Hall to announce at 1 p.m.

Offensive lineman Marcus Hall from Glenville High School in Cleveland, Ohio, will announce his college decision at his school at 1 p.m. today (Monday).

Hall said he will choose among Tennessee, Ohio State and Miami.

Hall took an official visit to UT this past weekend and came away impressed with the Vols coaching staff.

“That coaching staff is incredible,” Hall told the News Sentinel. “The amount of players going to the NFL from there will probably go way up. I know that for a fact.

“That’s because of the atmosphere Coach Kiffin and coach (Ed Orgeron) is creating around there. They’re really going to change that place.”

Many have thought Ohio State to be the leader for Hall.

In fact, Hall showed little interest in UT until his teammate, cornerback Mike Edwards, committed to the Vols on Jan. 25.

“He told me he liked it a lot,” Hall said of Edwards. “That really showed me something. That’s what really got me interested.”

Get Copyright Permissions © 2009, Knoxville News Sentinel Co.

troopervol writes:

Come on Big Fella!

Sign with UT!

foolishfool writes:

We need this guy bad.

foolishfool writes:

in response to AreyouKiffinme:

Altho you are a moron I have to say I love your username.
Thats what the Tide and Gator nation will be saying when we take them down!

huntined#565710 writes:

Rivals 4* close to a 5* WITH GRADE 6.0 RATING Yes we need him.. Mr. Hall COME ON DOWN!!!

foolishfool writes:

Is that 1pm est?

BigDaddyVol writes:

in response to AreyouKiffinme:

Do you really believe that? After just two months? Really? Have not played a game yet and it is already the"biggest mistake" . You my friend are no Vol Fan. Sorry, just call 'em like I read 'em

VolMoment writes:

in response to AreyouKiffinme:

Another Gator fan posting as a UT fan. I heard your wife left you because you blamed your mother for your pitful life because she brought you into this world. Crawl back to Fla. with rest of the swamp lizards. If you hurry you can catch up with the bunch that left Knoxville Sat. night.

huntined#565710 writes:

Any of our coaches in Cleveland today?

StroVol writes:

in response to AreyouKiffinme:

It's Febuary. Do you know something we don't? Haven't seen us play a game under new staff yet. If your a Fulmer fan, please look at wins and losses with and without Mr. Cutcliffe.

GREATVOLSAFIRE writes:

Sounds good for us. Maybe if we get him today it'll open it up for some others to commit with us! GO VOLS

AllVol2008#1353998 writes:

in response to BigDaddyVol:

Ma'am, nobody here thinks he is a Vol fan--just an ignorant a-----e;forgive my language--a horse's behind.

letshave1more writes:

in response to AreyouKiffinme:

You are a negatvie jerk. Go Away!

SignalMtnVol writes:

in response to Scotty_Hopson32:

lol. This is not Bummer, Mr Hopson! Stay out of trouble and send the cash basket to me!

StroVol writes:

Lear Jet N111UT headed to Memphis

StroVol writes:

Sorry that's UT's twin turbo prop arriving Memphis in 10minutes

BigDaddyVol writes:

in response to AllVol2008#1353998:

Dont worry about the language ..I'm no mam. The user name is crazy.Long story. I believe you are right about Areyoukiffen me. This will be the first and last response I will make to his post. There is no use having a battle of wits with an unarmed man. Love this site though..A lot of you guys are better sports writers than some of the newspaper guys. Good luck Vols on sighning day.. Go Big Orange!!!!!!

Docrok writes:

in response to foolishfool:

Altho you are a moron I have to say I love your username.
Thats what the Tide and Gator nation will be saying when we take them down!

LOL! I agree with that!! However I am more concerned this year with Ole Miss than I am with the Tide, as the tide will be breaking in a new QB and this year I think will be the year for Ole Miss, their best chance at getting to the SEC Championship. Nutt is a great coach but not such a great recruiter and this is the year most of "Orgerron's Players" will be returning and making a difference

volsmith writes:

We definitely need linemen. Offensive and defensive linemen.

rockytop4ever writes:

Come down south and play! Who wants to play in the snow and freezing rain against mediocre Big 10 teams when you could come play in the new NFL.....I mean SEC. Go Vols!

rockytop4ever writes:

in response to Scotty_Hopson32:

I agree however this isnt Tiger high or Alabubba.

illinoisvolfan writes:

in response to AreyouKiffinme:

Could be worse...

It could have been you.

spencer1989#206886 writes:

in response to AreyouKiffinme:

Obviously you were satisfied with the way the program was sliding down over the last several years, the lack of discipline, poor game plans, and not showing up on the field ready to play. I'm not sure how old you are but your post gives me a good idea. Me? I've been a diehard UT VOL fan for close to 60 years...And always been a fan, even in the bad times. But...I can recognize when it's time for a change...And the time was long overdue. I for one think it's the best thing that has happened within the last (6) years and I am tickled to death it did. Just do one thing....Don't forget what you have stated...Because I think you will be the one eating those words. It's your right to have your opinion, but you need to get on board with the change. You are dealing with the past now and it's time to move on with that. Kiffen and staff are going to make a huge, positive impact in VOL football...That's my prediction. Count on it.

BigDaddyVol writes:

Mr. Hall IMHO there is no better place to be in the fall than Knoxille.The weather, the colors, everything is perfect for football. Sighn here please.Go Big Orange!!!!!

letshave1more writes:

in response to spencer1989#206886:

That idiot is not a Vol fan and we need to ignore his post so he will crawl back under his sisters bed....

GR82BAVOL writes:

Time to "SHOCK THE WORLD" big fella!

ect1983 writes:

in response to AreyouKiffinme:

Biggest mistake KNS makes is letting you post----By the way, it was me that got u suspended for 5 days

BigDaddyVol writes:

in response to BigDaddyVol:

Sorry I meant Knoxville. My typing stinks along with my spelling.Rambo like Witch Doctor and Bones he never lie.

mrsvol writes:

After all the gloom and doom from this weekend, it would be GREAT to hear Mr. Hall say that he is "all Vol". We NEED OLs, and this one would be a great take. Go vols!!

Docrok writes:

For anyone interested there is an interesting article on Yahoo sports about CLK and the recent barrage of slander he is being given! And I picked up a copy of the book, "Meat Market" this weekend and began reading it! I must say it is pretty good! Orgerron truly is considered the best recruiter in the nation, Hands Down according to the critics. Also he considered the best and most accurate talent evaluator in football! That includes that reporter Finnebaum who went to great lengths to trash the UT staff!

VolInSabanLand writes:

We sure need some good news and a brake to the recent skid. Mr. Hall could certainly provide those - come on young man, be a Vol.

By the way, I assume the plane being in Memphis means we're still trying to convince our in-state star Brown to join us? Is our absence from Ohio today a sign that our coaches know we are not getting Hall? Geez, I hope not.

StroVol writes:

in response to VolInSabanLand:

who knows? Could be Brown still waffling and needs another chit chat. Hall's decision is made. Hopefully it doesn't spoil my late lunch at Chili's

pdhuff#552644 writes:

in response to Docrok:

Great read.

We'll be hearing from TJ on the merits of "Meat Market" soon.

ALL_VOL75 writes:

what do the Bones say about this? The Bones never lie! Be good to us Bones!!!

NoogaVol55 writes:

in response to Scotty_Hopson32:

Not sure how I feel. He didn't take very much time. Which could be good b/c we are fresh in his mind and he doesn't need to think anything over anymore. Or, he liked us, but not more that OSU, so there is no sense in delaying the process.

Personally, I am hoping for the former!!

orngbluded writes:

We need hall bad,a top 5 OT,i would take him over a 3 star OG like phillips.We should of hired Trooper Taylor back,i hate it he is back in the SEC.

littleorange writes:

in response to AreyouKiffinme:

Does your mom know you are playing on the computer again?

Docrok writes:

in response to pdhuff#552644:

Great read.

We'll be hearing from TJ on the merits of "Meat Market" soon.

From what I have read its good! And every analyst and critic agreed that Orgerron was the best in the bnusiness bar none on evaluating talent and recruiting them in!

joeaubie writes:

in response to StroVol:

Sorry that's UT's twin turbo prop arriving Memphis in 10minutes

Think you should hope this has nothing to do with Brown, as we are in recruiting dead period b/n now and Wednesday, meaning no personal contact with recruits by coaches or staff. Can make limited phone calls during period

TommyJack writes:

in response to pdhuff#552644:

Great read.

We'll be hearing from TJ on the merits of "Meat Market" soon.

Growing weary with all this, PD. Time for the kids to do it, or get off the pot.

tripper writes:

in response to StroVol:

Dead period this week. No contact.

bluetick writes:

HE'S A VOL! :)

RoyaltyVol writes:

I believe we have this one!

TommyJack writes:

in response to orngbluded:

Trooper, Schmooper. Most overrated coach across the fruited plain.

StroVol writes:

in response to joeaubie:

I see, maybe talking to local cadillac dealership.

92VOL05 writes:

We need this guy

memphis_vol_fan writes:

in response to StroVol:

I see, maybe talking to local cadillac dealership.

HAHA. nice one

VOLlivin_inbama writes:

Bryce Brown was quoted,
saying he was gonna wait to see where some of the big name OLs go before he decided where he would go!!

He named Mr. Hall as one of them! So if we get Hall......
.......Who Knows!!!!

StroVol writes:

in response to memphis_vol_fan:

HAHA. nice one

just screwing around. I'll be glad when this shyte is over. This whole process is like a drug addiction without any drugs.

StroVol writes:

in response to VOLlivin_inbama:

Bryce Brown was quoted,

He named Mr. Hall as one of them! So if we get Hall......
.......Who Knows!!!!

Easy there Peter Pan. That would really be "Schock and Awe"