Oops: Fulmer still coach according to UT media guide

Photo with no caption

The Phillip Fulmer Era isn't over, at least according to one page of Tennessee's 2009 football media guide that was released Tuesday.

In the year-by-year, all-time scores section, Fulmer's era on page 172 lists him as coach: 1992-Present.

He was fired last November. Lane Kiffin was hired on Dec. 1.

Kiffin and All-America defensive back Eric Berry are pictured on the cover of the media guide.

Get Copyright Permissions © 2009, Knoxville News Sentinel Co.

Diggs writes:

I don't think Oops covers it.

Diggs

matrosscbc writes:

lol

smashmouth98 writes:

you know Kiffin isn't thrilled about that.

JtDL writes:

What? Fulmer isn't the coach anymore?

Well, I don't care who the coach is so long as we beat Spurrier when we go down to the Swamp.

gohawks1 writes:

Oops indeed. That'll leave a mark.

gohawks1 writes:

in response to JtDL:

What? Fulmer isn't the coach anymore?

I don't believe Spurrier is down in the swamp anymore, brother. I think Ron Zook is down there now. :-)

gcscvol writes:

in response to Claudette:

Not really. This was a little mistake. The croc thing was a monumental, everlasting, hit you in the face screw up.

gcscvol writes:

in response to gohawks1:

no. ithink doug dickey is at florida now and

No, I think Doug Dickey is at florida and Zook has gone to South Carolina.

chad_t31 writes:

I started keeping my media guides about 10 years ago. Just something I want to do for my son that I wish my dad had done for me..a little keepsake from the years gone by. Looking forward to this years. When I first saw the headline, I was afraid CPF was on the cover or actually had a page with his background and personal info on it or something. Glad it was a small oversight. Been a long time since they couldn't print 1992-present.

dvols writes:

important news tomorrow?

chad_t31 writes:

in response to dvols:

important news tomorrow?

No. Someone posted on another article (forgot which one) that he had put on his myspace account that he'd make his announcement Thursday at 3.

senracjr writes:

in response to MagicMan:

Come on....Gator women and children can't be that UGLY....wait a minute....sure they are!!!!

swordandshield27#325334 writes:

Does anyone know when the media guide will be available online?

atvolfan#654430 writes:

in response to MagicMan:

Yeah, all would be well for Gator fans if Fulmer was still employed!

Scroggins has not announced yet, but I'm sure you're psychic and already know where he's committing Thursday.

"Could?" UF fans are always unattractive.

lomas98 writes:

Maybe they just glanced at the payroll when they put that in. He is still getting paid.

Vols_n_Colts writes:

Hahahaha ... The News-Sentinel better hope the UTAD doesn't start putting out little blurbs on UTsports.com about the News-Sentinel and all the mistakes it makes when covering the Vols. They probably couldn't though because then there would never be room for anything else.

knoxlawvol writes:

sounds like the UTAD hired the KNS editors for the media guide

GerryOP writes:

in response to Claudette:

Well lil' zzgatorboy, I see you are back with a screen name more appropriate to your character. Now when we say you are "crying like a little girl" it will be explainable.

Yah, right, flashing a croc on the cover of your media guide is certainly not as significant as mistakenly including Fulmer's name in our media guide. But, then again, I'm sure the croc media guide is pure narcissistic puffery - the biggest, the greatest, the bestest, the baddest, Meyer and Tebow walk on water, yada, yada, yada. Of course any published starting lineup has a lot of names followed by asterisks. Indicates players who would start if they are not in jail come game time.

45 -- Fear The Kiffin...

AF_VOL writes:

Was Spurrier in charge of making the media guide???sounds like something he would do...And did Saban get his book for free???

Chomp writes:

in response to atvolfan#654430:

Yeah, all would be well for Gator fans if Fulmer was still employed!

"Could?" UF fans are always unattractive.

Sept 19th ... that's the day you're going to see just how "unattractive" we are.

ONUV writes:

wishful thinking by somebody and another reason for the knoxville media to bring up this has been.

volfaninutah writes:

Good night Irene!!!! how can someone at a zillion dollar university not have taken care of this before now. IT's only been the biggest news on the planet since last fall, except for Obama stabbin us all now!!! I'll bet the public affairs department is "working like heck to rectify this problem. GEEEZ !!!!

orange_glory writes:

in response to volster:

I agree with you. Must be another slow day at the KNS

HallowedHill writes: