1. It’s Time: That’s been the promotional slogan of the Lane Kiffin Era. Yes, on Oct. 10, it’s really time. It’s time to win an SEC game. It’s time to beat a BCS opponent.
2. Stop the Drops: The last thing the Vols’ struggling passing attack needs is an epidemic of anvil-hands from Jonathan Crompton’s intended targets. See the ball. Be the ball. Catch the ball.
3. The Joy of Sacks : The most recent quarterback UT sacked was Tim Tebow in the fourth quarter in The Swamp. Ohio and Auburn combined to launch 87 passes in Neyland Stadium without interference. The Vols need to put some grass stains on Joe Cox’s shiny white jersey.
4. No. 8 in Your Program: That would be Crompton for UT and receiver A.J. Green for Georgia. Green may be the best offensive player in the SEC this side of Tebow. If Green goes wild and Crompton struggles, it’s probably a long day for the Vols.
5. Cover the Fullback: Those who ignore the past, it is said, are doomed to repeat it. If, per chance, Tennessee gets a go-ahead score in the final minute today the Vols should not squib kick. And if, per chance, Georgia gets near the goal line with seconds to spare, don’t let fullback Shaun Chapas go uncovered in the end zone. That sequence from 2001 launched rookie head coach Mark Richt to a three-game winning streak in Neyland Stadium.