Ole Miss game set for noon

Full event details »

Tennessee's game at Ole Miss on Nov. 14 has been set for a noon kickoff, according to UT athletic director Mike Hamilton.

The game will be televised on WVLT (CBS).

Get Copyright Permissions © 2009, Knoxville News Sentinel Co.

VolunteerPassion writes:

I didn't know CBS televised noon games. Oh well. GBO!!

Rockford writes:

BS.

tulelakevol writes:

SEC Network?

6MillionDollarPumpkin writes:

This sucks!!!! Who has the 3:30 slot, UK and Vandy??

utfpmd writes:

I hate it when the games aren't in HD, and I bet this is that cheesy JP Sports type broadcast and not true CBS HD. This is why I was rooting for Ole Miss to win Saturday and stay ranked.

MemphoVol writes:

Is this noon eastern or central time? Oxford, MS is in central time zone. Bet the Bama - MS State game is the 3:30 Eastern CBS game.

dadavids writes:

UF V USC is the 3:30 game.

volzcrushm writes:

Well...i guess that give me a few more hours of party to another big orange victory!!

jcoop9909 writes:

its true! ..jus read it on ESPN.. Cbs double header on Nov 14...Tennessee vs Ole Miss at 12, then Florida vs South Carolina at 3:30

tulelakevol writes:

Figured it out

navarrebeachvol writes:

greeeeat. must be a CBS double header. I have spent a wad on tickets and hotels just to get a 1100 central kickoff. guess the tailgate in the Grove will be post game!

NO_DIGGITY writes:

It is not an official CBS game, WVLT just happens to be the CBS affiliate in Knoxville. It is the same crew (some dude and Andre Ware) that did the UT vs Georgia game at 1230 a few weeks ago.

spoonerism writes:

Well, the settles it. I was going to go down to Oxford, but an 11am CT start doesn't leave much time for tailgating. So, I will stay here at watch it/listen on radio. Thanks!

Docrok writes:

in response to navarrebeachvol:

Yea No kidding!! I was rooting for a late game at the Grove but no such luck! That sucks

kevin151 writes:

I'm actually excited about an early game. Saturday is too long when you have to wait all day for the Vols to come on. Vols win out!

Bloodrunzorange writes:

Still plenty of time to have Hotty Toddy for lunch! If you have not partied in the Grove, now is a good time! There will be more drunk fools in the Grove than in the stadium! Go Vols and go CLK!

voloffaith writes:

in response to jmr68ut:

beat Memphis first.....one game at a time....uh just sayin'.....sorry, couldn't resist the famous just sayin' response.

Vol86 writes:

Sometimes I like a nooner. Wait not in Football.

ArealVolFan writes:

I'm okay with this...the last two times we had this time slot and crew we have outscored opponents 108-26.

huntined#565710 writes:

in response to jmr68ut:

should have a lot of time for them to work on the defense for the ole miss game as it should not take a lot of effort for MEM.

RebelVol writes:

11:00 a.m start? The grove will not be hopping like it normally does. BE CAREFUL. If you are planning to tailgate in the grove(which i highly recommend), always leave your booze in a cooler. If the police see liquor in the open with no one watching it, they will make you pour it out-21 or not. Always keep your beer in a cup as well even if you are 21. As long as your drink is in a cup, police leave you alone

stevefrommemphis writes:

in response to utfpmd:

I looked at utsports.com, and it says a CBS telecast. I think CBS does two games sometimes late in the year, so maybe we will get CBS HD after all.

Game starts at 11am Central, noon Eastern.

6MillionDollarPumpkin writes:

I will have to start drinking at 7 am then..........divorce at 9 pm!!!

VolunteerPassion writes:

More on the Nov. 14 SEC television lineup
November 2, 2009 2:14 PM
Posted by ESPN.com's Chris Low

Here's a look at the SEC television lineup for Nov. 14. The Auburn at Georgia and Alabama and Mississippi State games have yet to be set, but both will be night games:
Tennessee at Ole Miss, noon ET, CBS

Kentucky at Vanderbilt, 12:21 p.m. ET, SEC Network/ESPN Regional

Florida at South Carolina, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS

Louisiana Tech at LSU, 7 p.m. ET, ESPNU

Auburn at Georgia, 7 p.m. ET, ESPN or ESPN2

Alabama at Mississippi State, 7 p.m. ET, ESPN or ESPN2

Troy at Arkansas, 7:30 p.m. ET, Comcast Sports Southeast

Hounddog writes:

Mrs Hounddog just asked me to find two tickets to the Ole Miss game and she wants to take me. IT's OUR 25th...see why she is Mrs. HD?

Let's play football. Hounddog

Waldorf writes:

Rules SEC needs to implement.

1. When teams from East that are not Ole Miss's permanent opponent play at Ole Miss, it MUST be in September or early October so the visiting males can see the scenery in all its glory.

2. When teams from East that are not Ole Miss's permanent opponent play at Ole Miss, it MUST also be a night game and NEVER be a 12 noon kickoff.

Boo SEC. Boo.

10ECMATT writes:

If we win, 12 is fine. Losing early stinks. The announcers hate us anyway. Let's kick butt! Go Vols!

10ECMATT writes:

Thats right. We don't need to get like gerogia. We are doing fine right now.

steelersman42 writes:

I believe in 2007 we had something like this for the Kentucky game, correct? Kickoff was at 1:30 Knoxville time. lasted about all day. lol. GO VOLS!!!

SmokeyHound writes:

also, when the heck is berry gonna beat that record and finally get a pick??? he isn't playing to his full potential.

Vol737 writes:

in response to Bloodrunzorange:

Yeah, and they have more than a few hotties down in the Grove too! Some of the best around. I love the SEC. GBO!

Fryinpansvols writes:

Lets not forget we have to take care of Memphis this weekend first. We don't need to overlook anyone right now. We just need to take it one game at a time. GBO!

Vol737 writes:

in response to SmokeyHound:

Dude, c'mon! They've moved EB up to play almost a roving LB position. Have you not seen the hits he's made at the line or tackles for losses? They know they've got good coverage with JJ back there so it allows them to do much more with Berry. And believe me, no one is throwing his direction very often. He's more than playing to his potential...puhleeeeeeeze!

the10sevol writes:

in response to Hounddog:

Let's play football. Hounddog

congrats, hounddog. enjoy the game, get mrs. hounddog a little tipsy, and howl Rocky Top all night long!

GBO

volvoice writes:

in response to deerbedar1717:

If it is the Music City Bowl, the opponent will be from the ACC, not TTU or ISU. Actually, the MCB "wish list" of ACC curently is in this order:
UNC
WF
FSU
They would love to have UT for the actual game attendance factor, but not the area merchants b/c of the lack of sustained income for more than one day.