Rapper Lil Wayne references Kiffin in new song

More fame for first-year Tennessee coach Lane Kiffin. Now it's the world of Hip Hop.

Grammy-award winning rapper Lil Wayne references the coach in his new song "Banned From TV" off the"No Ceiling" release.

Smoke weed, talk ---- like Coach Kiffin . The reference to Kiffin is made at 1:10 into the song.

Lil Wayne's "Put Me In The Game" could be heard blaring from the sound system during UT practices in August.

To listen to the song go to the Web site.

Please note, the song contains some explicit lyrics.

Get Copyright Permissions © 2009, Knoxville News Sentinel Co.

Hoss44 writes:

Oh yeah, boooooy. CLK the king of street cred

golfballs03 writes:

Lil Wayne and Swiperboy need to collaborate

VolunteerLifer writes:

Do you think "Banned from TV" will be played at UT practices? UT Games?

Will it be played at other SEC stadiums? florida's home stadium? (what's that thing called - Andy Griffith Stadium? or is it Barney Fife field?)

How many other SEC coaches are referred to by name in a popular hip-hop song? CLK is hip, man.

TrouserCough writes:

We've arrived

stratocaster54 writes:

This is what I want to hear this Saturday...

"I will give my all for Tennessee today!" with Swiperboy playing "Yes I can!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThXJG1...

Gator_Hater (Inactive) writes:

Weren't Meyer and Tebow mentioned in a song by Elton John? Or was it George Michael?

auttat writes:

in response to Gator_Hater:

Adam Lambert

McIntireIMP writes:

paden312 writes:

in response to RichRollin:

I think it was Boy George

Gator_Hater (Inactive) writes:

in response to auttat:

Adam Lambert

Hehehe...

sizeDD writes:

MORE PUB!
BE VERY AFRAID OF THE KIFFIN!

Gator_Hater (Inactive) writes:

in response to McIntireIMP:

volaboard writes:

in response to Gator_Hater:

Nailed it!

mspatskitchen writes:

This is hilarious and solid. I think Slive was referenced in the Gary Pluckett classic, "Woman Woman Have you got cheating on your mind?" and Paul Finebaum was referenced in Steve Miller's, "Take the money and run"

mbible1utk#324980 writes:

just another lovely recruiting tool that no other team in the country has....

Ironcity writes:

Worst rap song I have ever heard but Lane has definitely been accepted by the hip hop nation!

InTheShadows writes:

i'll repeat what i said earlier..this is a great recruiting tool. a famous rapper with a high school demographic mentions CLK in a song!!

mbible1utk#324980 writes:

unfortunately.... we were beaten to the popular music scene by Alabama and Florida.

Here's Alabama- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS4LCo...

and here's Florida- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APqD2m...

tfortennessee writes:

I realize this is off subject, but it is way too kool to ignore. I was just reading Comm Appeal and saw this in the comment section by a tiger higher:

"Apparently typical fan of the (not) University of Tennessee: utterly and completely no class. Trash talking with you is baseless, somewhere below the level of the swamp (pun intended) from which you seem to emanate.
Of course, you are going to beat the hades out of us, barring some sort of Cecil B. DeMille miracle. You might want to consider, however, how cheap of a win it will be for you, even if you manage yet again to crawl into a bowl game by beating us, Kentucky and Vanderbilt to bumble your way to six or seven wins. You might also want to think about something so novel as "sportsmanship" and those attributes that made the game fun for so many of us, both now and when we were children. Such thoughts, however, would require something that resembles mental acuity. I'll leave an assessment of such possibilities to the good readers of these comments."

They are begging the Vols to "not beat them too bad" nearly two week in advance. I can't stop laughing. This from some of the most trash talking, thuggish fans in all of college sports. LMAO!!!!!

thevoice writes:

Hope this will get us a QB!

thevoice writes:

in response to tfortennessee:

How interesting. Must one (the poster) forget that in addition to playing the alleged panzies we also played 2 No. 1 teams, throttled GA, and are rebuilding. If he wants to trade schedules, fantastic!

March on Kiffin, no mercy. GBO!

tfortennessee writes:

in response to thevoice:

March on Kiffin, no mercy. GBO!

We must focus on a very good S. Carolina team first, but nothing would be better to go into the tiger high game at 4 up and 4 down then put up about 70 on em. Pride of the Southland could play the Lil Wayne rap just for tiger high. Let up only went their band plays "Rocky Top"!

golfballs03 writes:

in response to VolunteerLifer:

Do you think "Banned from TV" will be played at UT practices? UT Games?

Benny Hill Stadium

bUTchVFL writes:

Does this guy stop nowhere to get pub. He has definitely been accepted in the Hip Hop community. When Lil Wayne gets another grammy I hope he invites CLK to attend.

AceVentura writes:

No need for Kiffin to "talk Sh**" any more now that he has the most popular rapper doing it for him.

VolunteerLifer writes:

in response to golfballs03:

Benny Hill Stadium

Good one. I had to google Benny Hill to make sure he was who I thought he was, and he was!! A good laugh, thanks.

KINGKONG writes:

in response to supersmo18:

you are a square a pure nerd

Flyfisherman writes:

in response to Gator_Hater:

Barry Manilow

NOOGAVOL writes:

Check this song out.....It's Football Time In Tennessee! By Michael Martin!

KINGKONG writes:

in response to supersmo18:

I can send you my grandmothers christian rappers greatest hits cd. lol

10ECDave writes:

Hey Guys, Off subject, but I heard on a talk radio show that Floradu is telling its "top" defensive recruites that Charlie Strong will NOT be the defensive coordinator next year. The guy they were interviewing is from Alabubba and is some kind of SEC expert, and said that the rumor is that Strong will be the head coach at Virginia next year. Hope it's true! Just another brick in the wall, that is leaving! Go Big Orange!

vol88 writes:

in response to Flyfisherman:

Barry Manilow

oh Urban, you came and you gave without taking, but I sent you away, oh Urban.

I swear I am laughing so hard tears are streaming down my face.

vol88 writes:

in response to Tellico_Vol:

How about...

fear the Kiffin
or you'll be body-bag stiffin'

yo. lol.

Txvol57 writes:

this is great!!! almost every recruit in America listens to Lil Wayne... No other coach in the county can say that they were mentioned in a grammy award winning rappers song....this will be a big big plus for recruiting!!!!

hglover40#234154 writes:

Yea - has to help recruiting.

Off topic - can anyone tell me what happened with Gerald Williams.
I was just looking at the stats for GA and Bama - he didn't have a tackle.
Is he hurt?

Hounddog writes:

in response to tfortennessee:

This is the crowd that when UT visted then their number one rank basketball arena...evryone was wearing a "I hate orange" T-shirt.

Let's play football. Hounddog

Weatherman writes:

in response to thevoice:

Hope this will get us a QB!

A Kicker with a strong leg would be good as well

bryan14 writes:

Is it true that Freddie Mercury & Queen had a top 10 song about Slive, Tebow & Meyer?

SanFranciscoVol writes:

I love it. In my opinion it can only help us. Can you imagine when kids hear that from coast to coast. I'm pumped up. Hopefully we got all our hurt out of the way in the first few games. I'd much rather finish strong than to go 5-0 and lose the last 7. I'm pumped up for the gamecocks. No mercy. I believe this defense has the capability to allow ZERO touchdowns for SC.
GO BIG ORANGE

thevoice writes:

in response to Weatherman:

A Kicker with a strong leg would be good as well

Good point. Maybe he'll be a rap kicker.

rocky_topper writes:

in response to Gator_Hater:

It was Elton John. It was "Hold Me Closer Tiny Dancer"!

shadab writes:

That is just plain dope!

VolunteerLifer writes:

in response to Tellico_Vol:

Winnin rhymes with Kiffin.

abnerPeabody writes:

in response to Ironcity:

Rap music is terrible.If you like it,good for you.I wouldn't listen to that trash if I was paid to do so.Bash me all you want.That will not change the way I feel about that trash.Kind of like listening to the devil himself trying to talk while makeing a complete fool of himself.

lmvolfan writes:

GOOD ARTICLE, BUT I THINK THEY MAY NEED TO GIVE REFERENCE TO ANOTHER LOCAL WEB SITE. ALONG WITH OTHER ARTICLES. INSTEAD OF "NEWS SENTINEL STAFF"

QB_10 (Inactive) writes:

Shorty in the Club, Lollipop on Lane's iPod and blasted in warm-ups at Neyland....lastly give the entire coaching staff a set of Gold plated Grillz--My Grillz, My Grillz all up in Spurrier Grill

mmorris writes:

"Like Lane Kiffen," not "like Coach Kiffen." Listen to the song, KNS rocket surgeons.

sizeDD writes:

in response to hglover40#234154:

Yea - has to help recruiting.

Off topic - can anyone tell me what happened with Gerald Williams.
I was just looking at the stats for GA and Bama - he didn't have a tackle.
Is he hurt?

He was on bench, not sure why but the announcers noticed it. Doghouse perhaps..........

chargervol writes:

in response to 10ECDave:

That sounds like rumor. I think Charlie Strong would get plenty of offers annually. I do think that he will be a head coach someday, and he deserves the chance. But, I just don't think that florida(Meyer) would tell recruits that they will not be playing for Strong. GO VOLS!!!

SanFranciscoVol writes:

We will probably get a secondary violation for this song =)