Receiver Richardson won't visit UT

Nu'Keese Richardson will not take an official visit this weekend, according to The Palm Beach Post.

The 5-foot-9, 155-pound receiver from Pahokee (Fla.) High School was expected to arrive in Knoxville on Friday but that will evidently not be the case.

“Naw, no visit to Tennessee,” Richardson told the newspaper. “When Signing Day comes, I know for sure I’m solid (to Florida).”

Richardson committed to Florida in May and hasn't taken any official visits since.

Get Copyright Permissions © 2009, Knoxville News Sentinel Co.

MattDillon writes:

in response to UTfan4life:

WHO CARES? Do you UTfan4life?

iwastherein98 writes:

At least he can't help sway Marlon Brown on the trip.

SemperVol writes:

IF Dan Williams can ever grab ahold of him, he may pick him up like an infant and carry him into the endzone.... and then spike him!

Florida is like that flag-football team during intramurals in college that just ran around like a swarm of Jack Russell terriers. No one could catch them.

VolGraduate writes:

bmvolfan writes:

in response to MattDillon:

WHO CARES? Do you UTfan4life?

Wow, Matt Dillon! Love your movies. This guy didn't seem too interested anyway. Hopefully we'll sign some of these top receivers that are visiting this weekend.

MrBamSeydu writes:

Who is Nu'Cheese Richardson? And why would someone name their child anything that must be spelled with an apostrophe in it?

invisiblekid writes:

in response to VolGraduate:

LOL, Seventh.

invisiblekid writes:

Ooops, 8th.

invisiblekid writes:

Dang it, ninth. This is a vicious cycle.

NeylandWest writes:

in response to SemperVol:

That's hilarious. I remember those teams. We normally got in trouble for what we did to them once they were finally caught.

It was worth it, though.

SemperVol writes:

in response to MrBamSeydu:

Because an apostrophe shaves off two-tenths of a second on your forty-time... it's a known fact, MrBam.

Wonder if they'll call him Fleecy Keesy, or the Nuke with the Juke?

iwastherein98 writes:

Sports Illustrated already says we are guaranteed the #1 recruiting class next year and gives evidence as to why. I like the sound of that.

MattDillon writes:

in response to bmvolfan:

Wrong Matt Dillon my friend.Naw he wasn't interested. Who cares!When the "GUNSMOKE" settles we'll sing a victory tune.....

letshave1more writes:

in response to MrBamSeydu:

Can you imagine teaching this kid to spell his name? I bet his teacher just called him cheese....
Now thats funny.....

bluetick writes:

Oh I hope to see a hit from EB on this guy, if he gets in to play next season. 5'9" 155 ? Are you kidding me? He would clean his clock!

DisorientedVol writes:

Stokes may be visiting Georgia this weekend? I hope this means they are losing hope with Marlon Brown.

jakethevolguy writes:

AT 5'9" he seems a little bit on the short side for a receiver in the SEC. Don't ya think?

iwastherein98 writes:

Florida - where weirdos relax.

bluetick writes:

in response to UTfan4life:

Can you walk on ? Speed is so so, but height is good. :)

SemperVol writes:

in response to iwastherein98:

Florida - where weirdos relax.

RoyaltyVol writes:

All bad news today! Maybe tommorrow will be better!

Flyfisherman writes:

The story of my life....No Nookie.....damn

VolPatrick writes:

in response to VolGraduate:

Wow. I don't know what is worse here. The fact that you were obviously not first, or that it apparently took you 6 minutes to type a five letter word. Given this difficulty, I think you are most likely a BamaGraduate instead.

yeavols#228407 writes:

Ya'll...Of course there are going to be recruits who arn't coming or are not going to sign at all, just like at LSU, Florida, Alabama and so on. These are late contacts who probably already know where they are going. The Kiffin Express had very little time to establish any relationship with these kids. Moreover, these kids are taking their trips because they will probably never get to see another school and how it operates in the future. Please don't think that they were coming to sign on the dotted line and start swinging on Cumberland Ave. Some kids will develop, some will not, some will get in trouble, some will not, some will drop out, some will not. They are kids who have to make a decision on where they will plan to spend the next 4 years of their lives. It's ok if we don't get some or none of these last minute visitors. We will be ok. Hopefully, our staff will develop what we have. We already have a great class coming in when it's over in February. It may not be #1, or in the top 10, but it's not that bad. AND PLEASE DO NOT GIVE the INTERLOPERS anything to respond to and don't respond to their sarcasm and bitter spew. Not to be an internet nanny, but enough is enough and it starts with me. Thanks for listening!

letshave1more writes:

in response to VolGraduate:

You will get abused if you post that... Plus it makes you look like your stupid and have nothing to contribute to the VOL NATION!!

iwastherein98 writes:

in response to VolPatrick:

Apparently you don't understand that he was joking.

VolPatrick writes:

in response to iwastherein98:

Apparently you don't understand that he was joking.

Actually, I just thought it would be an opportunity to rip Bama. I didn't call him a moron or anything personal.

checkerboards writes:

This is going to happen, but we gotta roll on. We were at a huge disadvantage because of the coaching change, but this is the reality. We have to take a few small steps back in recuriting this year to get ready for the giant leaps forward we will make in the near future. Keep working it Kiff! I am flying down from frigid Cleveland to see this new brand of UT football in the spring and can't wait to start it up!

99gator writes:

don't knock this kid.

trust me, he's a good one.

CHS52VOL writes:

in response to iwastherein98:

My definition of an intelligent person is one who agrees with me! Stewart Mandel is very intelligent and Paul Finebaum sips Nick Saban kool-aid. Great article! Don't know if we will be #1 in recruiting, but should be in the top three. GO VOLS!!

Adamkg12 writes:

in response to iwastherein98:

Wow just read that article..... Hope we can live up to all this hype!!! Go Vols- I can't wait for September!!!!

GoVol writes:

This kid is way too small, maybe quick, but will stay injured!

Volunatic writes:

in response to 99gator:

don't knock this kid.

trust me, he's a good one.

You don't understand. We HAVE to "knock that kid".
Dang these grapes sure are sour.

Major_Magilicutty writes:

First First First First First. The guys that complain are just as annoying as the guys who post it. Ignore it and move on.

Go Vols!

Major_Magilicutty writes:

Oh, I trust you 99. Anything you say ;)

iwastherein98 writes:

in response to gatorzz:

I understand what you're saying but I'm willing to bet my best denim button up church shirt against your nicest cutoff jorts that Berry ends up being the best pro that's currently on either team.

lilesrt writes:

in response to iwastherein98:

Great! Thanks for the kiss of death SI! I hate when they set high expectations for UT because we rarely meet them.

Docrok writes:

in response to 99gator:

don't knock this kid.

trust me, he's a good one.

I would not knock the kid as he obviously is very talented because he has offers from alot of D1 schools but I would worry about durability at 155 lbs!

iwastherein98 writes:

in response to gatorzz:

That's hardly his fault. He's got at least one sack, an interception and a touchdown in those two games. I'd have to look up the stats to find out more but we can't really blame him for those losses.

rjanikula writes:

I'm new here so this may be a stupid question/comment but what's up with the "FIRST" thing? It would be easy to figure out if the post was actually the first but apparently I'm missing something.

Docrok writes:

in response to gatorzz:

No if he was on the Vols roster I would really worry! No one is knocking the kid merely posing a question! Remember Gator all will be settled in the Swamp in Spetember, till then its just talk

UTVol39 writes:

in response to 99gator:

don't knock this kid.

trust me, he's a good one.

Oh well if the great 99Gator says it, it must be true. Of course we trust you in your infinite (and unbiased of course) knowledge of football. You are such a genius of the game I'm sure Tom Lemming and Todd McShay are blowing your phone up with voicemails and text messages wanting to get your opinion of the recruits. We are soooooo lucky to have a guy like you (and all the other interlopers) grace us with your presence. Thank you oh football king.

GreerVol22 writes:

Chavis had bigger man-boobs than this kid....

orngbluded writes:

Who cares we want Marlon Brown,Pat Patterson,and Je ron Stokes.

bmvolfan writes:

in response to iwastherein98:

LOL....jorts

99gator writes:

for all.....

until proven otherwise if they come from "muck city", they can play. espn did a story on muck city and i will try to find a link.

i can't tell you the amount of kids that come out of pahokee and belle glade, fl., who were great college (at various schools) and pro players.

it's scary.

they chase rabbits down there. no joke. in order to catch 'em, they run and cut in the muck of the sugar cane fields.

the players that come from down there have incredible wheels and a whole lot of wiggle.

92VOL05 writes:

Just because a Florida newspaper says he isnt visiting UT does not make it true. Has anyone confirmed this? If it is true then I wish him luck.
As far as the team we will field next year. I really believe we will be alot better. If we can figure out our QB situation we could win the east.

99gator writes:

here's the link about that area of florida.

99gator writes:

here's the youtube link for espn story.

it's worth the watch.