Vols WR Jones has surgery

Tennessee wide receiver Gerald Jones had successful surgery on his left wrist on Wednesday.

The school reported in a news release Thursday that he is expected to make a full recovery by the start of preseason practice in August.

Jones, considered one of the Vols’ big-play threats, also played briefly at quarterback last season.

rockytopman writes:

Get well soon, Gerald.

DrJCrown_theMagicMan writes:

Light it up and score us many TD's this season Mr Jones.I wanna see you bring it!

GREATVOLSAFIRE writes:

Get Well and have a great season! GO VOLS!!!!

hueypilot writes:

in response to TCHDWN10C:

Oh really. How many passes has Jones thrown? Until Jones actually throws a pass and completes it, defenses saw the G Gun and brought ten men up. I'm not sure about "better than" but I do know one thing Jonathan Crompton is a better man thn you are. I'm sure of it. If the young man will spend these many years working to be the quarterback at the school you supposedly support, he ought to command more of your respect than to denigrate his name. Really 10EC can't you do better than a bastardization of the boy's proper name.

GreenDevilVol writes:

Get well soon gerald. The man will be a play ,aker for UT this year,he and about 7-8 others.

GreenDevilVol writes:

in response to GreenDevilVol:

dang key board.... Get well soon Gerald. The man will be a play-maker for UT this year.he and about 7-8 others.

Slimjim_Vols writes:

in response to DCflorida3:

gohawks1 writes:

in response to hueypilot:

Can't remember for sure, but didn't Jones throw a pass for 30-40 yards during a game last year?

gohawks1 writes:

Oh well, I can't find it in the stats, but it seems like I remember a pass from Jones that went for a pretty good chunk of yardage during a game last year. Can anyone else remember this, or am I just delusional?

MrBamSeydu writes:

in response to biggestutfan:

Be careful with the phrase "any Vols"...

our basketball team has owned yours the past 5 years.

GainesvilleVol1 writes:

Heal quickly Gerald, we need you at 100%.

GO VOLS!!

pdhuff#552644 writes:

Heal quick, Brother Jones.

You are a much needed spoke in our wheel.

voloffaith writes:

Hear ye hear ye hear ye.....the following is intended as serious and not sarcastic in any way. I posted in the no media at camp article an apology to all offended/non-offended readers of my post(I know most don't read and that's ok.) I will attempt henceforth from here to respond to all posters/articles in a non-confrontational way whether I agree with the poster or not to encourage a productive on topic discussion of all things VOLS.

On topic. I hope Mr. Jones heals quickly to be ready for fall 2 a days in August.Go VOLS!!!

sameolvolalum writes:

Let's look forward to a Crompton to Jones TC combo to repeat itself over and over again this season. Support ALL VOL players, fellow big orange fans, and let's hope all will stay healthy.

sameolvolalum writes:

Oooops! That's supposed to say TD--not TC.

hueypilot writes:

in response to gohawks1:

I sure don't remember it IP. I do remember one really nice long completion Crompton to Jones (I think) that made fifty yards look really easy. But I really don't remember even seeing Jones put the ball in the air.

jcherrie#219531 (Inactive) writes:

in response to DCflorida3:

Isn't it stupid not to check the validity of the garbage you post?

Oh wait, all your posts are stupid and you don't have a life.

Try 24 arrests since 2005 --