: ZERO he uses his parents credit card

EastTnVols962 writes:

in response to claiborneh:

I have a full sleeve and I work as an accountant. It's actually a very good job. I am clean cut, the only guy in my office that wears a tie daily, and I believe myself to be very intelligent. Just because I like to express myself in my free time doesn't mean a thing. It's people like you who judge. There are actually only one or two people in my office who know I even have tattoos (hence my intelligence). If you get them in a spot that's easy to cover, i.e. upper arm, then you can easily go into almost any professional career. My Power T will be coming shortly. Is that going to make me look like a knucklehead, or is it just going to come across as trite? Just because you don't like them doesn't mean you have to bash the likes of them. Just don't get any.

EastTnVols962 writes:

in response to claiborneh:

Net worth of Riley Ferguson: ZERO he uses his parents credit card

Estimated net worth of your education - ZERO. Get a life guy. I bet you think every black guy's a gang banger, and everyone from Cali a homosexual. Being a criminal, or redneck has nothing to do with tattoos. When I got my first one I certainly didn't park a car on my lawn or rob a gas station.