Family feeling for Ambles after unofficial visit

Markeith Ambles sounded more committed to Tennessee than ever when he looked back on his unofficial visit to Knoxville last weekend.

“It was wonderful,” the receiver from Henry County High School in McDonough, Ga., said Monday night. “I just got to hang out with the coaches more.”

That meant talking football with offensive coordinator Jim Chaney. Ambles, who is considered one of the top 100 prospects in the nation, also spent time with UT’s players.

“I got to hang out with the players and got to know a lot of the guys,” said Ambles, who committed to UT in July. “I feel more a part of the family now.”

Ambles said he’ll likely take his official visit to UT after his high school season ends. The 6-foot-2, 185-pounder said he’s unsure if he’ll take an official visit elsewhere.

“I don’t know if I want to yet,” Ambles said. “I may just pick some and go for fun.”

Ambles said he didn’t know former UT quarterback Mike Rozier well and that his departure wouldn’t have an effect on his commitment. Rozier left the team last week. Rozier’s father, also named Mike Rozier, is Ambles’ coach.

Ambles said he’s following the Vols’ recruiting online, particularly at quarterback. UT is still looking for its first quarterback commitment of the 2010 class.

“We’ll get somebody so I’m not really worried about it,” Ambles said. “It’s a long time until February (when National Signing Day is held).”

Get Copyright Permissions © 2009, Knoxville News Sentinel Co.

Related Links

smashmouth98 writes:

I like the fact his status is unchanged despite Rozier leaving & he might not take any other visits.

utmdm writes:

Glad to hear Ambles' comments about Rozier since a Rozier is Ambles coach. It is great to see commits stay committed, at least to the Big Orange.

smokey_vols writes:

Notice the We'll in that sentence. That's a pretty steadfast commit.

VOLorado writes:

he should read this.

so should kns.

bdennis278 writes:

in response to BolivarBob:

He left feeling more like part of the "family"

bdennis278 writes:

in response to BolivarBob:

LOL... He could have saved some confusion just by adding A... "A Family Feeling for Ambles After Unofficial Visit"

TWhite11 writes:

Everyone seems to be really optimistic about getting a qb for 2010.

teampenny#658108 writes:

in response to TWhite11:

Everyone seems to be really optimistic about getting a qb for 2010.

Why is very one optimistic? We thought the x baseball player would help, some thought JC player heavily sought after by North Dakota state would compete for starting job. We want to believe I guess. It appears to me, it is not likely to get good QB play until 2011 at least. Hope I am wrong. Go Vols

rich182x writes:

Lets get Bray!!!! I'm drunk!!!

thebrawn writes:

I like the way our recruiting is going so far!!! We still need that qb though! I think the Bray kid would be a great pickup. You gotta love his size 6'6" with a skinny frame, however he will bulk up once he gets in a college weight program! But let me tell you about a kid we need to start recruiting ASAP - his position and name - DT Antonio Richardson!!! He plays for highly ranked Ensworth. He transferred from Mt. Pleasant after his freshman year! He will be a junior this year. I went to MTP. So I saw this kid up close and personal. As a freshman he was listed at 6'5" 300lbs. And he mauled through anybody he wanted to. He was great! He transferred to Ensworth so he could get more recognition. He is on Rivals.com but they dont have a star ranking to him yet b/c he had to sit out his sophmore year due to the transfer! So I am anxious to see what this kid does on a bigger stage! He is now listed at 6'6" 310 as a freaking junior! Thats crazy. Start recruiting him now CLK!!!

SeanJean writes:

Yeah the title of this article is horrible. I thought it meant that his family was really worried and "feeling" for him after his visit. What a misleading sentence.

AugGaVolFanFrLife writes:

My main interest for visiting this site is to read others comments. Some are downright hilarious. Some are very intellegent and imformative. There are some that deserve no comment. However, that is what America is all about, "Freedomof speech!" For the time being, we continue to have that freedom. So thanks KnoxNews for this forum

murrayvol writes:

in response to BolivarBob:

Exactly.

A better headline might have read "Ambles Feels Like Member of Vol Family After Unofficial Visit"

VOLorado writes:

in response to wallandhiker:

no mention of his visit, however

THE point of the article linked

VOLorado writes:

i'm sure kns knows all of this as well...
(they just don't want us to know?)

cobbwebb writes:

i just hope ambles' handler, er, trainer, brian black doesnt get involved!

Vol_FAN_atic writes:

Think BIGGER!!

Book it!

BigOrangeVol writes:

QB's Tyler Arndt, Tyler Shreve and Clint Trickett still haven't signed LOI's!