rusty_shackleford writes:

in response to springcreekvol:

Bobby Petrino deserves a second shot. He wins everywhere he goes.

We could probably get him for a tricked out Harley & a box of condoms

orangeman1 writes:

my first choice is Mike Gundy. Second would be Jimbo Fisher then Charlie Strong or Peterson. Fulmer isnt coming back to UT. There are rumors he might be considered for Ky.

alavol writes:

in response to springcreekvol:

Bobby Petrino deserves a second shot. He wins everywhere he goes.

Agreed, he would win with current crowd. Please get off the Gruden business!

GburgOrange writes:

in response to VFL_Troll_Patrol:

Rehire Derek Dooley.... Duuuuuh its that simple. haha! Who ever the coach is, I hope he can understand the basics and the strategy and so on.... Dooley is and was a joke. I gave him 3 chances and 3 years, then I started disliking him after some of the wasted time outs, bad decisions, and just plain common sense mistakes. WHY TAKE OUT BRAY???? what a joke..... I wish him the best of luck. Besides, he will be sitting comfortable with that check every week. ha! The mistake Dooley made was letting Sal bring in the 3-4 D in the first year!!! Why? Wait and do that next year because this year we had guys who already knew the 4-3 and was full of talent.

*Im always watching*

He took Bray out because Bray quit. Bray may not start against KY.

alavol writes:

in response to BigOrangeSlim:

God, Please NO!!!! Wins and losses are not EVERYTHING!!!!!!

Wins and losses are everything! why did you just fire a coach who could not win?

alavol writes:

in response to VolzsFan:

Regardless of who is available throughout football, James Franklin will continue to win big by Vanderbilt standards and when given an opportunity with real resources will win bigger than anyone. I would hire him tomorrow if he would say yes and not look back.

Since I have told, predict and educated 100% correctly over the years, I have spoken. The rest of you need to become readers and not writers.

you are correct- he is a good coach! Still like Petrino, though!

easttnvol writes:

in response to BigOrangeSlim:

God, Please NO!!!! Wins and losses are not EVERYTHING!!!!!!

If wins and loses don't mean anything we should have been happy with Dooley.

DwayneElizondoMountainDewHerbertCamacho writes:

in response to SummittsCourt:

This is what's wrong with this fan base. Very delusional = Gruden? Cowher? Hello! they are not interested so stop it already.

1. You have to want to coach UT - Gruden does not.

2. You have to have the money to pay him - UT does not.

So stop it already.

So neither Gruden nor Cowher is possible? Ultimately because UT doesn't have the money to pay either?

Funny...you made the same prediction about Dooley and this staff:

"There is no money - UT can't afford to buy out the coaches and then hire another coach - they just can't." -October 29, 2012

Aaaand, that was wrong.

Your predictions of UT's win/loss record have also been extremely bad:

"UT should win out and finish 7-5 with a bowl bid...UT is not in as bad of shape as some of you seem to think." -October 28, 2012

And your assessment of Dooley's coaching and this staff is equally off the mark:

"I really like Dooley's approach to these games. Stay focused Vols and you'll come out on top! Go Vols!" -Sept. 11, 2012 (keep growing that bamboo!)

"As I said before the 7 coaches that left the program during the offseason were replaced by 7 better coaches and it is showing. People need to give Coach Dooley some credit. He had to hire those coaches on the fly just to have a staff the last two years. This time around he got to take his time a little and made great hiring decisions." -Sept. 9, 2012

"Keep Sal Sunseri as long as possible. He is going to be a great Defensive Coordinator for years to come." -Sept. 6, 2012

You predicted upsets in the UF, UGA, Miss State, and USC games (I guess after USC you realized that maybe this team wasn't "winning the right way" after all).

In short, a very quick perusal of your past predictions and comments reveals two things:

1. You were AMAZINGLY wrong throughout the season whenever it came to football.

2. You have to be the biggest Derek Dooley apologist to ever grace these boards.

Why should anyone listen to you when you write anything? In fact, the more you spout off about Gruden, the more it makes me feel like Chucky has already been hired and could be announced as UT's next coach at any minute.

*****************************************************
"All you Dooley haters remember that when the winning starts you are not welcome on the bandwagon." -August 27, 2012

tennezz writes:

Jimbo Fisher!

Jesse_James1977 writes:

Chavis! !!

strops writes:

Dwayne, et al, you must have a very poor excuse of a life to do all the research that you did on Summits Court and then post it. How about putting up some of your incorrect "priceless posts" for us to read. Oh Yeah!! You couldn't since you change your screen name probably more than you change your underwear!

Snapshot writes:

in response to BigOrangeRock:

Bring Fulmer back.

The rock has spoken.

Ain't gonna happen, rock!

wildmed writes:

Hart has a hell of a lot riding on this hire. If he uses Hamilton as a guide, he'll swing for the fences. I hope he hits it out of the park! GBO!!

wildmed writes:

in response to rusty_shackleford:

We could probably get him for a tricked out Harley & a box of condoms

Funniest post I've read all day. Throw in a pair of training wheels and he's a lock.

woodwr#217203 writes:

in response to BigOrangeRock:

Bring Fulmer back.

The rock has spoken.

Bringing Bill Snyder back worked for Kansas State.

1986sugarbowl writes:

This is very interesting!!! Why would Gruden be interested in collage offenses for the NFL? If he goes to Arkansas over UT, it would be on Harts head. I don't think money is a hindrance at UT like some say that it is. My guess is that if he comes to the collage level, he will be UT's next football coach. If he doesn't, I like Gary Patterson or Charlie Strong. I would love Chip Kelley, and I think the loss to Stanford would help get him to the Vols. Why? You loose one game in most any other conference and your chances of playing in the championship is slim. One loss in the SEC east puts you playing against a Bama from the west and that is basically your National Championship hopes right there. Would Kelley like to have the luxury of doing that? I think so. But him being wishy washy about a NFL coaching job worries me so that's why I say Patterson or Strong.

Enki_Amenra writes:

Tennessee needs to make a pinnacle hire. It needs to be on par with the hires of Saban, Miles, Meyer, Muschamp at our rivalry schools. If a premier hire can not be done, we need to approach a true vol and sign them with little to no buy-out. This hire should understand and be willing to give his/her best while Tennessee searches for the dream coach to rebuild and return the Vols to a perennial national power...

by the way, UT is in a bad financial spot, but have vowed to make sure that is no object when negotiating for the right coach.

Go Vols!!! We love you and your family Dooley, thanks for your effort at UT and the way you have handled these last few weeks! I wish you had found success here and hope you do in the future.

Regardless, You're a Vol for life in my eyes! Thanks Again!

Enki_Amenra writes:

I know Hart and the administration have to carefully consider all options for coach. The fans are the most important issue now, without them in the stands, the financial status sinks to new depths.

I wonder if Hart will listen to what the fans are saying, when they say something like this;

'If no fantasy coach can be signed, bring back Fulmer!'?

or

'If it's down to Petrino, hire Fulmer!'?

I believe Fulmer would love to rekindle his former relationship with UT and it seems most fans would not object to that.

woodwr#217203 writes:

in response to gwh_1947:

The Chicago Tribune is report that Northern Illinois University coach Dave Doeren is a prime candidate to take over a head coaching position. He is mentioned as a possible candidate for Purdue, Kentucky, Tennessee and others. Those who don't know him, he is a Kansas native who came to NIU after completing his fifth season at Wisconsin, where he served as defensive coordinator along with linebackers coach, with a trip to the 2011 Rose Bowl. In all, he helped take teams to eight bowl games and two national championship contests as an assistant. During Doeren's time at Wisconsin, the Badgers posted a 49-15 overall record and played in the Champs Sports Bowl (twice), Outback Bowl and Capital One Bowl.

In January of 2008, Doeren added defensive coordinator duties to his assignment as linebackers coach after spending his first two seasons in Madison as the Badgers' co-defensive coordinator, linebackers coach and recruiting coordinator.

I like the fact that he is strong on defense and recruiting, something UT needs.

DD is exactly the kind of Head Coach candidate UT should be wooing: young but experienced AND successful as Head Coach, but at a school where Tennessee would be a move up.

TheFuj writes:

Gruden should be the #1 choice. He has the charisma to recruit and has good coaching past experience. Mostly pro, but some college. Recruiting is the priority in college. You can only coach so many less skilled players versus a team with far superior skilled players. There are the 3 stars that are better than their rating, but year in and year out a team stands a better chance of winning with top 10 recruiting.
We have a advantage with Gruden's wife being from East TN. If she has that in her blood, she we want to return to this great place. To raise their 3 boys here will be far better than NFL cities.
I would throw the pocket book at him. It would be well worth the dollars I believe. Gruden has to be able to recruit better than Dooley. I think his brother is the o-coordinator for the Bengals. The Gruden hire would definitely set the college world on edge.

tovolny writes:

Jon Gruden is not coming to Tennessee. Why would he give up a high paying/low pressure position (not even a job) to have the ill informed UT fans leave mid-way through the 3rd quarter; John Adams, Gomer Climer, and the half baked news guy in Chattanooga predicting his demise as soon as he lost his first game???

FOLKS, all of this...all of it...goes back to Hamilton and Fulmer. Our Great Pumpkin just put everything in neutral and quit recruiting and quit coaching long before Hamilton fired him. By the way Hamilton is spelled "Haslam" or something like that.

VOL_IN_BAMA writes:

Charlie Strong! Gruden isn't leaving MNF.

rickytopvol writes:

in response to tovolny:

Like I said in an earlier post there are still to many haters out there. Fulmer won 9 games in 06, 10 games in 07 (won the east) and got fired in '08. The Fulmer haters brought ALL of this on! In '08 we were only a good OC away from having a real good team. Instead Fulmer was fired and we are so far away from winning the east (and 10 games in a season) its ridiculous. Thanks a lot haters! Save the program bring Fulmer back!!!

clvolfan writes:

in response to grandtad#1402265:

I think Jimbo Fisher is a good fit for the Vols! I agree that Gruden is a far fetch.

All of a sudden,why do some on this site think Fisher is interested in leaving the Seminoles?

MikeNPS writes:

in response to sdpuckett21:

Has anybody considered Coach Bill Cowher?

I think Cowher would be an excellent choice.

MikeNPS writes:

in response to springcreekvol:

Bobby Petrino deserves a second shot. He wins everywhere he goes.

Would UT really stoop that low?

MikeNPS writes:

in response to Rockytopfan96:

FULMER

Oh, so let's go back and rehire the guy who started our program on its current downward trend? Not a good idea.

copia69296 writes:

While we are spending pretend money and acting like all of these coaches want to come to UT...

Hire Peyton Manning. I just know he will quit the Broncos and come to Knoxville. He can call plays from the sideline.

Lets pick a coach at a top 15 school that has gone to a bowl game the last 3 years and recruited in the top 10 the last 5 years. Whats a few more million.

And I know that anybody leaving a good job to come to UT would never leave here after they started.

mikethehistorystudent writes:

From Yahoo: "Browns owner Jimmy Haslam, a wealthy Volunteers booster whose brother is the governor of Tennessee, has told several people he believes Gruden would be a good fit for Tennessee. Gruden's wife Cindy went to Tennessee.
Sources told CBSSports.com that Gruden is more interested in coaching in the college game than in the NFL and is more serious about a return to coaching now than he has been since being fired by the Bucs in 2008."

DwayneElizondoMountainDewHerbertCamacho writes:

in response to strops:

If you're gonna talk B.S. for months and I have an extra 5 mins on my lunch break, then you're gonna get called out on it (it took about 7 mins to put that post together...it's called cut and paste).

You can go through my posts the same as anyone. Feel free to call me out on my B.S. as well. You can also research my former screen names: "VolAlum2003" & "VolAlum03isBACK"

The above screen names are the ONLY screen names I have had (although I know guys like you love to pretend that I have a stable of screen names that I change constantly to keep everyone from knowing that I never supported Dooley...oh krap...now you know my secret!). The inactive accounts were shut down by the message board monitors because I used naughty language.

Also, good job on pretty much devoting your time on these message boards to criticizing John Adams. I have a poor excuse for a life while you're putting together brilliant posts like:

"gator and tiger lover little john adams"

"adams is a parasite"

"No matter how bad any UT sport is--Adams is worse."

"Why don't you take the job john. You are all-knowing and have all the answers. You and your legion of trolls have nothing to offer except to complain."

Out of 8 posts you have spent 5 posts doing nothing but criticizing John Adams. Thanks for contributing.

Rusty356 writes:

in response to terrytennessee:

Does not Mr. Favre have a bit of history regarding some extramarital indiscretions of his own, similar to the same things for which others here are damning Mr. Petrino?

The main point I was making was that MARK McHALE would be an excellent "fit" for a UT Head Football Coach choice. He was @ FSU during the current UT AD's tenure at FSU, so there is already some involvement and history there. If you only believe half of what you see and less about what you read, then lets give AT LEAST as much credit to Brett Farve as Dave Hart got when he replaced Hamilton as AD. After all, Hart was at the helm when FSU was put on NCAA probation for over 30 varsity sport violations under his watchful eye .... but I don't think THAT changed his overall successful record much ... if any at all.

allvol9 writes:

in response to springcreekvol:

Bobby Petrino deserves a second shot. He wins everywhere he goes.

Do you mean a 4th shot? Louisville, left Atlanta much the same way as Kiffin did UT....and then there is Arkansas. No thanks to Petrino!

Razzle writes:

in response to Rusty356:

Wasn't he fired as offensive line coach at FSU? Is he still a high school coach in Mississippi?

Orangethrunthru writes:

in response to mcdouglewr:

I am from Tampa and there is a reason he is no longer with the Bucs. He won with Dungy's players and then folded. He will fold quickly with these players.

Do you recall who he played against?? Oakland Raiders... hmm didnt he coach them??? So he played against his old team that he put together who also made it to the super bowl...

Ottery writes:

What about NW's Pat Fitzgerald?

Sweet writes:

jon gruden would be another lane kiffen. he has a dream job and he would take the tenn job just to wait it out.

pupvol writes:

CHRIS PETERSEN!!!!!!!!!

pcorange writes:

in response to VolzsFan:

Legend in your own mind, eh? Might as well run for Congress with that type of overinflated ego.

pcorange writes:

in response to terrytennessee:

Petrino's infidelity is not the issue here. Everybody makes mistakes. The real problem here is that he is a liar, and he is not loyal to anyone. Think about it. Good coaching job at Louisville, left in the middle of the night for the Atlanta Falcons. Looked like he was doing a great job at Atlanta. Left in the middle of the night and took the Arkansas job. Hired his mistress over better qualified candidates for a job at Arkansas. Proceeded to bang what is now his subordinate. Lied to the university about it. Fired not for having an extra marital affair, but for how he went about it. The guy is a disloyal slime bag. He has never been loyal to anyone that I can tell. Disloyal to his teams, disloyal to his wife, and he will be disloyal to us. Not what we need at this time. Was Kiffen not enough?

armedndangerous writes:

in response to BigOrangeRock:

Bring Fulmer back.

The rock has spoken.

Let Fulmer continue to enjoy retirement. It's time for some fresh blood with a new take on the entire program. It will be best to leave these has beens, and hopefuls to someone else to give a chance. The school has too much pride to gamble on this hire, the money is there, the fans are here, it's time to bring in a winner. That is all the fans and program want, A WINNER!

govolsn3 writes:

in response to VFL_Troll_Patrol:

*Im always watching*

Your right, why take BRAY out of the game. I think he should have sat him for the season, IDIOT.

armedndangerous writes:

in response to Sweet:

I have to agree with you on Gruden. He did win when he was with Tampa, but he also was let go because he lost control of the team. I would like for the school to find someone with a defensive background (proven background not like Sal's) to hire. The SEC is dominated by defense, look at the Gators, Tide, and Tigers. If you play defense, you win. The school has a good offense.

zombievol writes:

I heard a little while ago that Knox Catholic receive transfer paperwork and transcripts for the children of Jon Gruden.

volswinsome writes:

I think the same 52% of Vols fans voting Gruden, are the same that voted Obama back in.

PS - losing costs the school 8 figures easily per year. Money is not an issue when used to stop the departing fan base.

They'll be able to hire whoever will actually come.

Ya'lls Fulmer idea, there's 1 scenario it might be worth it. IF we can't find the right man this year, IF everyone we want won't come at this time & we're forced into making another 7th pick Dooley special...would it be such a crazy idea to announce Fulmer as an interim coach until we get our man...maybe not so crazy... I'd take him for a year just to settle us & allow more time on that big hire.

Lastly, to make up a number, if we're losing say $8 million/year due to dropped ticket sells, no bowl game, etc by losing...just for giggles I'd offer that same amount to Saban and the few other elite coaches. They'll say no. But there's nothing to lose (except another bad year and another $8 mil).

Voltransplant writes:

Okay y'all, this is my take on the situation; Vol fans individually can a lot of the time be pretty stupid (myself included), however when we put our collective heads together we are often very insightful. With that said, 52% of Vol fans said that they believe that Jon Gruden will be our next coach. I have no opinion or idea how this scenario would pan out, but as I said before Vol fans as a whole are often very insightful, therefore I would say that Jon Gruden is most likely our next coach. That is, if he is willing to put up with our ofttimes fickle fan base, and UT actually offers him the money required to bring him here.

BigOrangeSlim writes:

in response to alavol:

Because we have become a bunch of classless, rude, and irrational fans that want nothing else but to win at all cost. Might as well be SMU years ago!!!!!

Volunteer-Varmint writes:

in response to BigOrangeRock:

Bring Fulmer back.

The rock has spoken.

Where is my dog when I need him. Somebody break this stupid rock. There is an IDIOT living under it.

rbwtn writes:

We have to be aggressive and go after someone who you think Won't take the Job. That person is John Gruden and frankly Fulmer wouldn't be a bad Idea either. Think BIG and Go Big that's how you land a Real Coach to put us back in the Light!

VOL1972 writes:

Gruden, Stoops, Pattterson and Fisher aren't coming to UT. Golden has a 39-45 record.

We need to get over our righteous indignation and hire Petrino. He is hungry and humble and probably the best coach available.

We also need to realize we're not Alabama or Notre Dame or even Florida. We are in the toughest conference in the country without an instate prospect base that GA, Fl, AL or even LA has. Dooley was a panic hire. Hopefully we learned something.

VOL1972 writes:

in response to pcorange:

Any coach we hire could be accused for being disloyal to the team we are hiring him away from. Remember Doug Dickey? He left us for Florida (where he was fired) and we brought him back as AD. Remember Sabin? Left LSU for the Pro's and came back to AL when he realized he was more effective in the college ranks (especially if AL is the team you get to coach).

Gruden, reminds me of Kiffin, except that he does have some Tennessee ties. He has certainly not proven himself in
the college ranks (like Kiffin). Of course, Kiffin really hasn't proven himself anywhere. He will probably lose 5 games this year with the best talent in the country.