WR Shaw hopes to visit UT

Wide receiver Kenny Shaw is favoring Florida State but said he's still considering several schools.

The 6-foot, 170-pound Shaw, who attends Dr. Phillips High School in Orlando, Fla., said he's also considering Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Ohio State and Miami.

Shaw hasn't visited UT but said he hopes to make a trip to Knoxville soon.

"I've just heard good stuff about it," he said. "I can't wait to take a visit and see what happens."

Shaw said he wants to see a school give him a chance to play as a freshman.

"I just hate watching other people play football," he said. "Sitting out a year would be devastating to me."

Shaw said he plans to announce his decision at the Under Armour All-American game in Orlando on Jan. 2.

Nine Lives: UT is still in the running for tailback Giovanni Bernard from St. Thomas Aquinas High in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.

The 5-9, 200-pound Bernard told The Miami Herald he trimmed his 22 scholarship offers down to nine.

Bernard told the Herald he's considering UT, Alabama, Florida, Florida State, Miami, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Nebraska and Oregon State.

Bernard said the three Florida schools are showing the most interest.

Bernard is a teammate of kicker Michael Palardy, who committed to UT last month.

The Vols are also recruiting St. Thomas Aquinas defensive backs Lamarcus Joyner and Cody Riggs.

Josh Ward is a freelance contributor.

Get Copyright Permissions © 2009, Knoxville News Sentinel Co.

bearbull95#206250 writes:

Come on up to another Orange country you'll never forget.

TommyJack writes:

Reel'em in.

DennisVols writes:

The good news just keeps rolling in. Practice starts this week so it is almost "Football Time in Tennessee"
Keeping it Real
Go Vols!!!

chargervol writes:

Can we promise them all early playing time? If all these wide receivers decide to come to Tennessee, it shouldn't be a problem at that position for a few years. I think with all the attention we are getting from these receivers, we must have a quarterback of notoriety coming to town. Does anybody know anybody with an inside scoop. GO VOLS!!!

middlegavol writes:

The only thing I can figure is that they found another year of eligibility for Peyton!

rockyknox writes:

Must be the billboards.

elsinoresam writes:

Am I the only one here that can't sleep??? This is going to be an awesome run!!

rockytopatl writes:

in response to elsinoresam:

Am I the only one here that can't sleep??? This is going to be an awesome run!!

Dude, you posted that at 11 o'clock on a Saturday night! Surely you can stay up awhile! It's not a school night. Watch the late show, have a brewski, maybe put in a tape of an old UT game and enjoy yourself!

bluetick writes:

A lot of good receivers out there. Keenan Allen is someone I would like to see in orange or Robert Woods. WRU once again!

givehim6 writes:

in response to chargervol:

Yes that is the question I want to know, with all these receivers looking at UT CLK must be telling them some news about a QB, whats up?

hotrodvol writes:

in response to givehim6:

Six, I've checked for some info elsewhere. All I've seen is Tyler Bray coming on an official the UCLA game but that's it. Every since the radio guys in Nooga came out with their big fish on the line story, it's gotten everyone ansy. Bray would be a good pick-up but not a big fish.

GerryOP writes:

34 -- Fear The Kiffin...

mbradshaw1#655539 writes:

in response to elsinoresam:

Am I the only one here that can't sleep??? This is going to be an awesome run!!

If you want to get some sleep then just put in the replay of last years UT vs Auburn game!

bluetick writes:

in response to mbradshaw1#655539:

LOL!

vol1994 writes:

in response to mbradshaw1#655539:

No kidding!! I was at that game and it was horrible. That stadium was soooooo quiet. It was my first trip to Auburn and I was hopeful the atmosphere would be electric but.....horrible environment (that day) and horrible game on both sides!

murrayvol writes:

in response to xXgovolsXx:

5/19/09? We can hope.

murrayvol writes:

9/19/09!! We can still hope.

pammyvol1000 writes:

I hope the enviroment is different this year in Neyland. Last year these kids came up for games and listend to boos... I hope they hear screaming fans and Rocky Top this year.

pdhuff#552644 writes:

in response to murrayvol:

9/19/09!! We can still hope.

You in the sauce up in Ky or just main-lining the kool-ade, murray?

Maybe a true bounce-passer rehabbed can take us to the promised land.

Maybe not...

pdhuff#552644 writes:

in response to pammyvol1000:

Ever see any orange down there, Pammy?

AllVol2008#1353998 writes:

Thanks for the add, Vol Elite!

235lbVol writes:

in response to hotrodvol:

Bray is 6'6 and has a verbal w/ San Diego St, if thats the kid I'm thinking of. They say he is very accurate and has alot of growing and strength still to come, this is the kind of kid that by his jr, sr seasons, you hear Mel Kiper talking about how great he can be at the next level....I like this kid, something just seems right with him, I don't care that he's not a rivals top 15, how many of those 15 ever pan out and get drafted!

chrisw2967 writes:

in response to murrayvol:

9/19/09!! We can still hope.

just have more heart than the gafers on that day , just like ole miss had when they beat them.

TLepage writes:

Anyone heard anything about matt barkley transfer rumors? One of my friends said he read something saying that barkley was contemplating transferring, since Aaron Corp was named the starter after spring practice.... I think it is a stupid rumor and highly unlikely, but i was wondering if anyone had heard any real evidence to support the rumor....

pdhuff#552644 writes:

Wandering around....

Go to ajc.com - click - sports --2 good articles on Berry/blogs. One by Barnhardt.

volfalcon writes:

in response to 235lbVol:

You hit the nail on the head 235lbvol. I agree. GO VOLS!!!

footballtime writes:

got to see it to believe it...be part of a history making situation...visit and commit