laraccoon writes:

in response to UkJarhead:

I have always found it amazing how you people bash Cal, who has never been suspected, accused, or convicted of breaking a single rule. Yet you can't wait to have an admitted, convicted, and sentenced cheater and liar back as a coach. Priceless

"Think Kentucky was worried about the NCAA stigma when it hired Calipari, who is the only coach to have a Final Four appearance vacated at two schools (Memphis and UMass)?" i guess the manure you got for brains limits your reading comprehension !

Couchdummy writes:

in response to mocsandvolsfan:

I say hire him back if we aren't in the NCAAs in a few years anyhow. Not worried though 'cause we'll be there this year!

I can only say I hope he's learned that telling the truth is always...ALWAYS the best option. And that's the truth.

If your wife asks if this dress makes her look fat (and it really does), do you say yes?

rbwtn writes:

I would hire him back in a heartbeat. A smart AD would have just suspended him with pay until the thing was over which would be next season but the former AD who crashed Football and Basketball at UT put his tail tween his legs and Ran. No Guts? NO Glory! No basketball Coach. Nothing against our coach now who looks-up to Pearl too.

CoverOrange writes:

in response to UkJarhead:

No money exchanged or academic fraud involved. Pearl was guilty of jaywalking. That's why.

I won't disparage Calipari without solid facts of him breaking rules. But I wouldn't be surprised if someday facts surface.

ULTIMATEVOLUNTEER writes:

in response to UkJarhead:

Suspected by jealous fans don't count.

Jealous fan = someone who trolls another schools website thus exposing their lack of intelligence.

movol77 writes:

I would:

A.) Fire Martin
B.) Hire Pearl
C.) Tell the rest of the world to bite me

Chalk that up as a vote for the cheater that cost UT three years and million$.

movol77 writes:

in response to 798orange:

I thought John was in football mode with the opener just days away. Stories about Pearl might get more attention down the road. Maybe he has run out of angles in which he can criticize Fulmer.

;-)

in response to Couchdummy:

I suppose Pearl could have said no comment.

Me? I got no wife and never will. No offense ladies. I love you all. All wives though look great in whatever they choose to wear. they're also always correct in every single argument if you want peace. Truth or peace. It's a tough choice.

ok enough of the philosophical fantasies.

UTKin1992 writes:

in response to movol77:

Chalk that up as a vote for the cheater that cost UT three years and million$.

Yes. You may.

As for his transgressions, they were insignificant and trivial compared with the punishment given. If we'd had strong leadership in the offices of the president and the AD, we could have pushed the NCAA wimps back into their sanctimonious ivory tower and told them to shove it.

movol77 writes:

Yes. You may.

Novel

UTKin1992 writes:

....and furthermore, we wouldn't be messing around with this middling "whatever the heck made up name" Martin and we'd have a real basketball coach.

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to UkJarhead:

You charlatan..UK fans glorify a racist in Adolph Hitler Rupp, and you have the gall to whine about UT fans still wanting Pearl to coach at UT?

in response to UTKin1992:

ridiculous statement. I don't believe you're a 92 grad. however that may explain the youthful sounding nothing aggitations coming forth from your Ipad or whatever your poison is.

Middling. He was never a "middling" coach or person. How big a school is doesn't make you smarter or better in anyway. UT has wonderful teachers and many wonderful students. That's what makes it strong. NOT the most likely predjudiced rantings of a non-participant.

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to Couchdummy:

I told my 1st wife that very thing..

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to mocsandvolsfan:

Great post, Mocs/Vols.

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

Yes. You may.

I'm a Pearl fan, and was disgusted at how the NCAA/ESPN vilified him (especially since Jim Calhoun was basically paying his athletes). But, you've got to question someones intelligence when NCAA investigators ask you point blank questions and you still lie. Why would any reasonable minded adult believe 17&18 year old HS students wouldn't let the cat out of the bag?

in response to UTKin1992:

Weell! I had a pretty good retort already typed to this nonsense. But something is preventing me from an easy time of posting today. Weather?

I realize you're on here just to aggitate and get more resonses for the article but you're comments seem inappropriate and almost on the edge of predjudice. That may be my imagination though. So I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. STILL your post is ridiculous.

Being a larger school doesn't give UT students larger brain capacities. UT gives the chance and choice of a broader perspective by determination and hard work. "Middling" doesn't describe a school's ability to expand the mind or challenge the student to better performance. As much as I love UT sports it still exists for learning.

"A real basketball coach"? You need to go back to school young man or get a better education somewhere. Personally I don't believe you are a '92 grad. I think you're a plant to get responses. IT WORKED! happy?

licknpromise777#651578 writes:

in response to BigBadVol:

What a moronic post! Have you seen any of the recent recruits? Get your head out of your azzzzzzz!

Good call Bad..It's obvious tomkitty follows Vol basketball about as much as I follow womens track and field

mocsandvolsfan writes:

OK thanks Beare. I posted twice because the powers that be are showing internet problems. I didn't know the first post made it.lol

ONE LAST POST TODAY.

sorry so many. But I just want to check to see if my internet is fixed. I seem to be mixed up in a registry battle(again) between competing protection software companies. My paranoia tells me I'm the one that's losing.

DonK37920 writes:

Hire back Bruce! TBA was a half full arena with black curtains to hide the empty seats before he got here. The program Urban Meyer ran at Florida is way more disgraceful than what Bruce did. Calipari's history of probation at multiple schools is way worse also. He lied about a BBQ and has owned up to it and as of yesterday our probation ends and on August 23, 2014 his will end. He paid his penalty, still loves the school and our fans still love him!

licknpromise777#651578 writes:

in response to fearthehound:

I really like Martin. His recruiting is very good, and he is steadily building a very good program at UT. I don't think we can ignore that, but we need to see what this year yields as far as W/L and his team for the future. Pearl was great for Tennessee and I'd love to have him back, but we can't ditch Cuonzo at this time--he's doing a good job of building and getting some good recruits. Am I wrong in this, my real non-troll Vol buddies?

Makes a lot of sense to me and Iam pretty sure Hart does not have the b#lls to thumb his nose at the NCAA and revisit the past..Short of a TOTAL melt down of a 20 loss season; Martin isn't going anywhere. I have watched every BBgame for the last 8 years and frankly most of the games we lost the past 2 years were simply because our guards came out and shot 15 for 45 while guys like Pope or Henderson were on fire lighting us up. That's not to say we never lost because of bad defense or bad effort but we lost to Mercer because the guards shot a dismal 13 of 44 while they were shooting 50%

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to licknpromise777#651578:

You can't ignore the fact that UT lost to mid-major schools when they had their best teams as well. Mercer was a very good squad last year as was MTSU the year before. Winthrop/Butler and other schools have played as good of a brand of bb as any BCS conference programs. That has more to do with the one&done athletes leaving; Solid 3* athletes at mid-major schools for 4 years of development, while schools like Kansas/UK are fortunate to have athletes for two seasons. UT needs to recruit athletes that fit their system the best, not star gazing for athletes that are potentially one&done and disrupt the team chemistry after they leave. I feel CCM is doing that very thing by recruiting athletes that fit his program opposed to appeasing the fans. Having said that, this is a make or break season for CCM. He must make the big dance, the talent is in place and it's time for results..GBO!

UkJarhead writes:

in response to alfrizzle097:

To be fair, those final fours were about player actions, not his. Now, to me it strains credulity to say that Calipari wasn't at least intentionally turning a blind eye those situations, so its fair I think to say he was suspected in the eye of public opinion.

Now... things like Rose's brother riding on the plane with the team. News flash. They were giving benefits to his agent. Yes, his agent is his brother. Which is still unallowable.

All this being said, if you are going to criticize UK for having him around, you certainly can't advocate rehiring Pearl and still have any ground to stand on.

Great post. Does Cal have baggage? Absolutely. But thats what you accept to win. That is the name of the game. Thats why they keep score. I have no problem with his baggage and if I was a UT fan, I would want Pearl back as well and deal with the criticism. But you can't have it both ways. Can't accept Pearl and criticize Cal.

in response to DonK37920:

OK YOU FORCED ME TO POST AGAIN! FORCED!

I didn't mean to yell.

WE GOT A COACH!! Martin will be fine this year and years to come. I too have missed Pearl's shenanigan's at times though.

BadBrad writes:

Wow!!...on the comments:

Pearl cheated in marriage, cheated per the NCAA rules....TWICE...AFTER BEING CALLED ON THE CARPET!...BUT...he DID win games!!!

HMMM...Dooley was a LOSING coach...BUT he DID clean out the "thugs"!

Do we not care about integrity?! If we don't, let's just go to some maximum security prison and find the best athletes/coaches possible!

(I expect to get "piled on", but that's my thoughts anyway!)

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to UkJarhead:

That's what we've been saying all along, Einstein. UK has forsaken honesty/integrity for wins..Silence, ye knave!

UTKin1992 writes:

in response to BIVOLAR_BEARE:

Great post, Mocs/Vols.

I'll let you two lovebirds know when I care what you think. Now continue your circlejerk...

UTKin1992 writes:

...unless of course you're the same poster, which is likely. Most "fans" of college teams have no ends to their stupidity. You two are no different than your garden variety bammer; just fans. Nothing more. No ties to the university other than the coincidence that you own a T-Shirt and decided UT was "your team".

The NFL migh suit you guys a little better...it's more...ugh...blue collar? You can just pick a team - any team - AND act as moronic as you wish!

Enjoy...

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to UTKin1992:

Typical retort from someone that harbors ill will about past events. If you really graduated in 92, you should have grown up by now, little man.

UTKin1992 writes:

in response to BIVOLAR_BEARE:

Have you read some of the adolescent stupidity you post here ALL THE TIME? You attack everyone. Anyone who has any opinion different from your inbred worldview gets a smart aleck reply. Me, grow up? Find an NFL team...really, it better suits you.

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to UTKin1992:

Yes, i'll admit that i cut up and post zany remarks (for comic relief). However, you or no one can deny my love for the University of Tennessee. I wasn't recruited by Johnny Majors (surprised aren't you) instead i ended up at Memphis State. I didn't allow a coaching decision to become a personal issue. It's time to separate our personal ties from reality and quit deflecting anger toward others. I actually agree with many of the post you submit, but you never recognize any of those qualities and rather argue when i don't agree with you. That sounds like a person really wanting to argue than talk sports. BTW, I'm a huge Dallas Cowboy fan since 1966, ironically the same year I became a UT backer. I'll never quit supporting my teams, EVER!

in response to UTKin1992:

lovebirds? really? That's your adult response?
I am far older than you unless you graduated as an older person. Bur your lack of maturity is obvious regardless of your age. At least in the post you made that started this. However I suggest you don't take my retorts too seriously because this IS just a blog where all sorts of comments are made by our immaturiy. Mine too. It can be fun or it can be frustrating. I get frustrated when people attack the coaches or players without any real reasons stated...like your post above.

You obviously have some issue with Martin besides his coaching or lack of coaching. Why attack him? You can dislike what he does without all the harshness. I might disagree but I would respect your comments more.imho.

If you just want to argue I guess I can do that too.

UkJarhead writes:

in response to BIVOLAR_BEARE:

UT doesn't want wins? That explains a lot then.

Enjoy...

I watched UT win the NC on TV with my Dad. He sighed when it was over and seemed very content that UT had won. He was a Georgia transplant like me that'd learned to love and appreciate the UT sports programs. My brother is a UT grad. My sister has a masters from UT. I have numerous friends that are associated with UT.

After the NC game I watched with my Dad he passed away a couple of weeks later. The game was the last I saw him alive. So don't tell me I have no ties junior!

When in college at UTC I kept a UT football mug on a shelf in my apt. I secretly pulled for UT when they came to break in the new Mckenzie arena.

None of this makes me a particularly better fan than so many fans. I'm not in competition with you or anyone else for fan of the year.

I just think you made an unreasonable comment about Martin!

UTKin1992 writes:

in response to mocsandvolsfan:

lovebirds? really? That's your adult response?

If you just want to argue I guess I can do that too.

With all due respect, I am entitled to my opinion. Furthermore, I don't have to provide reasons for disliking Martin..as I really don't dislike the man, I just like Pearl a whole lot more! Regardless of petty NCAA nonsense.

UTKin1992 writes:

in response to mocsandvolsfan:

I just think you made an unreasonable comment about Martin!

So you went to UTC...ok. You still didn't go to UTK. Not the same place.

My best friend was UTC's kicker from 89-92 (look it up and you can probably figure out where my hometown is.) That in no way gives me any connection to UTC. None. So what's your point?

Furthermore, anyone who doesn't think Coach Martin has a funny - and made-up - first name has no mental ability. It's bizarre and unusual. I was making light of it which was apparently lost on some of the obsessive "fans" 'round here.

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to UkJarhead:

UT doesn't want wins? That explains a lot then.

Uhh, I didn't mention UT...? Better reading comprehension should be implemented at UK as well.

UTKin1992 writes:

in response to BIVOLAR_BEARE:

Thank you for your honesty and reasonable response. I am blunt and am hardwired to seek out for weaknesses that can be improved on, so I come off negative. Sorry. We can get along respectfully. My apologies.

in response to UkJarhead:

UT doesn't want wins? That explains a lot then.

I've got to get off of here. But I'll just have to say this stuff about Pearl and Cal is mostly unproven and just disruptive from my point of view.

1. Pearl did lie and he admitted it.
2. He obviously tried to get others to lie about the problem which was a huge error in judgement and inspite of his experience and his age he just should have known better.
3. He seemed to repent after the fact to the NCAA.
4. The fact that recruits were there at the bbq illegally doesn't prove anything as far as his recruiting purposes. But it didn't look good.

Cal- I don't assume anything either way about Calipari. But the fact that many do is not surprising. It's ok to take up for your program but you can't deny that Cal's history is subject to inspections. They will be continually till he retires and later. Just the nature of things. Right or wrong.

I posted this because you seem to be a true Kentucky fan. Nothing wrong with that but I don't know why you come on here and expect UT fans to take your side. Unless you just like the banter. Thats ok if you do.lol

UkJarhead writes:

in response to BIVOLAR_BEARE:

If you are able Bipolar, answer honestly these two questions:

Would you hire Pearl back?
Would you hire Cal to coach your Vols?

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to UTKin1992:

I apologize also, for sniping you in the past. We're all frustrated over the fall UT sports has taken with the dismissals of Pearl/Fulmer. It's time to unite not divide..GBO!!

in response to UTKin1992:

So you went to UTC...ok. You still didn't go to UTK. Not the same place.

Read it again aand read it all. I'm every bit as connected to UT as you are. You gave what 4 years?

My point was if you could read was that you can be a fan of UT without being a grad. It wasn't that hard to figure out. You're "best friend" actually did give you a connection to UTC IF you became a fan. Look up the word fan. It's not just something that blows wind. But we do that too I guess.
And Martin's name has little to do with this argument to me. I don't care especially what his name is. I thought this was about his coaching. Now that's a subject that's a little bit more important and worth the discussion we've been having.

UkJarhead writes:

in response to mocsandvolsfan:

1. Pearl did lie and he admitted it.
3. He seemed to repent after the fact to the NCAA.

Very insightful and right on. I am a sports fan and love the UK/UT rivalry. Its just banter and never negative until I feel the need to defend my team. I have posted many, many times over the years congratulating UT on great wins and accomplishments. I root for our conference when we play outside.

UTKin1992 writes:

in response to mocsandvolsfan:

Too serious. These are simply sports. Games. It doesn't really matter...does it? C'mon. Ok, you're a Tennessee fan...nuff said. Just don't make ridiculous comments to my (probably) ridiculous comments and keep it all in perspective.

BIVOLAR_BEARE writes:

in response to UkJarhead:

If you are able Bipolar, answer honestly these two questions:

Would you hire Pearl back?
Would you hire Cal to coach your Vols?

If I were AD Pearl would never have been terminated. Hamilton's pseudo backing of Pearl and allowance of mike Slime to suspend him without the NCAA hearing was a bush league move. Then he turns around and admits he's going to terminate BP before the 1st round of the NCAA tourney; After UT had already suffered through SEC suspensions they should have allowed him to carry on as HC. The NCAA boosted by ESPN coverage pounced on Bruce Pearl to get the heat off of their beloved UCONNvict program and ringleader Jim Calhoun. As far as John Calapari is concerned, I despise that charlatan ever since his days at UMASS. He's not a great coach, and he's about as trustworthy as an ambulance chasing personal injury attorney.

in response to UTKin1992:

OK. That I can respect. But I don't see your seeming need to attack Martin.

BTW you can't make a controversial comment on here without getting controversy.imho If you state your opinion I'm entitled to as well. EVEN if we disagree.

Also if you'd said to begin with that you didn't dislike Martin we would have never wasted all this space. I don't regret taking up for the coach and I don't regret challenging you. I DO regret that it seemed necessary to me.

I know a lot of what is said on here is "tongue and cheek" but when things are said )(like in the past) that can get someone fired I get a little touchy. I hate media trying to hire and fire. I may need to lighten up but I don't think so really about some things. I am however getting off of here now and will get outside and get some fresh air and enjoy the day. Maybe you should too.

in response to BadBrad:

Wow!!...on the comments:

HMMM...Dooley was a LOSING coach...BUT he DID clean out the "thugs"!

(I expect to get "piled on", but that's my thoughts anyway!)

OK one more post. I can't help it.

I don't really disagree here. I liked Dooley and still do. I didn't think he made some of the best coaching decisions gamewise but I've seen that out of Fulmer and other great coaches too.

In my mind integrity is the ideal. It's what all coaches and schools need as a program description. But really you also have to consider whether a coach just messed up and is sorry for that. With Pearl we may not know unless he is rehired somewhere. I don't think you'll have to worry about it being UT.

murrayvol writes:

in response to Witch_Doctors:

Witch Doctor wish him the best. Witch Doctor will be shocked though if its D-1. Witch Doctor just heard the NCAA stopped investigating Johnny Football(to lazy to check his last names spelling)so then again...maybe not. Witch Doctor say he had it all before he threw it all away.
Go Bruce best wishes!
Bones never lie.

With all respect Doc I disagree. He will get a D-1 job....and a pretty good one.

Johnny F. Manziel will play football this year (might sit for a game or two just for show) just as Cam Newton played in the BCSCG. Too much $$$$$$$$$ on the table. Ratings for the Tide encounter will be through the roof.

murrayvol writes:

in response to Vols4Ever:

The 'Cheating Cat fan base has always existed in a state of denial/delusion with the integrity of their coaches. Rupp never received probation, there wasn't any cash in the envelope on the UPS turnstile, and Cal wasn't around the 2 programs that had to vacate NCAA Final Four appearances.

And gravity is an illusion since the sun revolves around the earth.

In defense of UPS it was an Emery Express "turnstile".