Comments »

dfreeman writes:

DSAvol is just upset because he is one of these "fans" that wants us to lose so he can see Fulmer fired! Fulmer will be the football coach next year and he is beginning to realize that! Drives you mad huh DSA?? Would you call Fulmer a dumbass and be running your mouth off in front of him?? Nah probably not you're probably one of those people that are scared of your own shadow!!

vol4good#206163 writes:

Very proud of the O line Today. Foster and Hardesty also showed what they could do. Great Heart and hard running. MS St. had one of the best Run D's in the SEC. At least TN completed some big time throws down field. Finally, Austin Rogers is a Man, Sure He dropped a TD but he also picked up 5 first downs and got hammered over the middle. His body of work is positive. I believe TN beats Bammer by 3 next week. GO VOLS!

nicksjuzunk#646117 writes:

LSU has lost to KY. I am officially scared. What are the chances of of LSU slipping again and someone else sneaking into the SEC championship. Maybe Auburn next week.

Weird, weird year.

MississippiVol writes:

Being at the game today and seeing it first hand, the Vols didn't play that great, but they did stop MSU when it counted and it was a win. Not as nice as the Georgia win, but a win is a win. Being from Mississippi the one thing that suprised me the most was a lot of the MSU fans attitude towards the UT fans, I thought MSU fans had more class than what I saw of some of them. You would think a team that wins 3 games a year would happy to have won 4 already. I guess that 4th one made them cocky and arrogant. Just think 4 wins for them and thy are cocky, 4 for us and we would have burned Fulmer at the stake.

Titan writes:

02champ and Volfan - I'm with you. Kesling is terrible - why do we have to put up with him? He doesn't know a bubble screen from a slip screen. "The punt goes off the side of Colquitt's foot and out of bounds" - Bob did you ever think he was aiming it there to prevent a return and that's a good thing? "There's a short run up the middle - it's second and 2." "The pass is complete - now they say it's incomplete" - well then Bob it never was complete. "There's the kickoff - it's a spinner" (whatever that is). Bob still hasn't figured out that they moved the kickoff back five yards this year and that teams are going to usually start with better field position. As a middle TN guy, I don't like much of anything about Vandy. However, I would take their play by play guy, Joe Fisher, over Kesling in a heartbeat. I'm not asking for John Ward reincarnated. But please, at least find us someone who understands the game and can do a decent job without constantly making mistakes. I have written Mike Hamilton - got no response. (I also agree that Bob does a decent job on basketball.)

vol4good#206163 writes:

Just Saw the stats and I have to correct myself. Rogers only had 3 first down catches. Not 5. Sorry

orangeblood writes:

I like austin rogers. He dropped zero against georgia and (even though it was a TD catch) it was his only drop wasn't it? Dang, i'd like to see you all go over the middle. I've done it (although it was in high school) and it sucks when you get the **** knocked out of you. Very very very few can catch it and get nailed simultaniously.

chefjorge writes:

I find it weird that the person who is talking the most sense around these parts is a gator fan. On a day when the #1 team in the country loses to KY and the #2 team loses to OSU, some of you people are female doging about your team winning a game in what is likely the most competitive conference in the land. I just don't get it. Your inane gabble get's me down. You seem to think that UT is the only school that's entitled to good athletes and coaching. Another example of a coach that was on the verge of getting fired and didn't was Don James at the University of Washington in 1988. He went on to have a dominant run and fielded a National Championship team that would have kicked the s out of ours. Things go in cycles. Deal with it. Or like the man said: "sell all your orange gear and be done with it," otherwise stop staining my ears. Cheers, G

chefjorge writes:

OldNumber7 writes:

Other than a porous, unreliable, easy-to-confuse defense, the Vols played well. The offense was basically solid and didn't shoot itself in the foot - except those annoying stalls in the red-zone.... why Tennessee's play-calling gets so conservative near the end zone I'll never understand. Good win, but not good enough to get to Atlanta without improvement (do something Chavis - it will be the D that spoils this party).

VolsFan17 writes:

Rogers has been pretty clutch on 3rd and long all season. He's picked up some important 1st downs that have kept crucial drives alive. So, get off his back!

99gator writes:

fl-ky was chosen for cbs @ 3:30.

i dk what when or where bama-tenn will be televised

imnotwithphil writes:

Good win – but it proves nothing. Anything less than an SEC East Championship would be an underachievement for this year’s team… hopefully that’s where the Big Orange Nation’s expectations are set… Go Vols. Beat Bama! Keep our SEC East title dream alive for one more week!!!

yeavols#228407 writes:

Offense is right on time, the defense is what is going to do us in. UGA, our only quality win, is pathetic. I didn't realize how bad they were until the Vandy highlights. I guess the KY FL game is going to be good.

Ironcity writes:

Whats this conservative play calling I keep hearing. Just because we didn't run any reverses or flea flickers doesn't mean we were conservative. We didn't just run the ball on third down we threw it 38 times. The problem wasn't play calling it was execution. I for one am happy that we scored 7 time in the game. The play calling was good to great. The long pass came after three straight runs setting up the play fake. Get your heads out or your A@@es and realize creativity comes from being able to excute the basics (off tackle runs etc.). Lets go to Bama and hope we can win. This league is so balanced its really going to hard to win out. As for Rogers, he does seem to be open all the time so he must be doing something right.

wisonsinvol writes:

Wow, this was a really good game against a very good opponent. The trench war was incredible. Our guys are going to be black and blue today, especially Foster and Rogers. Love seeing Hardesty spell Foster some. BTW, Foster doing a good job of hanging on to the ball. As for Rogers, he has dropped too many critical passes - yes he has made some very tough catches and taken a beating. But something is up with him - psychological I suppose. I just know the boy has got to get some serious practice on watching the ball all the way into his hands. That may be just the problem as he is often getting the stuff knocked out after his catches. He may be just taking his eyes off the ball looking for the big hit. GOod win, good game, good coaching - better work on red zone td's. Too many short fg's.

littletheyknow writes:

Last week I said TN needed to win big over MS, but I think this win was great. TN has to keep playing hard on D and the O line keep blocking for the run and you will see TN in Atlanta. If you can't see the improvement TN has shown then you are not watching what I'm watching or you just don't know football. There were a few missed tacles but tell me one team who doesn't miss a tackle. TN is not perfect but they are a very good team. There are 11 guys on the other side of the ball and if they couldn't play they wouldn't be there. TN will coach and play this thing out, if you think you can do better get youself some pads or find your own team to coach. TN 24 - AL 10 GO VOLS

Timed_vol (Inactive) writes:

The SEC has a really good chance of playing itself out of the bcs cahmpionship game (again).

Old Jim Delaney is laffin' his a$$ off, knowing the Big Tin has the inside track (again) with Ohio State.

Only, this time, they'll play someone like BC, they won't dare face an SEC school.

rock and roll, delaniacs.

volsfaninBoca writes:

Congrats tn on another victory. The SEC continues to show why it is the toughest conference year in and year out. it is almost impossible to go undefeated in the SEC making the BCS a continuing challenge for any SEC team. If Tenn can keep on winning, the post season will take care of itself!!! Now let's take of Bama who was lucky to get a win yesterday.

VolFanInAtl writes:

"We don't want to be kicking it that much, obviously.''

"We need to do a better job of getting the ball in the end zone,''

Good - It sounds like CPF and Ainge realize that we need to get better in the red zone if the offense is going to compensate for the defense.
No dis to Lincoln.

Timed_vol (Inactive) writes:

AND THERE IT IS!!!! Ohio STATE no. 1!!!!!!
G-A-G-G-G-G-G-G-G-G-G-G-GG-G-G-G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE BIG TIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Something really, really needs to change. As Dan wetzel has said more than once, every week is NOT a playoff when not everty team is a playoff team.

My, my, OSU trounced Kent State while LSU was bungling it up at UK. Oh, wait, UK has one loss, and that to a pretty sound 'other' USC.

Ya know, the SEC has enough clout and muscle to change this. All they gotta do is threaten to pull out of the NCAA en masse. Trust me, there'd be money, and the Big 12 and Pact 10 might go along for the ride.

Mike Slive just doesn't have the Balls (or the presidents???) to make it happen.

invisiblekid writes:

Movol77, not looking to get into a in-depth discussion on Rogers or whether Volfaninchattanooga has dropped a pass or not in his lifetime but I disagree with the following statement: "If you NEVER dropped a pass, you either didn't have many thrown in your era or you didn't play very much. Your claim is unheard of for a modern game or a starter."

"Perhaps that work ethic is why Taylor hasn't dropped a pass this season. Perhaps that's why he's UT's leading receiver with 41 catches for 618 yards." Only had to go up two articles to find that information.

ncvol17 writes:

Against the TIDE we will need 7's and not 3's. Here's hoping we can we make the TIDE fans eat their Houndstooth hats...
Hating the TIDE since 75..

missrvrvol writes:

Decent performance. Looked like we were happy for settling for FG's again. Will cost us against Bama.

sgtvols writes:

give cutcliff a B for 33 points. chavis pushing ole miss for last place in sec, again. fulmer doesn't have to coach, all he has to do is hire good coaches. scary to think where we would have been the last few years with a defense.