'Amazing' game day experience for commitment Pair

Marques Pair committed to Tennessee based on a summer camp visit. UT’s game day experience this weekend against Memphis validated that decision.

“The game day experience was amazing,” the 6-foot-6, 267-pound offensive lineman from Sumter (S.C.) High School said Sunday a day after the Vols defeated Memphis 56-28.

Last summer, Pair saw an empty Neyland Stadium during UT’s camp. This weekend’s version was far different.

“I had been in it for the camp but I hadn’t been in it with all the people; It was even better,” he said.

Pair said he has no intentions of taking any other official visits and is firmly committed to UT. That dedication has its benefits. Being recognized on campus is one.

“The fans know me already and know who I am and are excited about me coming here next year,” Pair said.

Pair had received interest from South Carolina, North Carolina, Clemson, N.C. State and Auburn before committing to UT in June.

Get Copyright Permissions © 2009, Knoxville News Sentinel Co.

Cldvols1 writes:

How could it not be in Neyland in front of 96,000+! Go Vols!!!

Brillovol writes:

If he thought that crowd was impressive, he will be blown away by the FL and AL games next year!

qspr91iz writes:

I am glad he is an o-lineman. Now we need to lockdown Green, Cullen, James, and Robinson. This staff will get it done by signing day.
GO VOLS!!!!

TommyJack writes:

Reel'em in.

allvol9 writes:

Welcome to Big Orange Country! We really need O lineman and if this staff thinks he is good...he must really be!

Gator_Hater (Inactive) writes:

Do we have a shot at Morgan Moses at Hargrave?

Txvol57 writes:

in response to Gator_Hater:

Do we have a shot at Morgan Moses at Hargrave?

Morgan Moses has gotten to be 360 lbs and is fat, slow, and lazy...we dont want him

jcoop9909 writes:

I would love to see juwan james, james stone, and chaz green her next year!

TennesseeGorilla writes:

It's nice to see a kid so committed he doesn't want other visits, welcome home kid.

rpenland21#231616 writes:

Any truth to the rumors that Juwan James cancelled his visit to Georgia?

PAROLE_tide writes:

in response to rpenland21#231616:

Any truth to the rumors that Juwan James cancelled his visit to Georgia?

I don't know about him not making it to the UGA game, but he has already been there several times. So I wouldn't read to much into it just yet. It's tough going against Richt with an instate kid. That said I like our chances.

SmokeyHound writes:

what about that number one wide receiver from pahokee??? y wont he come to ut?

hgvol writes:

in response to SmokeyHound:

what about that number one wide receiver from pahokee??? y wont he come to ut?

Dunkley did visit said he liked what he saw. However I dont think Tennessee stands much of a chance landing this one. He will probably be a Gator

6MillionDollarPumpkin writes:

in response to Txvol57:

Moses was one of the top O-line recruits last year. I would take my chances with this kid now. I think that once he gets in the weight room and gets going with this staff, he will be in playing shape quickly.

DenverVol writes:

I remember seeing Pair's video from that summer camp. He's a beast and super athletic. He'll put some weight on when he gets to campus and I'm betting will be a good one for us. Go Vols! Beat Ol' Miss.

FranklinCo_VOL writes:

in response to rpenland21#231616:

Any truth to the rumors that Juwan James cancelled his visit to Georgia?

Another site has reported that he did indeed cancel his trip to Georgia. I think we will get him. Our programs are headed in different directions.

fronix5000 writes:

Oho sweet Jesus....how blessed we are to be Vols. So great to see this progress....

illinoisvolfan writes:

6'6'' and 267? He could put on 25 -30 pounds of muscle and still look almost lean. Must be a smart kid too, he got his boarding pass for the Lane Train early.

Volunatic writes:

I like your enthusiasm, Marques. Glad you're going to be a Vol!

volsgirl writes:

Wellcome to Rocky Top star learn the song......WOOOOOOOO

straightshooter writes:

I would say JC supporters were few and far between for good reason! A 5th year guy missing throws the way he was coming out of HS as the 4th best QB recruit in the country hardly met expectations. And even if he shines the remainder of the year JC's early season failures are the the biggest reason UT isn't 8-1 now and likely finishing 11-1 and looking at a possible New Years bowl game.

VOL03_NC writes:

Whats not to love? Orange is beautiful...
GBO!!!