jln writes:

He'll be back in the NFL in a couple of years.

But it really shows how far the Tennessee job has fallen in respect. Kiffen leaves after one year. Actually a hard time replacing him. Dooley was low on the want list. Charlie Strong turned it down last year, but bolted to Texas immediately.

murrayvol writes:

in response to MikeNPS:

Wow! Kiffin almost destroys two different football programs and yet Bama hires him anyway. Unbelievable.

Three if you include Oakland but they were pretty much in the terlet when he arrived.

Snapshot writes:

in response to Esau:

Are you kidding? Anyone with any knowledge of the game can't deny Kiffin's offensive credentials. What Saban will have to do is keep Kiffin away from the media and not let him within rock throwing distance of any recruits.

No, I'm not kidding. Did I say anything about denying his offensive credentials? I just don't think he will be a good fit for bama, just my opinion which I'm entitled to.

By the way, I've probably forgot more about the game than you will ever know.

ThirdCreek writes:

Kiffin will jump from 'Bama as soon as another program comes calling with a head coach position. Heck, even Pitrino screwed over Western KY and bolted for Louisville despite Western KY the only place that gave him a comeback shot.

Kiffin left behind the mess at UT by leaving after less than a year for USC. Dooley was a desperation hire. Glad the Vols have Butch Jones now instead.

stalker5572#1438665 writes:

in response to Esau:

On a side note word was Kiffin's wife found Knoxville a bit too folksy for her taste. I doubt sweet cheeks will find Alabama any more cosmopolitan ;)

could not have stated it better

tnoldiebutgoodie writes:

in response to Typical_WillfullyIgnorant_Idiotic_ET_RWNJ:

BAMA Sucks?

Really?

Well, if BAMA sucks then how about UT?

Doesn't UT suck too?

I mean, after all, how many BCS championships does UT have?

Remind me who has the most.

Doesn't matter how many BCS championships you got.

Alabama is the only school that's been close to the NCAA Death Penalty twice...

TWICE.

And with Lame Kiffen.. you'll be revisiting it.

BTW... didn't Auburn beat you this year? You might have missed that one.

stalker5572#1438665 writes:

Kiffin is good at winning interviews

Typical_WillfullyIgnorant_Idiotic_ET_RWNJ writes:

in response to tnoldiebutgoodie:

Doesn't matter how many BCS championships you got.

Alabama is the only school that's been close to the NCAA Death Penalty twice...

TWICE.

And with Lame Kiffen.. you'll be revisiting it.

BTW... didn't Auburn beat you this year? You might have missed that one.

I'm not in Alabama.

I like Alabama, but I'm not a graduate of UA or what you would consider a fan.

But in your addled East Tennessee mind, I must be a fan of Bama to have stepped up and corrected an unfair and flawed remark by a jealous hateful UT fan.

vut5686#1405392 writes:

Interesting. Since this site started "charging," these are the most responses yet. About an Alabama assistant coach and not anything dealing with Tenn. Circumstantially, guess this proves we had rather hate Alabama than love Tennessee.

Slats writes:

in response to pingkr62:

Lane will "serve time" in Tuscaloosa and will eventually land another head coaching job elsewhere. Maybe somewhere like Memphis, Akron, Illinois etc....

---------
If lieing was a crime Lane would already be serving time!

oldster writes:

If Lane's wife disliked Knoxville as much as I heard she did, she is really going to hate Tuscaloosa.

gc_scvol writes:

in response to Typical_WillfullyIgnorant_Idiotic_ET_RWNJ:

I have an even better idea, in fact it is THE BEST idea, how about you GFY.

Really? My comment gets deleted and you let this one slide? Ol' Ernest must be working form the inside. What do you think GFY stands for? Go forth Young man. You guys are real winners.