- Coach Kiffin addresses the media on the first day of Spring practice
- Kiffin: Team leadership and the offensive line
- What Kiffin expects from the Vols this Spring
- Jim Chaney on the offensive line
- Monte Kiffin and Ed Orgeron on the defensive line
- Eric Berry on Spring practice and the new coaches
- UT players talk about getting back to practice
- Vol football: 1st Spring practice
Demetrice Morley wasn’t allowed to participate Tuesday as Tennessee opened spring practice because the senior safety was late for a meeting. Sophomore Stephaun Raines and freshman Prentiss Waggner filled in.
Morley has had more than his fair share of disciplinary issues. He was dismissed from school for academic shortcomings in 2007 but returned for the 2008 season.
Fellow safety Eric Berry is doing his best to overcome offseason shoulder surgery.
“I won’t be doing any contact, but I will be going through all the drills and walkthroughs,” the junior said. “No contact and no scrimmages.”
Not being able to hit is the biggest pain for Berry.
“It (no contact) is killing me right now,” Berry said.
Even when healthy, Berry is known for pushing prudent practice limits.
“The trainers will be on the sideline, and they’ll keep an eye on me because they know I try to push it a little bit,” Berry said. “They’ll calm me down every now and then.”