1. Bundle Up: The weather forecast is for low 20s and light snow - oops, that's the Great Alaska Shootout in Anchorage. But it will get chilly in Commonwealth Stadium tonight, although mid-40s isn't bad under the circumstances. There have been colder UT-UK kickoffs at noon. If you're going, dress warm because you don't want to get the chills and leave early. This one's going down to the wire.
2. Kicking to Cobb: It's not just that Alcoa's Randall Cobb is dangerous from the line of scrimmage. He's also a weapon returning kickoffs (25.2-yard average) and punts (13.3 yards and a touchdown). The Vols have made adjustments and largely solved the early-season kickoff-coverage woes. No backsliding when No. 18 in blue is back deep.
3. Fumble-Free: Tennessee has made it through 11 games without losing a fumble on a run from scrimmage. Montario Hardesty lost one after catching a pass against Western Kentucky, but the skill-position guys are clean since then. Jonathan Crompton has lost two fumbles, Janzen Jackson gave one back returning a fumble recovery on defense and Dennis Rogan muffed a punt. That's it.
4. Ends Game: It's never a good thing to go into a game concerned about the availability and durability of your starting defensive ends. But that's where Tennessee is tonight. Chris Walker (elbow) and Ben Martin (hip) will be game-time decisions, Lane Kiffin said Thursday. Walker is one of UT's difference-makers and Martin has held on to the starting job over Gerald Williams the past nine games for a reason.
5. Rush Hour: Kentucky ranks 11th in the SEC in rush defense, allowing 179.3 yards a game and an SEC-high 4.6 yards per carry. UT's Hardesty is coming off a career-high 171-yard game against Vanderbilt and looked like he had plenty of gas in the tank. The Vols might want to keep him warm on a cold night.