Cobbs, Taylor visiting Vols this weekend

Tennessee is hosting a pair of highly rated prospects this weekend.

Athlete DeMarco Cobbs from Tulsa (Okla.) Central was at practice on Friday.

One of the top prospects in the nation, the 6-foot-1, 200-pound Cobbs has scholarship offers from Oklahoma, Texas, Florida, Alabama, Georgia and LSU.

UT is also set to host linebacker Michael Taylor from Westlake High in Atlanta. Taylor has given strong indications that he may be close to committing to UT.

The 6-1, 205-pounder is considering a number of schools and has offers from Alabama, Georgia, LSU and several other schools.

UT has 14 commitments for the 2010 signing class.

Get Copyright Permissions © 2009, Knoxville News Sentinel Co.

VOLFORLIFE writes:

Bring 'em on! I like the way the 2010 class is shaping up. Of course we all know that it's just talk until February, but can't help but get excited about all the interest from the highly touted prospects. I see some good things a'comin'!

GO VOLS!!!
JUGHEAD

JLeon04 writes:

Taylor is very fast for a LB and has great instincts. I would love to see him sporting the Orange and White next year!

JLeon04 writes:

I haven't been able to find out any new info regarding Bray, other then he was offered by UT a couple weeks ago and he is taking a break from the recruiting process for now. I would think that the Vols have a great chance to nab him. He reminds me of Ainge. Anyway, anyone heard anything new?

PepperGrinder (Inactive) writes:

His only offers are from SDSU, Fresno St, and Tennessee. Probably waiting to see who else is interested.

But as of right now the only reason I can see him not coming to Tenn is if he really, really wants to stay home.

gohawks1 writes:

Dang! Taylor is only listed as a 3-star but has gazillions of offers. Wonder why Rivals is so stingy with the stars?

crimsonviper writes:

I suspect Cobbs will be a Vol soon.He will be a good one.

txvolsfan writes:

in response to crimsonviper:

I suspect Cobbs will be a Vol soon.He will be a good one.

You guys can't get them all, even though Saban thinks he can!!!
That's what makes Saban a winner!!!
I think Kiffin will be a winner also!!!

SeaBass writes:

bray needs no more offers to be elite. man where you been ut will take him in a heart beat.look at his tour during summer and the jump in his rankings he may end up being one of the best in the end.the only way that i cant see him not on ut side is if we are still pushing elsewhere.if he was to say im all vol now,you can bet he would be on list

tngivem6 writes:

With all this top talent coming in at WR, doesn't matter who the QB is..they would make Rick Clausen look good

blitzshoot writes:

QB to go please.

Cldvols1 writes:

in response to FARRAGUT0406:

Dude I live in Auburn and read the paper everyday. The Vols can and will pay em back! I can't wait, Go Vols!!!

hotrodvol writes:

in response to JLeon04:

Leon, he is suppose to come on an official visit the UCLA game. I would bet he will commit soon after if not during his visit.

TommyJack writes:

Reel'em

sleeper7 writes:

in response to Cldvols1:

Good to know there are more Vol fans in Auburn!! UT owned AU until we moved here and now four straight losses since then. Atleast we don't live in Bammer land!

bluetick writes:

EVERYBODY VOTE FOR EB HERE.

oldvolsarge writes:

EB in behind Cody by 16 votes. Everybody needs to go vote for EB.

Hudro writes:

Look at the job this new staff is doing with recruiting. Kids are considering us along with the top programs in the country yet we are so back in the preseason polls. Cobbs' offers are from the top five and yet he wants to come in for a look at us... says volumes about the work Coach O and the others are doing. Glad we got them.

footballtime writes:

ya know what really bothers me is the way people seemed so concerned we have no QB commitments I could go with stephens..but with the guys we are getting and have already a mediocure QB could handle it with great WR"S Running backs and a defense...Look at Trent Dilfer took the Ravens to the superbowl he was good but got better because of the team that surrounded him and they won the most coveted prize of all... what we have is good hell truth be known I have all the confidence in the world in those guys they just have to put it together

StroVol writes:

in response to txvolsfan:

You guys can't get them all, even though Saban thinks he can!!!
That's what makes Saban a winner!!!
I think Kiffin will be a winner also!!!

Don't ever say that name here