Georgia making strong push for Meline

Georgia is making a strong push to sway Tennessee commitment Ted Meline.

“I am still committed to Tennessee, but Georgia is right behind them,” Meline told Superprep.com.

Alabama, Auburn, Clemson and North Carolina also are pursuing the 6-foot-3, 170-pound wideout. Michigan and Ohio State also have entered the mix.

“I am going to give Georgia a serious look,” he said. “I have liked them a lot for a long time, so I am ready to get up there for my visit. I am also planning to visit Clemson and Tennessee officially as well.”

“… I like Tennessee a lot and I think I will go there, but I want to make sure it is right for me.”

Get Copyright Permissions © 2009, Knoxville News Sentinel Co.

tnlizard writes:

in response to sicemsmokey:

Gosh I wish you would change teams

Mobbdeep4life writes:

Can't blame them for taking all their official visits. It's an excellent opportunity to see different campuses and different regions of the country on someone else's dime. Hopefully he'll make the choice that's best for him. You would think he sees the opportunity for playing time at UT.

Vols033 writes:

in response to sicemsmokey:

You are a retard. We will sign a top 5 class this year. Players coming in don't care about right now, they care about the future. Sounds like you are talking about Fulmer playing Arian Foster and countless others while he was here. We don't have a QB on our team, period. We don't have a good receiver on our team yet, period. This is called a REBUILDING PERIOD. They have to rebuild it because the fat man ran it into the ground. In 3 years we will be back and i hope smokey sicks you then. VB

Vols033 writes:

in response to sicemsmokey:

Wow very intelligent response. You have just proven my point that you have no clue what is going on this year. Well I tell you what, since Kiffin sucks so bad and you are so good, why don't we hire you as our coach. That would solve all of our problems. Let's hire this guy who knows nothing about football to coach our team.

vtvol#210290 writes:

in response to sicemsmokey:

Phil, will you stop already?!

MikeTheTiger writes:

Somebody needs to tell this guy that Crompton is a senior and won't be drilling him in the back of the helmet next year.

timetofireclk writes:

WOW looks like Crompton not only got CPF fired, he is getting the team split, he is going to empty the seats, he has shown that the new staff cant coach or make adjustment, and now he is causing the commits to jump ship like it is the Titanic. Maybe we can keep some of the 3 star guys and get some rejects like Newton. This staff is good at taking the rejects from Florida.

us43137415#376444 writes:

Wow..

I don't even know what the comment was, but apparently, it was stupid enough to wonder why supposed "adults" could get access to a computer.

Just imagine if he had a gun-carry permit........

timetofireclk writes:

I would say there will be an announcement this week that Meline has committed to UGA. He will say his reasons are that he wanted to go somewhere that coached to win and to a staff that had some ability to adjust.

GreerVol22 writes:

in response to timetofireclk:

just like Richt coached and adjusted his way to victory Saturday huh? Idiot.

AFVol423 writes:

The million dollar question, does a good showing from the vols keep his commitment or is it better to let him see how much we need him? If it's the later, he should have been in knoxville on Saturday.

maturner#222552 writes:

in response to timetofireclk:

It is what it is I am not going to downgrade anyone on a forum. Sure we have had better QB's at UT but it will get better. This is not all on Crompton plenty of blame to go around, receivers dropping balls bad offensive line play, bad special teams play, and a tired defense. We need to support the players we have I know they want to win just as badly as us fans do. We can't pick players up off waivers like in the NFL we have to make do with what we have.

usnavyvol writes:

in response to DaMan:

I told your sorry a** everytime I see ur name on here I'm gonna tag you. You are a complete idiot with no real idea how the game is played or coached. All u do is waste time and space. Damn son I have forgotten more about UT football than you will ever know. Do us all a favor and get back in line for ur free text books. It's obvious u need them. If need be I'll provide the crayons so u can color the pretty pictures.
SLAPNUTZ Troll
UT class of 93'.....GO VOLS..!!!!

bigtimevol writes:

in response to timetofireclk:

That, or they might think they can catch better with their helmets than the current WR's, and come to Big Orange Country to play as a Frosh.

jhayes0926#638474 writes:

hey KNS staff. Do you ever look at the history of the posters on this site? Seems that fireclk, sicemsmokey, and da(cave)man are always instigating, posting trash, and doing nothing but inciting negative posts. Can't you do something about this kind of stuff.

rdgshackelford writes:

in response to jhayes0926#638474:

KNS does block users occasionally, however they tend to block the user names and not the IP adresses. this results in these idiots just changing thier names.

Dear KNS,

please block these bozos' IP adresses.

Your Forever,
The UT fans

in response to timetofireclk:

When/if the time comes to do what your screen name says, AFTER the three years or so ANY decent coach would take to right this listing ship, will you stand good for the buy-out? Didn't think so; so shut up.

cloudodust writes:

in response to us43137415#376444:

Wow..

Just imagine if he had a gun-carry permit........

Don't know what the comment was myself, but the last sentence shows me that you don't understand the fact that 99.99% of stupid done with a gun comes at the hand of a non-permit holder.

in response to FreeTDTN:

Can't believe everybody just let that comment lie there without a challenge, so I'm asking: What the heck are you talking about?!?!? You can't make a statement like that without some details and context. Of course, given your ongoing "Dupree" story line, it is possible you were exercising your somewhat edgy sense of humor, but, if so, you went over the edge on that one.

Cldvols1 writes:

in response to TennesseeBigMan:

If noone could see that you were a fake posting on this site surely they can now! I bet your not even a TNBig Man, I'm guessing about a 5'0 troll with small hands and a small...(You can figure it out)

EnglewoodVol writes:

for all you Georgia guys who's lives revolve around getting on our site and commenting on our recruiting news negatively, 45-19 you south central Georgia mouth breathers.