Father had to ask hostess 'to stop brushing her breasts against him and his son'

A new report by The New York Times into Tennessee's alleged misuse of hostesses portrayed the mostly female staff of using "a lot of eye contact and touching" during visits by prospects.

Veteran summer basketball coach Keith Easterwood told the newspaper in a story published Saturday that he had to ask a hostess to stop brushing her breasts against him and his son during a recruiting visit for the UT-Western Kentucky game in September.

He recalled saying, "Young lady, if you don't stop doing that, we've got a problem," according to The Times.

The hostesses are members of the Orange Pride that hosts visiting prospective athletes.

The Times also reported that Easterwood took a group of basketball players to UT this year and the hostesses had his players "literally reduced to blubbering idiots."

"I've been up there five times, four for football and one basketball visit," Easterwood told the newspaper. "My observation is that this is a very organized operation. These girls have obviously been groomed. There's a lot of eye contact and touching."

Get Copyright Permissions © 2009, Knoxville News Sentinel Co.

orangeinbama writes:

blah blah blah....But ya didnt leave, huh? LOL One moment in the limelight....

sigmundoooz#264365 writes:

It has been reported that Pete Thamel of the New York Times paid out over $20,000 in cash to Syracuse basketball star Carmelo Anthony during his recruitment and tenure as a Syracuse University Basketball player. This of course is a blantant violation of NCAA rules to have a Syracuse Alumni making payments to a recruit/student athlete.

Fossilfiction writes:

Rotflmao!!!! I cannot help but wonder how many people are going to come out to get their time in the light. This is too funny.

Txvol57 writes:

Just more garbage trying to derail the Lane Train...Only makes it stronger....Dude is pissed because his son is a garbage player and didnt get an offer...what a joke!

FolxyWhite writes:

Yeah, the coach has been up here five times, and he's got a half dozen more trips planned in the near future. It's so repulsive, he just has to experience it over and over to make sure it's as bad as he thought.

"Eye contact and touching." Oh, my, my, how perverse! Coach can tell that "These girls have obviously been groomed." It takes lots of intense training to teach pretty girls how to capture the eye of high school boys.

vestc#256986 writes:

Ban the creep from the program. I'd say if he is a basketball coach he has done some butt slapping to his boys. I'd say the boys would welcome a little attention from a female. What an idiot. teenage girls and boys with hormones. When did that start happening? KNS is turning into the stinking National Enquire, but with less credibility.

bustervols writes:

I blame Bush.

panties4tebow writes:

in response to bustervols:

I blame Bush.

Me TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OldRedneck writes:

No mention of Tiger Woods in this article.

VolWoman writes:

Wow Dave, I hope you do a little research on Mr. Easterwood and his agenda. That might be a better article to write instead of summarizing a NYT's article.

panties4tebow writes:

Show us the evidence....surely someone has a picture!!!!!

FEARinSEC writes:

This Easterwood is pathetic. This is not his first time trying to get his "15 minutes of fame". POS thinks Thamel might pay him for his story! What a loser!

From the Time Picayune in 2005

RAZORBACKS NOT UNDER INVESTIGATION: A lawyer for the University of Arkansas said the NCAA has told the school that it is not investigating the Razorback basketball program amid allegations of improper contact with a Memphis, Tenn. recruit. An amateur coach in Memphis, Keith Easterwood, said he had heard of contact among Arkansas boosters and basketball recruit Thaddeus Young, who has since announced that he will attend Georgia Tech. Arkansas coach Stan Heath and the Young family denied any wrongdoing in Young’s recruitment.

volaboard writes:

PureOrange writes:

The key phrase is that he was up there five times. Guess it takes him a very long time to get disgusted.

The more I hear of this story, the more I feel like I am tip toeing through the barnyard. The smell keeps getting worse.

huntined#565710 writes:

Just a HS coach that likes to see his name in the paper..

Ironcity writes:

UT violated rule 667.725.77 under code 350, no female representative of the school is allowed to bounce their boobies on perspective recruits while on campus or during any impromptu trips to South Carolina!

huntined#565710 writes:

in response to FEARinSEC:

From the Time Picayune in 2005

GOOD JOB FEAR!!

rusty_shackleford writes:

Eye contact? When talking to someone? Outrage! How dare those young ladies use manners as a recruiting tool.

VolinCalif writes:

If you believe this daddy then I'll sell you the Gay Street bridge real cheap. No references needed for purchase.

FEARinSEC writes:

in response to joebike:

That's cool.... Just don't tell us what happens once you find them. (At least not on here, might get you banned)

gohawks1 writes:

According to the latest statistics, interest in the University of Tennessee athletics programs increased by 83% after this article was published by The New York Times.

FEARinSEC writes:

in response to huntined#565710:

GOOD JOB FEAR!!

I appreciate it, but cannot take credit for it. Another poster put it up on another thread earlier today. Just wanted to share this Easterwoods MO.

VOLorado writes:

Young lady, if you don't stop doing that, we've got a problem,"

....surely that's a mistake

he MUST have said... Young lady, if you stop doing that, we've got a problem

that's the only scenario that makes any sense to me

Voluvr writes:

This might be one of two things:
1 Easterwood didn't get enough love from the honey's in school.
or
2 He is a jealous Memphis State fan.

I'm sure he was really upset about the attention. Nice timing too nerd.

dvhill100 writes:

...the hostesses had his players "literally reduced to blubbering idiots."

Well, I graduated from HS in 1973. I see some things don't change.

gohawks1 writes:

Dupree said this is a lie. He was there, and there was absolutely no eye contact. His line of sight never moved above the girls' necks.

lastlap writes:

Easter(couldn't get)wood. I see the problem now. ROFLMAO

OrangePride writes:

Typical of the New York Slimes. They will dig someone out of the woodwork who had nothing to do with the original story and then have them make some outrageous accusation that no one can prove or disprove. I have seen them do this to political candiates and others who, for whatever reason, they deem a good target. A reprehensible paper with a shoddy reputation. If this supposed incident actually happened as reported (which I highly doubt), why was it not reported on the spot? Why was no one in authority even given an indication? Put Kieth Easterwood on the "banned from Knoxville" list.

AFVol423 writes:

Looks like Easterwood is questionable as far a credability. I'm wondering, why do these people think colleges....all colleges....have attractive young women escort prospects? Is it me or this just getting silly.

TommyJack writes:

Getting silly. And KNS buying right in.

Voluvr writes:

in response to FEARinSEC:

From the Time Picayune in 2005

hmmm. I think it's time to consider the source of the accusations.

TommyJack writes:

Jack Lail: With all respect. Why not have some of your talent do some old fashioned gumshoe investigative work, and run down the source (origin) of these rumors? (instead of rehashing blog posts) Just an idea.

MoneyBaby writes:

I refuse to believe a single word of this until I see pictorial evidence. Preferably aerial shots in high def.

lshiple2 writes:

Regardless of how this thing plays out, that was the funniest headline I've ever read. I wish the sub headline would have said "Son responds 'shut up dad!'"

CrankE writes:

Didn't Tebow tell John Adams something like this? Or was it Kenny Chesney? Whatever.
______________

If you want real outrage, read this blog post.

Since Alabama is on probation, they should be ineligible to receive any votes in the coaches' poll, thus, should be somewhere around #8 in the final BCS.

Wonder if the BCS #3 will sue? They should.

GerryOP writes:

This is really getting silly. Time for UT and the KNS to stand up and be accounted for.

As far as this Westerwood guy is concerned, I can hear it now, "Young lady, I'm giving you two hours to stop that stuff." And she stopped, and he got POed.

VOLinDAWGland writes:

GVX and NYT better have their facts straight or there's going to be some lawsuits. This is getting to be straight out of National Inquirer. Is this where you want to be GVX?

AlpharettaVol writes:

This whole thing is starting to resemble a Saturday Night Live skit.

flafan2001 writes:

Don't shoot the messenger. UT Recruits and parents just telling the TRUTH. There is a brothel in TN called the Knoxville Cathouse.

flafan2001 writes:

YOU ARE OFFICALLY A NATIONAL EMBARRASSMENT

snuffy63#653562 writes:

This is the same Easterwood that pulled the plug on Bruce Pearl's basketball camp. Wouldn't let them go because we are an Addidas school. Sounds like a lot of bitterness to me.

sidwalkvol writes:

No, Saturday Night Live is intentional satire. This is the press caricaturing ITSELF! Honestly, this stuff--which is hysterical, I grant you--and no more word about LSU actually paying prospects. Of course, he only used MONEY.

And no eye contact.

Got to wonder what the paper that USED to be the NYT thinks about being a rung BELOW the Enquirer?
And why is KNS sliming along?

crimsonviper writes:

in response to flafan2001:

YOU ARE OFFICALLY A NATIONAL EMBARRASSMENT

so was 32-13 in my humble opinion

chattaboogievol writes:

I gotta say, this site keeps improving. Now, not only can we read about Vol athletics, it is infused with all this talk of BREASTS!!! Awesome!

VoL4LiFe86 writes:

Wow! What a bunch of bs. How does this have anything to do with whether or not the coaching staff instructed these girls to go to that game or not? A lot of eye contact and touching... well no sh**! This article is completely pointless. All schools do that. Easterwood's a freakin moron and kind of funny considering he got so uncomfortable with these girls touching him.

IThoughtIToldYa writes:

I truly cannot believe the title of this story. Absolutely zero proof of this incident has been put forth aside from one man's allegations, yet the title does not say "Father alleges he had to ask..." Its as if as soon as someone makes a statement, KNS automatically assumes its the gospel truth.

For the sake of KNS, I hope the accused hostess doesn't surface, because they are going to have an awfully difficult time proving that this incident occurred in a libel case after posting such a conclusory and assumptive title.

easttnvol21 writes:

Yeah, so I've been up there like 5 times!!!! In other words, I enjoyed myself so much I couldn't help myself. Please.

cumberlandVOL writes:

haha, these girls have been "groomed". is this doofus suggesting the coaches have a policy of making sure the girls know how to lead on high school boys? tell me, which coach has taught these girls to refine their feminine charms? did coach kiffin pull them aside one day and make sure they know how to bat their pretty eyelashes? did big coach cregg teach them how to "shake what their momma gave them?". Ooh, i know, i can see coach O teaching them how to show a little leg without being too unladylike.

I don't think college girls need any "grooming" to entice high school kids. This was a case of girls knowing how to get a boy's attention-no fault to the university.

FEARinSEC writes:

in response to crimsonviper:

so was 32-13 in my humble opinion

OUCH!! That's gotta hurt!!! Timmy crying on national TV and Urban Creyer being rushed to the hospital for "dehydration" didn't help their cause, either!!!

chattaboogievol writes:

in response to flafan2001:

YOU ARE OFFICALLY A NATIONAL EMBARRASSMENT

Want to talk about embarassing? I am not in the least a fan of Tebow, but blushed when he was shown CRYING on the sidelines after Alabubba spanked him like a baby. THAT'S embarassing my friend.