More play for Kiffin on ESPN

On Sunday, it's official: Tennessee first-year football coach Lane Kiffin is "Outside the Lines.''

At least, as far as ESPN programming is concerned.

Kiffin, who since being hired in December has attracted star recruits to the Vols while making headlines with controversial comments involving other SEC programs, will be featured on the the ESPN show Sunday.

ESPN reporter Wendi Nix did a feature on Kiffin for "Outside the Lines" that airs at 9 a.m. Sunday on ESPN and noon on ESPNews. Excerpts will also run on ESPN's SportsCenter at 10 a.m. and 11 p.m.

The footage obtained by the News Sentinel on Thursday includes Kiffin in behind-the-scenes locker room talks with his players and commentary from UT assistant coach Ed Orgeron.

Orgeron claims Kiffin is "ahead of his time,'' and that Kiffin thinks faster than other people.

And then there's this from Kiffin: "Are some fans at other places offended, or on chat rooms saying bad things? Who cares? I wasn't hired for them.''

To watch a preview go to ESPN.

Get Copyright Permissions © 2009, Knoxville News Sentinel Co.

govolsfan#214750 writes:

And on that note, I continue to drink towards an exciting season of football.

state08 writes:

just more publicity for a program on the rise

volfaninwh writes:

this will be good. I'm sure something will come up to make Urban start crying again.

RJ_Vol writes:

'And then there's this from Kiffin: "Are some fans at other places offended, or on chat rooms saying bad things? Who cares? I wasn't hired for them."'

Amen. I don't agree w/ everything Kiffin says or does, but the above statement is spot on. UT has driven the SEC publicity cart the entire off-season. Nobody is talking about last season. He has people looking at the future, delivered on big recruits, and now the next season awaits.

Any word on the NCAA penalty for Alabama?

TrueVolsFan writes:

indeed. love this stuff. gator bishes are scared, even after two NCs, we got em tremblin'

volnbig11land writes:

hahaha, I love it! Poor ole espn has no choice but to jump into the media coverage!

I know it's killing their big 11/ucant loving butts!

hahahahahahahaha

kiffownsfla writes:

Lol thats good be sure to watch dc and zzz lol! the mans everywhere just heard pti talking about him 5mins ago. WOW! TN is coming back and you and I know it! GO VOLS!

teampenny#658108 writes:

The question is can this year's team back up his talk. I know what we hope-but can he do it. In three months we will see if he is the leader we all hope for. Go Vols

GoVols22 writes:

in response to RollTide987:

Thats nice.. this is a UT website. Nobody really cares what you have to say.

kiffownsfla writes:

in response to gatorz7:

Lmao zzz 7000 you got a thousand e mail adds dont you just because you love us so much dude your hilarious ROTF! GO VOLS!

txvolsfan writes:

Stones Kiffin gets all the love!!!
I think you may be right
Urbie Cryer may be getting behind Foley skirt again
Fear the Kiffin

FWBVol writes:

Lane Kiffin is playing to his audience, the Volunteer faithful. He's 100 percent correct to not care what the media or fans from other schools think about him.

As Kiffin has pointed out, he has to win fairly quickly. If the Vols are significantly improved this year, which shouldn't be too hard, Kiffin will have taken the first step in restoring the Vol program.

Hopefully when that happens he'll get credit for more than shooting from the hip.

Rick4UT writes:

I guess we are going to get the answer to the poll, as to which coach will be the first reprimanded for... Well, Go get um Lane... I know I have a lot to say about Urban and its not good. GO VOLS !!!!!! :)

kiffownsfla writes:

And brantley is suspose to play 8 games at qb this year and b4 the fla fans start either urban plans on such a beat down he puts brantley in OR they getting tebow ready at tight end and full back for the nfl? im goin with the latter of the two. you wont see brantley on 9/19 unless he gets put out and I hope he dont I want him in every snap at shotgun that way fla fans cant say well if we would of had TEBOW dont want to hear that EVER! GO VOLS!

InertGas writes:

Attaboy coach !!!!!!

Elkabong1940 writes:

It seems like the Vols have gotten a lot of commits for 2010 already. Does anyone know how many scholarships we have to give in 2010?

Rick4UT writes:

If your blood isn't Orange then you should write your dumb statements on your sidewalk. GO VOLS !!!!!

kiffownsfla writes:

in response to DCflorida3:

Dude your not the true DC get your passifier and benadryl and go to bed night night puddn! BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! GO VOLS! WORSHIP LK BOYS LMAO!

walter1998 writes:

in response to kiffownsfla:

Please repost...in English.

fpcoach writes:

I thought the 3 stooges were dead.

Kiffin_fan writes:

in response to RollTide987:

I think he can afford a little teeny weeny fine... What is in your Wallet??

GerryOP writes:

93 -- Fear The Kiffin...

teampenny#658108 writes:

in response to FWBVol:

Did you mean lip?

lebvol writes:

I still don't understand why gator fans and criminal tide fans spend so much time on this site. They claim to hate UT with such a passion yet they spend their free time here. Oh well, GO VOLS!!!!!!!

DrJCrown_theMagicMan writes:

kiffownsfla writes:

in response to walter1998:

Please repost...in English.

Sorry you cant read WALTER LOL NICE NAME LOL! GO VOLS!

Bulldog81 writes:

ESPN will be out to prove that it is not a willing tool of UT's warped PR agenda, so don't expect a friendly slant.
"Between the Lines" does investigative reporting. Expect
substantial revelations that don't go away overnight. Anyone who thinks this will be fun, or that "all publicity is good publicity," should look up the name Linda Bensel-Myers.

tigervol77 writes:

in response to DCflorida3:

I thought all you southern yankees love rassling......ya'll still believe it's real. (shhh!) Don't tell him any different.

GreenDevilVol writes:

in response to Bulldog81:

"Between the Lines" does investigative reporting. Expect

Just where is you mom now a days?? Exiled in Colorado??

1BigOrangeVol writes:

in response to Bulldog81:

"Between the Lines" does investigative reporting. Expect

Whew!!! Good thing he doesn't have to deal with those "investigative reporters" from "Between the Lines"! Maybe the "Outside the Lines" reporter will go easy on him. Go Vols!

GreenDevilVol writes:

in response to Bulldog81:

"Between the Lines" does investigative reporting. Expect

NO, NO;Kiffin is out to prove that Tennessee is no joke any more and that TENNESSEE football is the front runner in this state and the SEC.

Slant,who cares if ESPN is friendly,their "trailer trash" comments nearly cost them dearly,have them "investigate" what actually happened behind the scenes of ESPN during the fiasco !!

Revelations; sure there will be; an over view of how this program was going no where and where Kiffin will take it.

This so called publicity you are saying will not "go away" overnight,is total B.S.In this case ESPN has opened their "trailer trash talking mouths". This is so ESPN can ride the coats of the southern football greatness and have to put the Big 1(1)0 on the back burner for a true FOOTBALL story !!

Sit back and enjoy the ride 81 you and the buldogs are getting ready to be Kiffin-ized !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ctownvol writes:

in response to DCflorida3:

Maybe we are, but yet here you are. Day after day after day after day after day....

DrJCrown_theMagicMan writes:

in response to Bulldog81:

"Between the Lines" does investigative reporting. Expect

If ESPN is going to try something they may want to remember the time they can to College Gameday and remember what happened.

I am sure Kiff is real scared of those espn reporters.

You have not been paying much attn to all the smackdown Lane has layed down on SEC coaches have you?

Meyer hid behind Foley's dress and he will hide behind his players when he trys to ru nup the score on us in Florida.If i was a tenn player I would act like I was going out of bounds and I coulodn't stop my momentium and just slam right into Meyer and tackle and lay him out cold!

Now that would be funny.
Anybody see that Ref take out Garcia that played for SC this year?

tigervol77 writes:

I truly do hate a gator. I do not post on here much at all. I guess my question would be why hasn't these interloper wankers been banned for good yet?

Hounddog writes:

in response to RollTide987:

He's 33. He is a kid, fool. That's why the kids love him. The point.. all the top prospects have UT in their thought process the numbers will work in our favor! Fines? We don't care about no stikin fines! GO VOLS!

DrJCrown_theMagicMan writes:

Florida is garbage I would not even flush them down my toliet they are so phooey!

DrJCrown_theMagicMan writes:

in response to tigervol77:

KNS feels sorry for them and knows they have no life.
They are afraid they would commit suicide if they banned them for good.
KNS are good people and don't want that on there hands!

HallowedHill writes:

Crazy like a fox. Staff, Recruiting, Media Blitz, high profile football camps, intense practices. CLK hasn't had a chance to coach a game yet, but it looks like he has done everything else extremely well so far. GO VOLS!

pammyvol1000 writes:

Just in case you missed it. Peyton Manning on TN and the new LK football.

ctownvol writes:

in response to tigervol77:

Because these "wankers" are KNS employees.

DrJCrown_theMagicMan writes:

in response to TCHDWN10C:

He says I am "working like heck" to get another box of Donuts as fast as I can I have only ate 6 dozen today.
He also says I will have to tape this show cause watching it live I don't know what is going on!
LMAO!

AllVol2008#1353998 writes:

in response to govolsfan#214750:

And on that note, I continue to drink towards an exciting season of football.

Excellent! Well said. Well said.

Gate21 writes:

in response to 1BigOrangeVol:

lol...guess reading comprehension isn't bulldog's strength...maybe if they posted pictures with the articles that would help! Go Vols!

panties4tebow writes:

I am so glad the pantie trolls don't like Coach Lane Kiffin & Staff, they FEAR TENNESSEE'S GREAT COACHING STAFF otherwise they would not be here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

FEAR COACH KIFFIN & STAFF - they have the LIL-trolls and LIL- PEE WEE HERMAN meyer so afraid I bet they can't sleep well at night!

GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COACH LANE KIFFIN IS MAKING WAVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tigervol77 writes:

in response to ctownvol:

Because these "wankers" are KNS employees.

That is kind of what I figured.

gnm53108 writes:

in response to govolsfan#214750:

And on that note, I continue to drink towards an exciting season of football.

90 something more frost brewed "koolaid" drinking days.

Ahhhh.

DrJCrown_theMagicMan writes:

If I was from another country how would you explain Vol nation to me?
What would you say about it?
I am curious like a cat I got a few friends that call me whiskers...
Please someone answer this question!

ctownvol writes:

in response to tigervol77:

That is kind of what I figured.

Once you come to that realization they're not so bad. Humorous actually.

gnm53108 writes:

in response to pammyvol1000:

Just in case you missed it. Peyton Manning on TN and the new LK football.

Kool.